Apple

Apple Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
java Developer
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAOctober 1, 2014
i have 6 years of experience in Java/JEE based Software Product Development, Automation, Oracle ADF Development (ADF, ADF Faces, ADF Task Flows and Business Components). , She involved in complete SDLC including requirements gathering, client interaction, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, debugging, maintenance & documentation – more... of business applications in the client/server environment. Strong Working Knowledge in Java, JEE, XML, JDBC, SQL, Web Service, JDBC, Struts, Spring, Swing, Hibernate, UNIX Shell Scripts, JSF, JSON, ADF, Oracle , SQL Server, MYSQL, Eclipse 3.5, JDeveloper, PL/SQL Developer 7.0, WebLogic Console, SVN/CVS, RADAR/ESPRESSO, SOAP – UI, Web logic , Apache Tomcat, Agile, BugDB, BugSmart, JIRA, MAC OS, LINUX, UNIX, Windows XP/98/2000, Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall model – less
good place
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 30, 2014
love it, great place. love it, great place.a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
It's Apple, what else can I say.
Apple Store Leader Program (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, launch days, great culture
Cons: work/life balance
Great culture, fabulous products that you're selling with great management teams that really have an ability to motivate & inspire.
Great job, for retail
Specialist, Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, decent pay
Cons: retail hours, retail holidays
I learned a lot about myself and how to empathize with customers and employees alike. I left a much calmer person, having experienced what real chaos is. I worked with some really great people. I left a better person.
Great Work Environment, rough customers, low ability for advancement
Specialist/Mentor (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: compensation, company culture, intrinsic value
Cons: inconsistent hours, low ability to advance
The people and the culture of Apple are amazing. The job is great for people who love change and love to learn on the fly. The compensation is good but hours are never consistent and there is very little opportunity for advancement.
Fun and exciting.
Specialist (Former Employee), Burlingame, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere.
Cons: i personally did not see a potential to move up in the retail ladder.
Job was fun and exciting. This was my first job; here I learned my customer service and sales skills. It was working in Apple Retail that I developed my passion for sales and technology.
Productive and fun place to work
SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Upscale retail job with high benefit perks. The culture is amazing and my coworkers are like my family and life long friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting all different types of people from CEOs to actors to international tourists.
Positive and Healthy Environment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Apple thought me the importance of teamwork and how everyone contributes in a healthy work balance. It also made, making connections with customers seem effortless. I really enjoyed working there and I feel honored having the chance to learn what Steve Jobs legacy stood for.
relaxed atmostphere
Fraud prevention Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: the benefits and the pay is exceptional
Cons: shifts available, metrics imposed by management, opportunity for advancement.
Shift from 10 pm-7 am.
Extensive knowledge on investigation practices and pattern recognition.
direct management is great, day time management is far removed for over nights shifts, no interest in overnight shifts.
Working overnights with no prospects of obtaining another shifts, is incredibly taxing.
The most enjoyable part is having your own space – more... to work comfortably and not being micro managed by my direct supervisor. – less
Depends on where you work
Family Room Specialist/Creative Trainer (Former Employee), South Portland, MESeptember 24, 2014
Pros: cool people
Cons: management, lack of flexibility, schedules
Apple has a great job culture and hires amazing people. Unfortunately, the experience varies from store to store. Some stores have amazing flexibility and advancement opportunities, and some, like mine, just don't. Management was extremely rigid and scheduling was done by software that could not account for family life (there have been articles written – more... about the software and how terrible it is for employees, even though employers love it). I loved the people with whom I worked, but the job was designed for single college students who have no outside responsibilities or activities. For that subgroup, it would be an amazing job. – less
Retail Establishment
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: cook out and employee discount
Cons: no family time
Online Customer Service 2006-2011
-help customer with their orders
Great Place to work
Software Engineering Intern, OS X Services (Former Employee), CupertinoSeptember 20, 2014
Nice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to work
Busy place
ADF/WebCenter Architect (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 19, 2014
Apple's culture is still vertical integration.

One needs to do everything from development, to system admin, to PM.
Forward thinking, innovative, high velocity.
Apple Business Team (Current Employee), MISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: products and services are cutting edge, state of the art. constant ongoing training.
Cons: very little upward mobility. huge, rapidly growing company with lots of growing pains.
A day on the Commercial Business team starts likes a jet taxiing onto a runway, and quickly goes full throttle and takes off! Managing a team that is constantly building pipeline, growing the customer base wider by adding new customers, while maintaining and taking existing relationships deeper, all through constant face-to-face, telephone and email – more... contact. An atmosphere has been created where the entire team willingly steps up to support their teammates and other departments. With an extremely fast paced environment there's very little downtime. Yet personal growth is always a company encouraged focus. – less
Good
Technical Advisor/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 18, 2014
Income and benefits were great...Very demanding. Would work here again. Don't recommend if you have a demanding home life.
Apple Computer
General Operative, Rework operative (Former Employee), CorkSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexabile working hours, fun to work there, lifetime friendships made
Line meeting to organise what amt. had to be produced for that day.
Learned to use all types of machinery,computers,
Management treated you well and respectfully, they didnt treat the g.o.'s as lesser than themselves, it was very much an equal setting place were you could go to the supervisor with any issues either good or bad and would be treated fairly.

I – more... am still great friends with ex co-workers from Apple up to today, While we worked hard, we always had fun while doing it.
great place to work,
I missed working there but redundancy was offered then and I had a young son at the time and I was missing out on so much of his early years that I felt at the time I would prefer to dedicate my time to raising him and took that opportunity of redundancy to do this. – less
Good company, challenging environment, clique culture
NOC Engineer (Former Employee), Cupertino, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good company with nice benefits, product discounts, free concerts.
Cons: limited internal mobility, silo'ed organization, uneven bonus compensation.
Good company with high name recognition and market value. Actual experience varies with group/department. Teams raising revenue and reputation rank higher respect, recognition, and compensation.
Great Place and fun environment!
SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Aventura, FLSeptember 17, 2014
This is the best sales job I've ever had in my life. Great products, innovative designs. They have it all.
Diverse and fun work environment
Genius (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Apple is a great place to work if you like a fast paced work environment with a very close knit team thats also very culturally and professionally diverse.
There are many people who have backgrounds in video editing, photo editing, business and finance, art, and computer science.
Management is also very transparent and very open to feedback in regards – more... to receiving it and giving it. They are very invested in the team and actually want to make sure that every individual on the team is doing well and that is a great feeling because not many places have the same standard for their work environments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day you get to talk to someone new every day. You get to work with a customer who is not gonna be exactly like the one you just met yesterday and you get to learn about them and their experiences and it keeps things fresh and exciting.
The hardest part of the job is that it can be quite busy at times but the team has such a great sense of communication that it can be alleviated. – less
Fantastic company to work for
AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 15, 2014
hard work is rewarded - managers really care about you - Apple really tries to have fun and keep employees happy

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more