APTEAN: YOUR SUCCESS. OUR PASSION.
More than 9,000 customers around the world rely on Aptean to give them a competitive edge. By providing innovative, industry-driven enterprise application software, Aptean helps businesses to satisfy their customers, operate most efficiently, and stay at the forefront of their industry. With extensive knowledge and clear technology leadership in focused industries, Aptean's software enables its customers to transition from being merely competitive, to becoming market leaders. This competitive edge—The Aptean Edge—is born from solutions reflecting industry best practices, and services that are specifically focused on helping customers meet their individual business goals, profitably. To deliver on our customers’ goals, our whole operating ethos is underpinned by:
- INTELLIGENCE: We work in partnership with our customers to support the realization of their business ambitions. Our solutions and services are high-quality, practical and meet/lead to specific outcomes.
- INTENSITY: We work with vigor and enthusiasm. We are energetic, dynamic and responsive to customer needs and our approach to work.
- INTEGRITY: We are honest, forthright and operate with integrity. We deliver results.
As a Web Developer, you will be an integral part of Truition’s Development team. We are looking for a creative thinking team player, who is able to work under challenging timelines and proactive in collaborating with different groups within the organization. In the role, you will work closely with the both Product Management and Professional Services team in providing creative web design and development solutions for our core platform and our clients. Web Developers are responsible for the layout, visual appearance, and usability of a site as well as ensuring that sites perform and display identically across browsers designated for support by our platform. The Web Developer should assist in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions and understand project and development plans. To learn more about Truition eCommerce, please visit - http://www.aptean.com/en/Solutions/eCommerce
- Research and design of new features or improvements to existing application features
- Analysis of business requirements and functional specifications to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Take responsibility and ownership for the quality of all deliverables
- Implementation of business logic as a part of the overall e-commerce platform
- Support QA in testing developed features formally (test scenarios) as well as informally
- Work with the Operations team to debug issues if an when they arise in production
- Ensuring that all materials on sites are accessible to all shoppers including those with disabilities
- Take PSD (or equivalent) webpage mockups and convert them to W3C compliant pages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science, College Diploma in Programming or Web Development or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of web development experience and solid understanding of web development and design concepts
- In-depth knowledge of HTML (table-less HTML for style and positioning), DHTML, XHTML (DOM manipulation, W3C compliance, accessibility)
- Firm understanding of CSS (positioning, styling, box model, cross browser compatibility, selectors, priorities)
- Ability to transform non-W3C compliant webpages to W3C compliant webpages
- Knowledge of template engines (Velocity etc.)
- Comfortable writing SQL queries. Experience with DB2 is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of the latest optimization techniques
- Experience implementing and customizing content management systems such as Drupal, Joomla etc.
- A creative and independent thinker who can work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
Indeed - 9 months ago
APTEAN: YOUR SUCCESS. OUR PASSION.
More than 9,000 customers around the world rely on us to give them a competitive edge. By providing...