Title: Store/Inventory Manager
Created Date: 16/02/14
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reporting to: Ownership
Employment Type: Full-Time
This job is for the corporation of Aquabatics Calgary LTD which also encompasses the businesses of Roof Racks Calgary and Splitboard HQ. We are an established family run business that focuses on Kayaking and paddle-sports in the summer, Backcountry safety and splitboarding in the winter and roof racks as a year round sales component. We require someone to be an integral part of our day to day operations while playing a key role in the future growth and development of our organization. The successful candidate will be someone who has a strong background in sales/retail management and is driven to help grow our business and sales.
This person will be the focal point for ensuring the quality and culture of Aquabatics remains intact. We are looking for a confident, driven individual who can work independently and with ownership whilst bringing their own passion for the outdoors and sales into our organization. The successful candidate will be a charismatic, honest, hard worker who would like to call Aquabatics home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service in the store, candidate must become very familiar with our product lines quickly. Will be a key person in regards to on the floor selling, and also dealing with customer concerns or questions regular staff are unable to deal with
- Inventory control, re ordering, placing special orders, pre-season orders etc.
- Completing all reporting requirements on predetermined schedule
- Engaging in Weekly sales/strategy meetings
- Managing shop staff, ensuring that productivity is consistently high, and that staff are focused and providing outstanding customer service.
- Responsibility for weekly staff product knowledge sessions and annual staff training
- Setting and achieving weekly, monthly and annual sales targets.
- Providing and implementing ideas for driving sales and traffic to the store and website
- Involvement in cost management strategies as well as annual budgeting
- Involvement in implementing a long term operations plan for the business by modelling it off a franchise style system
- Collaboration with other senior staff to set up marketing plans, promotions, deals etc both on an annual planning basis and ad hoc sales.
- Daily answering of general enquiry emails in a professional and timely manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Additional Information
The above is a very general job description. It will be a very dynamic position with days often varying greatly in responsibilities/tasks at hand. Generally speaking however, the employee will have a list of long term goals/tasks, weekly/monthly goals and tasks, then day to day operations responsibilities.
There will be plenty of support from ownership in relationship to the ongoing tasks/goals, and, although the position will require the ability to multi task and work self-directed, the owners realize that direction and consultation with the employee is vital to keep everyone on the same page and succeeding.
In reality for this position we are looking for experience over qualifications. However, any sales based, marketing or business management studies completed would a bonus for any applicant.
Years of Experience Type of Experience
4 + Outdoor industry based retail sales, sales and management responsibilities
2 + Paddlesports and/or splitboard experience
2 + Time spent controlling inventory and placing orders, dealing with vendors, sourcing discount product, co-op marketing dollars etc
2 + Time thinking about and implementing cost control efficiencies in a business/organization. Also time spent brainstorming/implementing processes to help maximize productivity.
Skills and Abilities
- Very strong working knowledge with Microsoft Suite (especially excel) and Microsoft Dynamics RMS (retail management system)
- Great communication skills are a must. This will be with all level of personnel and our customers, from coordinating with ownership to managing staff, brainstorming with our web team and lead instructor to talking product with clients.
- Proven record of sales ability and experience
- Familiarity with marketing ie print, radio, social media
- Relevant Personal experience with either Kayaking (flat or whitewater), Stand up paddle boarding and/or Splitboarding
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, good judgment, and competence
- Ability to work independently in a semi- directed setting and prioritize own workload.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks in an environment with frequent interruptions.
Skills and Abilities – Additional Information - Summary
This position will require great communication skills with a range of personnel. As listed above, the employee will need to be able to handle themselves professionally in a wide range of situations, including though not limited to: dealing with vendors, task delegation, brainstorming and implementation with ownership, selling on the shop floor, staff discipline, trade shows etc; all this within the scope of quality and culture that we want to keep within the organization.
In summary, we are looking for an exceptional individual to work with in order to help us achieve our short and long term business goals. The successful candidate will be in this for the long term, and will have a drive, motivation and communication skills to tie all the above requirements in together to really make things tick within the Aquabatics Calgary organization.
The remuneration package for this position will be commensurate based on experience. There will be a commission based component to the job role for the correct candidate.