Apple Employee Reviews

Great place to start a career.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Amazing people, great culture. The retail side is a great opportunity to build life skills as well as professional. Career advancement is extremely tough, and transfer into corporate realms is virtually non-existant.
Apple Retail... Same as any retail
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2017
Nothing special. You can do 1 of 3 things... Sell, tech support or management. No room to move to corporate. Management is very selective on who they like and dislike. Salary is good. Good health benefits. Don't expect a rewarding career.
Pros
Health, Dental, Stocks, High pay for what you do
Cons
Management, Retail, Hours
Good place to work . Good luck getting promotion
FAMILY ROOM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2017
its all in the title!

Apple would rather place you in "work place experiences" than promote you or raise your wage. The year raises are also pretty tiny
No major complaints
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canada27 July 2017
Having worked for Apple for a little over 5 years, I can tell you it's a good job. Pay isn't the highest, but it's better than most retail jobs. Benefits related to health and dental are where the good stuff is though... both part time and full time employees enjoy comprehensive benefits (and at very minimal cost per pay-cheque).

Environment is good, busy. People can be very demanding and self-righteous... very demanding as if they are the most important person alive. You get the usual yelling people, you get sad people, you get every type of person you can think of.

Advancement is okay if you sip the sauce... peers are very competitive, and there can often be a sense of favouritism. So be prepared to play the political field with your peers and managers.
Benefits
Cons
Good luck working a second job, or getting two consecutive days off.
Excellent!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec12 June 2017
Working at Apple throughout my college and university years was invigorating. I benefitted from gaining valuable life and work skills through proper training. I appreciate and cherish my time spent working there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, flexibility
Cons
Dry air, a little overwhelming somtimes
Dealing with different people and assisting them to the world's most innovative products.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2017
I learned a lot from my work experience, how to deal with different people from diverse community by dealing 40 people a day. Learned how to lead the life with discipline. Learned how to prioritize and organize your work as per the needs of time.
Pros
outstanding exposure to world of innovatons
productive, reliable and accountable
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
while working at apple, there were many opportunities to learn the technical and personal approach to helping a customer, I found very helpful though management and other colleagues sharing their successful approach and wording to properly assist the customer in their decisions.
Pros
freedom to learn
Cons
time restraints
Great company to work for while enjoying life.
Expert (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 May 2017
A typical day at work involves being informed on the day's goals, as well as new initiatives being implemented to improve the customer journey.

I often learn a lot about my clients' lifestyles, which helps to more effectively offer transformational service.

The most challenge aspect is dealing with ambiguity. I'm very good at it, but there is quite a bit of it to deal with. The best part, however, is the team of individuals I get to interact with on a daily basis. Creative individuals who inspire each other to bring our best each day.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement and growth
Senior Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 May 2017
I really enjoyed my time with Minacs Peterborough, especially in Tier 2 CPU. I met many people I will remain friends with for the rest of my life. The work can be demanding and difficult and the customers unruly, but it was one of the best jobs I've ever quit.
Pros
Lots of employee fun stuff
Cons
some brutal managers
Culture is one sided
Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Apple knows how keep the incentives coming for their employees however use that to their advantage.

The store is a very busy place to work, not enough break times, and very demanding environment.
Pros
good salaries for full time employees
Cons
horrible management and no growth within the company.
Customer experience excellence
Apple Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Driven to always offer the best solutions for our customers
Connecting with business partners and aligning your goals with them is crucial to the ASC role.
Developing your own business plan that best suites you and your business partners independently
Amazing Training & Life Changing Experience
Product Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
Apple Canada Inc., teaches you more than just the job aspect. It sets you up with life skills through their industry-leading training and surrounding you with the necessary work environment to achieve your goals.

Apple does it like no other and is one of the best environments I have professionally step foot in.
Pros
Work environment & Work culture
Cons
Retail Variable Hours
Nice people
(Calgary) - FRS (Service Technician) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 May 2017
Great staff to work with; managers mostly are glorified sales people and have been trained to put off promoting people with smoke and mirrors and 'self-improvement' courses (internal). The job is back breaking (you are not allowed to sit or lean on anything) and hours are all over the map being that most of the Apple stores follow mall hours.
Pros
Discounts on Apple and affiliated partner products
Cons
Long hours, shift work, little pay and very little opportunity for promotions
Amazing work environment that fosters both work and personal growth.
Specialist/Visuals/FR Specialist/Genius (Current Employee) –  100 City Centre Drive24 April 2017
Hard to write a review about a company that has done so much for me and my own personal growth over the last 5 years. Definitely would recommend this work experience for anyone.
Productive and fun place to work with
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 April 2017
Great place to work with. Excellent work environment and Professional management. Excellent perks and benefits. Continuous learning and development. Diversified work force.
Great place with even better people
Sales and Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 April 2017
Apple has strengthened my ability to build relationships with people over the last three years. I've met individuals from all walks of life, I've learned about so many different things I was unaware of before, and it's impacted my life because of it.
Amazing
Product Zone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2017
Very engaging work experience, you learn a lot about corporate and retail culture. A unique work environment in which everyone is to be treated with respect.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2017
Management is fair and friendly if you have a good connection with them. Favouritism is an issue here, but if you work hard and connect with the managers you will do well
Dynamic workplace
Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
Flexible schedule.
Fast paced environment.
Great benefits.
Positive atmosphere.
Ability to branch out within company.
Education on sales and personal skills.
Perfect job for students
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
As a student, incredibly flexible with work/life balance and respect towards your position and how you can advance in the company. Employees feel generally valued, and can speak freely and openly (feedback culture appreciated).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2