Applebee's

Applebee's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very productive
Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioJune 23, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: got very wet and damp
a typical day at work would be to go in and start washing dishes all day or night. i learned how to keep up with all the big dinner rushes and kept it very clean. the management was pretty good. the hardest part was to try and keep up with the big dinner rushes.
Family oriented restaurant
Hostess/Server, (Part-time) (Former Employee), thunder bay, ontarioMay 5, 2014
Kind management with reasonable requirements. Friendly atmosphere. Learnt serving experience.
Bad as a dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: tip out money
Cons: no breaks, early clock out
One manager was very good and treated the employee's well. As a dishwasher you don't want to fall behind so you would work 8 hours straight (except for when the good manager was in, he would get someone to cover while you went on break). The hardest part was working 8 straight hours without a break which happened on most days. In my position there wasn't – more... too much that was enjoyable about the job. A typical day involves showing up and having a lot of dishes already waiting for you from lunch. When you finally get caught up the dinner rush comes and then you just try to keep up. When you catch up again and closing time comes you get all the cooks equipment to clean which keeps you there even longer. At the old Applebee's they would have 2 people during dinner rushes and when the rush was over you would have time for a break, but it seems like they got cheap and now only use one at all times. As well a lot of the times (except for the one good manager) the managers would clock you out a early while still expecting you to finish cleaning all the cooks things, as well as the dishwasher area, therefore making you lose hours. The co-workers were great to work with. The only enjoyable part of the job was receiving the tip out money. – less
Enjoyable Place to Work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: enjoyable coworkers
Cons: unprofessional management
This company was a very enjoyable place to work, the employees got along very well and the company has competitive wages and positions.
Unfortunately the management at this specific location were extremely unprofessional and often caused some of the workers to quit or become extremely emotional. The turnover rate was an extremely unattractive attribute – more... of the company. – less
Applebee's
Server (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 6, 2013
A typical day at work includes dealing with every day situations such as going the extra mile to please people. I have learned that I am never right regardless of my expertise because the customer is always correct- the reason being is that without a customer, the worker is jobless. The co-workers are out-going and positive.
well organized and great management
Line cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 28, 2013
well working at applebee's i learnt how to accomplish task even faster in a very high paced environment , management was always on top of the tasks at hand and it made everything more organized and simple.
Functional workplace
Restaurant hostess/expeditor/food runner (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 27, 2013
Applebee's was a very fast pace workplace, everyone was able to keep up, and it functioned well
Not a productive environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: bad hours
Work was long and extremely boring. The kitchen was not very well organized, a lot of my time was spent traveling trough the kitchen. This could have all been avoided if they planned the layout of the kitchen better. Management was slow and unmotivated. Did not make me envy working there for long.
productive working place
Kitchen Trainer and Line Cook (Former Employee), Jeddah Saudi ArabiaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: free meals
Busy but fun day at work I've got so much to learned at my work place with my co-workers.Hardest part during peak hours but we enjoy.
Productive and fun workplace
Cook helper (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 20, 2013
Every day, when I arrive at Applebee's, I change into my uniform. Afterwards, I am given certain jobs by my supervisor. I either wash dishes, clean, prepare side dishes, or prepare desserts. The managers are serious but also fun to work with. They know their priorities. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the weights and ingredients of – more... food. The easiest part of the job was washing dishes. – less
Productive and Fun
HOST/SERVER (Former Employee), Jeddah, KSAApril 10, 2013
Pros: free food on duty
Cons: long hours
I learned to be more productive and i learned how to deal with guest. The managment are very supporting on what i do as a waiter and my co-workers are very fun-loving and they would say that i was good person that they have worked with. There was no hardest part in my job because i know how to handle my job correctly. The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was when the company gave recognation and awards to thier emplyees. – less
Kitchen
Line Cook / Grill (Former Employee), Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaMarch 27, 2013
- Typical day at work was during the night shift.
- I learned a lot of this company. Prepares all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Management was great they were all kind.
- My co-worker they are all great we help each other we work as a team, and we have so much fun.
- The hardest part of – more... the job, I had no idea because I'm enjoying my work together with my colleagues.
- The most enjoyable part of the job during rush hour, I can see all the my colleagues running, its not just working, your also exercising. – less
Largest Casual Dining Company in the World
General Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, Cambridge, MississaugaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours
Typical day included team meetings and communications, reviewing SnLs, ordering, line checks, expediting during service, touching tables, dealing with guest concerns, following up on cleaning duties, making adjustments to labour, etc.
I always pay attention to equipment/plumbing/refrigeration repairs looking for ways for pre-emptive maintenance or solutions – more... for simple repairs. I'm computer savvy and learned a lot about the use of Facebook/Twitter/Four Square in regards to restaurant marketing. I understand the power of team dynamics and how to perpetuate a positive atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job is also the most rewarding. That is, bringing a group of people together that can get along and strive to promote the business as a team, and still be able to behave professionally under stressful situations. When you have the right team, the job is very enjoyable. – less
It had an enjoyable environment to be in and everyone was very kind.
Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2013
Was usually very busy, there was never a time for a break. Overall I enjoyed with working with most of my co-workers and I had great managers. There were many stressful times when there would be a huge rush but I was able to get through it. Overall it was a great job.
fun place to work but isnt for me.
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 22, 2013
I enjoyed this job only because I like to work but management at this location made it a bad experience.
Fun and easy going
Waiter (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: closed down
Fun and really great enviroment. The people were easy to get along with and management was easy to talk to and very understanding of anything you had to say to them.
Fun place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: guidelines
Started as a prep-cook worked up to supervisor.
My hours were set Wed-Sun 8am -4pm.
Lots of practices and procedures to follow.
Lots of guidelines.
Fun, fast paced and just great.
NEIGHBORHOOD EXPERT Company Name (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 28, 2012
Pros: lovely work environment.
I loved the job and the people. There was a great degree of teamwork from management to the floor staff. Salary was not all that but the tips were great. The training could not have been any better.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2012
Pros: free but 50% off
Cons: some time not take break time
stress and good work hard and stress of weekend night shifts co worker is good
I love working for this company
Hostess (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Cons: wish i could be full time
The restaurant upholds a great environment, the people are lively... makes you feel at home, I think "the neighborhood grill" was a good advertising name

1 2 3 4 5