AppZero is seeking a Linux Software Developer to work with a highly skilled and motivated team.
The qualified candidate will spend a considerable part of his/her time researching, investigating Linux internals, and helping in architecting the next generation of Application Virtualization technology. This includes core technology for virtual appliances creation and runtime.
The candidate will work on all aspects of the design cycle from customer requirements to architecture, design, implementation, and testing. You will have a hands-on role in translating product concepts directly into market-winning solutions.
- Work with AppZero system architects to identify design requirements and implementation path
- Research and perform low-level troubleshooting of the interaction between our run time component, the low level OS components and the virtualized application
- Translate concepts into preliminary design approaches and follow through to complete implementation
- Optimize code for performance in enterprise operating environments
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve product releases with respect to quality, ease of use and time to market
- 3+ years experience in developing and delivering software products
- Development experience with C and C++ is a must
- Linux systems internals
- Knowledge of other operating systems internals
- Excellent debugging, low-level system troubleshooting and analysis skills will be considered an asset
- Hands-on experience solving issues
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment where the need to multi-task is essential and priorities are constantly evolving
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related, or equivalent combination of education and experience
We have two open Software Developer positions and they're located in Ottawa, Canada.