Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Mismanagement in the highest level. But really easy job
Server (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Pros: flexible scheduele
Cons: too many or no hours. not stable
Events if any are either overstaffed or understaffed. Not a stable job. good for acquiring experience. Friendly people and relaxed job
Supply Chain Accounting is specialized
Financial Manager (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 16, 2016
Pros: Ability to work from home when required
Cons: Long Hours
A typical day could be completing tasks as previously planned or assisting co-workers and trouble shooting their issues. I learned the accounting process used in Supply Chain is more specialized. My co-workers were very diversified, I very much enjoyed working with and alongside them. The hardest part of my job was the very long work hour expectations especially during quarter and annual year-end. The most enjoyable was the occasional special events attended.
Great
Resource Manager (Current Employee), Prince George, BCMay 12, 2016
Aramark is a great corporate citizen and treat their employees very well. Overall a very good company to work for. The work is continuously changing and allows for new and unique challenges daily. Aramark allows people to foster their passion for people and immerse themselves in service.
Great team, but needed to work on it
Baker, Breakfast Cook, First Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2016
Pros: Nice camps
Cons: workloads
Very busy and large workloads, had to learn very quickly how to manage your time.
Overall management was good, direct management could have been a little more helpful.
My coworkers were great.
Hardest part of job was the work load.
I really enjoyed the team work.
Very exciting and fun place to work.
Tim Hortons team member at Carleton University (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: Lunch is provided
Very fair in dealing with staffs, no form of impartiality. Everybody respects one another and the management are very effective as well. You do not have to bother about spending money on food as lunch is provided while it will be deducted at a small rate from your pay.
I always enjoy my day serving my customers no matter what? because I have a compassion heart.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Food Court, Carleton UniversityMay 2, 2016
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
Before we start our fun and busy day. The Director, Managers, supervisors and chefs gather us (the workers) for meeting. To remind us about the government Health and Safety Regulations;
how to cope up with stressful situation by a positive attitude especially in dealing with customers.
As far as i am concern, there's no such a difficult job if I love my job and have a positive attitude.
Lot's to do
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
Cons: Not enough hours
Very busy
Learned to make a lot of different kinds of drinks
Good shift.
Enjoyed learning and doing the catering and doing dishes for a very busy cafeteria.
Not enough hours per week.
Friendly Co-Workers.
Good Co Worker
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
-Terrible Management
-No benefit
-Manager refused to look at the huge unreasonable deduction in the pay cheque.
-They always put less people working.
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Long working hours
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
good people
Camp Chef (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
Pros: good people
Cons: pay less
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Productive and very fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Great helpfull staff! Had fun while working there. The hardest part of the job was carrying hot and heavy food containers.
This was a good job experience and training
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
Pros: Sometimes being able to purchase items that had not been sold that day.
Cons: Heavy lifting at times
A typical day at work was basically the same. My co-workers were hard working people and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Pros: GOOD PAY
Cons: LONG HOURS
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Cashier/ Frontline (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: exceptional
Cons: 8 hrs.
As a cashier or frontline team member is very tough.You have to be flexible and have good attitude to your co- workers.These kind of job i learned a lot.Customer service is the best,I enjoy serving customer everyday in my workplace.i have fun doing my work.
bipolar management
excrement cleaner (Former Employee), Joffre, ABApril 12, 2016
Pros: the customers
Cons: the elementary school atmosphere before anti bulleying laws
Absolute abuse and personal attacks over created safety issues that make one feel personally threatened and psychologically very unsafe. Does this make sense anyone...bullies are able to harass other staff and management looks the other way since they employ the same tactics. It's an old boys school. New staff are ostracized belittled and fired when they protest the duress or pushed to quit.
unorganized
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unorganized
Working for Aramark Canada at the princess location was easily the most unorganized and confusing job I have yet to have, from going an entire 8 hours without a break, to the lack of communication between managers. The hardest part was watching the mad show that unrolled whenever someone would call in sick, the only part I enjoyed were the co-workers I met while working there.
The management however, its why I left.
unorganized !!!
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Vouchers for events and food
Cons: Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: lunch provided at small cost
Cons: breaks allowed
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Headquarters