Appen

Appen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 8, 2014
Pros: open schedule
Cons: everything else.
Took the job while in between professional jobs and it was by far the worst job I have ever had.

Job itself is subjective and the constant audits are infuriating. Even when I would be at 100% correct for a day, I would feel like all I was doing was being tested and the real work didn't matter. The days seemed to last longer than four hours and when – more... the program crashed(which it regularly did) you would have to wait around until it was back up or told that you didn't have to finish work for the day because the program wasn't coming back up. IT was useless and I often resolved the issue myself on several occasions when IT suggested I do something I informed them that I had already done in my ticket to them.

Management was a joke and I was lucky if I ever heard back from my project manager when I had question or concern.

Overall, desperation is the only reason anyone should do this job. If you really need income, it's good money for mundane, redundant work on a search engine people don't like. If you can pull in income another way, do that first and Appen last. – less
Excellent place to learn new things
Managing Supervisor (Former Employee), San JoseAugust 26, 2014
Pros: worked on my own
Cons: contract position
Appen gave me the opportunity to work for myself. I was able to learn and train. I was able to learn time management. My co workers were great, my manager gave me new opportunities.
Easy schedule, work when you want to.
Crowdworker (Current Employee), TelecommuteJune 1, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: no real communication or feedback
You can work whenever you want up to 22 hours a week. Most tasks don't pay much, but you need to become good at the tasks that do pay good.
Sweat Shop
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee), HomeMarch 27, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: little compensation, stressful, tedious
This job is legitimate in the fact that you can make money doing it. It's not possible to make significant money however and you would be better off getting a job at McDonald's where you get paid hourly not per task like with Appen.