Aramark Employee Reviews

Good
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 January 2017
The management are spectacular. I had nice co-workers. The hardest part was staying focused. The easiest part was having fun. I would work 930-12.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Very exhausting
very busy work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 January 2017
lots of drama with co workers
learned about the cooking industry
very undermanaged
very stressful, with no incentives
high turnover rate
asked to act like a supervisor without the raise
review
Cook/customer service (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 January 2017
not the best environment. staff were not cooperative, management was not in place, supervisors played the favourites game
great recreation room
General Helper/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
its a great place to work if your single or have no kids. But also if you do have kids the hours are flexible. great place to get into shape with there weight room. not only that but they have a great recreation room as well with a pool table and television. You would get a chance to work with a great team of employees. over all a great place to work
Pros
free lunch and shelter
Excellence over all
Baker. Breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray5 January 2017
12 hour shifts with leading staff , opportunity to DO FROM SCRATCH opportunity to implement superior methods and standardized
I learned to LEAD in a positive way with positive encouragement to GET IT DONE
I learned how to PROVIDE excellence in CHOICE
Management always gave support to lead and provide NEW and innovative ideas
co workers were diverse and talented¸Hardest part of job was when contract was over to leave this incredible place
Most enjoyable part of this company was the ability to move between one camp baking to over seeing all support staff
the confidence they had in me to learn all aspects of camp to one day provide me with qualities to be a BEST MANAGER
Pros
Confidence in staff to SOAR
Cons
loss of contract
Standard outsourced restaurant company
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 December 2016
Very large company practicing standard protocols and service. Because it is such a large company, it feels very hollow to work there. Management is cold and its very hard to be feel like you matter in such a big company.
Pros
always pays on time
Cons
boring at times
great job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
the management there are hard working and very helpful. I learned a lot about managing people. hard part about job is dealing with csr.
Pros
good people
Overall good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2016
learned working with flexible team.
customer service experience gained.
meeting new people everyday enjoyable part of the job.
working as a team and accomplishing required goals.
good food
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB19 December 2016
nice place to work, great gym great food and the house keepi8ng staff were very friendly and outgoing and always there to help with all your needs. nice place
Super Energetic and fast paced.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
Through the time that I worked for Aramark, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience working with the energetic team and the amazing management. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a fulfilling and entertaining work environment.

As long as you can stay on your toes, and keep up, Aramark is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Management was amazing.
Cons
Little room for advancement.
Excellent Company
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2016
Great working environment and treats everyone equal. They have a great work/life balance. Many opportunity if willing to relocated.
Fun summer job
Concessions Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2016
Fun place to work in the summer.
Friendly co-workers.
All staff members are approachable.
Would recommend if you want a summer job
professional organization
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON12 December 2016
professional organization, opportunities for people who are ready to accept challenge and grow with the organization
High commitment to excellence in camp cuisine.
2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Sunday Creek.9 December 2016
The camps I worked worked at with Aramark were exceptionally well organized. The food we put out was the best food you could create for a camp environment. Great variety of food that people working hard in an extreme environment everyday would appreciative. Lots of fresh fruit, and baked goods, and a wide variety of main courses and entrees. I loved the quality of food we put out. It was always top notch.

When you work everyday with a group of guys and girls you develop an appreciation for who they are. You develop bonds and connections and it makes the whole experience enjoyable. I met some of the coolest guys while working with Aramark. Still think of them fondly.
Pros
Great facilities, clean, very competent staff. Great transport to and from the camps.
Cons
I honestly can't think of a single con, other than I wasn't working with the sane team all the way through.
Clean work
Project Worker (cleaner) (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat AB7 December 2016
Working as a janitor for Aramark in the Vallyview retirement home was really good work. I was able to do most things relatively quickly as a lot of what was required was easy to do. Other staff were friendly, and I was likewise with them.
Suffield army base cafe
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB2 December 2016
Long days, hard on our feet, very demanding job at times but also rewarding to.
Working for Penny and Van at Aramark in Suffield was a pleasure. They are both amazing bosses, and would for for them again any day.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Not enough employees
Easy
Cook (Seasonal/ Canadian Tire Centre) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON17 November 2016
They hire anyone, so when they are searching for workers, it is very easy to get into it. Most managers don't actually care about their workers.
Productive and an ok work place. Good managment, fun staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
The company has gotten me where I am today . I am thankful for that but now I must move on. Managment is great. The staff is fun and working in many facilities across the hamilton. They have great benefits and pay is all right.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Not a work enviroment for me
Productive and a place where I learnt a lot under my directors supervision
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
A typical day at work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll Management and progressive meetings.

I have learnt to do the payroll and accounts receivable with expertise. Learnt to Manage the entire office culture and relationships.

Management and co-workers go hand-in-hand. I have learnt to manage deadlines and outcomes by polishing my skills to address them to my my co-workers and sub-ordinates.

Hardest part of my job is its in-mobility. I would sit on my computer for 8 straight hours working on different things followed by meetings.

Enjoyable part of the job is to encounter something new everyday and to resolve issues with the Management Team. I always like to ice it up by putting some extra effort to make sure that the issue does not arise again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long seating hours
Other than work I did not get to know my coworkers very well except for 1 or 2. There were recreation provided like pool tables weight room.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
My last work with Aramark was a camp job and we worked three weeks in one week out. Working 63 hours a week was tough on the body and I did not like my position.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
I really hated the job I was tasked with. I will never do that work again.