Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

I always enjoy my day serving my customers no matter what? because I have a compassion heart.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Food Court, Carleton UniversityMay 2, 2016
Before we start our fun and busy day. The Director, Managers, supervisors and chefs gather us (the workers) for meeting. To remind us about the government Health and Safety Regulations;
how to cope up with stressful situation by a positive attitude especially in dealing with customers.
As far as i am concern, there's no such a difficult job if I love my job and have a positive attitude.
Pros
great benefits
Lot's to do
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
Very busy
Learned to make a lot of different kinds of drinks
Good shift.
Enjoyed learning and doing the catering and doing dishes for a very busy cafeteria.
Not enough hours per week.
Friendly Co-Workers.
Cons
Not enough hours
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long working hours
Camp Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Pros
good people
Cons
pay less
Productive and very fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Great helpfull staff! Had fun while working there. The hardest part of the job was carrying hot and heavy food containers.
This was a good job experience and training
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work was basically the same. My co-workers were hard working people and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
Pros
Sometimes being able to purchase items that had not been sold that day.
Cons
Heavy lifting at times
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
LONG HOURS
Cashier/ Frontline (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
As a cashier or frontline team member is very tough.You have to be flexible and have good attitude to your co- workers.These kind of job i learned a lot.Customer service is the best,I enjoy serving customer everyday in my workplace.i have fun doing my work.
Pros
exceptional
Cons
8 hrs.
bipolar management
excrement cleaner (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABApril 12, 2016
Absolute abuse and personal attacks over created safety issues that make one feel personally threatened and psychologically very unsafe. Does this make sense anyone...bullies are able to harass other staff and management looks the other way since they employ the same tactics. It's an old boys school. New staff are ostracized belittled and fired when they protest the duress or pushed to quit.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the elementary school atmosphere before anti bulleying laws
unorganized
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
Working for Aramark Canada at the princess location was easily the most unorganized and confusing job I have yet to have, from going an entire 8 hours without a break, to the lack of communication between managers. The hardest part was watching the mad show that unrolled whenever someone would call in sick, the only part I enjoyed were the co-workers I met while working there.
The management however, its why I left.
unorganized !!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
Pros
Vouchers for events and food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 29, 2016
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Pros
lunch provided at small cost
Cons
breaks allowed
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Unsupportive management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I've been here for 3 months, have 20+ years of experience in the industry and have rarely seen such disorganization and favouritism in a workplace. Zero job security even for employees with 4+ years of tenure. I will be looking for better employ this month. Wrongly assumed working for a University would be a positive environment with room to grow. Aramark is too distant and large to properly manage this location, they should stick to uniform supply.
Pros
Pay rate, thanks to my experience
Cons
Higher management is lacking oxygen to brains
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Annoying and boring. Really un-creative.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
I make the same food for the same people everyday. Daily special would be uncreative. To many procedures to even enjoy job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Boring
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave eastFebruary 18, 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs