Apple Employee Reviews

Great Company To Work For
Genius (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
I Spent 5 years at Apple and enjoyed every minute of it.

Exemplary company ethos where everyone gets along with one another.

Always busy yet every day is a rewarding one.

Very generous benefits and life insurance package with extras.

Encouraging opportunities to grow in ones career and explore new opportunities within the company.
Pros
Uplifting work environment, very little stress
Cons
Retail hours which are non consistent.
The best company in the world
BOH-Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCDecember 6, 2015
Working at apple is an exciting experience and there are challenges almost everyday which are a pleasure to deal with mostly because they are all unique and you will learn a lot out of it. All the employees be it in management or expert or genius or specialist they are all trained very well. Very good benefits and also very good pay system. i would not have left the company after 4 years even with all these great things, the only major thing that was lacking is the advancement for a person in the profile of his or her choice. Being an hardcore inventory person I would have stuck on to the company if it had any kind of advancement locally.
Pros
Absolutely the best work place I have ever worked in my 19 year career.
Cons
Advancement is slow and dependent on how willing you are ready to work in other departments, which you would otherwise dislike or are not ready to try out.
Great culture and place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Amazing company, total compensation package could be better. More opportunities in the U.S market as compared to Canada. At times, management does not have a clear vision for Apple Business.
An Overall great experience representing the best product.
Expert (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2015
My time at Apple has taught me a lot in terms of how to align with people and learn the true value of leadership. I started with Apple as a part-time specialist, and worked my way to Sales Expert. It was a great experience in a sense that I didn't just work on my own success, but I started to spread that success to others. I became a mentor to many and I inspired many to transform relationships and create owners that were promoters.
Pros
Great Benefits, Job Security, Great people to work with
Cons
Not the best work/life balance
Overall excellent experience
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 6, 2016
I enjoyed my tenure as both a Visual Merchandising Specialist & Product Specialist with Apple; the work culture was exceptional.

There was plenty of opportunities given to excel in your current role, & advance into other positions within their fast-past retail environment. Management was heavily involved in my trajectory & overall professional development, & gave me many opportunities to thrive & develop my personal skill-sets. They were supportive, & provided routine feedback.
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
Great place to work, with good benefits, and perks are readily available for staff. The people are amazing and there is lots of room to grow.
I great culture for a great job
Part-time Genius (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 30, 2016
The culture that the stores provide is one of success and friendship. going to work is a lot of fun and it is great knowing that I will never have to tackle the same thing twice. The high standards make it great easy to aim for a high position. the management is very open and available for all questions and are willing to talk to you about anything that is needed.
Good place to work, with exciting opportunity for change.
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 7, 2016
The typical day at Apple is rewarding in two major ways. You have the opportunity to connect with a fantastic team of people. Apple focuses on their people, which allows for a group of unique, diverse, and highly talented individuals. The second part is providing a fulfilling experience to the customer, and therefore the local community. Apple products have always been known for being able to do amazing things, and to be a part of that culture can be highly rewarding.

The thing to know about any technology industry is that you never stop learning, and growing. The opportunity to constantly improve upon oneself is a reward and a benefit in itself. You must however be willing to adapt and change along with the company. Resistance can make things difficult.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of innovation and autonomy. Apple is very particular in their policy and procedure, and therefore give little room for individuals to be unique and creative. If you are an individual who is seeking true autonomy in a role, this might not be the fit for you.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
No Autonomy
Fun and Entertaining Environment
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2016
it is a great place to work in. no work pressure and support team leaders and smiling management at all times. great pay good benefits and mainly the co workers become outside of work friends so its friends we work with at apple. a normal day is just taking calls and checking emails for fun activities and company treats and compititions as well. it does get a little draining constatnly talking for 8 - 10 hours a day lol fun though.
Pros
free lunchs sometimes, activities
Cons
grumpy customers or long calls
Productive, fun, exciting, but little room for advancement
Retail Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2015
Travel between multiple retail locations, join multiple conference calls throughout the week, assist others in growing in their role and with the company.
Select management is great and really assists with your development, others lack certain skills and do not always give the needed tools to succeed.
Hardest part of the job is staying busy and managing your time productively in the slower seasons with very little direction.
The most enjoyable part is finding success in your role by achieving your quota and seeing the growth in performance across your multiple locations.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, beautiful office
Cons
little room for advancement, select management give poor feedback/reviews
Great opportunities for growth and personal development
Specialist/Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 8, 2016
So far, the greatest team I have ever worked with. We are focused, efficient, and most importantly, caring for each other and customers and their needs. I have grown more here than anywhere else. I've learnt more about business and more about myself here too.
Pros
Benefits, Friends, Culture
Cons
Odd hours, Little work life balance
The only thing I will miss are my co-workers
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 16, 2016
Managers do not treat the employees equally. They only move their favourite people in advancement for their own selfish reasons. Not enough hours either. The worst part of the job are the customers.
Pros
Great benefits and incentives only
Cons
They are starting to cut down hours
Apple
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 29, 2016
In the whole of my career I do not believe I work for a company as incredible as Apple.I acquired so much,there the management the culture the work life balance just the whole thoughts on the way they work as a company and treat the staff.
Interesting Workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2016
Apple is a a great place to work, be mindful of the atmosphere. Drink the Kool-Aid and fit in with the culture, if you don't you will not last long.
Pros
Good benefits, interesting products
Super Fun and Great Company
Sales Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2014
Apple was an incredible experience, it taught me the value of bringing trust to customers and really making someones day by giving them amazing service. Products are fantastic and culture is very laid back and friendly. There's lots of room for advancement and opportunities with the company. I had a great deal of fun when I was working for Apple whether as a specialist or technician i always loved going in, and managers were very keen to help in any way possible even if it was personal. A great experience and fantastic work/life balance. Quotas and sales are still a big part of the environment but aren't regarded as mandatory.
Pros
great culture and benefits
Cons
quotas
It was a reasonable place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 7, 2015
There is a slight case of geeks gone wild here, and they have a culture where they are the best and if you don't know EVERYTHING about computers you're not as good as those who do. Steve Jobs is basically God here, its a bit bizarre, but at the end of the day he signs the cheques I guess, so he deserves some praise…
Review Summary
Operated as a technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 6, 2016
Apple has a great working environment, and every single person from top to bottom makes you feel as if you're part of a team! I recommend it to anyone who's looking for such a welcoming environment!
Fast pace, busy work environment
Expert (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 17, 2016
Highly rewarding job, very busy and fast pace. Team work and innovation are critical components. Learned many invaluable skills. Incredibly hard work.
Working For Apple
Genius (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2016
great place to work
- subject to the woes of retail hours
- management is inconsistent
- great benefit plans
- high caliber of employees hired
- excellent on the job training
Always learning new things
Canada Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCMay 20, 2014
Was a fun place to work. I would always learn new things from product knowledge to customer service.

The management team was incredible; I have never been so impressed with how they came together to help everyone out from personal problems to work related issues.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful; everyone learned something from someone else since we all had our strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours ( mostly when there was no on in the store).

The most enjoyable part, I would have to say opening up the store. We put up all the shelves, received all the products, placing them, being able to get a first glance at everything before the customers did.
Pros
the benefits and pay

4.3