Aramark Employee Reviews

Good place to work, everyone is treated equally
Executive Assistant to Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I worked at the head office and being an Admin person I was the first point of contact. My day use to start with managers requesting for Special Pay notice because some of our employees did not get paid. I believe that all employees are entitled for their salary. Sometime I also receive request for booking flight, hotel reservation or there could be some grievances. I would always have request from Tim Hortons or Pizza Pizza or Subway requesting their documents. In addition to regular office work.

I learned to prioritize your work

Aramark is a big company, we have different line of business and we all worked as a team.

The hardest part of the job is during month end, when you have to reconcile all accounts, and have to work a couple of evenings till 8 or 8.30 pm to make sure everything is correct.

Enjoyable part - We use to get free lunches
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours during month end
very busy work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 January 2017
lots of drama with co workers
learned about the cooking industry
very undermanaged
very stressful, with no incentives
high turnover rate
asked to act like a supervisor without the raise
Productive and an ok work place. Good managment, fun staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
The company has gotten me where I am today . I am thankful for that but now I must move on. Managment is great. The staff is fun and working in many facilities across the hamilton. They have great benefits and pay is all right.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Not a work enviroment for me
Fun, stressful place to work
Concession cook/runner/cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON9 February 2017
My job with Aramark meant that I was a cook and cashier at the Canadian Tire Centre, where I would be responsible for cooking food for over 100 customers in the span of a 20 minute intermission. The job was highly stressful and I may very much credit my abilities to cope with extreme magnitudes of stress to my time spent in this position. The concession stand/restaurant which I worked in was packed with some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life and they made the job fun and, ultimately, enjoyable. The management was tremendous, the workplace was hot but as would be expected with stoves and fryers at maximum setting for hours on end.
Pros
free dinner, amazing staff
Cons
Fun and enjoyable experience working in a hospital setting of a workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2016
I truly enjoyed working with Aramark specially at St. Paul's Hospital. Working with people of diverse background, meeting people, patients, staff of the hospitals, nurses, doctors and co-workers 5 days a week was an unforgettable experience.
Pros
Benefits are good and working with different people at the workplace was enjoyable
Cons
Working with people of different language sometimes the source of misunderstanding at the workplace
Not a good Place to Advance the career
Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
Unfortunately Not a good Place to Advance the career, promotions or raises , no bonuses or recognition, very fishy with payroll, no benefits to speak of...
fun and busy place
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
working at aramark at rogers is kinda new and much busier than kfc but i get the job easier because its the same job i got in kfc like customers service, i learned much better communication skill because they dont have any worker in my same country, the hardest part of the job is when they giving a give aways because its more people than the normal day but its fun because you can get some tip from the customer
Pros
paid break time
Cons
high salary
I always enjoy my day serving my customers no matter what? because I have a compassion heart.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Food Court, Carleton University2 May 2016
Before we start our fun and busy day. The Director, Managers, supervisors and chefs gather us (the workers) for meeting. To remind us about the government Health and Safety Regulations;
how to cope up with stressful situation by a positive attitude especially in dealing with customers.
As far as i am concern, there's no such a difficult job if I love my job and have a positive attitude.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Productive and a place where I learnt a lot under my directors supervision
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
A typical day at work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll Management and progressive meetings.

I have learnt to do the payroll and accounts receivable with expertise. Learnt to Manage the entire office culture and relationships.

Management and co-workers go hand-in-hand. I have learnt to manage deadlines and outcomes by polishing my skills to address them to my my co-workers and sub-ordinates.

Hardest part of my job is its in-mobility. I would sit on my computer for 8 straight hours working on different things followed by meetings.

Enjoyable part of the job is to encounter something new everyday and to resolve issues with the Management Team. I always like to ice it up by putting some extra effort to make sure that the issue does not arise again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long seating hours
Productive, team work, great experience.
Account Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 June 2016
Productive, team work, great experience.
poor employee benefits, poor life-work balance.

Free lunches once a month
long hours in month end difficult to take 2 week vacation in one time.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
long hours in month end
Excellence over all
Baker. Breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray5 January 2017
12 hour shifts with leading staff , opportunity to DO FROM SCRATCH opportunity to implement superior methods and standardized
I learned to LEAD in a positive way with positive encouragement to GET IT DONE
I learned how to PROVIDE excellence in CHOICE
Management always gave support to lead and provide NEW and innovative ideas
co workers were diverse and talented¸Hardest part of job was when contract was over to leave this incredible place
Most enjoyable part of this company was the ability to move between one camp baking to over seeing all support staff
the confidence they had in me to learn all aspects of camp to one day provide me with qualities to be a BEST MANAGER
Pros
Confidence in staff to SOAR
Cons
loss of contract
Super Energetic and fast paced.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
Through the time that I worked for Aramark, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience working with the energetic team and the amazing management. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a fulfilling and entertaining work environment.

As long as you can stay on your toes, and keep up, Aramark is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Management was amazing.
Cons
Little room for advancement.
Maggie McDonell - Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON22 January 2017
Over worked.
Under paid for the clearance needed to enter the secure location.
Not enough management to run the two buildings they were located in. Split decision making.
Work place culture was present
I had to do two jobs and more each day while they waited for another person to be hired.
The most enjoyable part was that it 5 days a week> Monday through Friday with government holidays off.
Pros
meals included
Cons
no extra help
Co-works are the only thing keeping us there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 October 2016
*Management is the most unorganized thing about this place
*you never know what you will be doing next
*management needs management
hardest thing about this job, is when you have one bad worker, you are told to go and help that coworker "get their area up to par" instead of them being disciplined. bad worker has been here 4 years and still cant clean without a complaint. (it is time for other means, of help if you ask me)
*nothing is ever written in stone and we never know what we will be working into the next day. we sign for a position and get it taken back the same day
* collective agreement,basic human communication and respect..well those rules are only for the workers and not the management team
Pros
co workers
Cons
your pay wont ever reflect the work you have to do, management will bring the worst out of you, never properly train, in case of emergencies
My typical day at work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
My day was enjoyable - the multicultural atmosphere - the staff unity - the management organisation.

Work was pleasure - and when you enjoy what you do, it is no longer work - it is fun.

My hardest part of the job was to find replacements for staff that were ill or couldn't make it to work for some reason. Even though everyone was cross-trained, I had problems due to the union seniority issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the client satisfaction and staff acceptance of me.
Pros
Parking - good food - gym facility
Cons
Driving to work in the snow.
A fun work place, with great people. A great atmosphere.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 October 2016
Over all Aramark is a great franchise to work for. I learnt that in the past, events like the Olympics, they were the Hosts, providing all the meals for the athletes and for their families and their management.
Pros
Free beverages
great job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
the management there are hard working and very helpful. I learned a lot about managing people. hard part about job is dealing with csr.
Pros
good people
Cons
High commitment to excellence in camp cuisine.
2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Sunday Creek.9 December 2016
The camps I worked worked at with Aramark were exceptionally well organized. The food we put out was the best food you could create for a camp environment. Great variety of food that people working hard in an extreme environment everyday would appreciative. Lots of fresh fruit, and baked goods, and a wide variety of main courses and entrees. I loved the quality of food we put out. It was always top notch.

When you work everyday with a group of guys and girls you develop an appreciation for who they are. You develop bonds and connections and it makes the whole experience enjoyable. I met some of the coolest guys while working with Aramark. Still think of them fondly.
Pros
Great facilities, clean, very competent staff. Great transport to and from the camps.
Cons
I honestly can't think of a single con, other than I wasn't working with the sane team all the way through.
Cashier at Aramark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2016
I learned how to communicate and make transactions throughout the day. The management team is really understanding and cooperative. The co-workers are eager to help with almost anything. As most of the students' are international students whose first language is not English, so there is a chance of arising miscommunication. The enjoyable part of the job is that almost 99% of the customer are university students so you can say I know most of the customers.
Standard outsourced restaurant company
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 December 2016
Very large company practicing standard protocols and service. Because it is such a large company, it feels very hollow to work there. Management is cold and its very hard to be feel like you matter in such a big company.
Pros
always pays on time
Cons
boring at times