Applebee's

Applebee's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun co workers
Server (Former Employee), Pueblo, COOctober 9, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: everything else
Aside from the hardworking, fun staff, I have nothing good to say about working at Applebee's. It was a huge waste of time and made me dislike the corporate restaurant scene.
Pleasant Working Enviroment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Seaford, DEOctober 8, 2014
Pros: employee discount on meal, somewhat flexible schedule.
Cons: lack of employee benefits, long work weekends.
Applebee's provides a pleasant working environment. Overall an enjoyable place to work, great employees, positive guest feedback, and room for advancement.
Quick to excel
Hostess/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2014
Pros: helpful managers, helpful team members
Cons: long shifts
Greeted guests providing comfortable seating and wonderful service.
Listened to customer concerns, apologized for the matter, tried to help solve any concerns, and thanked customer for service.
presented hospitaility for guest.
Productive place to work but bad hours
Expeditor (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced, however, management isn't consistent. Co-workers are fun to be around however, there is too much profanity used in the workplace. I've learned from management not to make promises about hours an employee is going to receive while only giving them two to three hours a day and only two days a week.
Best Experience
Server (Former Employee), Independence, MOOctober 7, 2014
I had only been working in the restaurant business for a year when I came to applebee's and it is the place where I truly enjoyed my job. It didn't matter how many hours I worked because I was always having a good time while working. I made great friends with my coworkers that last beyond the walls of the restaurant. The managers truly listened to me – more... and work with me to help me out when I was struggling with work and school balance. I was able to take time off to go and be with my family as well. Overall, this was the place where I fell in love serving. – less
fast paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee), york paOctober 6, 2014
i enjoyed working with company, did more then just one thing. also had me learning new positions so i can jump in when needed.
BAD EVERYTHING
Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 6, 2014
Cons: short breaks short hrs and disrespectful co-workers
Very disrespectful place to ever work for. Management talks to you any kind of way and the big bosses thinks its ok for them to do so. The cooks there aren't great at multi-tasking and all the waiters and waitress are too young and lazy to finish a task.
dysfunctional workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 6, 2014
Certain managers would yell and scream at waiters/waitresses while under pressure, very unprofessional. No one employed there could handle pressure.
Very fast paced and busy
Server (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLOctober 3, 2014
I was very please with the repeat business and the reliable money.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Hostess/Car-Side To-Go Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTOctober 3, 2014
Pros: discount on food for employees when they go on break.
Greeting customers with a smile and seating them at a table. I learned the table numbers. Us hosts would communicate through the headset. I became a host trainer at Applebee's. Also when we go on a wait, its 3 minutes for every 3 names. I rolled silverware as well as waited on tables. You have to bring the drinks out to the customers 30 seconds after – more... they ordered them, and then take their order as well. I loved working as a server and getting to know some of the regular customers and the days they came in, as well as them liking to sit in a certain spot. The hardest part of the job was getting to know every food item and what's in it (in case of allergies). – less
Average Place to work
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Former Employee), Ashland, KYOctober 2, 2014
2 shifts AM-PM
Some long shifts.
Coworkers were young and inexperience in a working environment.
It was there when I needed a job.
Exciting, yet overwhelming
Hostess (Former Employee), Byonton Beach, FLOctober 2, 2014
The day would start out being, slow and we would get pops and become very busy. Coworkers were very interesting, and having so many tables and attending all of them were hard.
Applebee's
Bartender (Current Employee), Gladstone, MOOctober 1, 2014
Pros: fun teamwork environment
Cons: not enough pay
Some times I bar tend and other days I serve. Bar tending is more enjoyable because you have long conversations with your guests and with serving it is more impersonal and rushing to the next table is you biggest concern. I make drinks for the entire restaurant, run all car-side orders and take tip-out from the servers. Insure all product is not expired – more... and enough is prepped for the day. The hardest part of my job is just keeping up during rush periods. My co-workers for the most part operate as a team and help each other out. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know new people and taking care of the regulars. – less
Fun environment
Waitress (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
I started working there when the store fist opened. After training they didnt give me the schedule I asked for. Since I didn't have a car I couldn't work closing shifts and after complaining multiple times they never changed it.
Great organization and structure
General Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, KSOctober 1, 2014
Pros: smaller franchise company was very good for communication effectiveness
Applebee's was a very good place to work. As a General Manager, I was equipped with everything I needed to perform well
Fast paced work enviornment
Cook (Current Employee), Antioch, CASeptember 30, 2014
Fast paced, just not for me. Actively seeking stable employment that will work with me and my school schedule starting December 1, 2014.
A fun upbeat work environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Manahawkin, NJSeptember 30, 2014
One of the best work environments I've experienced. the coworkers and management are very friendly. Everyone took pride in making sure customers had an enjoyable visit.
Productive and a Fun Environment. Everyone feels like Family.
Server (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: serving food and taking orders.
Cons: short breaks
An average day at work consists of the day starting out with all the employees setting up the food and condiments line. Teamwork is an essential part of the job for cooks, servers, hosts, and managers. As the hosts seats the guests, the server happily greet the table and make them feel welcomed and valued in the restaurant. Then we take their order – more... and ring it in. If there are special modifications on their food we have to go and communicate with the cooks to make sure we have happy customers. When the guests get ready to pay their tab and leave, we help the hosts out by pre-bussing the tables while they sit other guests and buss the rest of our tables. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everybody works together and that is what brings us close to being family. Also you meet a variety of diverse people, which is exciting. What I learned from being a server is to have an open mind to the different type of people in the world and the most valuable thing I've learned is how to have patience with my customers. – less
Applebees
Hostess (Former Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 30, 2014
While working at Applebee's I met a lot of very nice and hardworking people, if I had the chance to go back, I would gladly pass up the opportunity considering how hard you work for minimum wage of only 7.85 with a tip out of 1% of all sales. I enjoyed working there for the few months that I did but I would never go back.
OK
Chef (Former Employee), Sanford, NCSeptember 30, 2014
I worked for Applebee's for a long time I enjoyed working there with all the people.