Applebee's Employee Reviews

Alright expierince
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
Overall it was a decent job , fun and most people were very friendly but the management wasn't very good. On multiple occasions managers would schedule me for days and hours that i specified i couldn't work. i would not go back but it wasn't the worst job in the world.
Always fun, an always fine to finish
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Mavis heart land18 September 2016
I was healthy performing the job, and it felt good to work, and I like the job. It was in my neighbour hood and the job made me think good, and it was fun excirsize. It was somethin I could love.
Pros
Excellent job title
Cons
Drugs and my pet
typical restaurant enviroment
Fry chef (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2016
Good place to work. Learned lots. Fun people. Good location. Good management. Good food. Good co-workers. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Good food deals
Cons
Non
Productive and fun work place with great management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2016
Applebees's is a job that I've had that I have always been excited to go to. The people that I work with have become my friends, the management is tolerant and always eager to help when required. It is an organized place where everyone works well together.
Sometimes it can get so busy that your section will fill up in minutes, but with the experience I have I'm always able to keep up but if I were to ever find myself "in the weeds", I know there is always someone I can turn to for help.
Pros
Team Oriented
Productive workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2016
Good working environment, good staff to work with.
Applebee's has taught me to work well under stress and in a fast paced environment.
Good company to work for, would recommend it to others.
Fun and organized workplace
Customer Service in a fast environment (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 May 2016
A typical day at Applebee's is serving customers, cleaning on down time and making sure customers are happy leaving.

Management is great!

Co-workers are fun and enjoyable to work with!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short shifts
dishwasher
Dishwasher/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2016
washing dishes
I learned that its hard washing dishes and smelling the left over food
the hardest part was the stress not getting it all done before your shift was done
fun, upbeat, fast paced workplace.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC13 January 2016
Nice to work with great people in the restaurant industry always a lot of fun at work, meet some fantastic people dealing with customers but also learn self control because in this industry the customer is usually always right because you are dealing with their food and some people can be really pick and snooty when it comes to their food.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working split shifts
good
prep/line cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 April 2016
required
Overall rating*
The following errors occurred:
Constructive and friendly workplace.
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 October 2015
Working for Applebee's is a great experience i enjoy the environment and the location is perfect. Theres always work to be done so your always busy and never bored. Applebee's staff is very friendly and helpful. Management is amazing and very productive, if you ever needed a day off they would work around your schedule. Applebee's feels more like home then a job. The hardest part about working for Applebee's would be the unsatisfied customers and being over staffed. The most enjoyable part of working for Applebee's would be the freedom to express myself, to laugh when i need to destress, to speak and actually be heard, and to preform not just because I'm paid to do it but because I'm inspired to be the best.
Pros
Lots of great specials weekly and daily, advancement opportunities, very spacious, friendly environment, staff meals
Cons
Cons: Seasonal, over staffed, limited outdoor seating, no benefits.
Good teamwork
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2015
It was a great team to work with. What I learned was that I like working in a fast paced environment and I am great with customers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with cutlery rolling and setting tables for 18+ guest. The most enjoyable part was just always being busy.
Pros
discounted lunches
This location closed down, but I loved working there.
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Brampton5 June 2015
I would come in before opening and clean up the dining room, prepare children's menus (by packing crayons and a coloring sheet into little brown bags) then help with kitchen prep work. once the doors opened, seating guests and cleaning tables were my main duties.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Long Friday shifts
Could be better.
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2015
General manager was nice and did her job the way she should. Whoever owns the chain should invest in night cleaners, quality ingredients, and the renovation of the restaurant to look more modern and classier. The employees do not get paid enough to clean the filth off the restaurant on top of their ACTUAL duties as cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, etc. But to further touch on the quality ingredients bit, Applebee's should really consider that so they could mark up their prices with reason. The fact that their food is seriously inexpensive attracts all around awful clientele. You have to spend money to earn money. Maybe they wouldn't have to close so many locations if they considered this.
Fun workplace but few opportunities for career advancement
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2015
Worked for the company for 4 years before being laid off due to economic difficulties. Easy going work environment, health and safety retraining every few months. Not an idea place to work if you actually want to grow in the hospitality industry. Tips were pretty bad each week.
A great company to work for. Was rewarded well for following procedure.
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 May 2014
My days at Applebee's were extremely busy. I would be responsible for having enough staff. Checking in with guests to ensure they were enjoying their stay. We did Apple Rallies where we would discuss the activities of the day. We would offer incentives for the staff to sell add on's. I had to coach and encourage staff of procedures. I was responsible for balancing tills and bank drops. I loved the staff and regulars.The upper management were extremely supportive.
Pros
Fun lively atmosphere
Cons
Too many late nights.
Applebee's
Dish washer and Line cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On22 July 2013
Applebee's was fun to work at because there were many people around to work with and it made easier to go through the day. We were allowed to listen to music and that made it easier to work in. I learned how to work properly in terms of managing my time appropriately how to cook my new things. My co-workers were nice and easy to get along with and it was very multicultural. My managers and supervisors were also nice and did the best they could to help out and provide for me, The hardest part of the job for me was the rush of orders on a busy night however I enjoyed the atmosphere the best.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
Not enough working hours
Enjoyable Place to Work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, Ontario28 January 2014
This company was a very enjoyable place to work, the employees got along very well and the company has competitive wages and positions.
Unfortunately the management at this specific location were extremely unprofessional and often caused some of the workers to quit or become extremely emotional. The turnover rate was an extremely unattractive attribute of the company.
Pros
Enjoyable coworkers
Cons
Unprofessional management
Productive and fun workplace
Cook helper (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 June 2013
Every day, when I arrive at Applebee's, I change into my uniform. Afterwards, I am given certain jobs by my supervisor. I either wash dishes, clean, prepare side dishes, or prepare desserts. The managers are serious but also fun to work with. They know their priorities. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the weights and ingredients of food. The easiest part of the job was washing dishes.
Good management and staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary28 July 2015
The staff all works together to make it a great workplace environment. The management is really good and respectful. The food is good and customers are friendly.
Pros
fun workplace, fast paced
Cons
lack of hours, money
Applebee's life
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  mississauga, On20 October 2014
The shift varies from a 9am opening shift, 12pm over dinner, or a 5/6pm close. besides morning prep, setting up the line for service is part of the opening duties. usually two cooks open the line on a normal day. management has changed but I'm not sure for the better, my co-workers are all lovely.
Pros
nice people
Cons
awful hours / awful guests

2.9