Aramark Employee Reviews

My typical day at work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
My day was enjoyable - the multicultural atmosphere - the staff unity - the management organisation.

Work was pleasure - and when you enjoy what you do, it is no longer work - it is fun.

My hardest part of the job was to find replacements for staff that were ill or couldn't make it to work for some reason. Even though everyone was cross-trained, I had problems due to the union seniority issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the client satisfaction and staff acceptance of me.
Pros
Parking - good food - gym facility
Cons
Driving to work in the snow.
Cashier at Aramark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2016
I learned how to communicate and make transactions throughout the day. The management team is really understanding and cooperative. The co-workers are eager to help with almost anything. As most of the students' are international students whose first language is not English, so there is a chance of arising miscommunication. The enjoyable part of the job is that almost 99% of the customer are university students so you can say I know most of the customers.
Other than work I did not get to know my coworkers very well except for 1 or 2. There were recreation provided like pool tables weight room.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
My last work with Aramark was a camp job and we worked three weeks in one week out. Working 63 hours a week was tough on the body and I did not like my position.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
I really hated the job I was tasked with. I will never do that work again.
Co-works are the only thing keeping us there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 October 2016
*Management is the most unorganized thing about this place
*you never know what you will be doing next
*management needs management
hardest thing about this job, is when you have one bad worker, you are told to go and help that coworker "get their area up to par" instead of them being disciplined. bad worker has been here 4 years and still cant clean without a complaint. (it is time for other means, of help if you ask me)
*nothing is ever written in stone and we never know what we will be working into the next day. we sign for a position and get it taken back the same day
* collective agreement,basic human communication and respect..well those rules are only for the workers and not the management team
Pros
co workers
Cons
your pay wont ever reflect the work you have to do, management will bring the worst out of you, never properly train, in case of emergencies
Productive and a place where I learnt a lot under my directors supervision
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
A typical day at work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll Management and progressive meetings.

I have learnt to do the payroll and accounts receivable with expertise. Learnt to Manage the entire office culture and relationships.

Management and co-workers go hand-in-hand. I have learnt to manage deadlines and outcomes by polishing my skills to address them to my my co-workers and sub-ordinates.

Hardest part of my job is its in-mobility. I would sit on my computer for 8 straight hours working on different things followed by meetings.

Enjoyable part of the job is to encounter something new everyday and to resolve issues with the Management Team. I always like to ice it up by putting some extra effort to make sure that the issue does not arise again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long seating hours
Excellent Place to work
Cash Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON12 September 2016
I have worked at Aramark for 11 years and love going to work. It is a fun atmosphere and everyone is very helpful. The hardest part of the job is sometimes getting out late (early in the morning) and having to get up the next morning for my second P/T job.
Pros
Free food - every year we have a team building outing
Cons
The odd late late night
Fun and enjoyable experience working in a hospital setting of a workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2016
I truly enjoyed working with Aramark specially at St. Paul's Hospital. Working with people of diverse background, meeting people, patients, staff of the hospitals, nurses, doctors and co-workers 5 days a week was an unforgettable experience.
Pros
Benefits are good and working with different people at the workplace was enjoyable
Cons
Working with people of different language sometimes the source of misunderstanding at the workplace
Productive and an ok work place. Good managment, fun staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
The company has gotten me where I am today . I am thankful for that but now I must move on. Managment is great. The staff is fun and working in many facilities across the hamilton. They have great benefits and pay is all right.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Not a work enviroment for me
Productive and fun workplace.
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 July 2016
There was always something to do, and I learned proper food handling technique. Management was always accessible, and was very flexible. All of my co-workers were very pleasant people to work with, and they all brought a pleasant aspect to the workplace. The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in the short amount of time given. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the fantastic people.
Pros
free food while working
There a great people who work there
Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
everyone at the Rogers Centre tries there hardest to provide excellent service for the customers and ensure that the customers be served with a smile.
Pros
Staff appreciation every Sunday ( free breakfast)
Cons
pay is biweekly, you work when the Blue jays work or when there is an event
Good place to work, everyone is treated equally
Executive Assistant to Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I worked at the head office and being an Admin person I was the first point of contact. My day use to start with managers requesting for Special Pay notice because some of our employees did not get paid. I believe that all employees are entitled for their salary. Sometime I also receive request for booking flight, hotel reservation or there could be some grievances. I would always have request from Tim Hortons or Pizza Pizza or Subway requesting their documents. In addition to regular office work.

I learned to prioritize your work

Aramark is a big company, we have different line of business and we all worked as a team.

The hardest part of the job is during month end, when you have to reconcile all accounts, and have to work a couple of evenings till 8 or 8.30 pm to make sure everything is correct.

Enjoyable part - We use to get free lunches
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours during month end
hot and busy
Cashier / General Help (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 August 2016
busy all day, helping customers and cleaning cafeteria
Do not support staff when problems occurs.
Students and professors are friendly.
Catering is a lot of work setting up and you do a lot of running back and forth. The summer is hard to work in because of the dishwasher. No ventilation from the steam of the dishes.
fun and busy place
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
working at aramark at rogers is kinda new and much busier than kfc but i get the job easier because its the same job i got in kfc like customers service, i learned much better communication skill because they dont have any worker in my same country, the hardest part of the job is when they giving a give aways because its more people than the normal day but its fun because you can get some tip from the customer
Pros
paid break time
Cons
high salary
A fun work place, with great people. A great atmosphere.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 October 2016
Over all Aramark is a great franchise to work for. I learnt that in the past, events like the Olympics, they were the Hosts, providing all the meals for the athletes and for their families and their management.
Pros
Free beverages
Very challenging and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
Great opportunity to open a state of the art facility. Greatest challenge was working based as a US employee working in Canada. Systems were not in place to efficiently transfer employment.
Pros
Always challenging
Cons
Biforcated customer
Suffield army base cafe
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB2 December 2016
Long days, hard on our feet, very demanding job at times but also rewarding to.
Working for Penny and Van at Aramark in Suffield was a pleasure. They are both amazing bosses, and would for for them again any day.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Not enough employees
not a progressive company
Regional Operations /Q A Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
I have worked here for almost 2 years. The senior leadership is weak and the direction of the company seems to be lacking. I am concerned they are getting left in the dust by the competitors. They need to change the way they operate otherwise our division is going to obsolete in 10 years.
Enjoyed the work
Catering/Banquets (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2016
Worked a long time for this company, it was satisfying to see an event through, but at times too much workload for the manpower given was present.
Pros
Enjoyed the work, but at times it was unevenly distributed
Cons
Leadership was at times confusing
great place to work
kitchen porter / Mail porter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2016
love working with Aramark, co-workers are great management is good also i learn a lot in this place over all experience is good to bad i need to leave in work because of school, it was a fun environment enjoyable work.
Pros
great place to work
Challenging
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON and Peterbourgh ON1 July 2016
Prepare soups and entrees for the day
Set up catering functions, display cooking and serving
Inventory control, purchasing, invoicing, banking
Great staff to work with
Sometimes very long hours with evening catering
Customer interaction
Pros
Free lunches and yearly bonus
Cons
Not much chance for breaks during the day