Apple Employee Reviews

Don't let the fake smiles fool you
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
It's not a difficult job, however, hard work does not pay off. Everything is a personality contest. If you rub one manager the wrong way, you will never get any opportunities for growth. If you aren't their perfect little Apple boy/girl, forget about getting full time hours or changing roles.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Short/inconvenient hours, cliquey culture, unprofessional/fake management
dont apply there
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
the work place ther is like a kindergraden
the management doesnt seam to know what is happening in the center system always crash
the hire IT is nearly neaver there the hire agent have to fix the issue by themeself when the a office it hire/paid to do that work
Cons
low salary, no benefits before 6 months
Dynamic fast paced & constantly changing workplace.
Creative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
Working at Apple thus far has been a great experience, new challenges arise frequently, and working in an environment that is constantly in-flux helps develop the skill of dealing with ambiguity.
Apple provides great benefits to it's employees, and there is a general sense that the company really appreciates its employees.
Pros
Many perks such as a really good Benefits program, Educational tuition assistance, Employee Shares Purchase Program, Group RRSP, Big discount on products for employees, Diversity is celebrated (race, sexuality, etc).
Cons
Retail-type scheduling can have a negative impact on work/life balance
Great pay, Great talent, dynamic environment.
Apple Certified Mac Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
- work/life balance needs improvement (set/preferred schedules)
- excellent place to push the limits of what you think are possible for yourself
- management at the retail level would benefit from internal promotions, rather than external hires (internals truly understand Apple 'culture')
- great place to meet talented and intelligent folk with passions in music, photography, videography, entrepreneurial endeavors
Pros
Dynamic/Challenging environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours
needs a restructuring of management
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2016
retail stores needs major restructuring. Managers need to be hired based on experience and qualifications. They need more transparency and a better management of hours.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad management, no work ethic, gotta be BFF with managers to advance;not experienced
Great opportunities for growth and personal development
Specialist/Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2016
So far, the greatest team I have ever worked with. We are focused, efficient, and most importantly, caring for each other and customers and their needs. I have grown more here than anywhere else. I've learnt more about business and more about myself here too.
Pros
Benefits, Friends, Culture
Cons
Odd hours, Little work life balance
Great culture
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Apple cares about its people and encourages development. They strive on customer experience instead of sales. Work life balance was great. Benefits were extended to part timers.
The only thing I will miss are my co-workers
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2016
Managers do not treat the employees equally. They only move their favourite people in advancement for their own selfish reasons. Not enough hours either. The worst part of the job are the customers.
Pros
Great benefits and incentives only
Cons
They are starting to cut down hours
Fun and Fast
IN-STORE GUEST TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC10 September 2016
Great people, Amazing atmosphere and great products. A lot of skills and competencies are learned in my experience with the company. They develop their people to be professionals.
Pros
Salary is great and best people work there
Cons
Not much room to move to corporate
Interesting Workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2016
Apple is a a great place to work, be mindful of the atmosphere. Drink the Kool-Aid and fit in with the culture, if you don't you will not last long.
Pros
Good benefits, interesting products
Fun and Entertaining Environment
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 May 2016
it is a great place to work in. no work pressure and support team leaders and smiling management at all times. great pay good benefits and mainly the co workers become outside of work friends so its friends we work with at apple. a normal day is just taking calls and checking emails for fun activities and company treats and compititions as well. it does get a little draining constatnly talking for 8 - 10 hours a day lol fun though.
Pros
free lunchs sometimes, activities
Cons
grumpy customers or long calls
Apple
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga29 September 2016
In the whole of my career I do not believe I work for a company as incredible as Apple.I acquired so much,there the management the culture the work life balance just the whole thoughts on the way they work as a company and treat the staff.
Good Job, High Stress.
Genius (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 February 2017
The Job itself is great, there are not enough stores/employees to help the number of customers that need assistance so you are expected to help a certain number of customers per hour or helping 2 or 3 people at a time. This makes for a poor experience a lot of customers. Management only cares about numbers despite what you are meant to believe. Helping the customers can be very rewarding as in a lot of cases they are not the strongest with technology. Repairing computers and phones can also be more about how many can you get done an hour which can lead to mistakes and longer wait times.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no time to get things done
Perfect job for students
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
As a student, incredibly flexible with work/life balance and respect towards your position and how you can advance in the company. Employees feel generally valued, and can speak freely and openly (feedback culture appreciated).
A Very Unique Culture
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Apple's mission statement and public initiatives are felt internally within the company everyday. Privacy, environmental friendliness, gender equality, inclusivity, diversity are not just marketing buzz words but something the company strives to achieve everyday in the way it treats its customers and employees.

Working at the Genius Bar, my typical day involves taking appointments to diagnose and resolve issues our customers may be facing with their Apple products and services.

The most challenging part of working in an Apple Store would have to be adjusting to the high traffic environment and being able to give a consistent customer experience to each and every customer that walks into the store.
a diverse team with unique talents - people focus
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2017
The company has a strong vision. It is very rewarding to work for a company that really thrives to make positive impacts on the way we live. Leadership has a very important responsibility to spread their words and help the big team, envision the future with Apple and empower each and every one of team members to maximise their talents to make this vision true. It requires a hard work to keep up in the company. Great place to learn leadership skills.
Pros
Rewarding experience to lead a diverse team
Cons
Schedule is not stable
The best company in the world
BOH-Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2015
Working at apple is an exciting experience and there are challenges almost everyday which are a pleasure to deal with mostly because they are all unique and you will learn a lot out of it. All the employees be it in management or expert or genius or specialist they are all trained very well. Very good benefits and also very good pay system. i would not have left the company after 4 years even with all these great things, the only major thing that was lacking is the advancement for a person in the profile of his or her choice. Being an hardcore inventory person I would have stuck on to the company if it had any kind of advancement locally.
Pros
Absolutely the best work place I have ever worked in my 19 year career.
Cons
Advancement is slow and dependent on how willing you are ready to work in other departments, which you would otherwise dislike or are not ready to try out.
Great Company To Work For
Genius (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2016
I Spent 5 years at Apple and enjoyed every minute of it.

Exemplary company ethos where everyone gets along with one another.

Always busy yet every day is a rewarding one.

Very generous benefits and life insurance package with extras.

Encouraging opportunities to grow in ones career and explore new opportunities within the company.
Pros
Uplifting work environment, very little stress
Cons
Retail hours which are non consistent.
Fun and innovative
Apple Genius (Former Employee) –  Canada27 January 2017
Superb place to work, I learned so much and met many wonderful people. A culture of empowerment and leadership with a superb management team. Just a a great experience. Apple is the best!
Pros
Amazing leaders
Cons
I can't think of any!
Overall excellent experience
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2016
I enjoyed my tenure as both a Visual Merchandising Specialist & Product Specialist with Apple; the work culture was exceptional.

There was plenty of opportunities given to excel in your current role, & advance into other positions within their fast-past retail environment. Management was heavily involved in my trajectory & overall professional development, & gave me many opportunities to thrive & develop my personal skill-sets. They were supportive, & provided routine feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3