Appreciation Events

Appreciation Events Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Direct Sales company with Advanced postion available
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 13, 2014
Pros: you are self-motivated
Cons: no basic benefits
Call existing and potential customers to generate more leads.
Book appointment and close.
Provide verbal and written presentations
Reach out hosting company for Events planning, scheduling, deliver event promotional material on-site for event advertising & announcement.
On-site event, communicating with & educating customers for product concept, guide – more... the customer to fulfill their needs.
After event customer service to ensure 100% satisfaction.

Time management & cold call skills are the biggest thing I learnt, Cold calling use to be the hardest part of this job, but right now it's not an issue anymore.

People are nice and friendly in the work environment. It's also fun & relaxing. – less
Great Place to learn sales and marketing skills
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), GTAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: excellent learning opportunity
Cons: unstable pay, hours, and poor management
The job entailed a large amount of time making phone calls and building business relationships but as management was lacking and disorganized I found many of my relationships compromised. To much fell through the cracks and as my work required me to depend on my managers and co-workers doing their own work I was often left stranded and with problems – more... that should not have arose. – less
This position has great potential it is a new company and requires lots of direction.
Event Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: experience, bonuses
Cons: not enough work, strickly on call basis
Finding out the correct location of the event and the quickest way of gettting there.
High learning potential - I learned alot of things from talking with the staff visiting the event and also while selling the product you learn alot about the various companies or sponsors who are giving the promotion.
Just one staff works directly with you so that – more... is very favourable because you get alot of direction. The hardest part of the job is keeping track of excessive orders and also making sales when it gets busy and making change.
The most enjoyable part is the interpersonal relationships which you develop along the way. – less
Good company with fun, energetic atmosphere
Contract Employee (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great environment, flexible schedule
Cons: pay structure a little unsound
Was employed at AE for seven years. Overall a great experience; learned a great deal. Unfortunately the opportunity ceased to grow after a certain point and I wanted more.
Long Hours Comission Only
Corporate Event Coordinator/HR Specialist (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 15, 2014
If you put in the extra long hours, then you will go far. You lose your social life and will have weeks of constant driving without any pay. However, if you keep with it for a few months, you will be looking at a 400 to 900 weekly paycheck.
great opportunities for young professionals, previous experince not required, excellent promotion opportunities
Regional director/trainer/sales rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 8, 2013
Pros: fun, exciting, growing company, great resume builder
Cons: commission based, long hours, demanding of time
A typical day at work is hectic, busy, crazy and fun. One any given I would make well over 200 phone calls to current or potential cleints, meet with clients, present to potential clients, organize a corporate event, work a corporate event, handle customer service calls and a variety of other tasks.

Managment is extremely hands on in ensuring all employees – more... are trained properly. Promotions are based on hard work and dedication not seniority or experience.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of time required. Often you will work between 50 and 70 hours as your schedule is dependent upon the schedule of your clients. After you build a client base the hours get shorter but you definitely need to put in a year or two of full time work to build that base. Working on commission can also be challenging because while many weeks you earn excellent money but slow weeks can be frustrating. Employees must learn to balance time and budget money to be successful.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the social networking and the training. As a national trainer I was repsonsible for training new employees from all over the country and it was amazing to see these new employees learn, grow and excel in the business. – less