The ideal Candidate will process and transmit/communicate information and instructions in order to coordinate the activities of the drivers and their vehicles and equipment. Ensure that all deliveries and pick ups are done in a timely manner and that all of the customers needs are met.
- Responsible for all driver communications; providing detailed pick up and delivery information
- Monitor all of the drivers and their progress on a constant basis to confirm the progress of their assignments
- Plan proper equipment for each pick up (FTL or LTL) to ensure that
the trailers and containers are fully utilized in the most cost effective way without creating unnecessary expense for the Company
- Monitor the CN (Canadian National Railway) RV (reservation sheet)
throughout the day to ensure all FCL (Full Container Loads) are being picked up are going to CN and confirming with Linehaul department that they are rail billed to minimize any issues
- Monitor all trailers entering our yard and the DC’s (Distribution
Centres) where we do switches on a daily basis to ensure the correct volume of equipment
- Communicate effectively to CS department regarding any service
delays or failures prior to the occurrence so that they can communicate to the customers
- Assist drivers on a constant basis to find locations, get directions or
call job sites to locate the crew in order to make deliveries
- Monitor our GPS system to ensure all of the drivers are using
proper routes for deliveries and pick ups.
- Provide the main link between the drivers and the freight and theData Centre and Dock operations to ensure the freight is brought back to the yard on timely basis in order for the paperwork to be processed in time for the freight to be offloaded in a timely manner for furtherance
- Provide support and assistance to the Load Planner by taking
notes on any base loads that will affect the load planning or any anomalies that will need to be dealt with in future planning (oversized freight, heavy volumes on certain lanes and details of any particular shipments that require meeting certain customer demands)
- Responsible for ensuring driver performance meets or exceeds
Corporate expectations. Provide bi-annual review of driver performance. Report all violations to Dispatch Manager and Safety and compliance Manager
- Monitor hours of service and ensure all drivers do not exceed hours of service regulations as set out by the Ministry of Transportation
- Review all available pick up’s on the dispatch board and ensure shipments are appropriately dispatched to assigned trucks
- Process all inbound drivers prior to shift completion, double check
the type of the freight that he has on board and advise dock so they can assign appropriate door.
- Monitor driver progress ensuring all pick up and delivery
requirements are met.
- Communicate any service failures to Load Planner / Customer
Service prior to occurrence.
- Communicate to evening dispatch any active drivers yet to be
- Maintain dispatch board clearly identifying shipment information,
truck location and trailer positioning
- Coordinate all fleet maintenance with fleet manager. Facilitate
delivery of equipment to various maintenance and repair vendors.
- Ensure all emergency repairs are handled as per the guidelines
outlined in the operations manual.
- Responsible for ensuring all corporate security policies are
- Perform any other reasonable duties assigned or directed by
management as necessary to ensure the continued financial
success of Apps Cartage Inc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel, customers, clients and outside industry contacts
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written
- Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting
- Strong knowledge of dispatch operations in the transportation industry
- Good analytical skills in planning and organizing
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Must be organized and able to handle the pressure of meeting deadlines
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use a wide range of practical problem solving skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Three plus years experience in Operations(Dispatch) within the truck transportation industry
-Minimum high school Diploma with continuing education in the truck transportation inductry - CITT
- Preferred: Two years college diploma with continuing education in the truck transportation industry - CITT
Truckmate and MS Outlook, MS Office (Excel, and Word) and Internert exploere
Shift: 8:00am - 11:00pm Monday to Friday
Salary : $42000.000 and group benefit package
APPS Transport Group is an equal opportunity employer.