Aramark Employee Reviews

Good job, can be hard to balance a schedule at times, management is accommodating
Grill Cook/Server/Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2017
Aramark is a good entry level job, easy hiring, management is accommodating, but times in schedules may change, there are little to no safety checkups for kitchens. Good work for people who may want a good part time job to keep busy, no full time positions available unfortunately.
Pros
Fun people, free drinks/food
Cons
Long hours, Times may change often, no safety checkups, Long drive if you're not from the area.
All depends on the manager
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2017
Even though I am working part time, all things I need to do and when I need to work, all depend on the manager, which is actually good for a new beginner.
reliable hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glendon College14 May 2017
I was kept to a consistent schedule throughout my time there. I came to truly appreciate my coworkers as we spent a lot of time together in close quarters.
It was a very highly productive work fast paced enviroment.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON9 May 2017
I obtained a number of work experiences through Aramark such as Safety hazards what to be aware of in cases of emergencies . I also obtained the knowledge of the many things that are involved in paper work and they're rules and regulations. I have met many interesting people along the way. I have learned so and have taken with me along the way.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Chemical spills
Dishwasher/shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
Aramark has taught me a lot about how to keep a restaurant running smoothly through dish washing and shipping receiving. They helped me figure out the meaning of team work better than any of the other places that I have worked.
Productive and fun working place
Head Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Interpersonal skills are the skills I use to interact with other people. Good interpersonal skills allows me to participate effectively as a member of a team, satisfy customers and clients' expectations, negotiate, make decisions, time management efficiently, take responsibility, and work effectively with other employees. It allows me to empathize and build rapport with colleagues and clients, leading to a better working environment which can be less stressful. I was able to impress co-workers, supervisor and clients with my energy. Actually, the energy was simply a reflection of the genuine interest that I had in the job. My authenticity was highlighted through the respect that I showed for my co-workers, and supervisor, As a result, they liked working with me.
Pros
Free snacks and lunches
Cons
job security paid okay however job went terrible when the union came in
1st cook (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB2 May 2017
the management were helpful it paid alright, I enjoyed all my coworkers and the equipment was top notch. I really disliked how poorly the management treated everyone after the union came in.....
work
Prep Cook & Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 May 2017
well I was given more work to prep and help orders I worked of health and safety board as well the people where friendly ... I loved making salads and other snack foods
Pros
i worked days
Cons
need more hours
Loving it at the Rogers Centre
Beer Vendor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Great working experience. I'm enjoying the organizational structure. I like having the autonomy I get for maintaining my stock and float the way that works for me.
High volume and fast paced
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2017
It's quite busy working here. I learned how to keep up in a fast paced environment with a very large staff. Hours are decent, so is the pay. Different stations are interesting.
A steady paced workplace with a friendly workforce!
Porter (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON22 April 2017
I have learned many skills working through Aramark Canada. The management as well as fellow employees are a friendly, hard working group of individuals.
Everyday I go into work feeling comfortable and secure in my position, and as if I am wanted and needed where I am. This company is an example of how exceptional customer service and a strong, happy workforce are one in the same and cannot exist without one another.
Management is effective in handling mishaps between customers and employees, and rarely (if ever) leave a customer or employee dissatisfied.
I have enjoyed my time working with Aramark Canada and my experiences with them will carry me throughout my professional career and lifetime.
Pros
Unionized, Periodic Wage Bumps, Employee Appreciation
Cons
Summers off, Inconsistent daily workflow, Seniority availablility
Great work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 April 2017
A very good entry level experience in customer service. The managerial staff was very helpful in teaching fundamental customer service skills (patience, tactfulness, attentiveness, empathy). The work place was easy to adjust to, and provided plenty opportunities to experience constructive pressure (time constraints, work reviews).
Pros
Flexible hours, Well run business
Cons
No opportunity for managerial experience
Productive and Fun
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
typical day at work is busy all the time since we are located in the University of Alberta. It enhances my communication skills. In relation to management they are very accommodating. Also safety first and hygiene is the main goal since we offer food services.
Pros
Free meals
its basically a great place to work where the staff makes you feel encouraged
Dishwasher/ linecook (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON19 April 2017
It's a nice place to work and the staff are very friendly.
And for me working in an environment where the co workers are always polite is important to me
The working hours are wonderful and you get to work with people from so many different culture
The quality of the service and product is by far outstanding.
Pros
Affordable Meal plans
Cons
It can get very busy at times but that's more of a pro because it's good for business
poor management
Short order cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 April 2017
the airport location is poorly run. the manager would schedule me for 10 then ask why i wasnt at work for 9. the kitchen is poorly kept and cleaning is done once in a blue moon. almost all dishes would pile up untill the closing staff would have to do them at the end of the night. All in all i would never recommend anyone to work there.
Cons
working longer than scheduled
Personally, an overall good experience
Ultility (Current Employee) –  Carleton University, ON19 April 2017
Personally, I found that working for Aramark (at least at the location I worked at) has been a good experience as a student worker. My managers have been good on ensuring that my hours fit with my classes. The people who work here are nice and are hard working, so they are dependable and certainly give the workplace a lively atmosphere. Overall, there was not a lot of cons and even if there was, the amount of pros would make them seem insignificant.
Pros
good management
Cons
somewhat rigid work hours
Best employer
Assistant warehouse manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
Best employer if you want a job you enjoy, management really cares about their employees they always try to do their best when it comes down to enjoying your job.
Aramark as a Student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 April 2017
Working for Aramark as a student is amazing, because the company knows that a student's first priority is school. They will make adjustments to your schedule based on your availability, they are forgiving if something happens (such as illness or an emergency), and they're extremely welcoming.

A day in the life of an employee at Aramark means that I am always welcome. My coworkers, including members of management, are kind, approachable, and respectful. We have a strong team dynamic, and there is not a day that we aren't smiling.

There are always opportunities to get extra shifts and hours, especially if someone calls in sick. You are also able to be cross-trained for the multiple job positions available on campus. There is also some opportunity, depending on how busy the summer will be, to have shifts over the summer.

Aramark also allows for the Work to Learn Program offered at Lakehead University, which makes it an even better opportunity for students.
Fun place for hockey and music lovers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
I clock in, and go to my concession stand. There, I put the float in the till. Then I take orders and take the money for the order. While I pour the drinks, the Runner fetches the food. At the end of the night, I count the float and we all help to clean the concession stand.The hardest part to the job is the cleaning; the most enjoyable part is serving the customers.
Pros
$5.00 meals
Cons
when hockey season is over, not enough shifts.
fast paced and fun
Kitchen Assistant/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS10 April 2017
Very busy days, worked with cadets and had opportunity meet them from different areas of Canada Staff and management was fun and very good to work for.
Pros
inexpensive meals
Cons
long hours back to back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.