Applebee's
1,729 reviews

Applebee's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fulfilling job as a bartender
Part-Time Bartender (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 6, 2014
I started here as a server and was trained as a bartender in less than a year. It was a very rewarding experience and I excelled very quickly.
Good training program.
Assistant General Manager/Bar Manager (Current Employee), El Dorado, ARNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too many days in a row with over 14 hours a day.
With over 200 items on the menu and new items every 30 days, some of the staff has a hard time keeping up with the specifics.
Daily training and reinforcement of specs are essential to keeping up with quality and service.
The guests being happy and returning are the most enjoyable aspects of the job.
Fun
Server/Training Expert (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVNovember 6, 2014
Fun work environment. Co-workers were lifelong friends. Management was great in the end, but we always went through a lot of different managers.
Fun Workplace
Server/Host (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch on doubles
Cons: no breaks
This was a fun job in high school and for a little in college, but I did not like the long hours with classes the next day.
Do not do it
Manager (Former Employee), TampaNovember 5, 2014
Horrible place to work unless you like to get screamed and sworn at. Long long hours for management with low pay. The stress level is intense.No raises ever!!!!
Marketing / Key Manager, Bartender
Assistant "Key" Manager / Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Plainfield, IndianaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere, always busy and moving, no down time
The best part about working for Applebee's was how team oriented we were. I think that is all because of the managers creating a team atmosphere to influence the employees to work together effectively because tips in return (and revenue) are better for both parties.
horrible job
Server Trainer (Former Employee), Vienna, WVNovember 4, 2014
Pros: no benefits, no advancements
Cons: good money
No credit for your work, no advancement and absolutely no benefits
It was fun, but i couldnt move up as a 17 year old to anything other then a host.
Host (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 3, 2014
Pros: discounted food.
Cons: age limits to qualify.
Not being abel to move forward was difficult for me, since i saw new employees coming in and moving up further than me, though i had been there longer. I grew frustrated and moved on.
Fun and Professional
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Bear, DENovember 3, 2014
Pros: there are so many in the entire us
Cons: only able to work part time
It is a good and fun place to work, as long as you abide the rules you are good to go, notifying management about issues is has the highest priorities.

The hardest part was late night hour when the drinks were discounted and you had to keep the table to a fair amount of alcohol.

The best part would have to be a consistent hours for pay.
Good
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNNovember 2, 2014
The job was great, the customers were awesome, I learned alot about drinks and how to take care of people
Solid Workplace
Server (Current Employee), Griffin, GANovember 2, 2014
Engaged with a variety of customers
I learned how to deal with people effectively.
Management was good most days.
I loved my co-workers.
Hardest part was the customers.
Seeing and talking to my co-workers.
Fun environment with fun people
Waitress/Host (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2014
Pros: food, service, fun environment, and making people happy
Cons: attitudes of lazy people
I typically have a 4-5 table section and make decent money for my current living situation. I am surrounded by coworkers who are more like family.
productive,fun place to work
Hostess/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
wait on tables, take orders,clean my station
customer service dealing the public
great boss
great co-workers
kitchen getting orders right
general public
family fun
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Dickinson, NDOctober 31, 2014
amazing work experience.
my co workers are awesome to work with
Good
Line Cook (Former Employee), RochesterOctober 30, 2014
Amzing work environment, friendly co-workers, good pay, amazing customers... good support
Couldn't go down with a burning ship
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: made good money, and got a good number of hours.
Cons: erratic management and customers, staying after work beyond late some days, hectic shifts
A very busy location, customers were often hard to deal with but I got along just fine. Was great at waitressing so I eventually moved up to bartending after requesting for the position several times. Duties included taking drink and food orders, running drinks and food for everyone as a group (no free hands policy), and tending the bar. Co-workers – more... often squabbled, management was majorly disorganized and often showed unfair favoritism. The GM was very strict but we usually were running good shifts with him there. He was eventually called to help bring up another store and left the other managers in charge. It was pretty much downhill from there. I had to look for new employment after the store ran out of everything from ketchup to steak due to poor management. The hardest part of the job was demanding schedules, staying way later than scheduled, difficult customers, and frustration with co workers. The best part was when things were busy and flowed nicely, the pay was good, plenty of shifts, and we got to meet a lot of cool people which I enjoyed. – less
okay
Line Cook/Server (Former Employee), lakeland flOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
Long hours. Good people. Management needs work. Okay pay.great costumers.
Excellent Staff and Wonderful Management
Line Cook (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great co-workers, awesome food
Cons: everybody loves applebee's, so we're swamped with work
Honestly, being a line cook isn't as bad as it sounds when you're going to work here at Applebee's. When it comes to "We'll see you tomorrow" as their slogan, it applies to us workers as well; not in the sense of "oh, here we go again" kind of feel. It's more like "I honestly can't wait to work with the guys again."
Fun workplace and awesome fellow employees.
Mesero (Current Employee), Bayamón, PROctober 28, 2014
Pros: fun workplace and fun employees.
This job can be mentally and physically stressful, but also very fun. I must serve food quickly and efficiently. Being the public face of a restaurant isn't an easy job as it is often the server who takes the blame. I carry heavy trays filled with plates of food and beverages and spends a lot of time on my feet. I've learn from working in Applebee's – more... is patience, initiative, be interested, not nosy, always be friendly, smile and overall, be humble. – less
Energetic and fast paced environment.
Server (Current Employee), Athens, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere.
Cons: no benefits and not full time.
A typical day at work consists of striving to keep each individual customer happy. You constantly mult-task and keep track of multiple things at once. Your memory has to be sharp and your attitude has to be perfect! The management and the rest of the staff are all excellent and work well together. The hardest part of the job is striving to advance because – more... I do not want a career in the food industry. I love working with people and do well at my job. – less

About Applebee's

Come grow with us! Apply today to work with the largest casual-dining chain in the world!