Apple Employee Reviews

Good culture
Back of House Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec6 July 2014
A great place to work especially for students. Good benefits and very flexible schedules. Management very understanding and co-workers are amazing!
Pros
Culture, management, pay, benefits
Cons
Tough to advance
Productive and fun place
Specialist (Sales) (Current Employee) –  montreal11 June 2014
excellent place to work
excellent team
great customer service and take care of its employees
Pros
the co workers
Cons
Big brand, but small issues still got addressed
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 May 2014
Working for Apple was an experience, to say the least. Our customers were a mix of people new to our technology, people passionate about our technology, and people angry because their technology wasn't working the way they wanted it to be, but we had the tools for dealing with all of them. Whether our resources were feeling comfortable being drawn into hour-long conversations about the differences between computers or knowing which of our colleagues to ask for a specific detail or knowing just when to find someone else to help our customer out, they were always available. Our leadership team had some rough patches in my time there, but things were constantly being worked on and our leadership team did show genuine interest in making sure every employee was set up for their own personal successes, even if things took a few months to sort out.
Always learning new things
Canada Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 May 2014
Was a fun place to work. I would always learn new things from product knowledge to customer service.

The management team was incredible; I have never been so impressed with how they came together to help everyone out from personal problems to work related issues.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful; everyone learned something from someone else since we all had our strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours ( mostly when there was no on in the store).

The most enjoyable part, I would have to say opening up the store. We put up all the shelves, received all the products, placing them, being able to get a first glance at everything before the customers did.
Pros
The benefits and pay
Fun atmosphere
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2014
Friendly co-workers, encouraging environment. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Company lacks leadership and accountability for upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB12 March 2014
Long days, confusing work requirements. Poor decisions made in haste by upper management, then when it doesn't work out store managers are blamed. No opportunity for advancement. co-workers were fine, but some quite unreliable. Hardest part of the job was to try and present a great store feel when orders were not filled and stock did not arrive on a consistent basis. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and their needs and working hard to meet those needs.
Pros
great customers
Cons
Poor leadership from above
Retail is not Apple
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2014
First of, pay is good.

They want you to be a robot, the director of Canada is a micro manger, he only has this position because he opened a MP3 shot at he first location in Canada.

Vacation sucks, 2 weeks? Brutal

Benefits are the worst I've ever seen in any company i have ever worked for.

No work life balance, you are all over the board, working days, nights, and then overnights every 2 months because they decide to change an angle of a table.

Staff hate it, only resin they stay is the $$ which causes problems at the end of the day.

I feel Apple pays there employees to shut up! Here is lots of Money, now don't say anything or cause any problems no matter how bad it is.
Pros
$$
Cons
Benfits, Vacation, Upper Management
Excellent place for students!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2014
A typical day for me would involve technical support and the odd sale here and there. In my time there I have had the opportunity to learn all about the Mac operating system, along with some of it's Pro Applications. Before I started here I knew nothing about the Apple culture or even the hardware itself. In the time I have spent here I have learned a lot and very quickly. The people that work there are second to none as they are probably some of the most supportive people I have ever met! The most enjoyable part of the job is how your fellow co-workers eventually begin to feel like one big extended family! It's a great place to work!
Fun
Software & Hardware Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary13 December 2013
Confidentiality considerations prevent further elaboration
workshop
Educational game dissertation (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, SK7 October 2013
3 day workshop at an apple centre
To analyse different OS
To be familiar with Apple multimedia tools
Excellent place to work and improve technical and professional skills among a diverse and talented pool of colleagues and exceptional managers.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 October 2013
Without a doubt, the best job that I have ever had. The people that work there inspired me and encouraged me on those days when I really needed it. A fantastic learning experience and for a people-person like myself, I could not ask for more. I would highly recommend this retail experience as an eye-opener. Apple has set the bar for service and the complete customer experience and their employees are always nudging the bar upwards.
Pros
Provides the ultimate retail environment in which to serve customers.
Cons
None.
Sitel, apple campain
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2013
I answer calls for apple lvl 1 tech support about mac and mac pro laptops. help customer resolves issue with the product and sell item to help out. handle stressed out customer over the phone when they are mad about the product goes down.

I learn a lot about apple Tiger os i think is 10.4 helping customer solve issue over the phone and guiding them to a solution.

management was lacking in training and supporting the agents.

Co-works only cared about pay.

handling a very stressed out customer with out taking it personally.
Most enjoyable was helping customer solve their issue with the mac laptops.
Pros
good paying
Cons
job security.
Fun place for students and young people to work
Desktop Technical Support Specialist (MacOSX10) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2013
Constantly receive praise from customers who rave about the customer service and product reliability compared to competitors. Good set up of support. Nice environment for employment.
Great Place
Creative Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton23 April 2013
Room for Advancement and Great working environment. Many Opportunities and benefits. Lot's of training and great management.
Apple Review
Store Leader (Store Manager) (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 April 2013
My days were certainly never the same twice. Apple environment is very fast paced. I could be right in the thick if things with sales/service teams, interacting with customers at one moment or on a strategic planing calls for the division. My most enjoyable part of the job was leading my team. I was so fortunate to hand pick every individual on my team. To see them all learn and grow so quickly was a blast! The toughest part was trying to maintain a great balance between family and my role with retail schedule being what it is. Overall an amazing experience!
Fast Pace Retail company
Expert/Business Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2013
There is no dull moment in Apple store. Once the store is open people flock inside the store to get an appointment or get to know the latest craze in town for technology. Being with Apple for almost 3 years is such a rewarding moment for me, everyday you learned new things and meeting interesting people along the way. We, as a team, we rely on each other. I can say that Teamwork is the key word for us. Our management always making it sure that we know the business acumen and whats our main focus for the day. They are always there for you whenever you need someone to talk to even on a stressful day.
Pros
big savings on accessories.
Cons
growth development are too slow
Productive and fun place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC25 February 2013
Great place to work, always learning on the job with a great supportive team.
Pros
free workshops
Good for a temporary job while you work on your career.
Concierge/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2012
Apple isn't for everyone. It's a stressful job, with terrible management. But it pays well, and the co-workers were amazing. I met some of my favourite people in the world while working there.

In a week, we would see over 50,000 people come through the doors. All of whom were looking for something different. You had to remain calm, and remember everything about all the staff members and their knowledge, while remembering the information of the product.

Plus, the job was always changing. And the products were always changing. You would have to take the initiative to learn something new every day.
Pros
good pay, good coworkers
Cons
long hours, lots of customers, stress, people yelling at you
A great technology company for people of various walks of life
Genius / In-house (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2012
A great company to work for. You meet many people in the job from all over the world, get to meet the occasional celebrity, and challenge yourself continually. The company will encourage and assist where possible for personal growth in the company, but for those wishing to go beyond retail, there is little opportunity within Canada for this.
Pros
plenty of catered food, great benefits, challenging, high pace environment
Cons
exhaustive hours, poor advancement opportunities, management and job goals can be unrealistic at times
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Apple Expert) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 September 2012
Apple provides an energetic atmosphere with a lot of room for growth and learning. The people working with Apple I have always found to be helpful, friendly, and willing to go above and beyond to help the customers.

4.3