Applebee's
1,732 reviews

Applebee's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Hardwork,Great people
Server/Hostess/Carside/Prep Cook/GU (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: the team
Cons: healthcare, days off
Great people from all walks of life. Work was always a challenge. Kept everyone on their toes. Management was great a first, then became a little inconsistent. The food was great quality. I loved the customers who would come in daily. They were sweet people. The hardest part of the job was the way some people presented themselves.
High-powered Customer Service Manager who motivates associates through continual guidance, directions, development and coaching
John Sereduik / General Manager (Current Employee), Stafford, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: unstable support system
A typical day of work should always involve a lesson. Each day should be a new day to grown and learn as much as possible. I have learned alot throughout my several years of working. The most important thing that I have learned is that nobody is just going to stand there and hand out the answers to each and every situation. You must become a sponge – more... to each and every job and situation. Learn as much as possible. The hardest part of work is closet to the end of the day. Whether it be meeting projected sales, reducing labor, or just ending the night with an excellent re-shop. The most enjoyable part of any job should be your guest interaction. You get to come in to contact with people that you have never met before. Then and therefore gives you a chance to impact their life. – less
Cut Throat Burgers and Fries
Bar/Host Manager (Former Employee), Washington, MONovember 17, 2014
Pros: free meals, good but expensive benefits
Cons: minimum 5 10's/week, impossible bonus structure
With an atmosphere run mostly by on paper numbers, it is hard to get a leg up with Big River Restaurant Group. The intangibles, such as floor leadership, employee willingness to work for certain managers, and general effectiveness of managers, are not necessarily taken into consideration. $$$ is the most important factor.
No longer in business
Line Cook (Former Employee), boulder, coNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: just about everything else
Hardly anyone on the adminisitrative side ever does the job that they are supposed to. Only work here if you need a job short term.
Managed poorly, never looked forward to going to work
Waitress/Host (Former Employee), Matthews, NCNovember 15, 2014
Applebee's had a poor work environment alongside management who favored certain employees and let them go home before others. I would not recommend working here.
Fast paced and enjoyable.
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Hudson, NYNovember 13, 2014
A lot of drama brought into the work place. Overall enjoyable, just have to stay out of the drama.
Enjoyed day to day operations
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte NCNovember 13, 2014
I enjoyed my time working for Applebee's. Worked with many great people.
Productive place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Pottstown, PANovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work would include cleaning up the restaurant, coordinating with seating charts, providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for guests.
Fun work place
Server, Food Expediter, and Hostess (Former Employee), Georgia, StockbridgeNovember 11, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: short breaks
Applebees is a family restaurant, We strive to get the best over all service.

I learned to communicate with the customers and the employees.

The only enjoyable part would be the food not coming out on time.
A good high school job
Carside-to-go (Current Employee), Northvale, NJNovember 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: corporate, bad management
It's a corporate restaurant. You're gonna get what you expect. I started as a host and there is almost no money in it especially as a college student. I got moved over to carside-to-goo and it's a little better but the pay isn't enough. The hardest part is when getting hit with a rush to stay calm and cool while dealing with a customer. The most enjoyable – more... part is when it is slow and there is nothing to do. – less
Good
Server (Former Employee), Castle Rock, CONovember 11, 2014
It was a good work environment to start off with.
Learned basic sales, customer service, and money handling.
Service Professional (Former Employee), Madison, ALNovember 10, 2014
• Provided excellent services by seating and greeting guests
• Trained employees with their required job duties
• Prepared Prep Items for shift
• Controlled cash to all guests
It was a good place to work while in school.
Server/Bartender/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Clifton, NJNovember 9, 2014
I had the opportunity to work on my customer service skills as well as learning how to do restaurant inventory and ordering.
N/A
Hostess/Curbside/Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Temple Terrace, FLNovember 9, 2014
Applebee's was a stimulating, fast-paced environment which offered a lot of room for advancement.
A great place to work
Server (Current Employee), west columbiaNovember 9, 2014
Pros: pick your schedule.
Cons: only half off food.
The second i walk in the door i am always ready to take a table. I make sure all the side work is completed before i start my shift, the i complete my 10 point station check. Refilling anything that is low alongside stocking anything low. Then i double check to make sure that my tables are properly sweaped and wiped down ready for my first customer.
relaxed workplace, lots of learning experience.
Hostess (Former Employee), Waterloo, ILNovember 8, 2014
Pros: simple tasks, small town location (lots of familiar faces!)
Cons: long hours, lots of conflict, somewhat unprofessional.
- typical day was somewhat relaxed, though co-worker conflict was almost always an issue.

- through my time at Applebee's I learned: time management, quick problem solving, and customer service skills.

- management was a little unstable during my time at applebees; from start to finish we lost two managers, and gained another two, causing things to – more... be a little iffy for awhile.

- the hardest part of my job was making room for large parties in such a small store.

- the most enjoyable part of my job were team leader meetings, in which we discussed issues and how we could improve. – less
Fast paced, great customers, cheap food.
Service Team Member (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2014
Applebees is a great place to start a career in service. When you are experienced you can take many tables at once and turn them fast, which equals great money. Food isn't bad, and when every team member works together, Applebees can be a great place to work.
Fast growth
Waitress/Host (Former Employee), Seaford, DENovember 7, 2014
My first job that gave me so many opportunities within a short period of time.
love providing excellent customer service to each guest
Server (Former Employee), charleston scNovember 7, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off meals
I learned how be strong minded when dealing with people in general.
Slow
Waitress (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILNovember 6, 2014
Since with this business you need people to make your money, the people just never seemed to come. Especially when it's slow.

About Applebee's

Come grow with us! Apply today to work with the largest casual-dining chain in the world!