JOB TITLE Receptionist/Junior Administrative Assistant
SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs all functions related to receiving calls, clients, vendors, and deliveries and directs them to the appropriate individual(s) within the firm. Maintains contact with lawyers, staff and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role will be an asset.
- Receive and record oral information from phone callers or in person, and then communicate it to staff or provide appropriate responses to callers’ enquiries.
- Operate a multi-line telephone console to relay incoming, outgoing and internal calls.
- Send and receive faxed documents and route them to appropriate parties, make photocopies, assist with filing inventory.
- Greet clients and visitors to the law office and ensure proper clearance and routing of such parties in accordance with the firm policies; notify supervisor of difficult situation.
- Maintain, update and distribute firm intercom number list, internal telephone listing and staff names on the telephone system. Set up voicemail for new employees and delete voicemail for employees no longer with the firm.
- Place calls and arrange for conference calls as directed. Relay and receive trouble reports for the phone system and follows up for correction with inter-connect company.
- Receive and record deliveries to the firm and/or individuals in the firm and route them accordingly to the proper recipient.
- Arrange for couriers for staff and maintain record of incoming and outgoing deliveries. Process and distribute incoming mail; stamp and mail outgoing mail.
- Maintain general neatness of lobby, reception area, boardrooms and kitchen.
- Setting up for Meetings with refreshments
- Maintain and update inventory of office supplies and kitchen supplies.
- Assist with banking and occasional supply pickup from nearby suppliers.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Pick up newspaper from first floor security desk, review for media clippings, scan clippings and maintain media files.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to all staff as requested, including but not limited to document production, scanning and filing as directed.
- Provide administrative support for billing and disbursements. Check waybills against invoices and allocate client and administrative numbers as the case may be.
- Provide assistance with the production of corporate and litigation presentation materials.
- Prepare electronic documentation including scanning documents into the network, capturing them and cleaning up documents, if necessary.
- Such other administrative duties as directed.
Resumes will be reviewed and only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview. No telephone calls please.
Indeed - 16 months ago