Applebee's Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
Restaurant Operations Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 June 2017
The kitchen staff were really nice in showing how to work the dishwashing area though after my training was done breaks became non-existent due to lack of help on dishwashing.
First server job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Great place to get your feet wet if you're new to restaurants. Fun place to work, guest expectation is pretty laid back - Management there was hit and miss, people loved the Fiesta lime Chicken.
Good job and good work crew
Back End Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2017
Great employees with great ability to assist you with troubles and simple management with varied expectations with he work place being cramped and one of the only good parts was being the one to wash the floor to be able to get out of the cramped spaces
Pros
Great communication
Cons
Never guaranteed hours
Hard work but good staff
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2017
Applebee's has gotten me where I am today, it's a hard days work on your feet but the people are good. There is a certain rush when you get through a crazy busy night, like it's a challenge. The flexibility with about of shifts, hours is great. I always like that if I need extra money it's usually easy to pick up shifts.
Pros
good staff, money is there as a server, able to move up if wanted
Cons
long hours on your feet, can get yelled at by staff/guests
Team
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 March 2017
When I first started out working at Applebee's everyone was patient and helped me learn. I made many friends as well as gained valuable experience working for this company. The management was kind and understanding, giving workers more sifts if they asked. The salary was fair and so were the tips, which were a nice bonus at the end of the week.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Fast Paced and pressure
probably my worst job
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 February 2017
my co-staff was awesome but the management was very demanding. staff got treated like they were expendable and constantly threatened to get fired. i was young and it was my first real job so i didn't realize that until later on in life.
Enjoyable
Line Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 January 2017
Cooking for customers warm hot food. I also had the chance to serve tables for the customers. They were polite and it was fun to help customers to enjoy their experience in the restaurant. This was to keep them coming back for the experience again and again. Staff was great to work.
Pros
Amazing staff and customers
Cons
Not any
Fun place to work, just not that busy
Server (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 January 2017
Applebee's is not what it used to be and has lost its business, and you get sent home more times than you actually start than actually working and making money.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not busy enough
Fun but no advancement. Could be run better.
Neighbourhood Expert (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 January 2017
Fun place to work. Not many advancement opportunities. Seems to care about the company more then employees. Management and upper management don't care about the little guys.
typical restaurant enviroment
Fry chef (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2016
Good place to work. Learned lots. Fun people. Good location. Good management. Good food. Good co-workers. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Good food deals
Cons
Non
Alright expierince
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
Overall it was a decent job , fun and most people were very friendly but the management wasn't very good. On multiple occasions managers would schedule me for days and hours that i specified i couldn't work. i would not go back but it wasn't the worst job in the world.
Always fun, an always fine to finish
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Mavis heart land18 September 2016
I was healthy performing the job, and it felt good to work, and I like the job. It was in my neighbour hood and the job made me think good, and it was fun excirsize. It was somethin I could love.
Pros
Excellent job title
Cons
Drugs and my pet
Productive workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2016
Good working environment, good staff to work with.
Applebee's has taught me to work well under stress and in a fast paced environment.
Good company to work for, would recommend it to others.
Fun and organized workplace
Customer Service in a fast environment (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 May 2016
A typical day at Applebee's is serving customers, cleaning on down time and making sure customers are happy leaving.

Management is great!

Co-workers are fun and enjoyable to work with!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short shifts
dishwasher
Dishwasher/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2016
washing dishes
I learned that its hard washing dishes and smelling the left over food
the hardest part was the stress not getting it all done before your shift was done
Productive and fun work place with great management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2016
Applebees's is a job that I've had that I have always been excited to go to. The people that I work with have become my friends, the management is tolerant and always eager to help when required. It is an organized place where everyone works well together.
Sometimes it can get so busy that your section will fill up in minutes, but with the experience I have I'm always able to keep up but if I were to ever find myself "in the weeds", I know there is always someone I can turn to for help.
Pros
Team Oriented
Horrible
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 April 2016
Work work work work work. All this company expects you to do is work. 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a day! Zero compliments about anything you do. Zero work life balance.
Pros
I will get back to you
Cons
good
prep/line cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 April 2016
required
Overall rating*
The following errors occurred:
fun, upbeat, fast paced workplace.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC13 January 2016
Nice to work with great people in the restaurant industry always a lot of fun at work, meet some fantastic people dealing with customers but also learn self control because in this industry the customer is usually always right because you are dealing with their food and some people can be really pick and snooty when it comes to their food.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working split shifts
Constructive and friendly workplace.
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 October 2015
Working for Applebee's is a great experience i enjoy the environment and the location is perfect. Theres always work to be done so your always busy and never bored. Applebee's staff is very friendly and helpful. Management is amazing and very productive, if you ever needed a day off they would work around your schedule. Applebee's feels more like home then a job. The hardest part about working for Applebee's would be the unsatisfied customers and being over staffed. The most enjoyable part of working for Applebee's would be the freedom to express myself, to laugh when i need to destress, to speak and actually be heard, and to preform not just because I'm paid to do it but because I'm inspired to be the best.
Pros
Lots of great specials weekly and daily, advancement opportunities, very spacious, friendly environment, staff meals
Cons
Cons: Seasonal, over staffed, limited outdoor seating, no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9