Aramark Employee Reviews

A steady paced workplace with a friendly workforce!
Porter (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON22 April 2017
I have learned many skills working through Aramark Canada. The management as well as fellow employees are a friendly, hard working group of individuals.
Everyday I go into work feeling comfortable and secure in my position, and as if I am wanted and needed where I am. This company is an example of how exceptional customer service and a strong, happy workforce are one in the same and cannot exist without one another.
Management is effective in handling mishaps between customers and employees, and rarely (if ever) leave a customer or employee dissatisfied.
I have enjoyed my time working with Aramark Canada and my experiences with them will carry me throughout my professional career and lifetime.
Pros
Unionized, Periodic Wage Bumps, Employee Appreciation
Cons
Summers off, Inconsistent daily workflow, Seniority availablility
Great work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 April 2017
A very good entry level experience in customer service. The managerial staff was very helpful in teaching fundamental customer service skills (patience, tactfulness, attentiveness, empathy). The work place was easy to adjust to, and provided plenty opportunities to experience constructive pressure (time constraints, work reviews).
Pros
Flexible hours, Well run business
Cons
No opportunity for managerial experience
Productive and Fun
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
typical day at work is busy all the time since we are located in the University of Alberta. It enhances my communication skills. In relation to management they are very accommodating. Also safety first and hygiene is the main goal since we offer food services.
Pros
Free meals
its basically a great place to work where the staff makes you feel encouraged
Dishwasher/ linecook (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON19 April 2017
It's a nice place to work and the staff are very friendly.
And for me working in an environment where the co workers are always polite is important to me
The working hours are wonderful and you get to work with people from so many different culture
The quality of the service and product is by far outstanding.
Pros
Affordable Meal plans
Cons
It can get very busy at times but that's more of a pro because it's good for business
poor management
Short order cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 April 2017
the airport location is poorly run. the manager would schedule me for 10 then ask why i wasnt at work for 9. the kitchen is poorly kept and cleaning is done once in a blue moon. almost all dishes would pile up untill the closing staff would have to do them at the end of the night. All in all i would never recommend anyone to work there.
Cons
working longer than scheduled
Personally, an overall good experience
Ultility (Current Employee) –  Carleton University, ON19 April 2017
Personally, I found that working for Aramark (at least at the location I worked at) has been a good experience as a student worker. My managers have been good on ensuring that my hours fit with my classes. The people who work here are nice and are hard working, so they are dependable and certainly give the workplace a lively atmosphere. Overall, there was not a lot of cons and even if there was, the amount of pros would make them seem insignificant.
Pros
good management
Cons
somewhat rigid work hours
Best employer
Assistant warehouse manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
Best employer if you want a job you enjoy, management really cares about their employees they always try to do their best when it comes down to enjoying your job.
Aramark as a Student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 April 2017
Working for Aramark as a student is amazing, because the company knows that a student's first priority is school. They will make adjustments to your schedule based on your availability, they are forgiving if something happens (such as illness or an emergency), and they're extremely welcoming.

A day in the life of an employee at Aramark means that I am always welcome. My coworkers, including members of management, are kind, approachable, and respectful. We have a strong team dynamic, and there is not a day that we aren't smiling.

There are always opportunities to get extra shifts and hours, especially if someone calls in sick. You are also able to be cross-trained for the multiple job positions available on campus. There is also some opportunity, depending on how busy the summer will be, to have shifts over the summer.

Aramark also allows for the Work to Learn Program offered at Lakehead University, which makes it an even better opportunity for students.
Fun place for hockey and music lovers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
I clock in, and go to my concession stand. There, I put the float in the till. Then I take orders and take the money for the order. While I pour the drinks, the Runner fetches the food. At the end of the night, I count the float and we all help to clean the concession stand.The hardest part to the job is the cleaning; the most enjoyable part is serving the customers.
Pros
$5.00 meals
Cons
when hockey season is over, not enough shifts.
fast paced and fun
Kitchen Assistant/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS10 April 2017
Very busy days, worked with cadets and had opportunity meet them from different areas of Canada Staff and management was fun and very good to work for.
Pros
inexpensive meals
Cons
long hours back to back
Large work environment
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
Was a stand attendant who worked on different floors working a seasonal job. I went into a different shop everyday and worked alongside other employees, greeting, making, and selling food working with machines, and anything required to do like clean up or lifted and moved objects and merchandise.
Pros
Employees worked together as a team and were all friendly
Cons
Long hours and almost never a break with all of the customers
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 April 2017
This is a great company a big player on the international stage...
Lots of opportunity for advancement and relocation.
I would recommend them for anyone looking for a solid employer
Pros
ongong training
Love being on the road
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2017
I learned:
- to prioritize my calls
- dealing with difficult customers

Hardest part of the job:
- overnight routes, being away from family

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- driving
- dealing with customers
Pros
Driving, Customers
Cons
Away from family on overnight route days
Great Facility
Supervisor Suites Level Rogers Place Arena (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
run all operations for game day events for suite level. 700 Guests 57 suites, 60 staff, Responsible for training of new hires.opened Rogers Place September 2016
A Great Learning Curve in my Career
Conference & Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2017
Worked with Aramark for almost 5 years
Planning major conferences
Meeting and planning with Internal and External clientele; day to day catering operations ranging from from buffet spread, receptions to plated dinners..
Worked with the best of the industry professionals
Gained knowledge on Financials and budget planning
Extensive long hours, stress and pressure can sometimes make this job challenging
Managing big and major events is the most enjoyable part of the job
Friendly and nice to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL17 March 2017
Aramark is one of the company that giving me a chance to explore my knowledge in culinary skill. And giving me the satisfaction in my daily working hours.
Pros
free meal
Cons
10 hours work
Typical Fortune 500 company
Camp Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
Nothing really stands out working here. Its not bad, its just not great either. I enjoy my employment here, but do wish they did more to engage the management team and the hourly employees
Day at work
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2017
My first job ever, and it helped me tremendously. It gave me confidence, that first step in the world. Gave me a sense of security and I loved working on campus, meeting with diverse students. Makes your day go by fast.
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
If you want to be treated respectfully, with dignity and compassion this is not the place for you. The pay for supervisors is $20/hour with no tip out or commission and managers make only $58,000-$64,000 in their pay band. They do not respect nor care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Pay, treatment, value
Great casual workplace
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Great work environment. On call style shift. When it's busy it's busy but when it's not there's a bit of downtime. Good sense of community: almost more like a family than a set of coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.