Apple

Apple Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
AWESOME
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2014
What you learn from working here will take you so far in life .
Seems great at first.
Expert Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad management
I worked for Apple for 3 years just about. IT was a rollercoaster. The only thing that makes that job bearable is your fellow employees. Otherwise it is the fakest company and has changed drastically management wise over the last few years.

Management needs a lot of work. It often says People are our soul but that is not the case anymore.

The pay – more... is too low for what you put up with and no commissions which in theory are good are rather criminal when your company sells its own product. – less
Providing technical service to customers
Lead Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2014
Inbound phone calls from AppleCare customers.
Although I already have technical knowledge, I have learned Apple technology.
The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasing the customer and making sure their reason for calling was resolved
Great working atmosphere.
Localization Engineer (Current Employee), Cork, CNovember 9, 2014
Pros: nice subsidised company restaurant with great food.
Cons: no job security. temparary contracts.
Apple is a great company to work for. You're able to witness the latest developments in IT and it is a fun place to work.
Great Life and Learning Experience,
AREA SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Cupertino, CA / Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2014
Pros: great life and learning experience.
Cons: lost all of my apple stock
Original Member of Macintosh Computer Roll-Out Team
Established and managed the Dealers and Resellers in Northern Ohio
Provided Hardware and Software training for Dealers and Resellers sales staff
• Direct Sales to Fortune 100 companies, Government and Universities
• Key Speaker for countless Seminars and Trade Shows
• National Award Recipient – for – more... creating a new Service Program which became
a template for the National Program.
• Promoted from the Area Sales Representative to Central Operations Account Manager – less
Sales and support call center for Apple
Mac Expert (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: comprehensive campus with gourmet cafeteria, job security.
Cons: more of a service role than a sales role
Typical day was spent answering inbound phone calls for sales and support related queries.

I learned extensive product technical details, industry standards and average costs, how to establish trust through knowledge and understanding, and relate technical knowledge into layman's terms.

Management was strict, and required you to be attentive and alert – more... on every call.

Co-workers were amazing, and offered great support and made for a fun work environment.

The hardest part was staying positive, being an inbound call center there was no control on the calls received, and having strong sales metrics put a lot of pressure to turn a service call into a sales call.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of time they gave you to learn. Most days had at least 30 minutes of required product training, giving you the time to want to brush up your skills. – less
Nice cafeteria
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: learn more
Cons: shifts
I like had benefits, good job security and the pay was good. I also that I met people that cool to talk during my breaks. I also like the break room area it's very nice and clean. the seurity there is very tight and they watch everything that you do and making sure that your not cause no problems.
A postive and supportive environment where employees are encouraged to ask why.
Back of House Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Pros: postive environment, healthcare and school assistance
Cons: low staff, lack of consistany among leadership
A typical day at work would begin with my department coming together to set goals and expectations for the day. Afterwards we would assign tasks amongst each other as well discussing what is a priority and what can wait. The day goes on in completing these tasks which may consist of communication of changes in procedures, keeping the store up to visual – more... standard, and assisting the sales team with products in our inventory. The most important thing I've learned at my time at apple is how to adapt to change very quickly in a short time frame. We have many new procedures, polices, products and events that come at short notice. An employee must be able to adapt and learn quickly so a consumer can receive great customer service in a timely manner. The hardest part of my job is when my team is low staffed for the day. It creates frustastion among my co-workers with the increase in workload, thus affecting me becasue of a low team morale. At apple you learn to cater to diversity very quickly, we have many different types of people with their own unique personalities. It has been a pleasure to meet so many exciting individuals from across the world. – less
Keep current with Technology and the latest Applications.
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: hands on with the current technology.
Cons: low pay just above minimum. odd hours.
Apple's a great place to work if you want to keep current with what's happening in the world of Technology. You'll be the first with hands on. You'll have the experience of working with people from all parts of the planet. You'll learn how people are using their technology to perform jobs you didn't even know exist.

The coworkers are very helpful and – more... very creative. On the downside, Apple has a policy of hiring part-time rather than full-time. Recently Apple has been cutting down on long term full-time employees and replacing them with part-time. Part-time benefits though good are limited.

Stock prices tend to increase quicker then employees income and limit the ability for employees afford to purchase. The value of Apple stock is great if you're able to invest. I do recommend at least trying to purchase it. Stock is much more affordable if you're in management.

Pay increases tend to be smaller then the efforts performed. During evaluations you reminded that Apple is retail environment "the pay better and the rest of the mall". You're treated as one of the many during pay evaluations and a large part of your increase is based on store results more then your own. Apple is more likely to hire 10 part-time employees before turning five current employees in to full-time.

Average lifespan of an employee is 2 to 5 years. the hardest part of the job are the hours. Hours very and you have to be available for any shift seven days a week.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every day and helping them make quality decisions that may have a major impact in their lives and careers. – less
Great compant to wrk with
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2014
Apple is a great company to work for. They are very generous and loyal to their customers
enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), sacramento caNovember 2, 2014
learned sap, fed ex labels, an tracking, how to download test media onto electronic products,

hardest part- standing all day

enjoyable- getting back into a physical job
It is busy at the top!
Regional Supply Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 2, 2014
-Very seasonal work, centered around new product introduction
-Must be able to derive satisfaction from the job itself, because there is very little in the way of outside appreciation of hard work
-The Austin office has a culture problem, the operations department is referred to as Dellmazon for a reason
Work from home position
Mobility Specialist (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILNovember 2, 2014
Pros: world class products and customers
Cons: management focus too hard on upselling, making some customers uncomfortable
Great job however too much importance is placed on upselling and add-on sales, also a seasonal position
Very Productive workplace
Sales/CS (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAOctober 31, 2014
I answered about 100 in-bound calls, I had a sales goal each day to achieve. I was the online store and sold hundred of products.
mac world
Mac Expert (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 31, 2014
good experience, good experience , little pay and little advancement
Ready to fly?
Specialist/Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: expect to work long hours
Apple is a place where the sky is the limit. For those are motivated to learn and be challenged.

Regular duties include staying up on trends in technology and pop culture.
Amazing company to work for.
iOS & OS X Support (Current Employee), North CarolinaOctober 29, 2014
Typical work day is very busy as expected. I love how they trained me from day one to my last day before I retire. Great company, great people, very friendly, and amazing environment.
Great benefits and safe environment
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: apple product discounts, transit reimbursement
Cons: schedule, high rate of callouts
- High stress due to the location having the highest volume of guests and sales in the company
- Lots of opportunities for movement within the company
- Scheduling for a 24 hour store proved difficult to balance work and life
- Learned countless interpersonal skills and technical skills
- Co-workers of all ages and backgrounds
- Assisting every person – more... in the store, both specialist and manager with problem solving within the job was the most rewarding aspect – less
Great Benefits/Understaffed Management
Support Specialist-Genius Bar (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: benefits. stocks/ mediocre pay
Cons: management/ stressful/genius bar always understaffed
Great Company. Great Co-workers, Chaotic Atmosphere. Management unreliable. Horrible work/life balance.
Productive and challenging work place
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaOctober 28, 2014
Typical day as a Apple technical advisor is challenging and you don't really know exactly what to expect from customers. However i enjoyed that challenge each and everyday as it helped me gain more and more knowledge on not only the product but how to relate & deal with different type of customers at hand. The management was "shifty" seeing as how when – more... i got employed, most of the old advisors moved up to supervisors so it was kind of new to them. I would have to say the hardest part about working at Apple is learning the information and having to implement it to the customers in such short notice. Data, info & updates changes almost everyday. Just for the simple fact in the same token you have to keep customers happy, remain professional at all times, and be efficient with the information your providing them. The most enjoyable part was the job environment and being able to learn Apples intriguing information and getting heads up on upcoming devices, software etc. – less

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more