Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Aramark
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Great Place to work with Great People with Great Work Life balance! The salary is low for starting position however this is offset by the great work environment!
Pros
flextime, skills gained
Cons
salary
A pretty average place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OnOctober 14, 2015
The easy days are the days i enjoy working there. Other days i do not enjoy. I work the pizza station, making 15-25 pizzas a day and serving them to customers. I enjoy the customers and sometimes have regulars.

I do not fit in well with my co-workers, Simply because i am a 20 year old starting off in life, and the average workers are 40 year old mothers and grandmothers. However most are kind to me and i get along well with some of them.
Pros
Free Lunches and some fun co-workers.
Cons
No benefits.
Unsupportive management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I've been here for 3 months, have 20+ years of experience in the industry and have rarely seen such disorganization and favouritism in a workplace. Zero job security even for employees with 4+ years of tenure. I will be looking for better employ this month. Wrongly assumed working for a University would be a positive environment with room to grow. Aramark is too distant and large to properly manage this location, they should stick to uniform supply.
Pros
Pay rate, thanks to my experience
Cons
Higher management is lacking oxygen to brains
It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
An enjoyable company to work for.
Support Services Supervisor for Bethany Group (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABAugust 7, 2015
Good Communication 80% of the time
Good work hours
Management good
There are no co-workers on site except your mger and yourself .
Great Bethany Co-workers
Hardest part of the job was never ending progressive discipline
for long time employees with poor work ethics and no consequences.
One always has to keep in mind that you are a contract company and your concern for the longevity of that contract.
All in all, it was a great location, and lots of wonderful people.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Poor Salary
Great working environment!
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 27, 2015
This is one of my favourite jobs I've ever had. The management is made up of great people from what I could tell who actually cared about you. I worked in the kitchen and Chef Mathew was fantastic. He worked harder then anybody there. The rest of the staff was a little random, some were good some were awful. My only real complain with that was the awful people had to be consistently awful to be fired.
Its an open line restaurant and our customers are all university students. You interact with them while you cook, and almost every day was fun and exciting.
Pros
Good pay, job security and working conditions
Cons
Long hours, no work in summer
Fun and enjoyable experience working in a hospital setting of a workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 15, 2016
I truly enjoyed working with Aramark specially at St. Paul's Hospital. Working with people of diverse background, meeting people, patients, staff of the hospitals, nurses, doctors and co-workers 5 days a week was an unforgettable experience.
Pros
Benefits are good and working with different people at the workplace was enjoyable
Cons
Working with people of different language sometimes the source of misunderstanding at the workplace
Supply Chain Accounting is specialized
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 16, 2016
A typical day could be completing tasks as previously planned or assisting co-workers and trouble shooting their issues. I learned the accounting process used in Supply Chain is more specialized. My co-workers were very diversified, I very much enjoyed working with and alongside them. The hardest part of my job was the very long work hour expectations especially during quarter and annual year-end. The most enjoyable was the occasional special events attended.
Pros
Ability to work from home when required
Cons
Long Hours
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Long Hours
Worker (Former Employee) –  BCFebruary 13, 2016
This company requires employee to work long hours. Not a lot of support and communication from upper management. Fun to work events but hours and days can be long.
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONJanuary 11, 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONDecember 8, 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 6, 2016
There was always something to do, and I learned proper food handling technique. Management was always accessible, and was very flexible. All of my co-workers were very pleasant people to work with, and they all brought a pleasant aspect to the workplace. The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in the short amount of time given. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the fantastic people.
Pros
free food while working
No long term growth in sight
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
No long term growth in sight. Newer employees were being paid a higher wage from the start. Poor management and high turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
Pros
Vouchers for events and food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
fun and busy place
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
working at aramark at rogers is kinda new and much busier than kfc but i get the job easier because its the same job i got in kfc like customers service, i learned much better communication skill because they dont have any worker in my same country, the hardest part of the job is when they giving a give aways because its more people than the normal day but its fun because you can get some tip from the customer
Pros
paid break time
Cons
high salary
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
I always enjoy my day serving my customers no matter what? because I have a compassion heart.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Food Court, Carleton UniversityMay 2, 2016
Before we start our fun and busy day. The Director, Managers, supervisors and chefs gather us (the workers) for meeting. To remind us about the government Health and Safety Regulations;
how to cope up with stressful situation by a positive attitude especially in dealing with customers.
As far as i am concern, there's no such a difficult job if I love my job and have a positive attitude.
Pros
great benefits
bipolar management
excrement cleaner (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABApril 12, 2016
Absolute abuse and personal attacks over created safety issues that make one feel personally threatened and psychologically very unsafe. Does this make sense anyone...bullies are able to harass other staff and management looks the other way since they employ the same tactics. It's an old boys school. New staff are ostracized belittled and fired when they protest the duress or pushed to quit.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the elementary school atmosphere before anti bulleying laws