Aramark Employee Reviews

a job you want to return to
MAIN COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2017
Over my working career I have gone back to work for Aramark three different times. All three times have been great experiences. A fun place to work.
Very Productive in providing Food Services at MUN
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 October 2017
A great place to work, in providing Food Services at MUN. Learned many aspects of institutional Food Services. Excellent Leadership. Most enjoyable part is meeting and interacting with students at MUN, who will become our future leaders.
Pros
Summers Off
Cons
No Issues
Opportunity to meet students from various courses
Team Member (On-Campus) (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 October 2017
Good place to work on campus. Opportunity to meet students from various courses. Helps in networking. Working with people from various countries helps to know each other better
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too busy location
productive and fun workplace
Porter (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 October 2017
Was a good work experience, got to cook and work with food. The faculty was also great as well. It did have its ups and downs but overall the food was great most days and sometimes it wasn't according to some students.
Terrible place to work.
Housekeeping Staff (Current Employee) –  Alberta9 October 2017
Horrible pace to work. They only pay minimum and reluctantly increase when minimum wage goes up, yet expect maximum amount of work. Management acts like babysitters always micromanaging and getting angry or writing you up if they feel you're not working hard/fast enough. Will put the work of two-three people on your shoulders before lifting a finger to help you themselves. Employs tons of foreigners who barely speak English because they're easily taken advantage of.
Cons
Management sucks, minimum wage, maximum work expected, no bonuses or perks.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2017
Good, fun for a teenager at a first job
2-3 shifts per week worked well for a student
Great staff, fun atmosphere, got to enjoy some sporting events and concerts
Great support system
Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2017
I enjoyed working for Aramark. The support structure was very good, and I was able to manage with creativity and freedom.
Aramark is a large corporation that deals with food services for all types of establishments.
Pros
free food!
Cons
low pay
Aramark
Cashier/Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rogers Center, ON1 October 2017
Aramark at Rogers Centre was great, supervisors are very helpful if you make mistakes, they will accommodate you. Very flexible hours, coworkers are nice. But work, is very fast-paced.
Pros
50% off on food, 30% on merch and tickets
Cons
busy
Good
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. I am willing to work here again and I would recommend individuals to work for this company. They had great food and service.
Friendly staff and management. Dependable hours.
Prep Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
Open up shop
Prepare salads, desserts and fruit displays.
Prepare and maintain salad and deli bar for lunch service.
Placed orders and received deliveries.
Helped to make and serve sandwiches at grill station.
Keep all stations clean and sanitized.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long drive
Aramark
Server (Current Employee) –  Rogers Center, ON19 September 2017
I only wish it was full time. I have worked here 9 seasons and i love it. I would love more events in the winter. The people who would here have worked here years too. Aramark at the Rogers Center is a place where they are flexible with hours so no one ever leaves.
Pros
tips daily
Cons
not enough ours
Fun And Challenging
Production cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2017
Great working environment : clean and functional . Supportive co - workers that help each other . Superiors are part of the workload, they help . Responsibilities are given to the desired worker .
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Early shifts and long hours
Fun.
Evening Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2017
I had lots of fun, even as an evening supervisor! There was lots to learn and many different ways for advancement. The manger was very caring and understanding and made sure his employees were happy working here.
good company
Second Cook / First Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2017
I like working for Aramark very much . some of the camps took to me to places ive never been . made some good friends . the work day was business as usual
First hand experience of employee abuse
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilfred Laurier University2 September 2017
Uncaring management. Miserable day-to-day atmosphere. Buck passing, and behind-covering. All those old ladies being being driven like galley slaves. "Elder abuse" is what they themselves called working there. Made to do dangerous heavy lifting, and endure hot, smoky conditions due to exhaust systems not functioning. Favouritism and bullying, gossiping and back stabbing abound. No benefits, wage is low, unable to survive while working this job. Will never forget all the egg yolk on the "clean" plates. I thought it would be great to work at the university but was sadly mistaken.
Pros
High ceiling in dining hall
Cons
Misery
nice company
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 August 2017
overall it was a nice company with a good benefits. but the routine is always changing thats why workers are confused at times. good management and clean facility.
I enjoyed working for Aramark
Housekeeping/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Long Lake Project, Anzac,AB.27 August 2017
I liked and enjoyed working at Aramark and i hope to go back to work for them.i like working in a Camp setting or i am flexible and enjoy working in the City as well.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
I did not have no negative experience.
Available work, high tension
Cashier / Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 August 2017
Great company but treated like a commodity. Working on campus meant that employees had the same time off during holidays as the school but during slower times of the year, workers were cut and work load became too much for 1 or 2 people to handle during busy rushes
Pros
flexible work hours
Good hours. That was it.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 August 2017
I felt that the employees were not being treated right. Management had favorites. Supervisor was a bully and always criticized never really complimenting. Had enough and quit.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
everything else
Best place to work if you are brown
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2017
Best place to work here if you are indian sri-lankan or pakistani. When I started working here all I could see were brown people not that I am trying to be racist but it felt so uncomfortable when you are working and a couple of people are conversing in a foreign language and it feels you are not wanted in a team or not welcomed very well. The chef is very partial and only favours people who treat him like some god I guess thats the culture where he comes from. One sous chef is from spain and I guess he is hired just for decoration as he too has no direction. Work is fun as everybody is doing whatever they want to do.Shifts changes overnignt and without any intimation.Money gets deducted from your paycheck whether you eat or not at the facility.
Pros
no pros
Cons
partial management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.