APOTEX Employee Reviews

Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2016
excellent workplace
good benefits
job security
nice environment for career growth
supportive management
diverse workplace
Apotex
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  150 signet3 February 2016
A Good Company to work at, highly recommend. Good salary, benefit and work-life balance. A plenty of opportunities for job advancement
Great place, horrible management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2016
I worked in the clinical studies department.

I got fired for being sick for 2 days. I'm not allowed to show my Doctor's note to them.

Avoid management whenever possible, they suck.
Pros
Lots of downtime, friendly co workers and test subjects
Cons
Micromanaging mangement
making safe and clean environment for all employees
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2016
in the beginning, it was very hard for me to work like sanitation, cleaning,buffing and scrubbing floors, but as i worked on, its seems as easy to manage all challenges as we are given assignment for a week for daily schedules and we need to complete our task and i did.My colleges my leaders ,supervisor and manager are so kind and helpful, i really loved to work at APOTEX INC.
Typical day was that on which i have to work at Main floor -production area and Lower level-packaging area , both are very huge area in which i have to provide supplies, clean the floors, buff some part of the floor, scrub both floor, clean the stairs/ vacuum and wet mop,sign in log book. and i performed all task in time frame.
My coworker are also very good hearted, helping ,cooperative,with good sense of humour,
the most enjoyable day was that one of my coworker hide my supply cart and made me confuse at the end of the day.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
only 8 hrs
dedicated and hard working employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
overall a good place to work but politics can get in the way sometimes, executives are disconnected from reality, constant change but not always for the better
Pros
flexibility
Cons
politics
Good place to start, bad place to stay.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  toronto23 August 2015
At first this appeared as a very competently managed and exciting company to work for, but after some amount of time - you will grow tired of facing the same problems over and over again as management has no competency to resolve anything. Yes, there is great training, and exposure to a number of different business and quality mechanisms - and there certainly is room to advance into different roles, but this is because of the very high turnover rate of employees caused by a number of factors - i.e. poor wages for those not willing to work overtime (you can see I gave the salary and work life balance rating two stars as the policy is only words on paper), and as you climb the ladder into different positions you will become more aware of a culture that does not support the work life balance policy of the company. Production technicians are expected to use their personal computers from home to answer and send work related emails, or to use their lunch or other breaks for this activity on computers that do not allow privacy, and supervisors are assigned laptops and cellphones and it is implied that you are to be on-call at all times without compensation.
it was fun working with people in apotex theyre all friendly esp. my supervisor.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
job stability is guaranteed. Very nice people & very nice place to work with. My supervisor was so supportive & knows how to make us happy at the end of the day. the most enjoyable part is when were doing full cleaning. i though it was hard cleaning from ceiling to wall but it was not coz were helping each other to finish the job.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
NA
Productivity, like working there
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 September 2016
i like everything about Apotex co-workers and management are nice
but i'm in continental shift sometimes feels hard but its ok.
Very good company to work
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Excellent company for working long time and growth.i am working from last five years and have a good overall experiance.
Pros
Free coffee
the most enjoyable part of job
production technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 March 2016
Apotex is continue growing company and this growth brought new change and challenges in term of new products and procedure . Working on new products and achieving required quality was my most enjoyable parts of jobs. Every day I used to learn new skill . working in family type environment like group lunch, co worker positive attitude, management cooperation always attracted me to be punctual faithful and hardworking toward the company . but I was got mass laid off what can i do
Pros
organised company
Cons
lay off is bad luck
working with people great place to work
Setup technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
setup and operating pharmaceutical packaging machines. Learning and working with people. You have to get job done without any errors. Great place work and grow.
Pros
FREE TEA AND COFEE
Apotex is a company which believes in Production and Quality equally.
Project Leader, Lean (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke5 August 2015
Apotex is a great company to work with. I enjoyed working with all technicians as well as all the managers. Apotex provides great benefits to its employees and respect everyone for their contribution.
Great vision, terrible management!
Production Supervisor / Technician (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke21 July 2014
Great company to work for, always hiring. Stable job

Good training requirements and documentation practices. The company invests heavily on ensuring that all employees have a training matrix that outlines the training they must complete prior to starting their job. Great benefits and flexible work hours.
Pros
opportunities to grow and learn, pro-active, take initiative to succeed.
Cons
overcome entrenched management
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Weston, ON28 March 2016
Excellent place to learn new skill set.
Good Management people to work with. Developed a lot of new skills , Lims, QMS Trackwise , SAP all the software learned.
An energetic group to work with
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2014
A good place to start your career, not necessarily end it there.
Compensation and Benefits are competitive.
There is no flexibility when it comes to work life balance.
The Management Team needs to be more open with employees
Pros
Culture and people you work with
Cons
Not very flexible when it comes to work life balance
productive fun when doing our job
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
I have very good experience with my old companies. I like their work culture . I don,t want to leave but according to my family needs i have to move forward.
Pros
free coffee all the time
Cons
i used to work seven days
Productive and the team members were very cordial with each other - Great place to work
QA Associate/ Change Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  150 Signet Drive, Toronto31 August 2015
- extremely busy with a lot of administrative challenges
- Learned SAP, LIMS and many other skills & Computer applications
- Managed my tasks through coordinating various teams in achieving the set goals
- My co-workers and I were a great team & I enjoyed every minute of my work with my co-workers
- Not enough work was always very boring & it happened rarely
-Being busy, facing challenges & learning new things were the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Team members provides lunches in department meetings
Cons
Rush projects sometimes require long hours
Being in the manufacturing sector, the work environment was expected
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  toronto, On17 September 2015
It was certainly an experience working here. A factory of sorts.
The daily routine was outlined every shift. All workers in the area took breaks and lunches together. When the shift was over, there was the next shift to take over.
I really liked this because the balance between work and personal life was ideal.
Pros
Job Schedule
Cons
None that i can really think of
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 October 2015
The hardest part of the job for me was the monotony of the job tasks. I thoroughly enjoy multi-tasking, meeting new people & learning new things, so factory life did not challenge or engage me.
Pros
Plenty of over-time availability
Cons
Night shifts
Best work experience in health domain
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 November 2014
Start with scrum meeting and bi weekly sprint meetings.
Wonderful management and professional team members,Cooperative and relaxed work environment
Pros
Best place to learn health, medicine sector

4.2