Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

Management is horrible and training is bad
Bicycle Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL16 November 2017
You literally get thrown dates to arrive at a location at a specific time to be trained on your first week only to be trained by someone who has no idea they have to train you or any knowledge of how to train you. After that you better learn fast and catch up on how to do things on your own. There is hardly ever communication with the managers.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
No paid lunch Poor Paid travel expenses no communication
Not Happy
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL9 November 2017
They would neglect to send all equipment used to complete jobs and then expect you to compensate for their job not being done like unloading a steel truck by hand.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
They give no raises and work you like a dog.
Job was great , with the exception of Company standing behind their empoyees
Field Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL8 November 2017
This company DOES NOT and WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR EMPLOYEES AT ALL.

They Do NOT offer their full time employees medical benefits , paid time off nor vacation
If you love to travel, this is the job.
Project Manager/Senior Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NC31 October 2017
If you work hard, do all the things your supposed to do, show initiative, there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. You will be traveling all the time. i've visited 48 states with that job. I had to leave for family reasons, if not I would still be there.
when we where out of town we would go look at the mall
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL25 October 2017
the job was ok we got to travel to different places they pay for r food and are hotel they pay for miles. but if car breaks down they can care least no car now job
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
sometimes we didnt take it
Fun work at your own pace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL12 October 2017
Freelance private contract work, great job to have if you like to travel, the pay is great. You meet people from everywhere, they pay for hotel stay if you're traveling
Pros
Pay
Cons
Maybe out of work for weeks waiting on contracts in your area
ok if you like to drive alot and pay your own expenses
Retail Market Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL8 October 2017
I worked for this company for many years. It was great before it changed owners. Once it changed owners, it started to go downhill. They were placing alot of work demands on the employees with no more compensation. The cost to travel all over was extremely expensive and they kept increasing the amount of miles you would have to drive one way before they would pay any mileage. The only other issue with this company is they hired people who had NO clue how to properly wire displays and when you would say something to management, all they would tell you was to "fix it" instead of making employees attend proper training from an experienced employee or personnel. The good thing about this job, they have openings all over the country. This company was also involved in a class action lawsuit due to not properly paying employees for the work that they did.
Pros
openings all over the country
Cons
alot of traveling, no expenses covered
No hours, Slow response from management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ohio5 October 2017
I've been employed there for 4 months and have only had 1 assignment - 3-4 hours per MONTH. The paperwork you need to print to complete the job cost you more than the job pays.
Pros
Cons
very few hours per month
Stay away
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IN26 September 2017
LIED to me about several things when hiring on, including mileage/travel pay. Poor management. For the assembly part they have a set amount of time you get paid for depending on what your assembling(chairs, desks, shelves) instead of an hourly wage. But they don't give you enough time so you end up spending 2 hours assembling but only get paid for an hour or whatever depending on your speed any the item your assembling, but even when I was assembling stuff with my trainer and we were both putting together separate items we still ended up taking longer than apollo's "listed time". Also have to do a ton of "paperwork" online when your done. You also have to provide your own tools which is stupid for how little work their is. I also don't understand why office depot even pays them to do this work when they could easily do it themselves.

Terrible company with terrible practices
Pros
work alone, no supervision
Cons
most everything else
Okay
Merchandiser and builder (Former Employee) –  United states18 July 2017
there was work it was none stop but it would stop withno warning u had to call managment and find out if there was work. Never worked with same people
Would have to travel for work milage rate sucked
Pros
Good work
Cons
Never get to work with same people
Worst managers ever. Very unethical practices.
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX16 July 2017
No benefits and no vacation days. Unethical and unreasonable management. Must make up for holidays or work. Would never work for management like that.
Pros
Cons
Managers. No days off or benefits
work available 9 months of year average
Team Lead I (Current Employee) –  Texas18 June 2017
I have been working for apollo since 2007 . Work available except during holidays . Most of the time local work ,but then there is travel . Gone extensively from home . The worst side is no paid vacations or holidays . Forgot to mention only have got one whole dollar raise.
Pros
travel
Cons
no paid holidays, no paid vacations, no fun outings . only office employees
Great place!
Talent Resource Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL16 June 2017
Apollo treats us very well; great benefits and paid time off program. Would really love to see them consider child care options for parents and also consider a four ten-hour day work week to enhance work/life balance.
Pros
Great environemnt, positivety, Pto
Cons
Lack of advancement
On call as needed
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT9 June 2017
This was an on call as needed job with traveling often required. It also paid piece rate, not salary, at my entry level.

The job near my location required personnel able to lift repeatedly and constantly throughout the day 75 lbs. or more to move heavy fixtures, and to be able to do this for months at a time.
I was unable to meet the lifting requirements at that time.

Very professional, well-put together work, as well as very physical.

Excellent travel requirements; they are worldwide. The benefits were good.
Great work/life balance.
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL5 June 2017
I've worked for a lot of companies and this job has been the most accommodating when it comes to doctors appts, picking up the kids in emergencies, ect. Management seems to care about the overall well being of people here as well which is very good. They have fun monthly activities and have bbq events, fun holiday parties. I like the work that I do and everyone is easy to get a long with. Work hard, dont goof off, stay away from the office gossipers (they're at every company), and you'll love it here!
Pros
Good benefits, Fun events
Cons
Not as many paid holidays as other companies but they're working on it
good company
Merchandiser/Team Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV9 May 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Apollo, I started out doing merchandising and left as a project manager, they recognize talent and help promote and cultivate that talent.
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
long time awy from home
Lots of Travel
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  USA25 April 2017
Your never in the same place very long. Your always changing on what your doing. Every day every month is different. Got to travel to a lot of different places
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Could have paid better
Rather not write a summary
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL4 April 2017
I would rather not give a review. I do not recommend this company nor do I refer anyone to them. Out of all companies I have worked for, this by far, has been the worst.
Pros
non
Cons
lots
face paced work
Reatil Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS27 March 2017
the work is good as long as your willing to travel. A very decent company no benefits though and mainly temporary work. they do pay mileage but thats it other hourly pay.
Pros
nice people good pay
Cons
travel alot
RUN as fast as you can
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin22 March 2017
RUN as fast as you can. CPM is the worst company, that make you do things that no other merchandising companies wont to do.
RUN and stay away
No worth working at this company for the small hourly wage
Pros
No longer work for CPM
Cons
Abustive Districk Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Retail Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7