Appen Employee Reviews

Nothing really wrong with them.
Social Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work at Home17 April 2017
I might have had a better experience if I had worked with Appen longer. I was let go after a short time with no real explanation. Still, they gave me a chance when I had no work experience, and I actually would probably recommend them to someone either trying to build some work experience or who needed some extra cash. I would not recommend them to anyone seeking steady full time work however, as the work provided, at least in my experience, was minimal.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Very little work to do, meaning little pay.
Very easy, great pay, self motivating.
Web Search Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Work from home17 April 2017
Receive work via email and submit teams to earn cash based on work output. Self propelled work motivation to earn, team based work performances usually with people you already know. Very easy to stay in touch to strategies.
Pros
Work from Home, Self Motivated, Pay Based on Performance, Projects
Cons
None from me.
Refreshing
WSE (Current Employee) –  La Union4 April 2017
Working with Appen is new to me. The application process was smooth and work is also smooth. I felt and still feel refreshed because I'm able to manage my own time at the comfort of my home. The job isn't stressful, too. It's nice to not have a boss constantly checking behind me, which for me does not help with my productivity. I can't give a perfect score to everything because I think there's no perfect company.
Pros
flex hours, no boss, good salary
Cons
It can take a bit of time to get assisted with tech issues
Appen
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davao City28 March 2017
Working in Appen is a great experience. You get to work with professionals and people who are really enthusiastic about their jobs. The company takes care of the employees and work-life balance is one of the main values of the company.
Productive and I really enjoyed it.
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL16 March 2017
This job was great. However the project ended and so did the job. I would totally do it again. It was ideal because I did it from home. I worked 4 hours a day 4 days a week and one weekend day so the time put in was good.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Project ended
Home-office job
Social Media Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL6 March 2017
It's very convenient if you are looking for a home-office opportunity, they pay punctually and they are organized considering that they work 100% online.
I like the possibility of manage my own time and make an extra money from home.
On the other hand, it's a very unstable job, you cannot predict if you will have tasks in the next day/ week, as long you rely on the system to work and you will just be paid if you got to work. Also they move me out constantly to a different project, what requests more time to get prepared (these hours are no paid) and adapt to the new content and metrics.
Pros
home-office opportunity/pay punctually/ they are organized / work 100% online
Cons
unstable job/ system bug constantly/ non paid training hours
Easy, Work-At-Home Job
SOCIAL MEDIA EVALUATOR (Former Employee) –  at home1 March 2017
The job was a bit hard to manage time-wise because the work hours had to be spread throughout the day. The work was fairly easy to do but because of how it was spread, it made it difficult to focus on other aspects of my life.
Pros
Work-at-home
Cons
Difficult Time Schedule
Great for some extra money
Video reviewer (Former Employee) –  Work from home27 January 2017
Loved it! Greatly helped out with money for Christmas. Only downside was it was only a temporary position. I really enjoyed working from home and making my own hours.
Very Flexible
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Virtual26 January 2017
I enjoyed working there because the Job was more in my field and I gained more experience and understanding on advertising and the core and insights of any business
Pros
Even though you set your own schedule, it was not always easy to meet the cut off time
Cons
it's very flexible and you can do it from anywhere on your laptop
Good part time job for student or someone looking for supplemental income
Social Media Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Anywhere13 January 2017
Simple work for a "competitive" wage. Wage is definitely good for the work and in comparison to other basic jobs. The salary outweighs the monotony of the work and that's all that can be said.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Work can be taxing, menial.

Want to know more about Appen?

Ask a question
Fun job profile.
Web search evaluator (Current Employee) –  Lucknow City, Uttar Pradesh6 January 2017
It is a time bound job with strict adherence to given guidelines. Incase of any technical issues the management was very prompt in resolving issues.Sufficient leeway was given in case of a prolonged absence to continue after. The overall process was fun to work on and I learnt how ads are evaluated on the web in terms of relevance for the customer.
Pros
Incentive plans on achieving quality and other parameters consistently.
Cons
Deadline as per PST has to be achieved every day.
Easy work but you can and will get fired for no reason
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  from home4 January 2017
I worked as a social media evaluator for 2 months and then random one day got an email stating they had received sufficient project data from me and were terminating my contract. It wasnt being fired for lack of doing work or for bad quality of work, just sufficient project data. No other explanation was given. Work is easy but really repetitive. Good for some extra cash but don't rely on it because you will be fired for no reason.
Pros
work from home, work when you want, easy work
Cons
you will be fired for no reason
Do IT As A Last Resort
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Remote Location, SC3 December 2016
Been doing it three weeks somewhat ok and now the program is not working almost everyday so the tech staff must be contacted and they don't respond quickly to your problem or create it so you can work again. Totally unreliable, seemed like it was too good to be true...well it is... Do not waste your time..Find people you can talk to for bosses who will be accountable..
Very flexible hours and great customer support
Independent consultant under contract (Current Employee) –  Remote3 December 2016
I work 4 weekdays and one weekend day. I became more of an analytical thinker since working with Appen. The hardest part of the job is the work can become repetitive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive Work
Waste of time!!
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX30 November 2016
They make you take a test and you spend all this time studying for it which is a waste of time and its unpaid. It's training and you should get paid for it! I was terminated for no reason or explantation.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Appen
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA16 November 2016
Nice company to work for temporarily. You must be very structured and know you can devote your own personal time to working.
Contract Data Collection Specialist
Contract Photo Lab Manager /Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA8 November 2016
Contract Temporary Position:

Great environment
Good Pay
You meet fun and friendly co-workers
Flexible Schedule
Work-Life Balance
Pros
Flexible, Life-work Balance
Cons
Short Breaks
Nice work form home
Major Social Media Platform Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA 980118 November 2016
Nice work from home job! Interesting and fun work! I get paid for this, great! I enjoy what I do and it's great to do it from home.
The work isn't difficult and the hours are flexible. The company so far is great to work for.
Pros
Work form home, flexable hours
nice work place
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Remote1 November 2016
I found my first new online job at appen company
it was so fantastic for me.
the job character and the payment was so beautiful. the managers were so active and acted so freindly.
Flexable work hours
Social Media Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Corona, CA10 October 2016
I enjoy the flexible work hours that fit around my schedule at home. I am able to self manage myself remotely. The hardest part about this job is the repetition of the work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9