Apple Employee Reviews in Canada

nice work place professional environment
iOS Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 30, 2015
professional enviroment, friendly people , modern office and modern and up to date office computers , pay is low and no employee discounts.
Good for a temporary job while you work on your career.
Concierge/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2012
Apple isn't for everyone. It's a stressful job, with terrible management. But it pays well, and the co-workers were amazing. I met some of my favourite people in the world while working there.

In a week, we would see over 50,000 people come through the doors. All of whom were looking for something different. You had to remain calm, and remember everything about all the staff members and their knowledge, while remembering the information of the product.

Plus, the job was always changing. And the products were always changing. You would have to take the initiative to learn something new every day.
Pros
good pay, good coworkers
Cons
long hours, lots of customers, stress, people yelling at you
Apple has the best worker friendly environment
Sales Rep/Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 24, 2014
Apple is very selective at choosing the best employees. I have never had a manager that wasn't polite and cared about your well being. Each manager wants you to prosper and grow that they meet with you every quarter to talk about goals and how you can improve. Their pay is great for a retail store. They are very considerate about your personal life and will accommodate you with emergencies and family issues. It is a very rewarding job.
Pros
discount on electronics, great pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not a forever career and unusual culture
Sitel, apple campain
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
I answer calls for apple lvl 1 tech support about mac and mac pro laptops. help customer resolves issue with the product and sell item to help out. handle stressed out customer over the phone when they are mad about the product goes down.

I learn a lot about apple Tiger os i think is 10.4 helping customer solve issue over the phone and guiding them to a solution.

management was lacking in training and supporting the agents.

Co-works only cared about pay.

handling a very stressed out customer with out taking it personally.
Most enjoyable was helping customer solve their issue with the mac laptops.
Pros
good paying
Cons
job security.
Company lacks leadership and accountability for upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, ABMarch 12, 2014
Long days, confusing work requirements. Poor decisions made in haste by upper management, then when it doesn't work out store managers are blamed. No opportunity for advancement. co-workers were fine, but some quite unreliable. Hardest part of the job was to try and present a great store feel when orders were not filled and stock did not arrive on a consistent basis. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and their needs and working hard to meet those needs.
Pros
great customers
Cons
poor leadership from above
Fun and packed with new learning oppurtinuties.
Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2015
Apple is a great company to work with, I love working at apple, every day I learn something new. Apple takes care of its employees in great respect. I am very exited and happy to be a part of apple team.
Pros
confidential
Cons
na
Fun work environment.
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 2, 2015
I enjoyed working at Apple in the Steve Jobs era. Since the passing of Steve, the company has started to go down a path I'm not that passionate about. I value my time spent at Apple and will take the great knowledge they gave me to whatever I do next. It's just time for a change.
Fast Pace Retail company
Expert/Business Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2013
There is no dull moment in Apple store. Once the store is open people flock inside the store to get an appointment or get to know the latest craze in town for technology. Being with Apple for almost 3 years is such a rewarding moment for me, everyday you learned new things and meeting interesting people along the way. We, as a team, we rely on each other. I can say that Teamwork is the key word for us. Our management always making it sure that we know the business acumen and whats our main focus for the day. They are always there for you whenever you need someone to talk to even on a stressful day.
Pros
big savings on accessories.
Cons
growth development are too slow
Nice place to work and phenomenal people to work with
specialist manager (Former Employee) –  EdmontonAugust 25, 2014
Not a bad place to work, wouldn't work there again if I had the chance to, full of optimistic people, but too much stress on the job. Management is alright but goals are kinda unreachable especially at christmas.
Pros
1 hour lunch & good pay
Cons
too much stress
Excellent place for students!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2014
A typical day for me would involve technical support and the odd sale here and there. In my time there I have had the opportunity to learn all about the Mac operating system, along with some of it's Pro Applications. Before I started here I knew nothing about the Apple culture or even the hardware itself. In the time I have spent here I have learned a lot and very quickly. The people that work there are second to none as they are probably some of the most supportive people I have ever met! The most enjoyable part of the job is how your fellow co-workers eventually begin to feel like one big extended family! It's a great place to work!
Great Job for a sales person
Apple Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Drive sales through relationships with others to help you meet high targets. Can be very challenging to maintain high growth rates. Commission based environment. Apple culture is amazing to work for. Great perks, like yearly conferences. Gotta work every weekend.
Pros
good pay for good sales people, culture is good, some job perks
Cons
work weekends
Big brand, but small issues still got addressed
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 25, 2014
Working for Apple was an experience, to say the least. Our customers were a mix of people new to our technology, people passionate about our technology, and people angry because their technology wasn't working the way they wanted it to be, but we had the tools for dealing with all of them. Whether our resources were feeling comfortable being drawn into hour-long conversations about the differences between computers or knowing which of our colleagues to ask for a specific detail or knowing just when to find someone else to help our customer out, they were always available. Our leadership team had some rough patches in my time there, but things were constantly being worked on and our leadership team did show genuine interest in making sure every employee was set up for their own personal successes, even if things took a few months to sort out.
Great
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 14, 2015
Amazing place to work daily, great culture great people, great great great great reat great great greatreat great great greatreat great great greatreat great great great
Frequently busy store
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 5, 2015
This location of the Apple store is ridiculously busy all the time. I learned to think quickly on my feet, how to respond to a myriad of questions, how to relay information with other staff, and how to deal with sometimes challenging customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management at the time
Rewarding Experience
Child Care Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Apple Child Care Center
I love the environment, my co-workers and the children.
Everyone is very friendly, caring and is all about being a TEAM! which I find very important.
Pros
Gaining knowledge and understanding of child developments
Cons
Hours Cut
Excellent place to work and improve technical and professional skills among a diverse and talented pool of colleagues and exceptional managers.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2013
Without a doubt, the best job that I have ever had. The people that work there inspired me and encouraged me on those days when I really needed it. A fantastic learning experience and for a people-person like myself, I could not ask for more. I would highly recommend this retail experience as an eye-opener. Apple has set the bar for service and the complete customer experience and their employees are always nudging the bar upwards.
Pros
provides the ultimate retail environment in which to serve customers.
Cons
none.
Today's Chef are tomorrows IT's
Designer, Programmer and Publisher (Current Employee) –  Toronto,OnAugust 28, 2014
Pizza hut is hard place to work. There is so much to do while not provided with enough time to complete the tasks. It however open room to learn and improve many skills. It is a good place for an IT to start. Team work, Organization, time management are few of the skills which are obtained or improved working at the Pizza hut.
Same as Previous
Technical Care Management (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 5, 2014
They outsource the call center help to a company that does respect its employees.
Home work balance is awful. You work 44 hours on calls for 8 months out of the year, and you are pressured to take extra time off when they are 'slow' even when you are not compensated enough to buy food and bills.
Apple Review
Store Leader (Store Manager) (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCApril 8, 2013
My days were certainly never the same twice. Apple environment is very fast paced. I could be right in the thick if things with sales/service teams, interacting with customers at one moment or on a strategic planing calls for the division. My most enjoyable part of the job was leading my team. I was so fortunate to hand pick every individual on my team. To see them all learn and grow so quickly was a blast! The toughest part was trying to maintain a great balance between family and my role with retail schedule being what it is. Overall an amazing experience!
Great place to work and develop
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 16, 2015
Nothing but great things to say about working for Apple. They have been amazing for my personal and professional development.

4.3