Applebee's
1,255 reviews

Applebee's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment to work with food
Car-Side Server (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMarch 25, 2014
Lack of management and unorganized
Fun derived from customers and atmosphere
Excellent Place To Work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work
Cons: nothing negative to say
The staff is excellent and the owner is amazing. She goes the extra mile to help the staff. Wonderful and Professional place to work.
It was a fun work place
busboy/hostess (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: new people every day
Cons: unfriendly peers
The other employees didn't make me feel very much part of the team, but I liked the work I was doing. I liked to meet the new customers and always having something to do.
productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Picayune, MSMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is walking in the door, clocking in, doing a ten point station check to make sure your section is ready for guest. When the clock strikes 11 o clock, guest began to enter and that's how your day starts. You learn how to grow patient with guest and other people. You also learn your guest. The management is great, and co-workers – more... are always friendly. the most enjoyable part I love about the job is I always smile whether I'm having a bad day or not because someone there is always going to make you smile. – less
Fun fast pace environment to work
Server Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 24, 2014
A great fast pace environment to be in. I enjoyed interacting with our customers and helping our servers. The staff was wonderful and very excited to be there. I learned how to host as well as take small to go orders, and run the dish tank. The best part of being there is that there is never a slow time and you are always doing something and staying – more... busy. – less
LOVE the workers, hate the system
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 22, 2014
Pros: yummy food, fun to hang with co workers, energetic atmosphere
Cons: no breaks in our shifts, keeping your patience with unruly guests and ridiculous schedule
I love the people I work with at the Bee. Working there has really brought me out of my shell and helped me to be more social. Everyone is very helpful and we work together to help things run smoothly as possible. Management leaves something to be desired at times. The kitchen can be messy and disorganized. Hardest part of the job is the feeling that – more... you put so much effort into pleasing your guests and catering to their needs to be left with a tip of $3 but such is the way of the restaurant business. Best part of the job is working with your friends and getting a good payback when you work hard serving your guests. – less
Fast-paced work environment with fun people
Host/Car-Side Specialist (Current Employee), Petaluma, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: tips for multiple positions. free lunch for expediters.
Cons: minimum wage. varying work hours.
Applebee's in Petaluma is a fun place to work at filled with interesting and funny co-workers who are skilled and helpful. The customer base is always pleasant. The management is great! All these together make working at Applebee's a great place to work. The hardest part of the job is learning all the menu items when you first start, but after that – more... is learned, you are on your way to succeed. – less
I was in charge of controling bar costs and bar training
Customer/Bar and Facilities Manager Responsible (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMMarch 21, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: late hours 3-4am getting out
Applebees was a good place to work. This was a very busy store .I learned a great deal about the bar business . The management team was very new to the business . The crew was loyal . There was great turnover due to the oil business . The guest was the part I liked the best.
fun and fast paced
Server (Former Employee), warrensburg moMarch 21, 2014
I loved the time I spent at Applebees learning skills that I will find handy in any career I choose in the future.
Busy environment to work in but my co-workers made everything easier for me.
Busser (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 21, 2014
Being the only busboy, I didn't get all the credit and appreciation that I should have from management. My co-workers were the only reason I liked working there because I gained a lot of friends in the process.
great place to work
Bartendar/Server (Current Employee), Bedford, OHMarch 20, 2014
im happy i had a chance to learn new things and be confident in my work place
Manager Training Restaurant
FOH Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 20, 2014
Focus on food & beverage safety, franchise leader in cleanliness and safety.
Mentoring both new hourly employees and new managers.
productive clean envirnment fun safe place to eat.
Host (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 19, 2014
The Kent apple bees is a nice clean restaurant to eat.
customers were satisfied with their service with all of employees.
Managers were very helpful in many different ways.
When there was work to be done they were on top of it.
Great place to work and make friends
Server (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 19, 2014
Enhances personal and customer service skills in the restaurant industry. Teaches how to multitask, work well in a team setting, follow specific instructions, and the "customer is always right" mentality. It is difficult sometimes to deal with pesky or irritable guests, but the rewards of the job overpower the difficulties.
Very Productive
Car-side To Go Specialist (Former Employee), Dumfries, VAMarch 19, 2014
Aquia Mcdonald's location is a great place for advancement. Very fast-paced but easy to catch on. Family work environment for sure. Enjoyable part of the job would be assisting customers and teamwork among other co-workers.
Fast pace environment
Bartender, Server (Current Employee), Baldwin, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: short or no breaks
I've learned how to cope in different situations, and improved on my people skills. My co-workers are great. We all get along and work together to make the restaurant run smoothly. The hardest part is not being able to have a set break, especially if its busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a table leave satisfied.
A great learning environment.
Host/Server/Expediter/Cook (Former Employee), Dumfries, VirginiaMarch 19, 2014
A place that helped me learn many skills. I met interesting people and learned a lot from them. It is a great place to learn customer service skills. It also has managers in place that care about their employees. Team environment.
fast-paced & long hours, good upper management & business strategies
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good salary, good opportunity to succeed
Cons: long, long hours.
Good company to work for, but management shifts are long and unevenly delegated amongst the management team. Typical casual dining environment. This company also understands the impact that thorough marketing implementations have upon sales, and strives to innovate new ideas into the business model.
Applebee's
Hostess, To-Go, Expo, Server (Former Employee), North Conway, NHMarch 18, 2014
Having a job at Applebee's is like adopting a huge family, everyone who works with you is willing to help you out, and you're always willing to return the favor when the time is appropriate. The few jobs I've had while working here have helped me learn to multitask in different ways.
Management has always been there to help out. They felt like just – more... as much of family members as anyone else you worked with, they were helpful and kind, they did what they could to help you out. – less
Fun work place!
Server (Current Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLMarch 18, 2014
I just started working here and i love it already. My coworkers are friendly. I love the management team.