Appleton & Associates International Lawyers offers an exciting opportunity to work in a boutique law firm known for its innovative work in international trade law. The selected candidate will work with a dynamic team of professionals in a fast paced and collegial environment and have the opportunity to perform a wide variety of tasks.
Our “Ideal Candidate”:
We are seeking a Litigation Assistant who will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support for lawyers practicing International Trade Law in Toronto and in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience as a Litigation Assistant.
- Exceptional computer skills - proficiency in WordPerfect, Outlook, Word 2007, PowerPoint & Excel 2007 required.
- Exceptional grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The abilities to multi-task, prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A keen interest in international trade or international law.
- A strong work ethic and a cooperative attitude.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Preparing legal documentation
- Editing/formatting law journal publications and newsletters
- Providing documentation and research support for lawyers, articling and summer students
- Assisting with hearing preparations and other administrative duties
- Hours for this position are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with some overtime required
- Unique opportunity to work in an exciting area of law alongside the leaders in the field
- Ability to gain experience in a unique and growing area of law
- Varied and challenging work
- Excellent office environment at our office located in the Bloor Yorkville area, Toronto
- Salary & benefits package commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard