Applebee's Employee Reviews

Lots of families, Very small.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton Ontario23 August 2015
Very small, not a great turn over rate. Mostly families and elderly people. Most of the guests were regulars. Cheap food so making money was kind of hard.
Pros
early hours
Cons
never busy
Fun and easy going
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia10 January 2013
Fun and really great enviroment. The people were easy to get along with and management was easy to talk to and very understanding of anything you had to say to them.
Pros
great people
Cons
closed down
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2012
stress and good work hard and stress of weekend night shifts co worker is good
Pros
free but 50% off
Cons
some time not take break time
Fun workplace but few opportunities for career advancement
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2015
Worked for the company for 4 years before being laid off due to economic difficulties. Easy going work environment, health and safety retraining every few months. Not an idea place to work if you actually want to grow in the hospitality industry. Tips were pretty bad each week.
Team Work
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON31 August 2015
working together like a big happy family getting crushed on line we would put the radio on and sing and crush orders out with a smile.
Applebee's
Dish washer and Line cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On22 July 2013
Applebee's was fun to work at because there were many people around to work with and it made easier to go through the day. We were allowed to listen to music and that made it easier to work in. I learned how to work properly in terms of managing my time appropriately how to cook my new things. My co-workers were nice and easy to get along with and it was very multicultural. My managers and supervisors were also nice and did the best they could to help out and provide for me, The hardest part of the job for me was the rush of orders on a busy night however I enjoyed the atmosphere the best.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
Not enough working hours
well organized and great management
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 October 2013
well working at applebee's i learnt how to accomplish task even faster in a very high paced environment , management was always on top of the tasks at hand and it made everything more organized and simple.
This location closed down, but I loved working there.
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Brampton5 June 2015
I would come in before opening and clean up the dining room, prepare children's menus (by packing crayons and a coloring sheet into little brown bags) then help with kitchen prep work. once the doors opened, seating guests and cleaning tables were my main duties.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Long Friday shifts
Family oriented restaurant
Hostess/Server, (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  thunder bay, ontario5 May 2014
Kind management with reasonable requirements. Friendly atmosphere. Learnt serving experience.
fun place to work but isnt for me.
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 January 2013
I enjoyed this job only because I like to work but management at this location made it a bad experience.
Bad as a dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2014
One manager was very good and treated the employee's well. As a dishwasher you don't want to fall behind so you would work 8 hours straight (except for when the good manager was in, he would get someone to cover while you went on break). The hardest part was working 8 straight hours without a break which happened on most days. In my position there wasn't too much that was enjoyable about the job. A typical day involves showing up and having a lot of dishes already waiting for you from lunch. When you finally get caught up the dinner rush comes and then you just try to keep up. When you catch up again and closing time comes you get all the cooks equipment to clean which keeps you there even longer. At the old Applebee's they would have 2 people during dinner rushes and when the rush was over you would have time for a break, but it seems like they got cheap and now only use one at all times. As well a lot of the times (except for the one good manager) the managers would clock you out a early while still expecting you to finish cleaning all the cooks things, as well as the dishwasher area, therefore making you lose hours. The co-workers were great to work with. The only enjoyable part of the job was receiving the tip out money.
Pros
tip out money
Cons
no breaks, early clock out
Productive and fun workplace
Cook helper (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 June 2013
Every day, when I arrive at Applebee's, I change into my uniform. Afterwards, I am given certain jobs by my supervisor. I either wash dishes, clean, prepare side dishes, or prepare desserts. The managers are serious but also fun to work with. They know their priorities. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the weights and ingredients of food. The easiest part of the job was washing dishes.
Nice and Friendly
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2015
Work at Applebee's was a great experience because I got to work with people who were older than me so I got a chance to learn and gain experience from my workers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Mississauga
excellent customer service
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2015
3 times a week i open the restaurant make sure everything is prepared such as salad bar, sauces, drink stand
weekend i was one of the top server.
i provided excellent customer servers
assist customers
Applebee's
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 November 2013
A typical day at work includes dealing with every day situations such as going the extra mile to please people. I have learned that I am never right regardless of my expertise because the customer is always correct- the reason being is that without a customer, the worker is jobless. The co-workers are out-going and positive.
It had an enjoyable environment to be in and everyone was very kind.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2013
Was usually very busy, there was never a time for a break. Overall I enjoyed with working with most of my co-workers and I had great managers. There were many stressful times when there would be a huge rush but I was able to get through it. Overall it was a great job.
Hired through Hiring Fair along with 100 others. Lots of lay offs after 3 months.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta4 September 2014
Did all necessary prep, put orders away, cleaned, organized cooler.
Wide diversity in the workplace.
Pros
Learned new recipes.
Cons
Too many people hired so not enough work to keep eveyone busy, therefore lay offs.
a good place to start a career
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 October 2012
the work is hard but rewarding. the people are nice. im a new immigrant and they are really patient to me because my english is not good
Pros
decent tips
Cons
works only at nights
Fun place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 October 2012
Started as a prep-cook worked up to supervisor.
My hours were set Wed-Sun 8am -4pm.
Lots of practices and procedures to follow.
Lots of guidelines.
Pros
guidelines
A makeup Factory
Line Cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 May 2012
Its not for everyone, u have to like factory work
u start as a temp aswell
Pros
easy work
Cons
line work same routine

2.9