Applebee's

Applebee's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast-paced & long hours, good upper management & business strategies
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good salary, good opportunity to succeed
Cons: long, long hours.
Good company to work for, but management shifts are long and unevenly delegated amongst the management team. Typical casual dining environment. This company also understands the impact that thorough marketing implementations have upon sales, and strives to innovate new ideas into the business model.
Applebee's
Hostess, To-Go, Expo, Server (Former Employee), North Conway, NHMarch 18, 2014
Having a job at Applebee's is like adopting a huge family, everyone who works with you is willing to help you out, and you're always willing to return the favor when the time is appropriate. The few jobs I've had while working here have helped me learn to multitask in different ways.
Management has always been there to help out. They felt like just – more... as much of family members as anyone else you worked with, they were helpful and kind, they did what they could to help you out. – less
Fun work place!
Server (Current Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLMarch 18, 2014
I just started working here and i love it already. My coworkers are friendly. I love the management team.
Grossest Restaurant Ever
Server (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: no one cares if you do your job right (if you consider that a pro)
Cons: where do i start?
Let me start by saying that if I had not worked at other restaurants as a server, then I would have never succeeded through training. They gave me no handbooks concerning the menu or the computer to study. The menus (covered in grease and other filth) don't even list the sides that they offer. The servers who trained me have been with the company for – more... 30 and 18 years. One let me learn some while we worked, the other bullied me and literally pushed me out of the way when I was trying to enter an order for her. I "trained" for 4 shifts, then worked a double on my first serving shift. They made me take computer tests on the second, third and fourth day. I had tried my best to learn the menu by watching what was being taken out to tables and listening and asking questions, plus I took a menu home and did my best to memorize it. I passed the tests, but ended up taking each one a few times. The videos they showed me were useless, too.
When I say the restaurant was gross, I mean it was GROSS. Every plate, every fork, soup spoon, coffee cup, salt shaker, dessert menu, etc. had something sticky or stuck to it. I mentioned this a few times to management and got nothing but blank stares and shoulder shrugs. My final shift, a woman unrolled a silverware and it had a big, green dried up piece of lettuce stuck to it. No one cares at all in this restaurant and I take pride in any work that I do. That is why I knew that I wouldn't last at Applebee's.
Also, there is this person who has worked there for 10 years (all employees seem to have either worked there forever or only 3 months), and all she does is scream and cuss. She is seriously mean, never smiles, and literally screamed up into my face when I asked her if she needed a bandaid for her bleeding finger.
There is a hostess who doesn't bother to brush her hair, tuck in her shirt, or pull her pants up over her butt crack. Seriously, these are the people representing this company. It was a joke. – less
A great place to start a career
Bar Manager (Former Employee), Alcoa, TNMarch 17, 2014
Pros: meal plan and great co workers
Cons: lack of growth potential and minimum bonus potential
I was taught a great deal by my co managers. They made sure I was well versed in the PnL of the restaurant and helped me to the best of their ability. The hardest part of my job was the constant fluctuation of my schedule and the best part of my job was the satisfaction of helping people and making sure that every time they left my establishment they – more... were happy. – less
Productive, Fast Paced, Enjoyable
Cook (Former Employee), Williston, NDMarch 16, 2014
Pros: one free meal, friendly environment, fast paced
Cons: breaks
Most days were very fast paced and there was always more to do. The management was great for the most part. They were part of the team and would jump in anywhere to help, ultimately boosting moral and mood of the kitchen!
Overall it's okay
Hostess, Carside, and currently Serve (Current Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 16, 2014
Pros: 50% off food, flexible
Cons: no breaks, bad hours, childish
Applebee's is kind of a childish business. Most people are on drugs including a few that are actually drug dealers. 80% of the employees smoke which is a hassle. It is extremely difficult to ever move up and everyday seems to be a joke.
Great team to work for, almost like a second family
Line Cook (Current Employee), Greenville, TXMarch 16, 2014
Pros: 30% discount when dining in
Cons: no breaks for kitchen, frequent new hires
Co-workers here could vary from the hardest working of people to those that just skated by. This includes management. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with high volume nights, but this is easily overshadowed by the mood and energy of your co-workers and management who always make it a fun experience.
Exciting workplace and excellent management
Waitress/Server (Current Employee), Pelham, ALMarch 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on meals
Cons: short breaks, side work, compensation
A typical day at work included making sure that my section was properly cleaned, ensuring that my assigned side work for that day was completed to comply with health and safety regulations, suggesting beverages and meals that paired well together, and making sure that every customer received excellent service and an exceptional experience.
At this job – more... I further enhanced my skills in customer service and dispute resolution. I also learned how to work well in a fast-paced work environment and to work as a member of a team, as well as working well on my own.
The management at Applebee's is by far one of my favorite management teams I have ever worked with. The managers are understanding, helpful, and I enjoy working with them.
I enjoy working with most of my co-workers, many of them are hard workers and also team players.
The hardest part of my job was customer dispute resolution. There are many things that go in to ensuring a great dining experience, and some of those things were not under my control (i.e. food preparation). When a customer is unsatisfied with their meal, I must ensure that it is properly fixed.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I provided someone with an exceptional dining experience. – less
It was a good place to gain experience
Server (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 15, 2014
work days flew by when it was busy, i learned the basics of serving and customer care, management was less than mediocre
FAST PACE WORKPLACE
Food Prep ∙ Stocks ∙ Soups ∙ Salad ∙ Fry Cook (Former Employee), NEW YORKMarch 14, 2014
Pros: lunch at work
Cons: overtime
I LEARNED HOW TO COOK MANY DIFFERENT MEALS. I WAS IN EARLY AND OUT EARLY FOOD PREP.
Fun and communicative job.
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good treatment
Cons: little hours
A typical day at work is talking to amazing costumers helping them grab a sit , bringing their food and helping them chose what delicious food they want. I love all of our managers they are always trying to help us and understand us.The hardest part of the job is carrying many dirty dishes as once but i can handle it. My most enjoyable part of the job – more... is talking to the costumers helping them and seeing that satisfaction on their faces when you help them. – less
Productive and a fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very long hours sometimes upwards of 11+
It takes a certain individual to be a assistant manager at a restaurant.
Nice Enviorment
Host (Former Employee), Havertown, PAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: nice people
Employees are very nice. Loved working there. And the Managers are awesome.
Fun and energetic team members and managers
Server, Expo (Current Employee), Hastings, NEMarch 11, 2014
Fun, energetic, and never boring environment. I've meet some of the most interesting people, both co-workers and guests that come in. The Management has come and gone and we have had several since we opened 2 years ago. I got along with 90% of the people I worked with. The managers mostly because I've been in their shoes before with a previous employer. – more... Remembering everything you have to is probably the hardest part of the job, but it comes easier the more you work and deal with it on a every day basis. Meeting the people that I've meet are gonna be a part of my life for a long time. – less
blah blah
Server (Former Employee), Corbin, KYMarch 11, 2014
job it is a job you can do it and you cna make pretty good money i dnt know wht it is making fill out these for every comaopany
A normal bar/resturant experience.
Bartender (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fun neighborhood bar and grill.
Since I have worked in this location for over three years now, I have become very knowledgeable about the neighborhood. I have many regulars and address all of them by name and know what they drink. The hardest part of the job is keeping my hungry drinkers calm while their food is taking a little longer than normal but I have learned how to keep them – more... entertained during the wait. – less
Fun Place
Service Trainer (Former Employee), CollinsvilleMarch 10, 2014
Great place to work. Opportunities to advance are available for those who work hard.
Pretty stressful but fun
Server (Former Employee), Mission, KSMarch 9, 2014
Pros: ability to make more the more you work or the nicer you are to your tables. easy money
Cons: they close at 12 weekdays and 1 weekends.
Come in, wait on tables, clean, then leave. Mangement is pretty fun, co-workers are really fun, waiting to tables is hard work but it can also be fun, tips are very fun.
great job that keeps me busy.
Neighborhood Expert (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the envirorment
Cons: pay
I love my job it's wonderful. My guest and employees make my day.