Aramark Employee Reviews

Positive work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB16 August 2017
Good and supportive staff.
Great place to work.
Competive wages.
Good medical and dental benifits.
Good work and life balance.
Good clients to work for
productive
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 August 2017
a fast paced kind of job dealing with different type of people. The workplace is enjoyable as you meet different kind of customers and I enjoyed helping them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult and demanding customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours standing
Grand
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 August 2017
I didnt really learn anything here. The office was super quite. No talking no radio. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at 5pm in the evening.
good place
Cashier/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2017
good place to work enjoyed it good catering services and great food big company and made good decent money but not to sure what it will be like now....
Good place for experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2017
People are good and helped me a lot there, they are nice, and give me many types of works so I can learn more. The manager is easy to reach and she is a kind person, we can talk for whatever problem I got and she is always nice to help me.
no loyalty to employees
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB28 July 2017
not a good company to work for
supervisor had his favorites and treated others unfairly
expected to sit at home between projects for indefinite lengths of time
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB25 July 2017
Overall good management
Too many hours for being part time and still in highschool
Friendly work environment
They also offer good benefits, if needed
Pros
Well managed
Productive and fun
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2017
I loved and I njoyed working for Aramark company because their work place was very nice and their workers are very nice to everyone in short it was a nice place.
Pros
They provide free lunch to workers
Cons
Sometimes they ask you to work extra hours
organized a super great place to work and develope skills 10 hrs days. high standards of excellence , safety first great team a nice camp. proud pace
first COOK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2017
organized a super great place to work and developed skills.10 hrs days. high standards of excellence , safety first great team a nice camp. proud pace to work for
Most unsupportive work environment I have ever worked in
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 July 2017
This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked at. Wrongly assumed working for a university would be a positive atmosphere. I worked at the terrace food court and when the lead manager went on mat leave her replacement created a hostile work environment through bullying and blatant favouritism. Laurier university should be ashamed for handing their food services over to this awful company. Will not be returning to work here in September.
Pros
Cons
Constant shift reductions
Dietary Aid
Dietary Aide, BDHSSA (Former Employee) –  Inuvik, NT12 July 2017
It was a great experience working in a clean environment with a great friendly team. The timing was always a rush, rush. I enjoyed learning, great trainers, and great people all around. the supervisors were helpful and the manager was great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes 12 hr
i like to work in a fun and productive work enviornment
Kitchen Stewart/ Line cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2017
I like to work in a neat and organized place, with hard working and productive people. I learned a lot of different skills over the years working in kitchens, which over the past 4 years I really noticed an improvement in my work. worked long days and even 12 days in a row, with some 12 hour shifts on event days or concerts. I would like to work for someone that I can advance my skills in the same field, or try something new for a change.
Remote camp workplace with plenty of pros and cons
Janitor/Fire Warden (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB7 July 2017
A typical day at work would include basic janitorial duties - sweeping, mopping, dusting - keeping the workplace well-kept to industry and client standards.
I learned a few different minor tricks of the janitorial trade but nothing I haven't already experienced in past work. Learned a lot as a Fire Warden - evacuation procedures, calming influence, leadership, reporting.
Management was great for the most part, but it was stated a few times that head office was preventing them from giving extra hours, they were frequently forced to lay people off, and supplies needed for everyday work were cut short because of budgeting reasons.
The workplace culture had its ups and downs. A lot of language barriers between co-workers, some co-workers were forced to pick up the slack of others even when there was strict timelines set in place for each task, some co-workers were hired by head office without all necessary qualifications (Class 5 license especially) which forced co-workers who did have a license to extend their hours for certain tasks, but overall it was a good environment because Management and Supervisors ensured, to the best of their abilities, that everybody had a prominent role in everyday tasks.
The hardest part of the job was the constant uneasiness about job security because of all the lay-offs, working in freezing temperatures outside in the middle of the night, and the long hours and rotations (21 days on with 10-12 hour shifts and 7 days off).
The most enjoyable part was always being able to stay busy and having something to do, and working for a few co-workers who
  more... were easy to get along with. Also the free and near-unlimited food as an accommodation was pretty enjoyable as well.  less
Pros
Pay, free food, good management, rec room for down-time when not working
Cons
Long hours, long rotations, secluded camp life
Great co workers
Server (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 June 2017
typical day at work is getting set up for the day, getting dining room and servery set up.
i learned more about food management and time and speed adaptation.
management is very good and always willing to adapt to my schedule.
the hardest part of the job at first was time management but overcoming that it is a very enjoyable job.
the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the residents. the serving and kitchen staff also make my job very enjoyable
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Limited shifts
Co workers were great. Got to serve outside by lake it was nice
Server (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON27 June 2017
Enjoyed working there but unfortunately got it was to far out for me to go. If there was something closer would have stayed. The school that Aramark was in was beautiful
Pros
Very cheep healthy food
Cons
To far out in country
Very unpleasant management
2nd Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 June 2017
Very unpleasant management team makes this employer extremely difficult to enjoy. What should have been a highly enjoyable job was ruined by a poor workplace culture espoused by management that tolerates it.
Had good work for me, not bad pay either.
Snow removal/ Janitor as of April 20th (Current Employee) –  Detour Lake, ON21 June 2017
Working with this compant really helped me get on my feet. The people i worked with were just lovely and I enojyed working with all of them. I hope to continue my employment with them.
great bosses and co workers
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  edmonton20 June 2017
I like working for Aramark bosses step in and help when needed and thank you for coming in and doing a great job. co workers are fun to work with and made friends there very easily. fast paced work time management a must some heavy lifting.
working for Aramark
Chef / Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 June 2017
Very hard worker . Keeps staff in control . Over looks inventory and food production . Train staff on food safety . Makes sure food is fresh and always looks good . Keeps hours of production under control .
its fun working over there cause of friendly environment
Runner and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2017
i appreciate all the workers that worked with me and my supervisor is also so friendly and he trained me like his best friend.the environment was also fresh due to which i easily manage to do any work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval