Applebee's Employee Reviews

Applebee's
Dish washer and Line cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On22 July 2013
Applebee's was fun to work at because there were many people around to work with and it made easier to go through the day. We were allowed to listen to music and that made it easier to work in. I learned how to work properly in terms of managing my time appropriately how to cook my new things. My co-workers were nice and easy to get along with and it was very multicultural. My managers and supervisors were also nice and did the best they could to help out and provide for me, The hardest part of the job for me was the rush of orders on a busy night however I enjoyed the atmosphere the best.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
Not enough working hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cook helper (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 June 2013
Every day, when I arrive at Applebee's, I change into my uniform. Afterwards, I am given certain jobs by my supervisor. I either wash dishes, clean, prepare side dishes, or prepare desserts. The managers are serious but also fun to work with. They know their priorities. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the weights and ingredients of food. The easiest part of the job was washing dishes.
Largest Casual Dining Company in the World
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Cambridge, Mississauga28 January 2013
Typical day included team meetings and communications, reviewing SnLs, ordering, line checks, expediting during service, touching tables, dealing with guest concerns, following up on cleaning duties, making adjustments to labour, etc.
I always pay attention to equipment/plumbing/refrigeration repairs looking for ways for pre-emptive maintenance or solutions for simple repairs. I'm computer savvy and learned a lot about the use of Facebook/Twitter/Four Square in regards to restaurant marketing. I understand the power of team dynamics and how to perpetuate a positive atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job is also the most rewarding. That is, bringing a group of people together that can get along and strive to promote the business as a team, and still be able to behave professionally under stressful situations. When you have the right team, the job is very enjoyable.
Pros
free meals
Cons
It had an enjoyable environment to be in and everyone was very kind.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2013
Was usually very busy, there was never a time for a break. Overall I enjoyed with working with most of my co-workers and I had great managers. There were many stressful times when there would be a huge rush but I was able to get through it. Overall it was a great job.
fun place to work but isnt for me.
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 January 2013
I enjoyed this job only because I like to work but management at this location made it a bad experience.
Fun and easy going
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia10 January 2013
Fun and really great enviroment. The people were easy to get along with and management was easy to talk to and very understanding of anything you had to say to them.
Pros
great people
Cons
closed down
a good place to start a career
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 October 2012
the work is hard but rewarding. the people are nice. im a new immigrant and they are really patient to me because my english is not good
Pros
decent tips
Cons
works only at nights
Fun place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 October 2012
Started as a prep-cook worked up to supervisor.
My hours were set Wed-Sun 8am -4pm.
Lots of practices and procedures to follow.
Lots of guidelines.
Pros
guidelines
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2012
stress and good work hard and stress of weekend night shifts co worker is good
Pros
free but 50% off
Cons
some time not take break time
A makeup Factory
Line Cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 May 2012
Its not for everyone, u have to like factory work
u start as a temp aswell
Pros
easy work
Cons
line work same routine