APOTEX Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place, horrible management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2016
I worked in the clinical studies department.

I got fired for being sick for 2 days. I'm not allowed to show my Doctor's note to them.

Avoid management whenever possible, they suck.
Pros
Lots of downtime, friendly co workers and test subjects
Cons
Micromanaging mangement
making safe and clean environment for all employees
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2016
in the beginning, it was very hard for me to work like sanitation, cleaning,buffing and scrubbing floors, but as i worked on, its seems as easy to manage all challenges as we are given assignment for a week for daily schedules and we need to complete our task and i did.My colleges my leaders ,supervisor and manager are so kind and helpful, i really loved to work at APOTEX INC.
Typical day was that on which i have to work at Main floor -production area and Lower level-packaging area , both are very huge area in which i have to provide supplies, clean the floors, buff some part of the floor, scrub both floor, clean the stairs/ vacuum and wet mop,sign in log book. and i performed all task in time frame.
My coworker are also very good hearted, helping ,cooperative,with good sense of humour,
the most enjoyable day was that one of my coworker hide my supply cart and made me confuse at the end of the day.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
only 8 hrs
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Weston, ONMarch 28, 2016
Excellent place to learn new skill set.
Good Management people to work with. Developed a lot of new skills , Lims, QMS Trackwise , SAP all the software learned.
the most enjoyable part of job
production technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 26, 2016
Apotex is continue growing company and this growth brought new change and challenges in term of new products and procedure . Working on new products and achieving required quality was my most enjoyable parts of jobs. Every day I used to learn new skill . working in family type environment like group lunch, co worker positive attitude, management cooperation always attracted me to be punctual faithful and hardworking toward the company . but I was got mass laid off what can i do
Pros
organised company
Cons
lay off is bad luck
productive fun when doing our job
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
I have very good experience with my old companies. I like their work culture . I don,t want to leave but according to my family needs i have to move forward.
Pros
free coffee all the time
Cons
i used to work seven days
Apotex
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  150 signetFebruary 3, 2016
A Good Company to work at, highly recommend. Good salary, benefit and work-life balance. A plenty of opportunities for job advancement
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 23, 2015
The hardest part of the job for me was the monotony of the job tasks. I thoroughly enjoy multi-tasking, meeting new people & learning new things, so factory life did not challenge or engage me.
Pros
Plenty of over-time availability
Cons
Night shifts
fun
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONOctober 8, 2015
good company with a lot of nice employees. Most employees seemed happy with their jobs. Was quite a nice environment. Loved the company.
Being in the manufacturing sector, the work environment was expected
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  toronto, OnSeptember 17, 2015
It was certainly an experience working here. A factory of sorts.
The daily routine was outlined every shift. All workers in the area took breaks and lunches together. When the shift was over, there was the next shift to take over.
I really liked this because the balance between work and personal life was ideal.
Pros
Job Schedule
Cons
None that i can really think of
Productive and the team members were very cordial with each other - Great place to work
QA Associate/ Change Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  150 Signet Drive, TorontoAugust 31, 2015
- extremely busy with a lot of administrative challenges
- Learned SAP, LIMS and many other skills & Computer applications
- Managed my tasks through coordinating various teams in achieving the set goals
- My co-workers and I were a great team & I enjoyed every minute of my work with my co-workers
- Not enough work was always very boring & it happened rarely
-Being busy, facing challenges & learning new things were the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Team members provides lunches in department meetings
Cons
Rush projects sometimes require long hours
Good place to start, bad place to stay.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  torontoAugust 23, 2015
At first this appeared as a very competently managed and exciting company to work for, but after some amount of time - you will grow tired of facing the same problems over and over again as management has no competency to resolve anything. Yes, there is great training, and exposure to a number of different business and quality mechanisms - and there certainly is room to advance into different roles, but this is because of the very high turnover rate of employees caused by a number of factors - i.e. poor wages for those not willing to work overtime (you can see I gave the salary and work life balance rating two stars as the policy is only words on paper), and as you climb the ladder into different positions you will become more aware of a culture that does not support the work life balance policy of the company. Production technicians are expected to use their personal computers from home to answer and send work related emails, or to use their lunch or other breaks for this activity on computers that do not allow privacy, and supervisors are assigned laptops and cellphones and it is implied that you are to be on-call at all times without compensation.
Apotex is a company which believes in Production and Quality equally.
Project Leader, Lean (Current Employee) –  EtobicokeAugust 5, 2015
Apotex is a great company to work with. I enjoyed working with all technicians as well as all the managers. Apotex provides great benefits to its employees and respect everyone for their contribution.
Apotex is second largest generic pharmaceutical company in Canada
Quality Control Chemist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 13, 2015
Apotex provides very detailed training to their employees to ensure having Quality products .Good learning environment
Good culture and fast moving work place. There are continuous opportunities to move into different roles and positions are often filled internally.
interesting place to work.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioDecember 16, 2014
the people are friendly and supportive. the work is interesting and the company is supportive for advancement and its near where i live.
Best work experience in health domain
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONNovember 10, 2014
Start with scrum meeting and bi weekly sprint meetings.
Wonderful management and professional team members,Cooperative and relaxed work environment
Pros
best place to learn health, medicine sector
Cons
Great vision, terrible management!
Production Supervisor / Technician (Current Employee) –  EtobicokeJuly 21, 2014
Great company to work for, always hiring. Stable job

Good training requirements and documentation practices. The company invests heavily on ensuring that all employees have a training matrix that outlines the training they must complete prior to starting their job. Great benefits and flexible work hours.
Pros
opportunities to grow and learn, pro-active, take initiative to succeed.
Cons
overcome entrenched management
An energetic group to work with
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
A good place to start your career, not necessarily end it there.
Compensation and Benefits are competitive.
There is no flexibility when it comes to work life balance.
The Management Team needs to be more open with employees
Pros
culture and people you work with
Cons
not very flexible when it comes to work life balance
Energetic and dedicated work by all the team employees with the support of client
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2013
Excellent management and the working environment was good. I learned lot of new things which pertains to my job with the help of team members.
Okay company to work
INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
For a long term job this company is excellent to work but if you are just starting a career and need exposure to multiple disciplines then this is not the company for you.
BUILDING OPERATOR
Technician, Operator (Current Employee) –  NORTH YORKNovember 22, 2012
• Manage the operation of all building systems, i.e. air handlers, elevators, HVAC, BAS, dust collection systems, lighting.
• Routine preventative and emergency maintenance on systems such as compressors, humidifiers, exhaust fans.
• Maintain and order sufficient stock of maintenance supplies.
• Perform daily and weekly operational logs.
• Escort contractors and inspect work performed.
• Respond to abnormal situations. Investigate and limit the impact to clients.
• Maintaining preventative maintenance programs.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no room to improve