Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace.
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 6, 2016
There was always something to do, and I learned proper food handling technique. Management was always accessible, and was very flexible. All of my co-workers were very pleasant people to work with, and they all brought a pleasant aspect to the workplace. The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in the short amount of time given. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the fantastic people.
Pros
free food while working
Fun and enjoyable experience working in a hospital setting of a workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 15, 2016
I truly enjoyed working with Aramark specially at St. Paul's Hospital. Working with people of diverse background, meeting people, patients, staff of the hospitals, nurses, doctors and co-workers 5 days a week was an unforgettable experience.
Pros
Benefits are good and working with different people at the workplace was enjoyable
Cons
Working with people of different language sometimes the source of misunderstanding at the workplace
fun and busy place
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
working at aramark at rogers is kinda new and much busier than kfc but i get the job easier because its the same job i got in kfc like customers service, i learned much better communication skill because they dont have any worker in my same country, the hardest part of the job is when they giving a give aways because its more people than the normal day but its fun because you can get some tip from the customer
Pros
paid break time
Cons
high salary
Supply Chain Accounting is specialized
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 16, 2016
A typical day could be completing tasks as previously planned or assisting co-workers and trouble shooting their issues. I learned the accounting process used in Supply Chain is more specialized. My co-workers were very diversified, I very much enjoyed working with and alongside them. The hardest part of my job was the very long work hour expectations especially during quarter and annual year-end. The most enjoyable was the occasional special events attended.
Pros
Ability to work from home when required
Cons
Long Hours
I always enjoy my day serving my customers no matter what? because I have a compassion heart.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Food Court, Carleton UniversityMay 2, 2016
Before we start our fun and busy day. The Director, Managers, supervisors and chefs gather us (the workers) for meeting. To remind us about the government Health and Safety Regulations;
how to cope up with stressful situation by a positive attitude especially in dealing with customers.
As far as i am concern, there's no such a difficult job if I love my job and have a positive attitude.
Pros
great benefits
bipolar management
excrement cleaner (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABApril 12, 2016
Absolute abuse and personal attacks over created safety issues that make one feel personally threatened and psychologically very unsafe. Does this make sense anyone...bullies are able to harass other staff and management looks the other way since they employ the same tactics. It's an old boys school. New staff are ostracized belittled and fired when they protest the duress or pushed to quit.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the elementary school atmosphere before anti bulleying laws
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
Pros
Vouchers for events and food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
unorganized
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
Working for Aramark Canada at the princess location was easily the most unorganized and confusing job I have yet to have, from going an entire 8 hours without a break, to the lack of communication between managers. The hardest part was watching the mad show that unrolled whenever someone would call in sick, the only part I enjoyed were the co-workers I met while working there.
The management however, its why I left.
unorganized !!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized
This was a good job experience and training
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work was basically the same. My co-workers were hard working people and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
Pros
Sometimes being able to purchase items that had not been sold that day.
Cons
Heavy lifting at times
Challenging
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON and Peterbourgh ONJuly 1, 2016
Prepare soups and entrees for the day
Set up catering functions, display cooking and serving
Inventory control, purchasing, invoicing, banking
Great staff to work with
Sometimes very long hours with evening catering
Customer interaction
Pros
Free lunches and yearly bonus
Cons
Not much chance for breaks during the day
not a progressive company
Regional Operations /Q A Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2016
I have worked here for almost 2 years. The senior leadership is weak and the direction of the company seems to be lacking. I am concerned they are getting left in the dust by the competitors. They need to change the way they operate otherwise our division is going to obsolete in 10 years.
It was my first job in Canada
Baking and Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 21, 2016
The company was really very nice and flexible and we had lots of training on job. I learnt lots of new and different things. The staff were really very kind and helpful. It was a very good experienced and I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Had to wash Huge greesy utensils.
Very exciting and fun place to work.
Tim Hortons team member at Carleton University (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 3, 2016
Very fair in dealing with staffs, no form of impartiality. Everybody respects one another and the management are very effective as well. You do not have to bother about spending money on food as lunch is provided while it will be deducted at a small rate from your pay.
Pros
Lunch is provided
Great team, but needed to work on it
Baker, Breakfast Cook, First Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2016
Very busy and large workloads, had to learn very quickly how to manage your time.
Overall management was good, direct management could have been a little more helpful.
My coworkers were great.
Hardest part of job was the work load.
I really enjoyed the team work.
Pros
Nice camps
Cons
workloads
It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Fun loving people person
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 16, 2016
Enjoy working with people on a daily basis, happy faces and seeing same consistent people, learning their orders and helping them thru the exclusive menu that we offer. Further assisting with people in the hospital, food court and other areas of the food and beverage areas.
Unsupportive management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I've been here for 3 months, have 20+ years of experience in the industry and have rarely seen such disorganization and favouritism in a workplace. Zero job security even for employees with 4+ years of tenure. I will be looking for better employ this month. Wrongly assumed working for a University would be a positive environment with room to grow. Aramark is too distant and large to properly manage this location, they should stick to uniform supply.
Pros
Pay rate, thanks to my experience
Cons
Higher management is lacking oxygen to brains
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
Productive job that varies on busyness
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 6, 2016
Great place to work it is tiring and hard the managers are picky about how things should be done but after a while, you get used to it. The GM is not the most approachable guy t the other managers are great guys in general.
Pros
Food and law abiding
Cons
scheduling
Great
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 12, 2016
Aramark is a great corporate citizen and treat their employees very well. Overall a very good company to work for. The work is continuously changing and allows for new and unique challenges daily. Aramark allows people to foster their passion for people and immerse themselves in service.