Aquent

Aquent Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You have 60 days
Technical Writer (Former Employee), BoiseJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: watched like a hawk
You have 60 days to prove your worth. If you can't prove yourself or fit in with the group you are assigned to, you'll be let go. Expect to have your work scrutinized at every turn. Even if you are a capable, intelligent person, you won't be treated as such. Far too much emphasis is placed on how much time you are spending working on tasks as you are expected to document and track each and every task you do. You practically spend as much time documenting what you did as you do conducting the actual work assigned to you. Then, you get called on the carpet by your project manager because you are not doing enough work. With the work I was doing, it was your classic "Catch-22": The client demanded no mistakes, there was a constant flow of work, and yet you were expected to get it done with no mistakes. The more mistakes you made, the bigger target you paint on your back. Almost impossible to succeed in such an environment. Biggest favor they did for me was to let me go. So, do yourself a favor - go find a job somewhere else.
Responsive and connected to their contract employees
Temp Executive Assistant @ Expedia (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Touch base meetings with recruiter and account director, active communication of their employees' value to the client.
Cons: Limited opportunities for executive assistant assignments
As a contractor, I enjoy the touch-base aspect of the recruiter and account director, reaching out on a weekly basis (on average) to check on how the assignments are going, if there's anything that needs addressing, and being VERY responsive when a sensitive or timely issue arises. The employees are knowledgeable, friendly and driven with purpose in mind (in a good way!). They communicate directly rather than passive-aggressively so there is understanding on all sides.

I learned that they can be your best advocate if you are open and provide them with ample information to work with.

The hardest part is not being permanent with them. Aquent would be a GREAT organization to work for!
Helped me get my foot in the design door.
Graphic Design Temp (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: access to jobs because of reputation.
Cons: placed into some dysfunctional atmospheres.
• I was a design temp and was placed into some jobs that I otherwise would have not had access to.
• I learned a tremendous amount in a short time. I was placed into environments who needed a designer to fill a void for someone who was on vacation or fill a spot vacated by termination. That meant I had to not only learn the companies entire system but also learn the job that went with it. It taught me to adapt and ask any questions in a streamlined manner to achieve the desired goals.
• The co-workers were very knowledgable and helped place me in jobs that were interesting and different from what I would most likely target in a personal job search.
• The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable in that I was forced to step out my comfort zone and learn and produce on the fly.
Great company -- IF you are considered their "A-list" talent
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2012
God forbid you are a talent with less than CS6 or Art Director experience, they will hardly look at you. You're better off looking on your own. They will only pay attention to their "A-list" talent, and leave everybody else struggling in the dust.

They don't even care about talent that has been with them ever since the beginning (or quite close to it), which is the REAL disgrace. Have been pretty disgusted with them for awhile, even wrote the president of the company with my concerns, and NO reply.

HORRID management style. Would've rated them 0 stars if I could. I have tried and tried to resolve some issues, but nothing. Why work for a company who practically thinks you're obsolete/worthless?
Aquent provided excellent support through a very difficult assignment.
Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: access to great advice from my contract agent
Cons: a truly confusing leadership structure on the client side that thwarted excellent results, but we managed!
Aquent as a staffing agency was terrific. The client situation was the most challenging I've seen, but for me it was an excellent learning environment that I wouldn't have missed.

My co-workers were outstanding, but the reduction-in-force that I walked into after day six was very tough.

There was never a typical day, but it was so satisfying to continue to push through and make things happen amid chaos. I felt like I provided some stability and I truly helped through the changes.
Great Agency with Helpful Recruiters
Copywriter (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Pay, having a recruiter "on your team, " and new opportunities to connect with the industry
Cons: Very pricey health insurance and no paid holidays or time off
The recruiters at Aquent are great about working with talent. During the hiring process for my current contract position, my recruiter was very helpful and encouraging and has continued to check in regularly to make sure that everything is going well. Aquent has also provided opportunities to connect with other talent to form a community. Working with Aquent has been a great way to better understand the market, as my recruiter has always been upfront about what's available. They are always willing to work with talent and constantly thinking about people they have placed in the past for other opportunities.
Productive and Fun Working Placement
Web Data Analyst at Microsoft (Contract) (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 18, 2014
Aquent gave me the great opportunity to work for a technical company, such as Microsoft, as a Web Data Analyst. This job helped me in improving my communication skills with my team, being more familiar with Microsoft Outlook and working constantly on the DRI platform that I used to do my work. One enjoyable part of the job is we had a ping pong table to play around and share laughers. This helped in resting my mind and bonding more with my coworkers. A challenging par of the job was attending our judgment meetings to discuss and decided on finalizing queries.
Great agency to work with
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2015
Pros: great culture, talents agents are wonderful to work with, love the emphasis on work-life balance
Cons: none that I can think of
I just celebrated one year of working with Aquent. Although it is a contract position, I couldn't be happier or more impressed with Aquent and their talent agents. They truly care about their employees, their concerns, they keep in touch and check in often. The company has a huge emphasis on work-life balance, which is so impressive and refreshing. I have nothing but great things to say about my experiences with Aquent!
Great way to consult/freelance or transition to a permanent job
Marketing & Communications Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: well organized, helpful support staff and leadership
Cons: short-term assignments
Aquent invests in its talent pool. They understand their clients and work hard to match talent with needs. The support from account managers, VPs and HR staff is very good. Lots of online collaboration. This is a great way to work part-time or full-time. They offer a menu of benefits including: health insurance and retirement accounts.
My job at HP was great but has nothing to do with Aquents abilities.
Microsoft Logo Certification Test Engineer at HP (Former Employee), Houston, Tx.January 30, 2015
Cons: you'll never hear from them again once you're hired.
Once your recruiter places you into a position you'll never see or hear from him again. You have to ask for raises yourself or better positions because Aquent will not do it for you. All Aquent wants is to reap the money they receive from placing you in a position. You are just a number to them.
It's a nice laid back place to work
Proofreader (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 2, 2015
Aquent is actually the contract/talent agency I worked through so most of my contact with them was by phone but I always found them to be informative and available. There wasn't a great deal of job security the second time I worked through them but that's really a statement on the company where I was placed more than Aquent themselves. Generally speaking, they were helpful in transitional situations and job situations.
Great place to work for marketing talent with connections
Part-time Marketing Contractor (Current Employee), ChicagoAugust 4, 2015
Pros: cute calendars with their talent, easy time reporting apps
Aquent makes it easy to contract. If you're not in need of benefits and have a network, Aquent's staff makes changing assignments and time reporting (admin stuff) super easy.

If you're looking for career advancement or advice on when to ask for more money on assignments, etc., it's not the place for you. It's a very self-directed environmnent
Fantastic Agency to Work For
Graphic Designer, Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 5, 2012
Pros: great positions, reputable clients, responsive agent
Cons: difficulty finding a position that was temp-to-hire (only contracts)
Aquent placed me in great positions with reputable companies. I enjoyed every job, but in particular my agent was what made Aquent a joy to work with. She regularly called me with feedback from my managers and asked me for input as well. I truly felt that she was an advocate.
Great assignments, slow to assign though
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2013
Various assignments with some great companies. Like to hit the ground running. Can help teach about being flexible. Management is pretty good, except sometimes they forget that there is a real person out there struggling to live. Hardest part is not knowing when the assignment will end. Best part is meeting great people & the wide variety of projects.
Great way to learn about the city
Freelance Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2012
Pros: it was always something different and a great way to find my way around a new city
I worked in freelance jobs for Aquent as short as 4 hours and as long as two years. It was a wonderful way to learn the city and have a chance to wear many hats. I worked on some of everything, from design and production management for packaging, to photo assisting and high-end PhotoShop work.

July 16, 2013

Be aware not very reliable recruiters, very slow and will not loo after you

Great People, Uncertain Strategy
Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2014
Pros: managers trust their employees, great vacation plan, solid benefits.
Cons: upper management strategy changes more than it could/should.
I started as a temporary contractor, and ended up at the company 2 years and counting.

The employees are smart and talented, but are sometimes hampered by frequent changes in direction (without clear data backing these decisions).
Very smart and innovative company
Large Accounts Operations Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2015
The leaders within Aquent are very smart and strategic at leveraging their employees' strengths; giving them opportunities to use them and challenge them with projects that make them feel fulfilled and impact the company overall.

Aquent has great internal initiatives to acknowledge hard work and innovation. They want to make sure the culture is a place that is enjoyable for everyone.
Productive and fun workplace with a great environment.
Account Director (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: unlimited vacation
I learned an entirely new side to staffing, the Creative, Marketing and Analytics space which was challenging and exciting. I worked with a smart, passionate and talented team. The most challenging part of the job was to secure new clients and the most enjoyable part was the open environment which allowed people to bring the best of themselves to the job on a daily basis.
Few job opportunities in Ohio market
Marketing Contractor (temporary) (Former Employee), Columbus OhioMarch 24, 2015
Few contractor job opps available in Columbus Ohio area. Client (company) I contracted with was unstable, in turmoil, a reorganization occurred and many Aquent contractors lost jobs and are still unemployed to this day. Aquent was unable to assist displaced contractors due to lack of accounts in central Ohio.
Aquent
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits package, national agency
Cons: no pto for long-term contractors
Great agency to represent and market your resume. Great benefits package, rare for contracting company to offer. Agents are very personable and care about you. Great career builders in that they offer all sorts of classes to help in progression of your career.
Headquarters