Apple
1,521 reviews

Apple Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fun, exciting, but little room for advancement
Retail Account Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great pay, beautiful office
Cons: little room for advancement, select management give poor feedback/reviews
Travel between multiple retail locations, join multiple conference calls throughout the week, assist others in growing in their role and with the company.
Select management is great and really assists with your development, others lack certain skills and do not always give the needed tools to succeed.
Hardest part of the job is staying busy and managing your time productively in the slower seasons with very little direction.
The most enjoyable part is finding success in your role by achieving your quota and seeing the growth in performance across your multiple locations.
Great place to work and develop
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 16, 2015
Nothing but great things to say about working for Apple. They have been amazing for my personal and professional development.
Productive and Challenging
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great pay, good energy, good employees, good benefits
Cons: random/inconsistent work hours, sometimes a bit stressful
I really enjoyed working for Apple. I loved the people and the hustle, I also really liked the potential within the company.
You never stop learning!
Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2015
If you've ever walked into an Apple store you know it can get pretty busy and crazy BUT I assure you that in that mess is a vast amount of knowledge and help to make sure you make the right decisions!
Great Job for a sales person
Apple Solution Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good pay for good sales people, culture is good, some job perks
Cons: work weekends
Drive sales through relationships with others to help you meet high targets. Can be very challenging to maintain high growth rates. Commission based environment. Apple culture is amazing to work for. Great perks, like yearly conferences. Gotta work every weekend.
Great place to start your career
Business Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Apple is a fantastic place to grow your personal attributes and try new things.
Great company and work environment
Genius Admin (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2015
Busy and fast paced environment surrounded with great coworkers.
Apple has the best worker friendly environment
Sales Rep/Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 24, 2014
Pros: discount on electronics, great pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not a forever career and unusual culture
Apple is very selective at choosing the best employees. I have never had a manager that wasn't polite and cared about your well being. Each manager wants you to prosper and grow that they meet with you every quarter to talk about goals and how you can improve. Their pay is great for a retail store. They are very considerate about your personal life and will accommodate you with emergencies and family issues. It is a very rewarding job.
Same as Previous
Technical Care Management (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONDecember 5, 2014
They outsource the call center help to a company that does respect its employees.
Home work balance is awful. You work 44 hours on calls for 8 months out of the year, and you are pressured to take extra time off when they are 'slow' even when you are not compensated enough to buy food and bills.
Excellent culture and fun place to work.
Retail Expert (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and pay structure.
Cons: work life balance could've improved.
Excellent experience and support/training.
Great opportunity to coach a large team and provide amazing experiences to each and every customer walking in to the store.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with such great talented team. Amazing opportunity to work on such great life changing products.
Today's Chef are tomorrows IT's
Designer, Programmer and Publisher (Current Employee), Toronto,OnAugust 28, 2014
Pizza hut is hard place to work. There is so much to do while not provided with enough time to complete the tasks. It however open room to learn and improve many skills. It is a good place for an IT to start. Team work, Organization, time management are few of the skills which are obtained or improved working at the Pizza hut.
Nice place to work and phenomenal people to work with
specialist manager (Former Employee), EdmontonAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch & good pay
Cons: too much stress
Not a bad place to work, wouldn't work there again if I had the chance to, full of optimistic people, but too much stress on the job. Management is alright but goals are kinda unreachable especially at christmas.
Team is Family
Specialist - Business Team and Training (Current Employee), Markham, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great envrionment
Cons: retail hours
I love working at Apple. It is an environment that's like family and we do important work to enrich people's lives.
Super Fun and Great Company
Sales Representative/Technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great culture and benefits
Cons: quotas
Apple was an incredible experience, it taught me the value of bringing trust to customers and really making someones day by giving them amazing service. Products are fantastic and culture is very laid back and friendly. There's lots of room for advancement and opportunities with the company. I had a great deal of fun when I was working for Apple whether as a specialist or technician i always loved going in, and managers were very keen to help in any way possible even if it was personal. A great experience and fantastic work/life balance. Quotas and sales are still a big part of the environment but aren't regarded as mandatory.
Good culture
Back of House Specialist (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJuly 6, 2014
Pros: culture, management, pay, benefits
Cons: tough to advance
A great place to work especially for students. Good benefits and very flexible schedules. Management very understanding and co-workers are amazing!
Productive and fun place
Specialist (Sales) (Current Employee), montrealJune 11, 2014
Pros: the co workers
excellent place to work
excellent team
great customer service and take care of its employees
Big brand, but small issues still got addressed
Specialist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 25, 2014
Working for Apple was an experience, to say the least. Our customers were a mix of people new to our technology, people passionate about our technology, and people angry because their technology wasn't working the way they wanted it to be, but we had the tools for dealing with all of them. Whether our resources were feeling comfortable being drawn into hour-long conversations about the differences between computers or knowing which of our colleagues to ask for a specific detail or knowing just when to find someone else to help our customer out, they were always available. Our leadership team had some rough patches in my time there, but things were constantly being worked on and our leadership team did show genuine interest in making sure every employee was set up for their own personal successes, even if things took a few months to sort out.
Always learning new things
Canada Specialist (Former Employee), Brossard, QCMay 20, 2014
Pros: the benefits and pay
Cons: long hours
Was a fun place to work. I would always learn new things from product knowledge to customer service.

The management team was incredible; I have never been so impressed with how they came together to help everyone out from personal problems to work related issues.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful; everyone learned something from someone else since we all had our strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours ( mostly when there was no on in the store).

The most enjoyable part, I would have to say opening up the store. We put up all the shelves, received all the products, placing them, being able to get a first glance at everything before the customers did.
Fun atmosphere
Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2014
Friendly co-workers, encouraging environment. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Retail is not Apple
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: $$
Cons: benfits, vacation, upper management
First of, pay is good.

They want you to be a robot, the director of Canada is a micro manger, he only has this position because he opened a MP3 shot at he first location in Canada.

Vacation sucks, 2 weeks? Brutal

Benefits are the worst I've ever seen in any company i have ever worked for.

No work life balance, you are all over the board, working days, nights, and then overnights every 2 months because they decide to change an angle of a table.

Staff hate it, only resin they stay is the $$ which causes problems at the end of the day.

I feel Apple pays there employees to shut up! Here is lots of Money, now don't say anything or cause any problems no matter how bad it is.

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more