Applebee's

Applebee's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Average restaurant job
Manager (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: acheivable bonuses
Cons: late nights
training is bad at best
revolving door of managers
not a well organized franchise
A building filled with drama and teenage coworkers
Server/ Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
I am held to a different standard then most of my coworkers because they get away with not doing their jobs, while I can't help but to be detailed in doing mine. Only certain managers enforce rules and health codes.
FAST PACE FUN
CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE
CASHIER
Busy and fun workplace
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Seymour, IndianaJuly 14, 2014
Working at Applebee's was fun for me. I got to meet people from all walks of life. I enjoy serving people I worked extra hours whenever someone was willing to give up a shift to me. I got along well with all the employees and managers.
i like when everyone dose there job thats fun to me
Line cook/ prep cook / breakfast cook (Former Employee), new york n.yJuly 14, 2014
Pros: we got to eat the food at 10% of the cost
Cons: i don't like that breaks are only 30 mins
it goes by fast because work is being done.
i learned how the company runs and do my job
if management does there job well things run good
i like when they work
when your co-workers are lazy
when we all work with each other to get the job done in a timely fashion.
Productive company with a great working environment
Host (Current Employee), Hurricane, WVJuly 13, 2014
The working environment was great here. The employees and managers were easy to work with and always assisted in anything that needed done. I love putting a smile on customers faces when talking to them and serving them when needed.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2014
My typical work day consists of preparing for the day and night shift. Setting up the line with correct temperatures, measuring cups, tasting product and making sure that labels are up to date. As a manager, I would prepare all administrative work for day and night, check and make sure that there is enough staff for each shift and count all the money – more... and go to the bank. When we start to get guests, I would make sure that I have attended to all guests needs and make sure that every guest leaves happy.

I have learned that hospitality comes a long way because it shows guests that you care. I love to make my guests and employees happy because that makes me happy. I have learned patience and responsibility plays a big role as a manager.

As a manager, you have to have dedication and pride not only in your work but also in your employees and guests. Management in any type of establishment is a challenging role. They challenge themselves everyday for the work that they have to do and going up and beyond their job.

Co-workers can be fun or even difficult to work with. Sometimes they just need to be trained better or want to learn skills from other people. Everyone is different and that is what makes a team. We all have different skills but putting together our weaknesses makes us stronger.

The hardest part of the job is getting positive feedback from others about the job that is being performed. When your bosses praise you about the managers need to give positive feedback which we do but they don't say anything to us about doing our job it makes us feel down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team. When we walk in the doors and we are all in a good mood, you already know its going to be a great shift! – less
Great place to begin a career
General Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2014
Fun place to work, fun people and loads of experience. This is a great place to begin a career ion the food service industry.
work went well
JANITORIAL (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2014
well it was good place to work at for a year i learned how to clean the parking lots my co-worker was very friendly to me everyday i walk in to work the hardest part was cleaning tables the most enjoyable part of my job was getting everything done
Good job throughout college
Carside/Server (Current Employee), Westampton NJJuly 11, 2014
A typical day include: taking orders, resolving issues, and being attentive. I've learned time management and organizational skills.
General Customer Service
Server (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: working with the staff, short hours, great tips
Cons: health care, short breatks
A typical day at Applebees would be to come to work in nice attire and clean appearance. Making sure your section is nice and tidy before customer come into the restaurant. Greet the customer on time and make sure that their food and drink order is to their satisfactory. When the shift is almost over, it is a good idea to start on the end of shift details – more... such as dishes, clean your section, and roll silver wear. At this job i learned that customer service is very important and good communication with staff is necessary to make the shift go smoothly. Management did a great job at making sure your job was done correctly and gave advice when needed. The co-workers were very helpful when you were busy and seemed glad to be of assistance. The hardest part of the job was working with difficult customers. I enjoyed working with the staff and offering customer service to people. – less
Productive day
Chef (Former Employee), Peterstownship Pa 15317July 10, 2014
Pros: free food
Prep station and stock for lunch and dinner. Management was great and helped out in what ever way they could.
Family restaurant atmosphere
Server (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 10, 2014
Hectic work days.
I've learned how to provide great customer service in different situations.
Management was the worse I think anyone could experience.
My co-workers were great and are still my good friends today.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the inconsistence of the pay.
The most enjoyable part was being around different people – more... and being able to serve customers. – less
Applebee's
Server, Food expeditor, Hostess & Cashier (Former Employee), Marshall, MIJuly 10, 2014
With professionalism I trained new employees on safety guidelines, company policies and procedures as well as individual and team responsibilities. Excelled in up selling and suggestive selling to increase sales and customer satisfaction. Tabulated tickets at customer’s tables as well as over the phone for carry out orders. Cleared tables and cleaned – more... them for new customers to quickly be waited on. Maintained a clean, safe and pleasant work environment for my customers and teammates. Excelled in teamwork in all positions. Was very efficient as food expeditor, making sure all the food had proper garnishes before leaving the window and was the proper temperature, and being served promptly. As a hostess I seated the door quickly and accurately. Efficiently kept a prioritized waiting list when hosting. As a cashier, I had cash handling experience in high volumes. I was able to deal with the high volumes proficiently and accurately. – less
It was a fun yet hectic environment to work in.
Server (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work included:
•Taking customer orders.
•Entering customer orders into the computer system.
•Cleaning tables.
•Restocking condiments.
•Rolling silverware.
•Cleaning my section at the end of my shift.
•Making sure the customer had the best possible experience.
Applebees
Hostess (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2014
Awesome company I worked for them as a hostess for two years at different locations. I also trained upcoming hostess. Coworkers we very freindly and management was always good.
clean workplace but had alot of issues
Fry cook (Former Employee), Sturgis, MIJuly 10, 2014
this specific job was unorganized and management had no control.
Good place to work.
Certified Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 9, 2014
Management needs work but overall a good job. Happy to be there.
Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Server (Current Employee), Valley Stream, NYJuly 9, 2014
I worked both lunch shifts and dinner shifts here at Applebees.
I love working for this company
Hostess (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Cons: wish i could be full time
The restaurant upholds a great environment, the people are lively... makes you feel at home, I think "the neighborhood grill" was a good advertising name