Aramark Employee Reviews for Cashier

Poorly Managed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
It is a dis organized unit. Management does not seem to know what they are doing. Managers do not have people skills nor management skills. Issues never get resolved and the place has become a place for disgruntled employees.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Inefficient Upper Management
Excellent Coworkers, Horrible managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2018
As soon as a shift starts you automatically have to clean up after the previous shift. Kitchen is incredibly dirty. Managers don't care enough to help out when issues arise. LOTS of favoritism from management, and hardly ever promote from within despite having workers from opening day. Head office also seems to brush issues off as nothing when brought to their attention. Only enjoyable part is the other employees, they're very welcoming to new people and more than welcome to help if you're struggling.
Pros
Discounted meals, fun coworkers
Cons
Short staffed, bad managers, favoritism
great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 January 2018
.great place to work, great management, friendly teammates. Easy going, laid back.
easy work.
only thing to improve is more tasks to do when finished all required tasks
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no definite set end time
Aramark
Cashier/Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rogers Center, ON1 October 2017
Aramark at Rogers Centre was great, supervisors are very helpful if you make mistakes, they will accommodate you. Very flexible hours, coworkers are nice. But work, is very fast-paced.
Pros
50% off on food, 30% on merch and tickets
Cons
busy
Good place for experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2017
People are good and helped me a lot there, they are nice, and give me many types of works so I can learn more. The manager is easy to reach and she is a kind person, we can talk for whatever problem I got and she is always nice to help me.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB25 July 2017
Overall good management
Too many hours for being part time and still in highschool
Friendly work environment
They also offer good benefits, if needed
Pros
Well managed
aramark
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
this company is good, but there is no benefits for anyone even if they are full time. the hours are good, the wages are good, and the people i work with are like family.
very disorganized
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 May 2017
very hard to contact management. not much planning and support offered to staff during peak times. very little job satisfaction withing all casual staff as well as full time
Aramark as a Student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 April 2017
Working for Aramark as a student is amazing, because the company knows that a student's first priority is school. They will make adjustments to your schedule based on your availability, they are forgiving if something happens (such as illness or an emergency), and they're extremely welcoming.

A day in the life of an employee at Aramark means that I am always welcome. My coworkers, including members of management, are kind, approachable, and respectful. We have a strong team dynamic, and there is not a day that we aren't smiling.

There are always opportunities to get extra shifts and hours, especially if someone calls in sick. You are also able to be cross-trained for the multiple job positions available on campus. There is also some opportunity, depending on how busy the summer will be, to have shifts over the summer.

Aramark also allows for the Work to Learn Program offered at Lakehead University, which makes it an even better opportunity for students.
Fun place for hockey and music lovers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
I clock in, and go to my concession stand. There, I put the float in the till. Then I take orders and take the money for the order. While I pour the drinks, the Runner fetches the food. At the end of the night, I count the float and we all help to clean the concession stand.The hardest part to the job is the cleaning; the most enjoyable part is serving the customers.
Pros
$5.00 meals
Cons
when hockey season is over, not enough shifts.
Overall good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2016
learned working with flexible team.
customer service experience gained.
meeting new people everyday enjoyable part of the job.
working as a team and accomplishing required goals.
Well managed, happy staff
Cashier and General (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 December 2016
Staff is kept happy with very flexible hours for both part time and full time employees.

Managers were very friendly and were always willing to assist with any queries
Pros
free food
Cons
Long hours, limited staff during closing
Cashier at Aramark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2016
I learned how to communicate and make transactions throughout the day. The management team is really understanding and cooperative. The co-workers are eager to help with almost anything. As most of the students' are international students whose first language is not English, so there is a chance of arising miscommunication. The enjoyable part of the job is that almost 99% of the customer are university students so you can say I know most of the customers.
hot and busy
Cashier / General Help (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 August 2016
busy all day, helping customers and cleaning cafeteria
Do not support staff when problems occurs.
Students and professors are friendly.
Catering is a lot of work setting up and you do a lot of running back and forth. The summer is hard to work in because of the dishwasher. No ventilation from the steam of the dishes.
Friendly co-workers
Cashier/Sandwich Prep/Tim Horton's (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2016
My co-workers were friendly and the part I enjoyed most about the job is that it was fast paced and I was good at it.
The hardest part of the job was constantly running out of product (due to manager prioritizing the wrong tasks) and having unreliable employees not show up.
Pros
accrued vacation pay, friendly co-workers
Cons
unreliable employees, running out of product, manager not making time for employees concerns
fun job
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2015
concession food and beverages, working on your own, getting thru the halftime crowd, cashier skills, great communication skills building.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough hours
Good team to work with and money was also great
cashier (Former Employee) –  st johns, NL31 March 2015
The people that I worker with where positive and interesting people with unique lives. The organization had high standards when it came to food safety. However how the company communicated with its customer could have used some improvement
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC11 February 2015
Great place to work. Supervisors and managers were awesome. Nothing bad to say about it. Excellent place and very cool.
Great workplace, very flexible hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2015
Working for Aramark was a wonderful experience. A typical shift was very fast paced, and offered a great balance between providing customer service and maintaining the cleanliness of the stand I was working in. Duties included taking customers' orders, serving beer, and cleaning.

Supervisors were very friendly, and developed great relationships with my co-workers and worked well as a team, since we worked together in the same stand the entire season. Management was very friendly and accommodating of my schedule.

The best part of the job was the flexibility the job provided, since I was able to choose most of the shifts I worked, the only exception being that I was required to work the Sens games that did not conflict with school.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free meal ticket each shift, great environment.
Cons
Work was tied to the Sens' schedule and performance.
Good people, Poorly run.
Cashier at Dan's Diner (Former Employee) –  995 ontario15 August 2014
They like to change schedules, after 2 am, before 8 am, and expect you to know at all times, what the schedule says.
all in all, dont work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.