1,797 reviews

Applebee's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Environment, Poor Managers
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The managment is horrible. Fratenization and favortism at an all time high. Customers are cheap, but a fun place, nonetheless. Tvs, game night, kids night. Ok, but not worth the fuss. Serving will always its downfalls somewhere.
cook/ dishwasher
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 13, 2015
horrible job there is no organization to the company no opportunity for advancement
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Started when it first opened, what a great concept and fun to work for. Very high degree of training is what you get with the concept, makes everything clear and understandable.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), New Castle, INJanuary 12, 2015
Great with working with people who need flexible scheduling. Fast, upbeat environment, management always showed recognition when it was deserved. Would definitely recommended to anybody looking for a decent paying, flexible job.
family, food, and fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2015
a fun filled, relaxed place to work. fast paced work that was fun and rewarding.
Productive and Safe
Server (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work consisted of making sure customers came in, enjoyed their dine-in experience and invited them to come back. During my time working for this company I learned that a company's success comes from every single body working there. Our management team was excellent as they did whatever they could to ensure the business stayed in top shape. As they did that, my co-workers did exactly the same in making sure customers were happy with everything. All this made my job very enjoyable. Rarely was there anything I hated about working there.
Fast pace and productive
Hostess/ Server/Trainer (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Work as a team but also independently.
Managers are wonderful and play as team players just as employees do.
Most enjoyable part is connecting witrh guest and creating regulars.
Fast pace working environment
Server (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: unfair employee treatment
Working with Applebee's had its good imes, and tough! I loved the recognition for hard work given and shown. You learn how to work with others, meet friendly customers, and peers that support you through rough times. however management was my least favorite to favoring certain employees.
Nice place to work.
Cook (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Applebees is an ok place to work. management was somewhat cohesive and training minimal.
Best Place to Work
Cook (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 8, 2015
I love working here. The management want you to be success and move up in the company. The employees will help in any areas you need to improve in.
Fast paced enviroment with lots of regular customers
Manager, Restaurant Trainer, Server, Bartender (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: feeling comfortable and loving coming into work
Being my first job I succeeded very well and am proud to say that I benefited very much from Applebee's. Starting out as a busboy and working my way up all the way to management. Being a manager I was able to oversee many employees including making schedules, placing food and/or liquor orders and making sure all of the customers are being taking care of properly. Loving being a manger and enjoying coming to work I was noticed by upper management and corporate office and was nominated employee of the month and employee of the year. Being nominated for employee of the year was one of my greatest achievements. Just knowing that your doing a good job and co-workers around your noticing feels good. It was however hard for me to move up to management, having to prove myself even more due to that fact that I had started off small there. Becoming a manager helped me understand how work environments should be ran through the whole of the companies eyes and it was quite an exciting accomplishment.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: get to move, lots of guest interaction, get to see results, get to build and develop your crew members into something great
Cons: communication between management can sometimes be lacking, inconsistency in styles of learning with others, sometimes responsibilities are overloaded on to one person of the management team
The hardest part of the job is the late night clientele. I've worked at some of the more special locations and you learn how best to manage yourself when under direct pressure and making critical decisions for the safety of your store.

Typical day:
Opening shift get there at 8am-6pm or until all prep is complete.
Mid shift 10am-9pm or through volume.
Closing shift 4pm- when closing paper work is completed and restaurant is clean.

Since I had no management experience prior to this I learned a lot. I learned how to manage my time. How to inspire others and how to optimize their productivity through the connections you make with them. How to do line checks, tuck orders, liquor orders, make schedules, recap invoices, deal with corporate complaints, survey complaints, fixing orders. I learned how to cook, food safety, food temperatures.

My co-workers are they best they will bend over back wards for me during the most trying times because they know I will work just as hard as they do. I will help them when they are in need and I have their back.

There are 3 parts of the job that I enjoy the most.
1) When I work the kitchen: setting up everything and making sure that my shift is set up for success. Making sure everything is organized and clean. Opening up my once empty walk-in and seeing just how much I've accomplished in that day.
2) The mass chaos of the late night pop when i'm the only manager in the building and I have to take control of the reins of the store and make things happen and give direction. Being multi-functional and helping where I can to ensure the guest are happy!
3) After that crazy time period when the night's coming to a close and I give everyone praise and pat them on the backs congratulate them for making it through the craziness and pushing through. Thanking them for the hard work and effort they put forth.
fast paced work place, fun people and times
carside waitress (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: have price every time i ate there, meeting new and awesome people
Cons: low pay
I was the To-Go waitress. I answered the phone and took the order, made sure the order was correct in the kitchen, added the condiments and drinks, took the order out to the car, and cashed out the order. I did not make a whole lot at this job, but I loved interacting with the people and loved the friends I made.
Management was a bit confusing, but the work place was pretty good.

I think the hardest part of my job would have to be when it came to the tips. The customers were not aware that, like a regular waitress, tips are allowed, so more often than not, I did not make enough in tips to make minimum wage, which is why they raised my pay.

I will honestly say, I loved this job as well. I loved the environment, the people, just everything. And I was good at my job.
Waiter (Former Employee), Towson, MarylandJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: culture, hours
Cons: financial
Applebee's has been a growing process of learning how to make the best of your selling skills. Hours have been very flexible and adjustable to your life schedule.
Family Restaurant
Cook (Current Employee), Fenton, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Applebee's is a family restaurant that provide guest food and beverage services. As a kitchen cook, I prep and cook food for guest to their satisfaction. Have a an excellent staff and management. At times it can be stressful if you are not full staff on days that are busy. When everyone comes together as a team and performs their work duties to the best of their capability making the day shifts run easier.
Fast paced environment with a diverse crowd
Waitress (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on meals
Cons: poor communication between management, not being paid properly and the companies lack of concern for fixing the problems
arrival at work, get straight to restocking the server area of kitchen and restock my tables, attend staff meetings about new menu items and bar items, when customers arrive i would wait my tables and keep checking in with my customers to see of they need anything, I would hostess or take car side orders when needed, at end of shift I would clean up and help close down restaurant, I liked the people i worked with and i learned how to deal with irate people while staying calm.
Life changing job.
Server (Former Employee), Linden, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Being a server you get to know a lot about other people and other co-workers.
Serving defiantly made me learn to be more patient and understanding with others.
Great way to make money fast.
Co-workers usually helped out when needed. Management was for the most part understanding with scheduling.
flexable schedule, great employers and employees, and environment
Server (Former Employee), Summersville, WVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good environment and people
Cons: no health coverage
Loved working with people. Learn about teamwork, and making customers happy. Their happiness made me happy and met a lot of good people. I am easy to get along with and a hard worker.
very friendly atmosphere
Waitress, Hostess (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: not enough hours
very clean and run fairly well loved working with the customers and managers always gave credit where credit was due
friendly
Waitress (Former Employee), charleston, scJanuary 5, 2015
My coworkers were very friendly and we tried to make the restaurant a happy and comfortable place to dine

About Applebee's

Come grow with us! Apply today to work with the largest casual-dining chain in the world!