Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
bipolar management
excrement cleaner (Former Employee), Joffre, ABApril 12, 2016
Pros: the customers
Cons: the elementary school atmosphere before anti bulleying laws
Absolute abuse and personal attacks over created safety issues that make one feel personally threatened and psychologically very unsafe. Does this make sense anyone...bullies are able to harass other staff and management looks the other way since they employ the same tactics. It's an old boys school. New staff are ostracized belittled and fired when they protest the duress or pushed to quit.
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Vouchers for events and food
Cons: Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
unorganized
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unorganized
Working for Aramark Canada at the princess location was easily the most unorganized and confusing job I have yet to have, from going an entire 8 hours without a break, to the lack of communication between managers. The hardest part was watching the mad show that unrolled whenever someone would call in sick, the only part I enjoyed were the co-workers I met while working there.
The management however, its why I left.
unorganized !!!
It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Unsupportive management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: Pay rate, thanks to my experience
Cons: Higher management is lacking oxygen to brains
I've been here for 3 months, have 20+ years of experience in the industry and have rarely seen such disorganization and favouritism in a workplace. Zero job security even for employees with 4+ years of tenure. I will be looking for better employ this month. Wrongly assumed working for a University would be a positive environment with room to grow. Aramark is too distant and large to properly manage this location, they should stick to uniform supply.
This was a good job experience and training
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
Pros: Sometimes being able to purchase items that had not been sold that day.
Cons: Heavy lifting at times
A typical day at work was basically the same. My co-workers were hard working people and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee), Ingersoll, ONJanuary 11, 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Great supervisors, managers and employees
Cons: none
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
Respectful and Driven Workplace
Vending Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Aramark has been a fantastic place to work. Everyone I have worked with have been fantastic, including co-workers and management. Even though I hold a fairly low level position in the company I still feel respected and valued by my superiors (something I have not felt elsewhere). As a full time student they have been fantastic working around my school schedule and allowing time off whenever exams arise.
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: Non-long hours
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Awesome work place with lenient scheduling
Snack Vendor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Pros: 50% off all Rogers Centre Food
Cons: I lived far away, so it was far for me to commute to
A great place to work! The atmosphere is awesome and everyone who you work with is great, awesome people. The management was the best part of the job, I am a very busy person and was going away in the summer because my parents were taking us on vacation (I am a student worker). I told management I would be gone for all of July and they completely accommodated me and welcomed me back in August. Truly a great place to work!
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Location and free food/ beverage
Cons: Everything else, especially management
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: lunch provided at small cost
Cons: breaks allowed
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
always exciting with the baseball games held at the dome
Stand Lead/ Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: being a part of a large franchise like the Blue Jays
Cons: breaks have to be timed perfectly
it was always an exciting place to work at the dome because its a sports stadium. always get to see different kinds of fans and be able to engage with them in a fun and welcoming aura. it tends to get really busy and there would be stressful times but the efficiency of the workers and the constant communication between the front liners and the cooks is a must.
Baker (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work with a very supportive management team!!!
Cons: summer layoffs
Fun place to work, lots to keep you busy.Made some great friends.Friendly co-workers with lots of advise and helping hands. Best management team I have ever worked with.Loved having coffee in the morning with the students, keeps you young and in high spirits.I was very blessed to work for Aramark (Saint Mary's University).
Cashier/ Frontline (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: exceptional
Cons: 8 hrs.
As a cashier or frontline team member is very tough.You have to be flexible and have good attitude to your co- workers.These kind of job i learned a lot.Customer service is the best,I enjoy serving customer everyday in my workplace.i have fun doing my work.
i was a chef there
Catering Chef/ Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 14, 2015
I was the chef of a staff of sixty staff and in charge of ,ordering ,scheduals , making sure all employees were productive and following through with production list and cooking . health and safety, wsib, whims and work safety , cost control food cost, and management meets with Dm and university student union
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
Headquarters