AppleOne Employee Reviews

Good
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga5 July 2013
A good environment as a stepping stone to recruitment. A great deal of micromanagement.
Pros
growth
Cons
too much micromanagement
it as ok
appleone (Former Employee) –  burlington ontario5 July 2013
i dont really know what to say its an agentcy they found me jobs so i was happy
Productive, gained office work experince and a friendly enviorment
Co-op placement (Former Employee) –  295 Queen Street East, Brampton, ON21 June 2013
Worked as a co-op student from 11:00am until 4:00pm. Would come in, greet everyone and get to my tasks, would finish all the tasks that might have been incomplete from the previous day and than ask my manager if anything else needed to be done when I was finished and had free time on me. Learned data entry, how to pick up phone calls professionally. Also provided customer service, filed documents, faxed, and verified references. Whenever there was something that I needed assistant with something, my co-workers did not hesitate to assist me. The hardest part of the job was having multiple customers walk in the office and at the same time to attend multiple calls but with time I learned how to handle it. The most enjoyable part of this placement was that I got to learn how to work professionally and co-workers were always nice and friendly to work with.
Responded quikly for my application and gave me a placement near to residence
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 May 2013
I did ticketing, preparing distro, packaging and store distribution and sorting by sizes and quality control
Pros
I got EI when thery lay off because of shortage of work and holiday benefit
Cons
did overtime in peak season
Very Good Temp Agency
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2013
A typical day at work would be a very enjoyable workplace where teamwork and communication being a very important part of any work place. Very helpful in getting my self into placments that are strong suited for my skills in general warehouse work. The co-workers that i have met have been very kind in showing me new skills and using team work. The hardest part of the job is getting to know people for the first time.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
never knowing if you'll get the job or not
I wouldn't recommend it.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  OCCA17 May 2013
Before I got a placement, management was not very helpful and the women that I was supposed to keep in contact with was never easy to reach.
I would tell anyone looking for agency work to not go to this particular agency because you will probably never get a job.
hard work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont.15 May 2013
You don't know when someone will come over to you and say you can go now, your service is no longer needed. your job is not sure, sometimes you don't get work for a long time.
Pros
you get paid every week.
Cons
some times very hard work.
l
labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 April 2013
this is an employment agency which found me work but not very suitable or well paid
Organized, and great people to work with
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 March 2013
AppleOne/Flex N Gate

A typical day at Flex N Gate was very repetitive although worker on the line would change positions every quarter the job became very monotonous and physically demanding. I learned many different assemblies of car parts. The hardest part of this job was the physical demand and the intense heat in the summer. I enjoyed the challenge on meeting goals for a daily quota. My co-workers were a part of my team which I took the lead with them to meet our daily quotas. I enjoyed working for Flex N Gate through AppleOne. What I least admire about the policies of this job was the lack of days for sickness. Being a temp agency they only allow 3 sick days after such they would lay you off.
Pros
wonderful people, cafeteria
Cons
hard physically demanding work. ergonomics were not the best on the line.
adequately prepares candidates to work sites.
Helped machine operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2013
adequately helps and equip candidates to work for best clients
assigned to Livingston Intl
forklift/man up operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2013
friendly environment fast pace order picking/ loading unloading trucks
Interesting & Busy
On-Site Lava Life Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2013
Recruited staff for call centre, organized employee orientations, identified any staffing issues and resolved problems, followed up to ensure client satisfaction. Coordinated and maintained staff schedules and vacation requests. Built a productive relationship with client to ensure staffing requirements were being met
Pros
full of activity, fooshily intrusively active!
Cons
turn over
Friendly environment
DISPENSER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2012
Fun workplace, friendly environment, nice warehouse jobs
Pros
free lunch time
Cons
Challenging but enjoyable work place.
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 December 2012
Quite challenging but still having fun doing the work. Friendly co-workers and with good management. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting away stuff in the shelves.
Pros
free coffee
They can be pretty understanding about what your needs are, as long as you keep your word.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2012
I've been homeless for awhile. I thought everything would work out through these temp-agencies, these places here in BC are much more better than Winnipeg's. One of the recruiters understood my situation, but even though I struggle to get out there to work, I believe Appleone was a good place to work, because of the people that work and represent appleone company.
Pros
undderstanding people.
Cons
not enough hours.
I was given a job opportunity with commensurate compensation once.
DATA ENTRY/ PICKER-PACKER / VERIFIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2012
Not much job opportunity for a longer term that corresponds to my experience, skills and desire job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace with friends and coworkers
Light Industrial (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON27 October 2012
The most enjoyable part is when we find our own pakageable materials displayed in different shops. I feel very much excited and encouraged.

The hardest part of the job is rework due to some mistakes.
Pros
free tea or coffee
Bored with rolling carts
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2012
On a typical at work, it was the same routine everyday. My co-workers and I would head to the back of the warehouse to collect any orders that needed to be packed for shipping to Winner's locations all around Canada. However, usually if there wasn't any orders, since there was plenty of us working, we would be sent to the to another department where we would have to pick up heavy boxes and throw them on the railing. What I learned was the hard work that many people had to go through to make money to afford their living expenses. Another thing that I learned was the value of money, I was the type of person who would approach my mother to ask for $40 or sometimes even $50 to spend it on shopping or entertainment of any sort. The people that I worked with were nice in a way, but most of them did not have a positive attitude or nor were they approachable to ask for advice. I also realized that plenty of them came to me for their problems. The hardest part of the job was lifting up heavy boxes. Usually some of the boxes would weigh more than 20 lbs. However, there was one most enjoyable part of the job, which was taking orders and pack them. It was usually the most easiest as well.
Pros
free snacks occasionaly.
Cons
less pay for night shift.
Flexible
Canadian Auto Show Exhibitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2012
AppleOne was the typical temp agency. I was on call and they always kept me in the loop.
Apple one - data entry
DATA ENTRY PICKER PACKER Greater Toronto Area (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2012
They provided me jobs that I was looking for. The workplace they sent me had a pleasant working enviroment.
Pros
fast placement.
Cons
short term jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AppleOne. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval