Aramark Employee Reviews

Suffield army base cafe
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB2 December 2016
Long days, hard on our feet, very demanding job at times but also rewarding to.
Working for Penny and Van at Aramark in Suffield was a pleasure. They are both amazing bosses, and would for for them again any day.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Not enough employees
Easy
Cook (Seasonal/ Canadian Tire Centre) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON17 November 2016
They hire anyone, so when they are searching for workers, it is very easy to get into it. Most managers don't actually care about their workers.
Productive and an ok work place. Good managment, fun staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
The company has gotten me where I am today . I am thankful for that but now I must move on. Managment is great. The staff is fun and working in many facilities across the hamilton. They have great benefits and pay is all right.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Not a work enviroment for me
Productive and a place where I learnt a lot under my directors supervision
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
A typical day at work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll Management and progressive meetings.

I have learnt to do the payroll and accounts receivable with expertise. Learnt to Manage the entire office culture and relationships.

Management and co-workers go hand-in-hand. I have learnt to manage deadlines and outcomes by polishing my skills to address them to my my co-workers and sub-ordinates.

Hardest part of my job is its in-mobility. I would sit on my computer for 8 straight hours working on different things followed by meetings.

Enjoyable part of the job is to encounter something new everyday and to resolve issues with the Management Team. I always like to ice it up by putting some extra effort to make sure that the issue does not arise again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long seating hours
Other than work I did not get to know my coworkers very well except for 1 or 2. There were recreation provided like pool tables weight room.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
My last work with Aramark was a camp job and we worked three weeks in one week out. Working 63 hours a week was tough on the body and I did not like my position.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
I really hated the job I was tasked with. I will never do that work again.
My typical day at work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
My day was enjoyable - the multicultural atmosphere - the staff unity - the management organisation.

Work was pleasure - and when you enjoy what you do, it is no longer work - it is fun.

My hardest part of the job was to find replacements for staff that were ill or couldn't make it to work for some reason. Even though everyone was cross-trained, I had problems due to the union seniority issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the client satisfaction and staff acceptance of me.
Pros
Parking - good food - gym facility
Cons
Driving to work in the snow.
Good place to work, everyone is treated equally
Executive Assistant to Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I worked at the head office and being an Admin person I was the first point of contact. My day use to start with managers requesting for Special Pay notice because some of our employees did not get paid. I believe that all employees are entitled for their salary. Sometime I also receive request for booking flight, hotel reservation or there could be some grievances. I would always have request from Tim Hortons or Pizza Pizza or Subway requesting their documents. In addition to regular office work.

I learned to prioritize your work

Aramark is a big company, we have different line of business and we all worked as a team.

The hardest part of the job is during month end, when you have to reconcile all accounts, and have to work a couple of evenings till 8 or 8.30 pm to make sure everything is correct.

Enjoyable part - We use to get free lunches
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours during month end
Business created to scam children
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
0/10 not gr8 m8
got p8d good w8g but so sad
Now i has crippling depression
and I drinking bleache
i buy new mansion and now i crippling debt
Very challenging and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
Great opportunity to open a state of the art facility. Greatest challenge was working based as a US employee working in Canada. Systems were not in place to efficiently transfer employment.
Pros
Always challenging
Cons
Biforcated customer
Cashier at Aramark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2016
I learned how to communicate and make transactions throughout the day. The management team is really understanding and cooperative. The co-workers are eager to help with almost anything. As most of the students' are international students whose first language is not English, so there is a chance of arising miscommunication. The enjoyable part of the job is that almost 99% of the customer are university students so you can say I know most of the customers.
There a great people who work there
Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
everyone at the Rogers Centre tries there hardest to provide excellent service for the customers and ensure that the customers be served with a smile.
Pros
Staff appreciation every Sunday ( free breakfast)
Cons
pay is biweekly, you work when the Blue jays work or when there is an event
Co-works are the only thing keeping us there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 October 2016
*Management is the most unorganized thing about this place
*you never know what you will be doing next
*management needs management
hardest thing about this job, is when you have one bad worker, you are told to go and help that coworker "get their area up to par" instead of them being disciplined. bad worker has been here 4 years and still cant clean without a complaint. (it is time for other means, of help if you ask me)
*nothing is ever written in stone and we never know what we will be working into the next day. we sign for a position and get it taken back the same day
* collective agreement,basic human communication and respect..well those rules are only for the workers and not the management team
Pros
co workers
Cons
your pay wont ever reflect the work you have to do, management will bring the worst out of you, never properly train, in case of emergencies
Enjoyed the work
Catering/Banquets (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2016
Worked a long time for this company, it was satisfying to see an event through, but at times too much workload for the manpower given was present.
Pros
Enjoyed the work, but at times it was unevenly distributed
Cons
Leadership was at times confusing
A fun work place, with great people. A great atmosphere.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 October 2016
Over all Aramark is a great franchise to work for. I learnt that in the past, events like the Olympics, they were the Hosts, providing all the meals for the athletes and for their families and their management.
Pros
Free beverages
Lots of variety
Dietary/Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2016
Busy days time flies by quickly.
Amazing staff.
Learned a lot about problem solving ,time management, prioritizing.
Most enjoyable time was giving my time to residents and staff.
Improved my computer skills.
great place to work
kitchen porter / Mail porter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2016
love working with Aramark, co-workers are great management is good also i learn a lot in this place over all experience is good to bad i need to leave in work because of school, it was a fun environment enjoyable work.
Pros
great place to work
Excellent Place to work
Cash Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON12 September 2016
I have worked at Aramark for 11 years and love going to work. It is a fun atmosphere and everyone is very helpful. The hardest part of the job is sometimes getting out late (early in the morning) and having to get up the next morning for my second P/T job.
Pros
Free food - every year we have a team building outing
Cons
The odd late late night
Not a good Place to Advance the career
Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
Unfortunately Not a good Place to Advance the career, promotions or raises , no bonuses or recognition, very fishy with payroll, no benefits to speak of...
Its good place in my work..
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
my responsibilities in aramark is all around im doing cashier, grill cook, serving costumers in extreme pita, booster juice and tim hortons, i am also a tim hortons baker, kitchen help,.
Pros
Good job location near the train
Cons
8 hrs work
hot and busy
Cashier / General Help (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 August 2016
busy all day, helping customers and cleaning cafeteria
Do not support staff when problems occurs.
Students and professors are friendly.
Catering is a lot of work setting up and you do a lot of running back and forth. The summer is hard to work in because of the dishwasher. No ventilation from the steam of the dishes.