Apple

2K reviews

Apple Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Big brand, but small issues still got addressed
Specialist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 25, 2014
Working for Apple was an experience, to say the least. Our customers were a mix of people new to our technology, people passionate about our technology, and people angry because their technology wasn't working the way they wanted it to be, but we had the tools for dealing with all of them. Whether our resources were feeling comfortable being drawn into hour-long conversations about the differences between computers or knowing which of our colleagues to ask for a specific detail or knowing just when to find someone else to help our customer out, they were always available. Our leadership team had some rough patches in my time there, but things were constantly being worked on and our leadership team did show genuine interest in making sure every employee was set up for their own personal successes, even if things took a few months to sort out.
The best company in the world
BOH-Specialist (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Absolutely the best work place I have ever worked in my 19 year career.
Cons: Advancement is slow and dependent on how willing you are ready to work in other departments, which you would otherwise dislike or are not ready to try out.
Working at apple is an exciting experience and there are challenges almost everyday which are a pleasure to deal with mostly because they are all unique and you will learn a lot out of it. All the employees be it in management or expert or genius or specialist they are all trained very well. Very good benefits and also very good pay system. i would not have left the company after 4 years even with all these great things, the only major thing that was lacking is the advancement for a person in the profile of his or her choice. Being an hardcore inventory person I would have stuck on to the company if it had any kind of advancement locally.
Productive, fun, exciting, but little room for advancement
Retail Account Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great pay, beautiful office
Cons: little room for advancement, select management give poor feedback/reviews
Travel between multiple retail locations, join multiple conference calls throughout the week, assist others in growing in their role and with the company.
Select management is great and really assists with your development, others lack certain skills and do not always give the needed tools to succeed.
Hardest part of the job is staying busy and managing your time productively in the slower seasons with very little direction.
The most enjoyable part is finding success in your role by achieving your quota and seeing the growth in performance across your multiple locations.
Always learning new things
Canada Specialist (Former Employee), Brossard, QCMay 20, 2014
Pros: the benefits and pay
Cons: long hours
Was a fun place to work. I would always learn new things from product knowledge to customer service.

The management team was incredible; I have never been so impressed with how they came together to help everyone out from personal problems to work related issues.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful; everyone learned something from someone else since we all had our strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours ( mostly when there was no on in the store).

The most enjoyable part, I would have to say opening up the store. We put up all the shelves, received all the products, placing them, being able to get a first glance at everything before the customers did.
Good for a temporary job while you work on your career.
Concierge/Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2012
Pros: good pay, good coworkers
Cons: long hours, lots of customers, stress, people yelling at you
Apple isn't for everyone. It's a stressful job, with terrible management. But it pays well, and the co-workers were amazing. I met some of my favourite people in the world while working there.

In a week, we would see over 50,000 people come through the doors. All of whom were looking for something different. You had to remain calm, and remember everything about all the staff members and their knowledge, while remembering the information of the product.

Plus, the job was always changing. And the products were always changing. You would have to take the initiative to learn something new every day.
Super Fun and Great Company
Sales Representative/Technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great culture and benefits
Cons: quotas
Apple was an incredible experience, it taught me the value of bringing trust to customers and really making someones day by giving them amazing service. Products are fantastic and culture is very laid back and friendly. There's lots of room for advancement and opportunities with the company. I had a great deal of fun when I was working for Apple whether as a specialist or technician i always loved going in, and managers were very keen to help in any way possible even if it was personal. A great experience and fantastic work/life balance. Quotas and sales are still a big part of the environment but aren't regarded as mandatory.
Retail is not Apple
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: $$
Cons: benfits, vacation, upper management
First of, pay is good.

They want you to be a robot, the director of Canada is a micro manger, he only has this position because he opened a MP3 shot at he first location in Canada.

Vacation sucks, 2 weeks? Brutal

Benefits are the worst I've ever seen in any company i have ever worked for.

No work life balance, you are all over the board, working days, nights, and then overnights every 2 months because they decide to change an angle of a table.

Staff hate it, only resin they stay is the $$ which causes problems at the end of the day.

I feel Apple pays there employees to shut up! Here is lots of Money, now don't say anything or cause any problems no matter how bad it is.
Fast Pace Retail company
Expert/Business Ambassador (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2013
Pros: big savings on accessories.
Cons: growth development are too slow
There is no dull moment in Apple store. Once the store is open people flock inside the store to get an appointment or get to know the latest craze in town for technology. Being with Apple for almost 3 years is such a rewarding moment for me, everyday you learned new things and meeting interesting people along the way. We, as a team, we rely on each other. I can say that Teamwork is the key word for us. Our management always making it sure that we know the business acumen and whats our main focus for the day. They are always there for you whenever you need someone to talk to even on a stressful day.
Excellent place to work and improve technical and professional skills among a diverse and talented pool of colleagues and exceptional managers.
Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: provides the ultimate retail environment in which to serve customers.
Cons: none.
Without a doubt, the best job that I have ever had. The people that work there inspired me and encouraged me on those days when I really needed it. A fantastic learning experience and for a people-person like myself, I could not ask for more. I would highly recommend this retail experience as an eye-opener. Apple has set the bar for service and the complete customer experience and their employees are always nudging the bar upwards.
Sitel, apple campain
Support Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
Pros: good paying
Cons: job security.
I answer calls for apple lvl 1 tech support about mac and mac pro laptops. help customer resolves issue with the product and sell item to help out. handle stressed out customer over the phone when they are mad about the product goes down.

I learn a lot about apple Tiger os i think is 10.4 helping customer solve issue over the phone and guiding them to a solution.

management was lacking in training and supporting the agents.

Co-works only cared about pay.

handling a very stressed out customer with out taking it personally.
Most enjoyable was helping customer solve their issue with the mac laptops.
Work experience
Technicien (Former Employee), montrealJuly 4, 2015
A full day at apple will go really fast since there's so many people to help that keep me busy all the time. since i stated at apple i learned to do good customer experience to customer, leaned more about the apple device and also was trained in California to repair apple produce. the best management team so far in my career life and really helpful and nice coworkers. the hardest art of the job is sometime maintains couple hundred of the customer that visit the technical department and the fun part of it that no one in the place looses the cool and keep helping customer as every customer is their first customer.
Apple has the best worker friendly environment
Sales Rep/Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 24, 2014
Pros: discount on electronics, great pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not a forever career and unusual culture
Apple is very selective at choosing the best employees. I have never had a manager that wasn't polite and cared about your well being. Each manager wants you to prosper and grow that they meet with you every quarter to talk about goals and how you can improve. Their pay is great for a retail store. They are very considerate about your personal life and will accommodate you with emergencies and family issues. It is a very rewarding job.
A great technology company for people of various walks of life
Genius / In-house (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2012
Pros: plenty of catered food, great benefits, challenging, high pace environment
Cons: exhaustive hours, poor advancement opportunities, management and job goals can be unrealistic at times
A great company to work for. You meet many people in the job from all over the world, get to meet the occasional celebrity, and challenge yourself continually. The company will encourage and assist where possible for personal growth in the company, but for those wishing to go beyond retail, there is little opportunity within Canada for this.
Apple Review
Store Leader (Store Manager) (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 8, 2013
My days were certainly never the same twice. Apple environment is very fast paced. I could be right in the thick if things with sales/service teams, interacting with customers at one moment or on a strategic planing calls for the division. My most enjoyable part of the job was leading my team. I was so fortunate to hand pick every individual on my team. To see them all learn and grow so quickly was a blast! The toughest part was trying to maintain a great balance between family and my role with retail schedule being what it is. Overall an amazing experience!
Great Values, strong customer focus
sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Fun
Cons: Repetitive
It's never a dull moment at Apple. I've enhanced my customer experience since I've been at Apple. They focus on customer value as well as employee job satisfaction. I work with over 100 people, and everyone is so friendly! We don't have team building exercises, yet everyone gets along. The hardest part of my job is trying to change positions. There isn't much movement within the company. The most enjoyable part is being able to go to work everyday and learn something new.
Excellent culture and fun place to work.
Retail Expert (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and pay structure.
Cons: work life balance could've improved.
Excellent experience and support/training.
Great opportunity to coach a large team and provide amazing experiences to each and every customer walking in to the store.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with such great talented team. Amazing opportunity to work on such great life changing products.
a dry and dull place to work with little compensation
Care Technician Minacs (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 3, 2015
Pros: people are very nice and mngmt tries to do with what they have
Cons: horrible hours and pay
The atmosphere is very draining. This may be similar in other call centers. The hours and the pay are the worst i've ever experienced. There is little room for advancement and if if you did advance the pay is still minimal and the hours don't allow for much of a life outside of work.
Great Place to Work
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), TORONTOJuly 22, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to train team members on an incredible product that I am passionate about. Also, having a mobile office where my surroundings changed on a daily basis as well as my team.
Cons: Little opportunity for career advancement
Overall, Apple was a great place to work. They put so much time and effort into their employees and products its hard not to come to work passionate everyday.
Great Job for a sales person
Apple Solution Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good pay for good sales people, culture is good, some job perks
Cons: work weekends
Drive sales through relationships with others to help you meet high targets. Can be very challenging to maintain high growth rates. Commission based environment. Apple culture is amazing to work for. Great perks, like yearly conferences. Gotta work every weekend.
Amazing place to work!
Apple IS&T and Specialist (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: They treat you amazing.
Cons: Difficult to get into.
Very professional and well organized place to work, very much like no other. Great team, fast paced environment, understanding and realistic management team in every Apple store. many opportunities available. One of the most enjoyable part of job is still having so much energy at the end of every day.
Headquarters