Appreciation Events Employee Review

View all Appreciation Events reviews

great opportunities for young professionals, previous experince not required, excellent promotion opportunities
Regional director/trainer/sales rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL8 April 2013
A typical day at work is hectic, busy, crazy and fun. One any given I would make well over 200 phone calls to current or potential cleints, meet with clients, present to potential clients, organize a corporate event, work a corporate event, handle customer service calls and a variety of other tasks.

Managment is extremely hands on in ensuring all employees are trained properly. Promotions are based on hard work and dedication not seniority or experience.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of time required. Often you will work between 50 and 70 hours as your schedule is dependent upon the schedule of your clients. After you build a client base the hours get shorter but you definitely need to put in a year or two of full time work to build that base. Working on commission can also be challenging because while many weeks you earn excellent money but slow weeks can be frustrating. Employees must learn to balance time and budget money to be successful.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the social networking and the training. As a national trainer I was repsonsible for training new employees from all over the country and it was amazing to see these new employees learn, grow and excel in the business.
Pros
fun, exciting, growing company, great resume builder
Cons
commission based, long hours, demanding of time

Other Appreciation Events Employee Reviews

Productive, fun work place with a great amount of knowledge
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 October 2014
Typical day at work begins with a daily meeting and then we each head out to different sections of town. The product we sell, basically sells itself. So that part is easy. Then we head back to the office where we share our experiences of our day. We have numerous events every month and it feels more like family than co-workers.
Pros
Corporate discount, flexible hours
Cons
commission based
Direct Sales company with Advanced postion available
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 July 2014
Call existing and potential customers to generate more leads.
Book appointment and close.
Provide verbal and written presentations
Reach out hosting company for Events planning, scheduling, deliver event promotional material on-site for event advertising & announcement.
On-site event, communicating with & educating customers for product concept, guide the customer to fulfill their needs.
After event customer service to ensure 100% satisfaction.

Time management & cold call skills are the biggest thing I learnt, Cold calling use to be the hardest part of this job, but right now it's not an issue anymore.

People are nice and friendly in the work environment. It's also fun & relaxing.
Pros
You are self-motivated
Cons
No basic benefits