JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant to Managing Partner
SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, the candidate performs a variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties for the Managing Partner, lawyers, legal support and advisors to the Firm. Maintains positive contact with clients and observes confidentiality of client matters.
1. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Managing Partner, lawyers and advisors to the Firm.
2. Makes travel arrangements and coordinates itinerary for the Managing Partner.
3. Acts as client and media liaison for the Managing Partner.
4. Assists the Managing Partner and bookkeeper with financial management and assorted clerical duties.
5. Ensures cheque requisitions for client and firm expenses have proper supporting documentation and approvals.
6. Reviews and processes supplier invoices for payment by bookkeeper.
7. Liaises with respect to Boards and philanthropic activities of the firm
8. Acts as ‘traffic coordinator’ for Managing Partner’s art collection, including liaising with galleries, art vendors, auction houses, insurance companies and art shipping companies.
9. Assists with office moves, purchasing, minor repairs to the furniture.
10. Organizes and coordinates seminars and/or conventions, which the Firm may carry out from time to time.
11. Screens visitors and incoming calls.
12. Maintains appointment calendars.
13. Handles administrative detail with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing etc. as specifically directed by the Managing Partner.
14. Routes or answers routine correspondence not requiring the Managing Partner’s attention and initiates follow-up action as required.
15. Organizes and expedites the flow of work through the Managing Partner’s office, initiating follow-up action.
16. Liaisons between the various internal and external individuals, groups and clients at all levels.
17. Exercises initiative and judgment to relieve Managing Partner of administrative detail.
18. Other duties as required and requested by the Office Manager or Managing Partner.
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar position
- Excellent Word 2007 skills is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent problem solver
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Works well independently and at times, under pressure
- Ability to deal in a professional manner with clients
- Flexibility with work schedule; some overtime required
- Experience in a professional legal environment is an asset