Applebee's
1,458 reviews

Applebee's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun atmosphere with lots of work to keep busy.
Service/ Kitchen Professional (Former Employee), Kendallville, INJuly 19, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, 50% discount of meals, flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks, mandatory weekends and holidays, high stress
Management team was the best I've ever had in a workplace. General Manager was extremely understanding and flexible as well as easy to work with. Co-workers became some of my closest friends. I learned how to cook, prep, and take care of guests in the dining area as well as hard work, stamina, outstanding customer service, and taking pride in a job. – more... The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult guests, especially during the busiest times of the day when you feel overwhelmed. – less
Personal Summary of Applebee's Killeen, Tx
Server (Current Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great way to improve your social skill's and meet new people
Cons: co-workers prevent room for advancement cause what affects one employee affects all.
I am interested in Excelling in this Field, but, do not see room for Advancement. I do ,however, like the Environment and The skills it can provide me. The best way I can describe this job is organized Chaos. I am Currently looking for another job.
good work place
cook (Current Employee), Mansfield, CTJuly 18, 2014
applebee's is a great place to work.it has great management and employees
Fun and great mamgement
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great and fun enviroment and good management
Cons: a lot of hours doubles to make money
I had a great experience, I got great hours and they trained me to do my job right. the customers in my location were a little on the younger side and it took a lot of hours there to make money but i did make it.
I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Key Hourly (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TnJuly 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, seeing regulars, just having a good time
Cons: being shorthanded, a 2 hour wiat list.
Depending on if I was part of the management team, serving, expoing, or car side would depend on my duties. They could be anything from setting up the floor plan to making sure the duties were done for opening. I could have duties to do myself if I was serving that day.
We had a very good team that woked together and all got along like family.

Just – more... dealing with the public was an enjoyable part of this job. – less
Worst company to work for!
Server (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, fast-paced, learned alot about the industry.
Cons: not enough money. bad hours. horrible management.
Im all about customer service, up-selling, meeting different people all the time and making people remember their experience by giving them great hospitality as well as a few good laughs. This was my first serving job and I really found myself here. I learned a lot about the food industry as well as hidden talents I didn't know I had. Unfortunately – more... management here was poor in character. I was harassed by a regular customer of 8 years and instead of my manager sticking up for me I was fired. The best part of this job was always being on the movie and the adrenaline you got from being able to accomplish so much! The hardest part was being short staffed and having to work the job of 3 people. – less
Productive and successful workplace
Fry Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYJuly 17, 2014
A typical work day was slightly hectic but organized, we always referred to it as "organized chaos"
Fun workplace, unprofessional management
Hostess (Current Employee), Waycross, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: cash tips, using communication skills
Cons: unprofessional management, hourly pay, not enough hours
During a typical day at work I work 6 hours at the max, which is not enough hours for only being paid $4.50 per hour.. I learn new things everyday from our customers. The management is very unprofessional with how they clearly show favoritism. I love my co-workers, they are the most enjoyable part of the job besides helping customers. The hardest part – more... of the job is all the work I do for little pay. – less
Average restaurant job
Manager (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: acheivable bonuses
Cons: late nights
training is bad at best
revolving door of managers
not a well organized franchise
A building filled with drama and teenage coworkers
Server/ Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
I am held to a different standard then most of my coworkers because they get away with not doing their jobs, while I can't help but to be detailed in doing mine. Only certain managers enforce rules and health codes.
FAST PACE FUN
CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE
CASHIER
Busy and fun workplace
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Seymour, IndianaJuly 14, 2014
Working at Applebee's was fun for me. I got to meet people from all walks of life. I enjoy serving people I worked extra hours whenever someone was willing to give up a shift to me. I got along well with all the employees and managers.
i like when everyone dose there job thats fun to me
Line cook/ prep cook / breakfast cook (Former Employee), new york n.yJuly 14, 2014
Pros: we got to eat the food at 10% of the cost
Cons: i don't like that breaks are only 30 mins
it goes by fast because work is being done.
i learned how the company runs and do my job
if management does there job well things run good
i like when they work
when your co-workers are lazy
when we all work with each other to get the job done in a timely fashion.
Productive company with a great working environment
Host (Current Employee), Hurricane, WVJuly 13, 2014
The working environment was great here. The employees and managers were easy to work with and always assisted in anything that needed done. I love putting a smile on customers faces when talking to them and serving them when needed.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2014
My typical work day consists of preparing for the day and night shift. Setting up the line with correct temperatures, measuring cups, tasting product and making sure that labels are up to date. As a manager, I would prepare all administrative work for day and night, check and make sure that there is enough staff for each shift and count all the money – more... and go to the bank. When we start to get guests, I would make sure that I have attended to all guests needs and make sure that every guest leaves happy.

I have learned that hospitality comes a long way because it shows guests that you care. I love to make my guests and employees happy because that makes me happy. I have learned patience and responsibility plays a big role as a manager.

As a manager, you have to have dedication and pride not only in your work but also in your employees and guests. Management in any type of establishment is a challenging role. They challenge themselves everyday for the work that they have to do and going up and beyond their job.

Co-workers can be fun or even difficult to work with. Sometimes they just need to be trained better or want to learn skills from other people. Everyone is different and that is what makes a team. We all have different skills but putting together our weaknesses makes us stronger.

The hardest part of the job is getting positive feedback from others about the job that is being performed. When your bosses praise you about the managers need to give positive feedback which we do but they don't say anything to us about doing our job it makes us feel down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team. When we walk in the doors and we are all in a good mood, you already know its going to be a great shift! – less
Great place to begin a career
General Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2014
Fun place to work, fun people and loads of experience. This is a great place to begin a career ion the food service industry.
work went well
JANITORIAL (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2014
well it was good place to work at for a year i learned how to clean the parking lots my co-worker was very friendly to me everyday i walk in to work the hardest part was cleaning tables the most enjoyable part of my job was getting everything done
Good job throughout college
Carside/Server (Current Employee), Westampton NJJuly 11, 2014
A typical day include: taking orders, resolving issues, and being attentive. I've learned time management and organizational skills.
General Customer Service
Server (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: working with the staff, short hours, great tips
Cons: health care, short breatks
A typical day at Applebees would be to come to work in nice attire and clean appearance. Making sure your section is nice and tidy before customer come into the restaurant. Greet the customer on time and make sure that their food and drink order is to their satisfactory. When the shift is almost over, it is a good idea to start on the end of shift details – more... such as dishes, clean your section, and roll silver wear. At this job i learned that customer service is very important and good communication with staff is necessary to make the shift go smoothly. Management did a great job at making sure your job was done correctly and gave advice when needed. The co-workers were very helpful when you were busy and seemed glad to be of assistance. The hardest part of the job was working with difficult customers. I enjoyed working with the staff and offering customer service to people. – less
Productive day
Chef (Former Employee), Peterstownship Pa 15317July 10, 2014
Pros: free food
Prep station and stock for lunch and dinner. Management was great and helped out in what ever way they could.