Applebee's

Applebee's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun family friendly atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons: no steady hours
I loved working there, the team work was amazing the managers were very interactive with the employees and guest.
Good People to Work For
Bartender/Server/Key Employee (Current Employee), Westlake, OHDecember 20, 2014
The local company that owns the franchise does a lot for their employees
Good money if you work well under streess
Host (Current Employee), Williston NDDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good tips
Cons: managment
It's a fun and good place to work. Managers are understandable but they don't know how to handle stress. Always getting new co-workers so you meet new people every day.
Fun and Interactive Environment
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Chester, VADecember 17, 2014
During my time at Applebee's I have learned a number of things. I have learned how to provide excellent customer service to guest to ensure that their time in the restaurant was a fantastic one. I have also learned how to ensure that the guest needs are always met within a considerable amount of time. Sometimes the servers are a bit busy and need are help the most of all. A manager of mine notably said the the host is the most important job because we are literally in charge of everything. We are the first people to talk to a guest walking in. We control where the guest go and when. We have the power to disrupt the flow of everything in the restaurant if are not doing our jobs right. If we people to much stress on the servers, that in turn puts stress on the cooks because they have to prepare however means meals they are being bombarded with, which in turn puts a strain on the manager to figure out why everything is in chaos. The host is undoubtedly the most important job.
It was a fast paced environment that I got to advance my customer service skills at
Waitress/Server (Former Employee), Fridley, MNDecember 17, 2014
Most of the staff was very team oriented and polite as well. There was quite a few things that I learned, such as:
• Utilized exceptional customer service while caring for a multitude of customers with diverse needs
• Have thorough knowledge in organizational skills, appropriate cleaning procedures, closing procedures, opening procedures, and dishwashing procedures
• Extensive education in time efficiency, high volume multitasking, table presentation, complementary teamwork, goal specifications, employee coordination, motivation and confidence building
Host
Host (Former Employee), Anderson OhioDecember 17, 2014
It was Great working at Applebee's. experiencing multitasking was unique. Learning from different employers everyday was taken seriously because each jobs had their own completion.
very fun and productive
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: always learning something new.
Cons: 45 minute waits
I really enjoyed my experience at this job.
It was probably the hardest actual job I've had and it took me a little bit to catch on, But once I did I loved it. Although it got very busy and sometimes was a very hard task, the feeling of accomplishment afterwards was well worth it.
And the people I worked with we're amazing.
ok job
Server (Former Employee), Meridian MsDecember 15, 2014
I loved my job and would love to go back I loved meting the new people everyday
Serving an amazing group of guest each day
Server (Former Employee), Clovis, NMDecember 14, 2014
Very enjoyable environment to work in, enjoyed karaoke nights 2-3 nights a week
Great atmosphere and fun company to work for
Waitress/Host (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: no health benefits for waitress
I really enjoyed working at Applebee's it was a great company had a great staff and managers! The money was very good also it was placed in the perfect location, especially around the holiday's.
amazing
Server (Former Employee), Little Elm, TXDecember 12, 2014
An amazing place to work at with very friendly employees.The managers work with your schedule to the best that they can which is amazing.
Horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee), Okemos, MIDecember 12, 2014
Cons: management
A typical day involves prepping food, cooking food and cleaning the kitchen. I learned the basic skills of food preparations... Management was horrifying. Staff took more of a leadership role than the managers. The hardest part of this job was the structure of responsibility in the kitchen.
Job that was not dependable
Server (Former Employee), Yuma AZDecember 12, 2014
Hard work for little pay
No flexibility on scheduling
Co workers were amazing
not dependable income
Cool place
Host (Former Employee), Napa, CaDecember 10, 2014
If you are looking for a temporary job, this could be perfect for you. They [have variable schedules, different duties to do during a shift.
Very family oriented place to work for.
Key Manager (Current Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: one free meal per shift for the b.o.h. and 50% off for the f.o.h. and staff that wasn't working
Cons: very stressful because of the amount of business we would do in such a short period of time.
Very team oriented. Really will take the time to teach and coach staff to their full potential. They allways took the time to show each individual staff member how the food was prepared and even let them taste it to better be able to discuss the menu items with the guests.
great food, and the people are great too
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people and sometime help them
Cons: hours, doesn't have anything to do with what i want to do with my life.
people with all type of problem come in the store every day. you never know who you going to meet what type of entertainment you going to get each day. I love the people at Applebee's I like how when you already know the regulars name and what they want and where they want to sit. How a simple act of kindness can change someone entire day. the hardest part of my job is when its really busy and we are on a wait but people try to sneak in and just sit themselves now it your job to tell the other customer that are waiting what happen and you'll try to find a sit as soon as possible. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you come in and you just know you going to have a great day. I like how everyone is so nice even most of the managers. it a really cool place to work for now.
Enjoyable environment, enjoyable staff
Waitress (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 9, 2014
Pros: availability, the money on weekends
Cons: inconsistent income, never knowing when i will be getting off work
A typical day consists of me coming and checking my section, making sure that it is cleaned before I have guests seated and waited on. I then begin serving tables accordingly and bring them whatever they may need, that we can provide at Applebee's. I have learned how to become the best server I can be. I have learned to be reliable for shifts that may need covered. I have learned responsibility and owning up to mistakes made and fixing them. I have learned how to work in stressful situations and to help or assist servers when needed. When it is extremely busy, I feel that I don't have the time to give my full attention to each and every tables needs, but I do my best because when they are happy I am happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different kinds of people and making there day or evening by giving them a great experience while they dine in.
line cook
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 9, 2014
The job at Applebee's is an ok job, however, I do not see any longer term potential working at this place. I am currently working there part time. I know the restaurant business very well and am looking for something new and exciting. I would prefer not to say anything negative about where I am working at this time however I also don't have too much good to say.
productive and fun place to work
COOK (Former Employee), las vegas, nvDecember 9, 2014
i enjoyed my shifts i worked, my co workers were fun and hard working. Everyone came to together as a family on busy nights and got through it together.
excellent kitchen with great working equipments and tools
Line Cook (Former Employee), North NaplesDecember 8, 2014
Pros: we had choices, when we got to work we made ourselves something to eat before we start our day.
Cons: we had two 15 minuites break a day
My day at work was basically preparing all the food of the day for service and i really learned how to run a line of cooks. management was okay they were straight forward and fair with there staff, my co-workers were okay as well we had so much different nations working there so we got to know each other , the hardest part of my job would probably been when working with some co-workers who could not have speak english and and the most enjoyable part of my job was the challanged when he had a big rush of customers to serve.

About Applebee's

Come grow with us! Apply today to work with the largest casual-dining chain in the world!