Get Pumped About Your Career!
An exciting opportunity is waiting for you at Ontario’s fastest growing dewatering solutions provider. Aquatech, a recognized leader in the supply (Sale/Rental/Turn-Key) of specialized Pumps, Dewatering Systems, Dredging Equipment, HDPE Pipe Fusing and all related equipment and services for construction, quarries and mines, municipal and industrial sectors of the industry, is looking for the best and most dedicated individuals to join its team of professionals.
If you are someone that believes you are or can be amongst the best at what you do, and can achieve more than you have if you were part of an organization that fully stocks, supports and delivers engineered dewatering solutions and pumping equipment and services, then come join the Aquatech team!
The Project Manager/ Estimator is a member of the Dewatering Team who will use their senior background and experience in pumping applications to ensure the management and coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This entails: planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating all assigned engineering work; monitoring work for compliance to applicable codes, accepting Aquatech’s engineering practices and standards; ensuring effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and departments. The Project Manager will have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize technical problems when engineering groundwater control solutions for a variety of applications. The Project Manager will design these systems and have a strong technical knowledge of hydrogeology, geology and fluid mechanics as well as understanding Aquatech’s commitment to comprehensive quality installation, monitoring and service, while adhering to all regulatory and environmental considerations.
- The successful planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of all projects;
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects;
- Design comprehensive dewatering systems through conceptual design, basic engineering and detailed engineering phases. Basic project cycle phases will be expanded to include: Identification of opportunity; pre-feasibility study; feasibility; Implementation; efficiency and service monitoring; decommissioning;
- Requires extensive regular contact with clients which includes site visits;
- Locate and source available projects for tender and attend tender site meetings;
- Review project drawings and specifications, project specific geotechnical reports, hydrogeological reports and environmental reports;
- Develop detailed groundwater control solutions for all sectors of construction including the Environmental, Heavy Civil, I.C.I. (Institutional, Commercial, Industrial), Tunnel, Mining, and Municipal / Private Infrastructure sectors;
- Develop and design multistage groundwater treatment and filtration systems for site specific applications related to groundwater and surface water control;
- Will be working within a team of Engineers, Hydrogeologists, Project Managers, and outside consultants as well as interfacing with Governing Regulatory bodies including Municipalities, Conservation Authorities and the Ministry of the Environment to help aid the procurement of all necessary dewatering related permits;
- Maintain and organize project files, production tracking, and summary of project invoicing, and;
- Act in compliance with Aquatech’s Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in mechanical or civil engineering, earth sciences or related experience;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association, Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association is considered an asset;
- 5 to 7 years experience in hydrogeological, geotechnical or civil engineering (construction and industrial sector);
- 5 to 7 years experience in dewatering, pumps, generators and pumping systems (diesel hydraulic and electric motors, centrifugal trash pumps, fluid dynamics, hydraulics and pneumatics) or related field;
- Complete understanding of: hydrogeology, geology, liquid characteristics and fluid properties; pressure relationships, fluid statics and energy loss; pumping systems, variable flow characteristics and system impacts; pipeline properties and friction losses; pump curves and efficiencies;
- Experience in: centrifugal pump performance and impeller classifications; pump operating conditions and duty points; level and pressure control modules, auto dialers, flow meters, valves, vents etc;
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, interpersonal, customer service, negotiation, organizational, computer literate (AutoCad) and time management skills, and;
- Sporadic exposure to outdoor weather, shop and job site conditions.
If you are a self-motivated, talented individual who wants to join an exciting new team and are ready to contribute, develop and be challenged in a fast-paced, quality-focused environment, please send your resume to:
AQUATECH - HR Department
E-Mail: hr@aquatd. com
**Please include the position title on all correspondence and on the subject line of all emails.