Apple Employee Reviews

Family run business providing excellent customer service
Auto Glass Administrative Assistant/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2017
i enjoyed working at this family run business. I was offered training to exspand my skills to have me working in shop as well as custome. I was given the oportunity to advance in my job and take on more responsibilty. Duties included greeting customers, answering phone lines, invoicing, scheduling appointment
Pros
family run
Cons
family sold business
Apple is a world class company but not in Canada
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
The management team is not great. There is no employee engagement or career development planning. For such a great company it's too bad they don't want to make the most of their people or keep them happy and engaged.
Great Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 August 2016
Great work life balance, great management team, fun atmosphere with great people to work with. Really care about its employees and collaborative environment.
Great Place To work
Service / Support Programs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 November 2016
Most enjoyable place to work, Co-workers were like family members Management were always there for you. Everyday was a new and enjoyable challenge
Amazing work experience
Engineering Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA31 January 2017
Apple is great place to work. Got to learn a lot of new technology, amazing and great minds to work with in the team. Very intense and agile environment. Awesome cafes!
Productive, fun, exciting, but little room for advancement
Retail Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario2 April 2015
Travel between multiple retail locations, join multiple conference calls throughout the week, assist others in growing in their role and with the company.
Select management is great and really assists with your development, others lack certain skills and do not always give the needed tools to succeed.
Hardest part of the job is staying busy and managing your time productively in the slower seasons with very little direction.
The most enjoyable part is finding success in your role by achieving your quota and seeing the growth in performance across your multiple locations.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, beautiful office
Cons
little room for advancement, select management give poor feedback/reviews
An Overall great experience representing the best product.
Expert (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2015
My time at Apple has taught me a lot in terms of how to align with people and learn the true value of leadership. I started with Apple as a part-time specialist, and worked my way to Sales Expert. It was a great experience in a sense that I didn't just work on my own success, but I started to spread that success to others. I became a mentor to many and I inspired many to transform relationships and create owners that were promoters.
Pros
Great Benefits, Job Security, Great people to work with
Cons
Not the best work/life balance
Great culture and place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2016
Amazing company, total compensation package could be better. More opportunities in the U.S market as compared to Canada. At times, management does not have a clear vision for Apple Business.
Fun workplace with supportive leadership
Genius (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 October 2016
Management and co-workers go beyond the workplace and take interest in you as a person. Easy to feel like a close knit community.
Super Fun and Great Company
Sales Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 July 2014
Apple was an incredible experience, it taught me the value of bringing trust to customers and really making someones day by giving them amazing service. Products are fantastic and culture is very laid back and friendly. There's lots of room for advancement and opportunities with the company. I had a great deal of fun when I was working for Apple whether as a specialist or technician i always loved going in, and managers were very keen to help in any way possible even if it was personal. A great experience and fantastic work/life balance. Quotas and sales are still a big part of the environment but aren't regarded as mandatory.
Pros
Great Culture and Benefits
Cons
Quotas
Always learning new things
Canada Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 May 2014
Was a fun place to work. I would always learn new things from product knowledge to customer service.

The management team was incredible; I have never been so impressed with how they came together to help everyone out from personal problems to work related issues.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful; everyone learned something from someone else since we all had our strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours ( mostly when there was no on in the store).

The most enjoyable part, I would have to say opening up the store. We put up all the shelves, received all the products, placing them, being able to get a first glance at everything before the customers did.
Pros
The benefits and pay
Retail is not Apple
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2014
First of, pay is good.

They want you to be a robot, the director of Canada is a micro manger, he only has this position because he opened a MP3 shot at he first location in Canada.

Vacation sucks, 2 weeks? Brutal

Benefits are the worst I've ever seen in any company i have ever worked for.

No work life balance, you are all over the board, working days, nights, and then overnights every 2 months because they decide to change an angle of a table.

Staff hate it, only resin they stay is the $$ which causes problems at the end of the day.

I feel Apple pays there employees to shut up! Here is lots of Money, now don't say anything or cause any problems no matter how bad it is.
Pros
$$
Cons
Benfits, Vacation, Upper Management
Fun work environment
Senior Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 December 2016
Had a great time at Minacs working on behalf of Apple
Great people and I learned a lot about Apple
I would go back if I lived closer
Productive and Exciting Work Environment
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Learn how to defuse situations, problem solve on the fly, and how to probe for information. Great fun loving team, all of whom are willing to lend a helping hand.
Great experiene
Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Island, QC28 August 2016
Great people to be working with. Super dynamic and full of energy,
Well organised company with a lot of opportunities for advancement.
A great technology company for people of various walks of life
Genius / In-house (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2012
A great company to work for. You meet many people in the job from all over the world, get to meet the occasional celebrity, and challenge yourself continually. The company will encourage and assist where possible for personal growth in the company, but for those wishing to go beyond retail, there is little opportunity within Canada for this.
Pros
plenty of catered food, great benefits, challenging, high pace environment
Cons
exhaustive hours, poor advancement opportunities, management and job goals can be unrealistic at times
Awesome place to work!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2016
Fast paced and energetic atmosphere. Very diverse range of tasks to complete. My favorite part of the job is being able to discuss and interact with technology everyday with like minded people. Very strong leadership team and excellent co-workers.
Good place to work, with exciting opportunity for change.
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 June 2016
The typical day at Apple is rewarding in two major ways. You have the opportunity to connect with a fantastic team of people. Apple focuses on their people, which allows for a group of unique, diverse, and highly talented individuals. The second part is providing a fulfilling experience to the customer, and therefore the local community. Apple products have always been known for being able to do amazing things, and to be a part of that culture can be highly rewarding.

The thing to know about any technology industry is that you never stop learning, and growing. The opportunity to constantly improve upon oneself is a reward and a benefit in itself. You must however be willing to adapt and change along with the company. Resistance can make things difficult.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of innovation and autonomy. Apple is very particular in their policy and procedure, and therefore give little room for individuals to be unique and creative. If you are an individual who is seeking true autonomy in a role, this might not be the fit for you.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
No Autonomy
Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork2 October 2016
Identify and troubleshoot issues with customer machines Mac OS 9/Mac OS X/Server and hardware.

Document all issues that customer was having with machine and order replacement and repairs where needed.
Productive and a fun workplace dealing with customers everyday
Family Room Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2016
-dealing with customers mobile/computer issues
-learned how to fix and triage devices
-hardest part of working there was to sympathize and empathize with negative customers.
-meeting new people everyday and helping them with they're issues with apple products and making them walk out the store happy
-very devise people working at apple. everyone had a very interesting background

4.3