Applebee's

Applebee's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very productive
Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioJune 23, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: got very wet and damp
a typical day at work would be to go in and start washing dishes all day or night. i learned how to keep up with all the big dinner rushes and kept it very clean. the management was pretty good. the hardest part was to try and keep up with the big dinner rushes.
Family oriented restaurant
Hostess/Server, (Part-time) (Former Employee), thunder bay, ontarioMay 5, 2014
Kind management with reasonable requirements. Friendly atmosphere. Learnt serving experience.
Bad as a dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: tip out money
Cons: no breaks, early clock out
One manager was very good and treated the employee's well. As a dishwasher you don't want to fall behind so you would work 8 hours straight (except for when the good manager was in, he would get someone to cover while you went on break). The hardest part was working 8 straight hours without a break which happened on most days. In my position there wasn't – more... too much that was enjoyable about the job. A typical day involves showing up and having a lot of dishes already waiting for you from lunch. When you finally get caught up the dinner rush comes and then you just try to keep up. When you catch up again and closing time comes you get all the cooks equipment to clean which keeps you there even longer. At the old Applebee's they would have 2 people during dinner rushes and when the rush was over you would have time for a break, but it seems like they got cheap and now only use one at all times. As well a lot of the times (except for the one good manager) the managers would clock you out a early while still expecting you to finish cleaning all the cooks things, as well as the dishwasher area, therefore making you lose hours. The co-workers were great to work with. The only enjoyable part of the job was receiving the tip out money. – less
Enjoyable Place to Work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: enjoyable coworkers
Cons: unprofessional management
This company was a very enjoyable place to work, the employees got along very well and the company has competitive wages and positions.
Unfortunately the management at this specific location were extremely unprofessional and often caused some of the workers to quit or become extremely emotional. The turnover rate was an extremely unattractive attribute – more... of the company. – less
Applebee's
Server (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 6, 2013
A typical day at work includes dealing with every day situations such as going the extra mile to please people. I have learned that I am never right regardless of my expertise because the customer is always correct- the reason being is that without a customer, the worker is jobless. The co-workers are out-going and positive.
well organized and great management
Line cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 28, 2013
well working at applebee's i learnt how to accomplish task even faster in a very high paced environment , management was always on top of the tasks at hand and it made everything more organized and simple.
Functional workplace
Restaurant hostess/expeditor/food runner (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 27, 2013
Applebee's was a very fast pace workplace, everyone was able to keep up, and it functioned well
Not a productive environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: bad hours
Work was long and extremely boring. The kitchen was not very well organized, a lot of my time was spent traveling trough the kitchen. This could have all been avoided if they planned the layout of the kitchen better. Management was slow and unmotivated. Did not make me envy working there for long.
Productive and fun workplace
Cook helper (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 20, 2013
Every day, when I arrive at Applebee's, I change into my uniform. Afterwards, I am given certain jobs by my supervisor. I either wash dishes, clean, prepare side dishes, or prepare desserts. The managers are serious but also fun to work with. They know their priorities. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the weights and ingredients of – more... food. The easiest part of the job was washing dishes. – less
Largest Casual Dining Company in the World
General Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, Cambridge, MississaugaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours
Typical day included team meetings and communications, reviewing SnLs, ordering, line checks, expediting during service, touching tables, dealing with guest concerns, following up on cleaning duties, making adjustments to labour, etc.
I always pay attention to equipment/plumbing/refrigeration repairs looking for ways for pre-emptive maintenance or solutions – more... for simple repairs. I'm computer savvy and learned a lot about the use of Facebook/Twitter/Four Square in regards to restaurant marketing. I understand the power of team dynamics and how to perpetuate a positive atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job is also the most rewarding. That is, bringing a group of people together that can get along and strive to promote the business as a team, and still be able to behave professionally under stressful situations. When you have the right team, the job is very enjoyable. – less
It had an enjoyable environment to be in and everyone was very kind.
Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2013
Was usually very busy, there was never a time for a break. Overall I enjoyed with working with most of my co-workers and I had great managers. There were many stressful times when there would be a huge rush but I was able to get through it. Overall it was a great job.
fun place to work but isnt for me.
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 22, 2013
I enjoyed this job only because I like to work but management at this location made it a bad experience.
Fun and easy going
Waiter (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: closed down
Fun and really great enviroment. The people were easy to get along with and management was easy to talk to and very understanding of anything you had to say to them.
Fun place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: guidelines
Started as a prep-cook worked up to supervisor.
My hours were set Wed-Sun 8am -4pm.
Lots of practices and procedures to follow.
Lots of guidelines.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2012
Pros: free but 50% off
Cons: some time not take break time
stress and good work hard and stress of weekend night shifts co worker is good
Good customers, unsociable staff
Host (Former Employee), Redmond, ORAugust 26, 2014
Pros: interactive, friendly customers, able to eat mess-up orders
Cons: cliche-oriented co-workers, apathetic upper-management
A typical day involved greeting guests, cleaning tables and addressing the concerns of customers who had already been shown to a table when prompted. There wasn't much to learn in this position, being as it revolves around people skills and interacting regularly with inanimate objects. The management used to be awful and insincere, but has since been – more... replaced with people I've worked alongside who show considerably less apathy when approached. The staff by extension, also have an aloof, clique-like high school feel about them, and it isn't uncommon to find one of them tending to their cell phones while on the clock.

The most difficult part of the job was losing abilities the longer that I worked there, and being told not to do the other parts of work when I was able. Similarly difficult was the onerous amount of time that one would have to spend as a host, in order to advance in the company. The best part were the people, and I would have quit the company earlier if they didn't help to make the job more bearable. – less
Challenging and strong commitment to quality operations
Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 25, 2014
Pros: treated like family
Cons: late team members
Monitored all operations including employee job performance.Making table visit and asking guest about their experience.Coaching team members on their behaviors.The hardest part of my job was team members that were late or called out.The most enjoyable part was having a shift that was close to perfect.
Enough to get by
Corporate Trainer/Chef (Former Employee), Lawtn, OKAugust 24, 2014
Pros: money to take care of my family
Cons: raise not so much
Not enough kitchen staff to have adequate days off when really needed. I get to work with food. Co-workers some are lazy and gets away with a lot because they have been there for over 10 plus years.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 22, 2014
Mostly a fun place to work but lately the newly hired management makes it unbearable to be at work. Lots of short staffed restaurants...
Management were confusing in their demands.
Server (Former Employee), New Castle, DEAugust 22, 2014
I really liked my co-workers. It was a fun place to work. it was difficult to get a working schedule as they changed sometimes twice a week,they also sent you home if it was dead. this was hard on single moms who needed the money.

1 2 3 4 5