Aramark Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2017
I loved and I njoyed working for Aramark company because their work place was very nice and their workers are very nice to everyone in short it was a nice place.
Pros
They provide free lunch to workers
Cons
Sometimes they ask you to work extra hours
Most unsupportive work environment I have ever worked in
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 July 2017
This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked at. Wrongly assumed working for a university would be a positive atmosphere. I worked at the terrace food court and when the lead manager went on mat leave her replacement created a hostile work environment through bullying and blatant favouritism. Laurier university should be ashamed for handing their food services over to this awful company. Will not be returning to work here in September.
Pros
Cons
Constant shift reductions
Dietary Aid
Dietary Aide, BDHSSA (Former Employee) –  Inuvik, NT12 July 2017
It was a great experience working in a clean environment with a great friendly team. The timing was always a rush, rush. I enjoyed learning, great trainers, and great people all around. the supervisors were helpful and the manager was great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes 12 hr
i like to work in a fun and productive work enviornment
Kitchen Stewart/ Line cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2017
I like to work in a neat and organized place, with hard working and productive people. I learned a lot of different skills over the years working in kitchens, which over the past 4 years I really noticed an improvement in my work. worked long days and even 12 days in a row, with some 12 hour shifts on event days or concerts. I would like to work for someone that I can advance my skills in the same field, or try something new for a change.
Remote camp workplace with plenty of pros and cons
Janitor/Fire Warden (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB7 July 2017
A typical day at work would include basic janitorial duties - sweeping, mopping, dusting - keeping the workplace well-kept to industry and client standards.
I learned a few different minor tricks of the janitorial trade but nothing I haven't already experienced in past work. Learned a lot as a Fire Warden - evacuation procedures, calming influence, leadership, reporting.
Management was great for the most part, but it was stated a few times that head office was preventing them from giving extra hours, they were frequently forced to lay people off, and supplies needed for everyday work were cut short because of budgeting reasons.
The workplace culture had its ups and downs. A lot of language barriers between co-workers, some co-workers were forced to pick up the slack of others even when there was strict timelines set in place for each task, some co-workers were hired by head office without all necessary qualifications (Class 5 license especially) which forced co-workers who did have a license to extend their hours for certain tasks, but overall it was a good environment because Management and Supervisors ensured, to the best of their abilities, that everybody had a prominent role in everyday tasks.
The hardest part of the job was the constant uneasiness about job security because of all the lay-offs, working in freezing temperatures outside in the middle of the night, and the long hours and rotations (21 days on with 10-12 hour shifts and 7 days off).
The most enjoyable part was always being able to stay busy and having something to do, and working for a few co-workers who
  more... were easy to get along with. Also the free and near-unlimited food as an accommodation was pretty enjoyable as well.  less
Pros
Pay, free food, good management, rec room for down-time when not working
Cons
Long hours, long rotations, secluded camp life
Great co workers
Server (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 June 2017
typical day at work is getting set up for the day, getting dining room and servery set up.
i learned more about food management and time and speed adaptation.
management is very good and always willing to adapt to my schedule.
the hardest part of the job at first was time management but overcoming that it is a very enjoyable job.
the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the residents. the serving and kitchen staff also make my job very enjoyable
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Limited shifts
Co workers were great. Got to serve outside by lake it was nice
Server (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON27 June 2017
Enjoyed working there but unfortunately got it was to far out for me to go. If there was something closer would have stayed. The school that Aramark was in was beautiful
Pros
Very cheep healthy food
Cons
To far out in country
Very unpleasant management
2nd Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 June 2017
Very unpleasant management team makes this employer extremely difficult to enjoy. What should have been a highly enjoyable job was ruined by a poor workplace culture espoused by management that tolerates it.
Had good work for me, not bad pay either.
Snow removal/ Janitor as of April 20th (Current Employee) –  Detour Lake, ON21 June 2017
Working with this compant really helped me get on my feet. The people i worked with were just lovely and I enojyed working with all of them. I hope to continue my employment with them.
great bosses and co workers
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  edmonton20 June 2017
I like working for Aramark bosses step in and help when needed and thank you for coming in and doing a great job. co workers are fun to work with and made friends there very easily. fast paced work time management a must some heavy lifting.
working for Aramark
Chef / Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 June 2017
Very hard worker . Keeps staff in control . Over looks inventory and food production . Train staff on food safety . Makes sure food is fresh and always looks good . Keeps hours of production under control .
its fun working over there cause of friendly environment
Runner and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2017
i appreciate all the workers that worked with me and my supervisor is also so friendly and he trained me like his best friend.the environment was also fresh due to which i easily manage to do any work.
Work atmosphere is pleasant
General Help (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2017
I was working part-time at Aramark so I don't really have any specific suggestion about it. The experience was good and people are pretty organized and work environment was fine.
get to meet a lot of people
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2017
It's a busy place,learned a lot of cooking,management likes to decorate the place,some girls are easy to work with,our lunches is free,placeis clean..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
can hide easily
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 June 2017
not enough to do
very boring at times
people are ok
management is lost , very disorganized
pay is somewhat reasonable, benefits are good, weekends off
Enjoyed working with people, fast paced, kept me busy
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 June 2017
Working at Aramark kept me very busy. I like to work and be busy while at work and this opportunity allowed for this. I enjoyed meeting people, working in a fast paced environment and was knows as the "go to person' when extra work needed to be done
Pros
well organized
Cons
didn't always considered raised concerns for health and safety
Good management and good team work
SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
Good workplace they offer on the job training and they give you someone to train you all the job skills.Good management follow company policies, health and safety procedures.
Pros
Employ appreciation
Cons
poor benefits
Most of staff friendly and helpful
Cook and Cashier and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2017
Wish people would thank you more give better increases of hourly paid employees. Would like to be evaluated. Have staff evaluate also. Then get together and talk about increase of payments of staff members.
Pros
Benefits dental drug plan and physio
Cons
Need eye glass coverage. Need to be more appreciative of staff..
aramark
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
this company is good, but there is no benefits for anyone even if they are full time. the hours are good, the wages are good, and the people i work with are like family.
Fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 May 2017
I made many friends and my experience was good. I learned new things all the time and enjoyed helping others. It was very fun and I enjoyed working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.