Apple Employee Reviews

Great place to start your career
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2015
Apple is a fantastic place to grow your personal attributes and try new things.
Great company and work environment
Genius Admin (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2015
Busy and fast paced environment surrounded with great coworkers.
Apple has the best worker friendly environment
Sales Rep/Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 December 2014
Apple is very selective at choosing the best employees. I have never had a manager that wasn't polite and cared about your well being. Each manager wants you to prosper and grow that they meet with you every quarter to talk about goals and how you can improve. Their pay is great for a retail store. They are very considerate about your personal life and will accommodate you with emergencies and family issues. It is a very rewarding job.
Pros
discount on electronics, great pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not a forever career and unusual culture
Same as Previous
Technical Care Management (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 December 2014
They outsource the call center help to a company that does respect its employees.
Home work balance is awful. You work 44 hours on calls for 8 months out of the year, and you are pressured to take extra time off when they are 'slow' even when you are not compensated enough to buy food and bills.
Excellent culture and fun place to work.
Retail Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2014
Excellent experience and support/training.
Great opportunity to coach a large team and provide amazing experiences to each and every customer walking in to the store.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with such great talented team. Amazing opportunity to work on such great life changing products.
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay structure.
Cons
Work life balance could've improved.
Great Potential
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario30 September 2014
I worked for a Vendor site for Apple. Apple and the Job itself was Fantastic even though it was difficult. I excelled at the job and the position. The problem was it was for a Vendor site and the site was run very very poorly. Fantastic co-workers, Management was horrible. I left because someone threatened to physically fight me, instead of firing him, they gave me a water bottle. They just hand you stuff that Apple gives them to you to shut you up. Management fired over 150 people and then attempted to replace them. They could not because the Vendor's reputation in the region is viewed very poorly. The Management team has run three call centre's into the ground. Wish Management was organized better and that they viewed a worker not as a "person in a seat" but as a human being.
Pros
Co-workers, some of the most fantastic people you have ever met
Cons
Management was run very poorly by a person who has lost connection with the people under her
Today's Chef are tomorrows IT's
Designer, Programmer and Publisher (Current Employee) –  Toronto,On28 August 2014
Pizza hut is hard place to work. There is so much to do while not provided with enough time to complete the tasks. It however open room to learn and improve many skills. It is a good place for an IT to start. Team work, Organization, time management are few of the skills which are obtained or improved working at the Pizza hut.
Nice place to work and phenomenal people to work with
specialist manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton25 August 2014
Not a bad place to work, wouldn't work there again if I had the chance to, full of optimistic people, but too much stress on the job. Management is alright but goals are kinda unreachable especially at christmas.
Pros
1 hour lunch & good pay
Cons
Too much stress
Apple Products are awesome!
Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey14 August 2014
A typical day of work at Apple would have to be a lot of problem solving. Many customers would come in with different situations regarding their apple devices. It was pretty amazing selling items to families who have never bought an apple product before. It was a great feeling to know that some of the features on these products could impact a persons life so drastically. My coworkers were awesome, everyone was so easy to talk too including the management. The hardest part of the job would have to be scheduling appointments to see our technicians. Being the only Apple store open in surrey made our store very busy which means our schedule would be full.
Team is Family
Specialist - Business Team and Training (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 July 2014
I love working at Apple. It is an environment that's like family and we do important work to enrich people's lives.
Pros
Great Envrionment
Cons
Retail hours

Want to know more about Apple?

Ask a question
Fun and Fulfilling Work Environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2014
I have loved every minute at Apple. They teach your communication skills and how to thrive off of a positive and reinforcing work culture.
Super Fun and Great Company
Sales Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 July 2014
Apple was an incredible experience, it taught me the value of bringing trust to customers and really making someones day by giving them amazing service. Products are fantastic and culture is very laid back and friendly. There's lots of room for advancement and opportunities with the company. I had a great deal of fun when I was working for Apple whether as a specialist or technician i always loved going in, and managers were very keen to help in any way possible even if it was personal. A great experience and fantastic work/life balance. Quotas and sales are still a big part of the environment but aren't regarded as mandatory.
Pros
Great Culture and Benefits
Cons
Quotas
Good culture
Back of House Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec6 July 2014
A great place to work especially for students. Good benefits and very flexible schedules. Management very understanding and co-workers are amazing!
Pros
Culture, management, pay, benefits
Cons
Tough to advance
Productive and fun place
Specialist (Sales) (Current Employee) –  montreal11 June 2014
excellent place to work
excellent team
great customer service and take care of its employees
Pros
the co workers
Mixed Bag
Full Time Back of House Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 June 2014
Lot's of 'retail lifers'.
You'll be asked what your passion is, and why you're there by management that doesn't understand the product themselves.
Very 'do as i tell you, not as i do' environment.
Big brand, but small issues still got addressed
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 May 2014
Working for Apple was an experience, to say the least. Our customers were a mix of people new to our technology, people passionate about our technology, and people angry because their technology wasn't working the way they wanted it to be, but we had the tools for dealing with all of them. Whether our resources were feeling comfortable being drawn into hour-long conversations about the differences between computers or knowing which of our colleagues to ask for a specific detail or knowing just when to find someone else to help our customer out, they were always available. Our leadership team had some rough patches in my time there, but things were constantly being worked on and our leadership team did show genuine interest in making sure every employee was set up for their own personal successes, even if things took a few months to sort out.
Always learning new things
Canada Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 May 2014
Was a fun place to work. I would always learn new things from product knowledge to customer service.

The management team was incredible; I have never been so impressed with how they came together to help everyone out from personal problems to work related issues.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful; everyone learned something from someone else since we all had our strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours ( mostly when there was no on in the store).

The most enjoyable part, I would have to say opening up the store. We put up all the shelves, received all the products, placing them, being able to get a first glance at everything before the customers did.
Pros
The benefits and pay
Fun atmosphere
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2014
Friendly co-workers, encouraging environment. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Company lacks leadership and accountability for upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB12 March 2014
Long days, confusing work requirements. Poor decisions made in haste by upper management, then when it doesn't work out store managers are blamed. No opportunity for advancement. co-workers were fine, but some quite unreliable. Hardest part of the job was to try and present a great store feel when orders were not filled and stock did not arrive on a consistent basis. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and their needs and working hard to meet those needs.
Pros
great customers
Cons
Poor leadership from above
An excellent place to work
Back-of-House Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 January 2014
Been with this company for more than 2 years.
Absolutely awesome place to work.
A very high pace working environment.
Well balanced work and break system.
A very good recruitment or hiring process.
Well seasoned management.
Pros
Everything except advancement and scheduling
Cons
Advancement in a specific area as per employees interest is impossible, Schedule can be all over the place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3