Aramark Employee Reviews

A Great Learning Curve in my Career
Conference & Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2017
Worked with Aramark for almost 5 years
Planning major conferences
Meeting and planning with Internal and External clientele; day to day catering operations ranging from from buffet spread, receptions to plated dinners..
Worked with the best of the industry professionals
Gained knowledge on Financials and budget planning
Extensive long hours, stress and pressure can sometimes make this job challenging
Managing big and major events is the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun, stressful place to work
Concession cook/runner/cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON9 February 2017
My job with Aramark meant that I was a cook and cashier at the Canadian Tire Centre, where I would be responsible for cooking food for over 100 customers in the span of a 20 minute intermission. The job was highly stressful and I may very much credit my abilities to cope with extreme magnitudes of stress to my time spent in this position. The concession stand/restaurant which I worked in was packed with some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life and they made the job fun and, ultimately, enjoyable. The management was tremendous, the workplace was hot but as would be expected with stoves and fryers at maximum setting for hours on end.
Pros
free dinner, amazing staff
Cons
Maggie McDonell - Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON22 January 2017
Over worked.
Under paid for the clearance needed to enter the secure location.
Not enough management to run the two buildings they were located in. Split decision making.
Work place culture was present
I had to do two jobs and more each day while they waited for another person to be hired.
The most enjoyable part was that it 5 days a week> Monday through Friday with government holidays off.
Pros
meals included
Cons
no extra help
Excellence over all
Baker. Breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray5 January 2017
12 hour shifts with leading staff , opportunity to DO FROM SCRATCH opportunity to implement superior methods and standardized
I learned to LEAD in a positive way with positive encouragement to GET IT DONE
I learned how to PROVIDE excellence in CHOICE
Management always gave support to lead and provide NEW and innovative ideas
co workers were diverse and talented¸Hardest part of job was when contract was over to leave this incredible place
Most enjoyable part of this company was the ability to move between one camp baking to over seeing all support staff
the confidence they had in me to learn all aspects of camp to one day provide me with qualities to be a BEST MANAGER
Pros
Confidence in staff to SOAR
Cons
loss of contract
flexible hours, great coworkers
COOK/STAND LEAD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
Work would consist with opening duties, inventory, food prep, cooking and customer service
*I have learned how to work with a team in a fast paced environment
*I have learned how to service customers efficiently, and quickly
*hardest part of the job heavy lifting, keeping store spotless.
*Working with great staff was very enjoyable part of the job
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
great recreation room
General Helper/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
its a great place to work if your single or have no kids. But also if you do have kids the hours are flexible. great place to get into shape with there weight room. not only that but they have a great recreation room as well with a pool table and television. You would get a chance to work with a great team of employees. over all a great place to work
Pros
free lunch and shelter
Super Energetic and fast paced.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
Through the time that I worked for Aramark, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience working with the energetic team and the amazing management. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a fulfilling and entertaining work environment.

As long as you can stay on your toes, and keep up, Aramark is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Management was amazing.
Cons
Little room for advancement.
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
If you want to be treated respectfully, with dignity and compassion this is not the place for you. The pay for supervisors is $20/hour with no tip out or commission and managers make only $58,000-$64,000 in their pay band. They do not respect nor care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Pay, treatment, value
My typical day at work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
My day was enjoyable - the multicultural atmosphere - the staff unity - the management organisation.

Work was pleasure - and when you enjoy what you do, it is no longer work - it is fun.

My hardest part of the job was to find replacements for staff that were ill or couldn't make it to work for some reason. Even though everyone was cross-trained, I had problems due to the union seniority issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the client satisfaction and staff acceptance of me.
Pros
Parking - good food - gym facility
Cons
Driving to work in the snow.
A place worth working at
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown Edmonton30 January 2017
My time at Aramark was both satisfying and rewarding. I was able to meet new people and step out of my comfort zone, problem solve any issues that came up during the dayand was able to speak out more instead of holding stuff in and not expressing myself.
Pros
Meeting new people and gaining new skills
Cons
N/A
High commitment to excellence in camp cuisine.
2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Sunday Creek.9 December 2016
The camps I worked worked at with Aramark were exceptionally well organized. The food we put out was the best food you could create for a camp environment. Great variety of food that people working hard in an extreme environment everyday would appreciative. Lots of fresh fruit, and baked goods, and a wide variety of main courses and entrees. I loved the quality of food we put out. It was always top notch.

When you work everyday with a group of guys and girls you develop an appreciation for who they are. You develop bonds and connections and it makes the whole experience enjoyable. I met some of the coolest guys while working with Aramark. Still think of them fondly.
Pros
Great facilities, clean, very competent staff. Great transport to and from the camps.
Cons
I honestly can't think of a single con, other than I wasn't working with the sane team all the way through.
Cashier at Aramark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2016
I learned how to communicate and make transactions throughout the day. The management team is really understanding and cooperative. The co-workers are eager to help with almost anything. As most of the students' are international students whose first language is not English, so there is a chance of arising miscommunication. The enjoyable part of the job is that almost 99% of the customer are university students so you can say I know most of the customers.
Other than work I did not get to know my coworkers very well except for 1 or 2. There were recreation provided like pool tables weight room.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
My last work with Aramark was a camp job and we worked three weeks in one week out. Working 63 hours a week was tough on the body and I did not like my position.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
I really hated the job I was tasked with. I will never do that work again.
Productive and a place where I learnt a lot under my directors supervision
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
A typical day at work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll Management and progressive meetings.

I have learnt to do the payroll and accounts receivable with expertise. Learnt to Manage the entire office culture and relationships.

Management and co-workers go hand-in-hand. I have learnt to manage deadlines and outcomes by polishing my skills to address them to my my co-workers and sub-ordinates.

Hardest part of my job is its in-mobility. I would sit on my computer for 8 straight hours working on different things followed by meetings.

Enjoyable part of the job is to encounter something new everyday and to resolve issues with the Management Team. I always like to ice it up by putting some extra effort to make sure that the issue does not arise again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long seating hours
Standard outsourced restaurant company
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 December 2016
Very large company practicing standard protocols and service. Because it is such a large company, it feels very hollow to work there. Management is cold and its very hard to be feel like you matter in such a big company.
Pros
always pays on time
Cons
boring at times
Fun place to work
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2017
Good management with flexible timing, very good environment to work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help others. I have learned how to improve my leadership skills and to solve problems very easily.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Too much pressure
Productive and an ok work place. Good managment, fun staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
The company has gotten me where I am today . I am thankful for that but now I must move on. Managment is great. The staff is fun and working in many facilities across the hamilton. They have great benefits and pay is all right.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Not a work enviroment for me
Co-works are the only thing keeping us there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 October 2016
*Management is the most unorganized thing about this place
*you never know what you will be doing next
*management needs management
hardest thing about this job, is when you have one bad worker, you are told to go and help that coworker "get their area up to par" instead of them being disciplined. bad worker has been here 4 years and still cant clean without a complaint. (it is time for other means, of help if you ask me)
*nothing is ever written in stone and we never know what we will be working into the next day. we sign for a position and get it taken back the same day
* collective agreement,basic human communication and respect..well those rules are only for the workers and not the management team
Pros
co workers
Cons
your pay wont ever reflect the work you have to do, management will bring the worst out of you, never properly train, in case of emergencies
Fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON29 January 2017
Working at Canadian tire centre was a lot of fun because of the team I had working with me never making it a dull moment and everyone is always making are everyone got what they need it feels good to know you have a team that works together
Pros
Free lunches
fun company to work for
Cashier - Food Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2017
A mark Corporation, known commonly as Ar mark, is an American food service, facilities, and uniform services provider to clients in fields including education, healthcare, business, corrections, and leisure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.