Appreciation Events

Appreciation Events Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to learn sales and marketing skills
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), GTAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: excellent learning opportunity
Cons: unstable pay, hours, and poor management
The job entailed a large amount of time making phone calls and building business relationships but as management was lacking and disorganized I found many of my relationships compromised. To much fell through the cracks and as my work required me to depend on my managers and co-workers doing their own work I was often left stranded and with problems – more... that should not have arose. – less
This position has great potential it is a new company and requires lots of direction.
Event Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: experience, bonuses
Cons: not enough work, strickly on call basis
Finding out the correct location of the event and the quickest way of gettting there.
High learning potential - I learned alot of things from talking with the staff visiting the event and also while selling the product you learn alot about the various companies or sponsors who are giving the promotion.
Just one staff works directly with you so that – more... is very favourable because you get alot of direction. The hardest part of the job is keeping track of excessive orders and also making sales when it gets busy and making change.
The most enjoyable part is the interpersonal relationships which you develop along the way. – less
Good company with fun, energetic atmosphere
Contract Employee (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great environment, flexible schedule
Cons: pay structure a little unsound
Was employed at AE for seven years. Overall a great experience; learned a great deal. Unfortunately the opportunity ceased to grow after a certain point and I wanted more.
Long Hours Comission Only
Corporate Event Coordinator/HR Specialist (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 15, 2014
If you put in the extra long hours, then you will go far. You lose your social life and will have weeks of constant driving without any pay. However, if you keep with it for a few months, you will be looking at a 400 to 900 weekly paycheck.
Entry-level
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: commission, weekends off, bonuses, promotions
Cons: long days, some overtime required
There is no experience needed so all new hires must start at entry-level. In my opinion, this is good because everyone has to prove themselves to be promoted. Plus, the company only promotes within. Seniority is important. There is lots of money to be made here. Commission is really good.