Apple Employee Reviews

Retail is not Apple
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2014
First of, pay is good.

They want you to be a robot, the director of Canada is a micro manger, he only has this position because he opened a MP3 shot at he first location in Canada.

Vacation sucks, 2 weeks? Brutal

Benefits are the worst I've ever seen in any company i have ever worked for.

No work life balance, you are all over the board, working days, nights, and then overnights every 2 months because they decide to change an angle of a table.

Staff hate it, only resin they stay is the $$ which causes problems at the end of the day.

I feel Apple pays there employees to shut up! Here is lots of Money, now don't say anything or cause any problems no matter how bad it is.
Pros
$$
Cons
Benfits, Vacation, Upper Management
Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork2 October 2016
Identify and troubleshoot issues with customer machines Mac OS 9/Mac OS X/Server and hardware.

Document all issues that customer was having with machine and order replacement and repairs where needed.
Productive and a fun workplace dealing with customers everyday
Family Room Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2016
-dealing with customers mobile/computer issues
-learned how to fix and triage devices
-hardest part of working there was to sympathize and empathize with negative customers.
-meeting new people everyday and helping them with they're issues with apple products and making them walk out the store happy
-very devise people working at apple. everyone had a very interesting background
A great technology company for people of various walks of life
Genius / In-house (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2012
A great company to work for. You meet many people in the job from all over the world, get to meet the occasional celebrity, and challenge yourself continually. The company will encourage and assist where possible for personal growth in the company, but for those wishing to go beyond retail, there is little opportunity within Canada for this.
Pros
plenty of catered food, great benefits, challenging, high pace environment
Cons
exhaustive hours, poor advancement opportunities, management and job goals can be unrealistic at times
Great culture and place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2016
Amazing company, total compensation package could be better. More opportunities in the U.S market as compared to Canada. At times, management does not have a clear vision for Apple Business.
Fast pace, busy work environment
Expert (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 September 2016
Highly rewarding job, very busy and fast pace. Team work and innovation are critical components. Learned many invaluable skills. Incredibly hard work.
Work experience
Technicien (Former Employee) –  montreal4 July 2015
A full day at apple will go really fast since there's so many people to help that keep me busy all the time. since i stated at apple i learned to do good customer experience to customer, leaned more about the apple device and also was trained in California to repair apple produce. the best management team so far in my career life and really helpful and nice coworkers. the hardest art of the job is sometime maintains couple hundred of the customer that visit the technical department and the fun part of it that no one in the place looses the cool and keep helping customer as every customer is their first customer.
Fun Workplace
Family Room Specialist/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2015
- Great management who provide support throughout your career
- Great job culture as everything is fun
- Work/Life balance
- Fast-Paced environment
Great place to work, interact with residential and executive clientele.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2013
Working for Apple was a terrific move! By doing so, I was able to learn the culture of one of the world's leading companies and see how their culture is formulated. As a people-driven company, I've been fortunate enough to learn how important it is to build lasting consumer relationships, the right environment to create an efficient staff, and how to make success contagious.

My coworkers grew to become friends, my managers became mentors, and the work became a challenge I looked forward to every time I walked through the door.

Pros
Great staff, competent and progressive management, new experiences
It was a reasonable place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton7 June 2015
There is a slight case of geeks gone wild here, and they have a culture where they are the best and if you don't know EVERYTHING about computers you're not as good as those who do. Steve Jobs is basically God here, its a bit bizarre, but at the end of the day he signs the cheques I guess, so he deserves some praise…
Good for a temporary job while you work on your career.
Concierge/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2012
Apple isn't for everyone. It's a stressful job, with terrible management. But it pays well, and the co-workers were amazing. I met some of my favourite people in the world while working there.

In a week, we would see over 50,000 people come through the doors. All of whom were looking for something different. You had to remain calm, and remember everything about all the staff members and their knowledge, while remembering the information of the product.

Plus, the job was always changing. And the products were always changing. You would have to take the initiative to learn something new every day.
Pros
good pay, good coworkers
Cons
long hours, lots of customers, stress, people yelling at you
Great Potential
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario30 September 2014
I worked for a Vendor site for Apple. Apple and the Job itself was Fantastic even though it was difficult. I excelled at the job and the position. The problem was it was for a Vendor site and the site was run very very poorly. Fantastic co-workers, Management was horrible. I left because someone threatened to physically fight me, instead of firing him, they gave me a water bottle. They just hand you stuff that Apple gives them to you to shut you up. Management fired over 150 people and then attempted to replace them. They could not because the Vendor's reputation in the region is viewed very poorly. The Management team has run three call centre's into the ground. Wish Management was organized better and that they viewed a worker not as a "person in a seat" but as a human being.
Pros
Co-workers, some of the most fantastic people you have ever met
Cons
Management was run very poorly by a person who has lost connection with the people under her
Sitel, apple campain
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2013
I answer calls for apple lvl 1 tech support about mac and mac pro laptops. help customer resolves issue with the product and sell item to help out. handle stressed out customer over the phone when they are mad about the product goes down.

I learn a lot about apple Tiger os i think is 10.4 helping customer solve issue over the phone and guiding them to a solution.

management was lacking in training and supporting the agents.

Co-works only cared about pay.

handling a very stressed out customer with out taking it personally.
Most enjoyable was helping customer solve their issue with the mac laptops.
Pros
good paying
Cons
job security.
Great place to work at
Technician/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 March 2016
Apple is a great place to work at with competitive wages and so many opportunities to grow. Loved my experience there and would recommend it to anyone.
Apple has the best worker friendly environment
Sales Rep/Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 December 2014
Apple is very selective at choosing the best employees. I have never had a manager that wasn't polite and cared about your well being. Each manager wants you to prosper and grow that they meet with you every quarter to talk about goals and how you can improve. Their pay is great for a retail store. They are very considerate about your personal life and will accommodate you with emergencies and family issues. It is a very rewarding job.
Pros
discount on electronics, great pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not a forever career and unusual culture
Review Summary
Operated as a technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 July 2016
Apple has a great working environment, and every single person from top to bottom makes you feel as if you're part of a team! I recommend it to anyone who's looking for such a welcoming environment!
Company lacks leadership and accountability for upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB12 March 2014
Long days, confusing work requirements. Poor decisions made in haste by upper management, then when it doesn't work out store managers are blamed. No opportunity for advancement. co-workers were fine, but some quite unreliable. Hardest part of the job was to try and present a great store feel when orders were not filled and stock did not arrive on a consistent basis. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and their needs and working hard to meet those needs.
Pros
great customers
Cons
Poor leadership from above
Productive Work Environment
MacBook Sales Consultant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 July 2016
Great and productive work environment helping customers understand and purchase most benefiting products to their lifestyle needs.
Amazing place to work!
Apple IS&T and Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC27 January 2016
Very professional and well organized place to work, very much like no other. Great team, fast paced environment, understanding and realistic management team in every Apple store. many opportunities available. One of the most enjoyable part of job is still having so much energy at the end of every day.
Pros
They treat you amazing.
Cons
Difficult to get into.
Great Employer
Apple Store Leader Program (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 November 2012
A typical day is very busy a lot going on. I learned to be very humble, I also learned how to be a true leader in my role. Working side by side people who understand you and respect you was amazing. Management, they are pretty good to you. They understand work life balance. Very flexible. The hardest part of that job is accepting in the moment feedback and learning to take it and what to take away from it then learn how to reflect on it. The best part of that job was the people, internally and externally.
Pros
a lot of fun.
Cons
there are not any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3