Aramark

Aramark Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
there was always work
Facilities Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 28, 2015
There always work , meeting new people is always a good thing . Good people I was working with , was flexible with my school schedule . All the ladies I worked with are great people.
meeting people
Assistant Manager - Food Handler (Current Employee), Alliston, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: not enough hours and the pay is not worth it
the job is not bad but the hours and the pay are not great....I only work three and half hours a day....sometimes its not worth it me getting out of bed for it...working at a school cafeteria I only work when the school is open...can't afford not to work..need more hours and better pay.
Daily Routine
Food Service Director (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 24, 2015
check you sales and cordite with chef.
Pre shift meeting with front line staff regarding events and H&S.
visit 4 locations and check sales.
Meet with client and update Regional Manager.
check deposits have been droped off at the Bank.
Manage floor during meal period.
listen to concerns of the staff and Try and Resolve.
Check on Preventive Maintenance.

Employee Safety on the job is a priority.
MAILROOM/OFFICE SERVICES (Current Employee), Grimsby, ONJanuary 21, 2015
This is an 'American' company and a service sub-contractor providing a variety of services including Food/Beverage from machines to cafeteria's, Cleaning and Office Services.
They do offer basic benefits for employees who are contracted to work at least 20 hours per week.
Good learning experience
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
I had the opportunity to work in 2 roles at Aramark...new business development and supporting the top 250 clients with growth, retention and customer service. I learned a lot from both of these roles and have extensive knowledge of this industry and service industries in general. Would like to see more opportunity for growth however have not seen areas where I can advance at this time.
Arranging and orgernizing
Customer Service /Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: employee discount: lunch
Cons: coffee & lunch break: 40 minutes
. I am punctual,honest, fast learner, accurate, organized an effective team worker who can develop good working relationships with colleagues
Reviewing Aramark Job
Booster Juice/Catering Staff (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 6, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: bad pay
Great job with wonderful co-workers,i enjoyed myself there and had some many great experience,but the pay was really bad and the management was awful because they didn't treat worker well and co-workers ended up quitting the job.
en i started but poor management
Head Chef (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 1, 2014
I learned a lot about working as a team and that co-workers become a close friends almost family
this is not enjoyable job
CHEF DE PARTIE, Calgary (Former Employee), calgaryNovember 12, 2014
when they hired me ,i didn't know that seasonal job,later on i came to know.soon i couldn't able to quit ,because my work history in this company very less,this will not support me when i go some new company interview,i don't have any valid explanation .for long term there no future,another thing all are frozen food.nothing to cook.main job was re heating frozen food
No benefits, minimum wage, limited mobility through union structure
Barista (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 6, 2014
Pros: some coworkers enjoyable
Cons: restricted mobility, no benefits
I've worked for a corporate Starbucks so I was under the impression that moving to a licensed store would be a seamless transition and that I would have respect from other employees and management due to my background. I received little respect, however, from other employees, and efforts to correct improper procedures were rebuffed nearly every day. Health code violations due to understaffing and employee apathy. Union structure severely limits mobility, and merit plays no role in promotions. Bare minimum wage and literally no benefits (not even the free drinks that any other Starbucks allows employees to have).
Fast paced work place with friendly coworkers
Manager/Admin. Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary,ABOctober 20, 2014
- Busy work place and fast paced
- Team work , leadership and communication
- Excellent managers
- Friendly and very Diverse ,always an opportunity learning other culture
- Lots of Stress and working under pressure of time limit
- Coworkers, work culture and teamwork
nice place to work with great accomidations
Camp attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good food selections
Cons: long bus ride but well the time
great bosses,experience is an asset,long hours but not hard labor
great staff morale
General Helper (Former Employee), Long Lake, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: morale was good
Cons: hours a little tough
my job would consist of a meeting in the morning, I would receive a to do list.
I would proceed with my list, if I was needed in the kitchen or anywhere else, I would go there.
my co workers were very helpful and my boss was also a hands on person, which was great for my learning curve.
at the end of the food rush ,I would clean up and help out washing dishes as needed, this was to continue every morning, too bad the place closed down, if a reference is needed I can provide one, thank you
job
Cafeteria Helper (Current Employee), allistonOctober 14, 2014
very hard worker fast and have the drive and willingness to learn
working for a brand name hotel
Food Service Catering Manager (Former Employee), toronto, OnOctober 13, 2014
Pros: getting the expeience to work for a brans name hotel
Cons: long hours
Ensured that corporate and Marriott hotel standards and policies are explained to
employees and implemented adequately/satisfactorily.
 Conducting regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the
departmental SOP's
 Ensured timely set up of all Banquets' venues according to the service settings and
as outlined in the Banquet Event Orders
 Coordinated all menu proposals, presentations and buffet set-up with the
Executive Chef.
 Prepared duty schedules, ensuring efficient workforce are deployed at all times
Ok
service (Former Employee), Truro, NSOctober 12, 2014
Didn't like the fact that there was no job advancement is such a huge company.
Service of food
not the best place too work
Cleaner (Former Employee), HamiltonOctober 9, 2014
went from room too room cleaning all area of the room for patients also cleaned hall ways and the doctors rooms
Hard work that pays off with guest interactions
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee), North Bay, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: stressful work environment
Great guest relation and interaction as they order with you and you make their meal right in front of them.
Most of the day is spent playing catch up and getting prepped and ready for the next day.
I learned a lot about health and safety since there was always a monthly lesson.
Safe and Friendly Environment at Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: long hours of work
As a housekeeper at Aramark I've learned so many things. I've learned to handle patients in a kindly manner. I also watched health assistants with their patients and with I've learned how they deal with their patients. I've also learned that even though you are in the hospital with different supplies of medication it is still easy to catch viruses and diseases. I've learned to protect my self from those viruses and diseases.

I feel like my managers and supervisors have helped a lot with work especially that this place has a safe and friendly environment workplace. In terms of co-workers we help each other and we communicate if there are still job that is still needed to be done. If there is any case of misunderstanding or conflict with co-workers I always honestly explain what happen and make sure that when handling conflicts that I am always calm and tone your voice.

The hardest part of the job is carry heavy weight but I manage to handle it with good strategy and I make sure that when carrying heavy load that my position is always safe. I enjoy learning new things in my job and that everyday I enhance myself with safety and making sure that the area is clean as it should be.
Fun workplace with Diverse Culture
Administrative Assistant/Service Manager (Current Employee), Calgary,ABSeptember 27, 2014
Fast paced, high attention on details and the management does their best within the limits. Co-workers are great, many different nationals and they all have lots to share from their culture. The hardest part of this job is - pay sometimes varies with the business. Enjoyable part of this job is you get to try out kinds of food.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more