Aramark
2,783 reviews

Aramark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its great for younger people just learning .It teaches right ing the food world.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2014
ITS A VERY SAFE PLACE TO WORK,THEY CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THERE STAFF ITS CLEAN AND THE STAFF ARE FUN YOU CAN LEARN A LOT FUN THE STAFF THERE.
Interesting Place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Inuvik, NTAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: repeticious
cleaned patients rooms, hallways , terminally cleaning a room , easy to talk to , working in the senior ward listening to them , how to clean and terminally clean a room and do laundry
learning experience
Programs used are Payroll Manager and Prism (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 21, 2014
did a variety of jobs so was able to learn alot of different things
Fun and Exciting
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free food, mostly work evenings therefore free days
Cons: late nights
I really enjoy working here, It is always fun. Although the work is the same from day to day, I'm always meeting new people who make the day more exciting. Management is great and have always worked well with my schedule. My co-workers are great and very easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is washing the dishes as there are so many and – more... it needs to be done so quickly. – less
Good people, Poorly run.
Cashier at Dan's Diner (Former Employee), 995 ontarioAugust 15, 2014
They like to change schedules, after 2 am, before 8 am, and expect you to know at all times, what the schedule says.
all in all, dont work there.
If you don't like interacting with peers perfect environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: ability to work independently
Cons: no advancement, poor management, childish environment, work to rule attitude, no employee appreciation
I would enter cheques in the morning, and then for the majority of the day I would follow up with accounts that are behind. Later on in the day I would run the tape for tomorrows deposit, help out when asked. I would do other tasks as assigned, such as uploading invoices via client portals to ensure timely payment.
sincerly heart to facing working life
Team Leader/Night Time Supervisor (Former Employee), ottawaAugust 10, 2014
I have over 3 years managing a business with my current job with Aramark Canada. With my current position of Team Leader at Carleton University, I am responsible for the proper management of a Tim Horton’s location. With this experience, I was the night time manager, being in charge of the business while the day time manager was away. I completed inventory – more... counts, created scheduling to meet specific productivity requirements, analyzed sales numbers, created projected sales for upcoming fiscal periods and ensured efficient floor management of all my staff.
The most hardest and also enjoyable thing during the work is communicated with people. no matter the clients for business or the employee in the stores. The most enjoyable is the co-worker and clients is not only in the working side but also being a friends in the lifes. And aslo the hardest side is the how to make everyone to understanding each other and try to stand on the other people's position to thinking about it. – less
Work was straight forward and productive.
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: easy and productive
Cons: nothing
Steady or busy at work.
Everything was organize and straight forward.
Workers are nice a polite.
Nothing was hard at all.
The work is productive and consistent.
Productive workplace
Administrative Cashier - Team Lead (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 30, 2014
Fast paced but with a nice work environment. Friendly staff and helpful management.
Great opportunity for students
Waitress and cashier (Current Employee), University of AlbertaJuly 16, 2014
It is a part time job where I am having the opportunity to study English and work at the same time with people from different countries. I have learned about the Canadian culture and the excellence to provide a customer service all the time.
fast-paced, management staff very goal-oriented
Team Lead (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Not a bad company to work for,Management staff were nice and approachable . They also listen to any ideas that employees might have to further the production of the company.
Very enjoyable workplace
Assistant to Food Services Director (Former Employee), North BayJuly 15, 2014
Love the working environment and enjoy going to work every day.
The company don't want to pay proper wage/salary.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary,ABJuly 14, 2014
The policy of "Aramark" is saving money. The company hire non-professional employees from different countries and train them at the working places.Wages of workers are very low. Medical insurance is horrible ("Manulife"). In my case,insurance covered 25% of dental service only. This is a good company for immigrants,who need Canadian experience.
big company with many good people
Vendeur et service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: opportunities to work your way up
Cons: toronto head office has to much control on some of the smaller branches
Worked there for 13 years and had a great time. They want the end results to be attained with good workers and supervisors. Good benefits and wages.
Aramark
Barista (Former Employee), KamloopsJune 23, 2014
Food service company in a educational establishment. Owns a number of licensed stores like Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Seattle's Best, etc. Provide catering, set up and other services.
Excellent Company to work for
Area Manager (Former Employee), Manitoba, Saskatchewan and AlbertaJune 23, 2014
Pros: each day was different
Cons: extended travel and time away from home
While involved with ARAMARK I was involved with selling, opening, marketing, construction, staffing, menu planning, finances, transition plus all other items associated with a large Food Service contract.

My day to day duties were very varied and it ranged from dealing with very senior Clients to assisting the newest employee. Every day brought its – more... own challenges and rewards and I was certainly a hands on manager operationally while controlling the finances from a back of the house prospective.

I am a very dedicated, loyal, reliable, trustworthy manager who strives to do the best each and every day for all guest's, Client's and company alike. – less
Fun fast paced workplace
Counter Help (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2014
Preparing and cutting products for salad bar. Setting up salad bar and replenishing products during peak times. Assisting in other food stations as needed. We were taught to use a new food waste program. I worked well with our management team by assisting them in covering for absent employees as well as covering for coworkers while on breaks. Keeping – more... up with the fast pace of our location was difficult at times but it was also fun to get to work in various sections and interacting with our clients. – less
Fast Paced
Manager (Former Employee), Sackville, New BrunswickJune 15, 2014
fast paced environment with many jobs on the go at once. good place to get many hours
Fun, great attitudes
Bartender (Current Employee), Rogers CentreJune 13, 2014
-Easy going atmosphere
-Reasonable requests from managers
-Customers tip well
-Inventory can be easily miscounted because of the volumes of product
Supportive Management and staff
Lead Hand/Retail Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2014
Pros: multi-cultural, flexible hours
Cons: staff turnover is fast. need to trian different staff every semester.
Management and staff are very supportive. Whatever endeavors you take in the future they support you and still give you a chance to perform your tasks. Family first! Management does not hesitate to make you leave your post if family emergency arises and will find a way to fill up your post when needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aramark

Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind – Read more