Apple Employee Reviews

Productive and Challenging
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Apple. I loved the people and the hustle, I also really liked the potential within the company.
Pros
great pay, good energy, good employees, good benefits
Cons
random/inconsistent work hours, sometimes a bit stressful
Frequently busy store
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 5, 2015
This location of the Apple store is ridiculously busy all the time. I learned to think quickly on my feet, how to respond to a myriad of questions, how to relay information with other staff, and how to deal with sometimes challenging customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management at the time
You never stop learning!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2015
If you've ever walked into an Apple store you know it can get pretty busy and crazy BUT I assure you that in that mess is a vast amount of knowledge and help to make sure you make the right decisions!
Great Job for a sales person
Apple Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Drive sales through relationships with others to help you meet high targets. Can be very challenging to maintain high growth rates. Commission based environment. Apple culture is amazing to work for. Great perks, like yearly conferences. Gotta work every weekend.
Pros
good pay for good sales people, culture is good, some job perks
Cons
work weekends
Great place to start your career
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Apple is a fantastic place to grow your personal attributes and try new things.
Great company and work environment
Genius Admin (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2015
Busy and fast paced environment surrounded with great coworkers.
Apple has the best worker friendly environment
Sales Rep/Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 24, 2014
Apple is very selective at choosing the best employees. I have never had a manager that wasn't polite and cared about your well being. Each manager wants you to prosper and grow that they meet with you every quarter to talk about goals and how you can improve. Their pay is great for a retail store. They are very considerate about your personal life and will accommodate you with emergencies and family issues. It is a very rewarding job.
Pros
discount on electronics, great pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not a forever career and unusual culture
Same as Previous
Technical Care Management (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 5, 2014
They outsource the call center help to a company that does respect its employees.
Home work balance is awful. You work 44 hours on calls for 8 months out of the year, and you are pressured to take extra time off when they are 'slow' even when you are not compensated enough to buy food and bills.
Excellent culture and fun place to work.
Retail Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 5, 2014
Excellent experience and support/training.
Great opportunity to coach a large team and provide amazing experiences to each and every customer walking in to the store.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with such great talented team. Amazing opportunity to work on such great life changing products.
Pros
excellent benefits and pay structure.
Cons
work life balance could've improved.
Today's Chef are tomorrows IT's
Designer, Programmer and Publisher (Current Employee) –  Toronto,OnAugust 28, 2014
Pizza hut is hard place to work. There is so much to do while not provided with enough time to complete the tasks. It however open room to learn and improve many skills. It is a good place for an IT to start. Team work, Organization, time management are few of the skills which are obtained or improved working at the Pizza hut.
Nice place to work and phenomenal people to work with
specialist manager (Former Employee) –  EdmontonAugust 25, 2014
Not a bad place to work, wouldn't work there again if I had the chance to, full of optimistic people, but too much stress on the job. Management is alright but goals are kinda unreachable especially at christmas.
Pros
1 hour lunch & good pay
Cons
too much stress
Team is Family
Specialist - Business Team and Training (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 22, 2014
I love working at Apple. It is an environment that's like family and we do important work to enrich people's lives.
Pros
great envrionment
Cons
retail hours
Fun and Fulfilling Work Environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2014
I have loved every minute at Apple. They teach your communication skills and how to thrive off of a positive and reinforcing work culture.
Super Fun and Great Company
Sales Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2014
Apple was an incredible experience, it taught me the value of bringing trust to customers and really making someones day by giving them amazing service. Products are fantastic and culture is very laid back and friendly. There's lots of room for advancement and opportunities with the company. I had a great deal of fun when I was working for Apple whether as a specialist or technician i always loved going in, and managers were very keen to help in any way possible even if it was personal. A great experience and fantastic work/life balance. Quotas and sales are still a big part of the environment but aren't regarded as mandatory.
Pros
great culture and benefits
Cons
quotas
Good culture
Back of House Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJuly 6, 2014
A great place to work especially for students. Good benefits and very flexible schedules. Management very understanding and co-workers are amazing!
Pros
culture, management, pay, benefits
Cons
tough to advance
Productive and fun place
Specialist (Sales) (Current Employee) –  montrealJune 11, 2014
excellent place to work
excellent team
great customer service and take care of its employees
Pros
the co workers
Big brand, but small issues still got addressed
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 25, 2014
Working for Apple was an experience, to say the least. Our customers were a mix of people new to our technology, people passionate about our technology, and people angry because their technology wasn't working the way they wanted it to be, but we had the tools for dealing with all of them. Whether our resources were feeling comfortable being drawn into hour-long conversations about the differences between computers or knowing which of our colleagues to ask for a specific detail or knowing just when to find someone else to help our customer out, they were always available. Our leadership team had some rough patches in my time there, but things were constantly being worked on and our leadership team did show genuine interest in making sure every employee was set up for their own personal successes, even if things took a few months to sort out.
Always learning new things
Canada Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCMay 20, 2014
Was a fun place to work. I would always learn new things from product knowledge to customer service.

The management team was incredible; I have never been so impressed with how they came together to help everyone out from personal problems to work related issues.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful; everyone learned something from someone else since we all had our strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours ( mostly when there was no on in the store).

The most enjoyable part, I would have to say opening up the store. We put up all the shelves, received all the products, placing them, being able to get a first glance at everything before the customers did.
Pros
the benefits and pay
Fun atmosphere
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2014
Friendly co-workers, encouraging environment. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Company lacks leadership and accountability for upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, ABMarch 12, 2014
Long days, confusing work requirements. Poor decisions made in haste by upper management, then when it doesn't work out store managers are blamed. No opportunity for advancement. co-workers were fine, but some quite unreliable. Hardest part of the job was to try and present a great store feel when orders were not filled and stock did not arrive on a consistent basis. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and their needs and working hard to meet those needs.
Pros
great customers
Cons
poor leadership from above

4.3