Apollo Retail Specialists

Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Installing electrical displays and training employees about product and helping customers
Vendor Representative (Current Employee), SCSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: You can work at your own pace and have little to no supervision.
Cons: No room for advancement, poor management communication, little to no reimbursement for auto, traveling, or tools on the job.
The company is alright to work for if you like to be independent and like working with people in the retail market. Installing electrical displays in Lowes stores. The hardest part of the job is lifting product and being able to access supplies and display product. The most enjoyable part of the job is freedom of no supervisors and flexible start time.
Worst Company ever
Assembler (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 3, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: bad management bad comunnication
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for! They're communication/management skills are horrible! This company did a great job of wasting 3 months of my time. No communication whatever, I never knew what was going on any of the time, they never respond to calls or emails, schedule me to be places without notifying me, etc. I wasn't the only employee... the word among employees was the same, bad management and zero communication. Not to mention they were not up to date on CA employment laws. If you like a bunch of non-sense, this is the job for you! This company does not have a good relationship with its employees or their clients!
work on your own
REGIONAL MERCHANDISING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Albany, ORMarch 2, 2016
Apollo is okay. Not great benifits or hours kind of a take it or leave it attitude towards employees. so/so pay. I thought they were more of a straightforward company. I have not been given what promised so far.
A good transitionary job
Assembler (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Some flexibility
Cons: Poor milage compensation. Poor Communication. Nonexistent work schedule.
This company doesn't practice good communication, management to employees. There is never enough advance notice as to when you're are working until the evening before, making difficult to plan out your personal time.
Training is another issue. The furniture training was well handled giving appropriate amount of hands-on field experience. However, the other aspects of the company bikes, Office Depot and Lowes end you're given very little time to learn the job and understand what you're suppose to be doing. Often times playing the guessing game.
The pay was barely enough to cover living expenses and gas. You're paid per the piece built not by the hour as claimed. The times for each piece built is predetermined and if you take longer than the allotted time you're pretty much working for free. Just pray your car doesn't break down since you have to use your own.
This job is great to work at while looking for something that best suits you or to fill your calendar. But would advise against trying to make it a full-time gig.
sense of accomplishment!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: travel
Cons: could be steadier but thats to be expected working retail.
Very satisfying at the end. When you leave a (now) store with customers at the door, knowing that less than two weeks ago, you stood in an empty building waiting for the first truck to arrive.
A lot of hard/team work goes into creating a functional well set store!
Im proud of what I do.
This company will be good to you as long as you do what you are hired to do.
Some times it gets slow but I have never had difficulty getting unemployment from Apollo Retail Specialists!
Not the company for me
Merchandiser/assembly (Former Employee), OregonFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Not sure
Cons: Lack of carring about people
My experience working for apollo was not very good at all .communication with the company is very poor ,there pay is very inconsistent, and doesn't seam to work out the way it should .not hear to rant and raze just am a honest person and was looking for the same in apollo did not find that .thanks
fun to work here.. and it real good hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I have a great time at work .... learn new things... good to be in this field... I like working here it my best job... everyone works together... help each others out
would rather go on welfare than work for this company again
lead Assembler (Former Employee), New jerseyMarch 22, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: terrible management. ..
Terrible!!! No raise , no promotion, no advance in this company! !! Work is slim because company keep loosing contract. ..1 day of training and you are to be put out there. ..
na
Merchandiser (Current Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 4, 2016
fast paced stocking position
multi tasking throughout
traveling to different areas to stock
hours vary upon demand
would like to see company go to full time positions
Average Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Really busy field but lacking some support and resources to excel and deliver a superior customer service.Customers Planogram are well detailed and easy to execute.
A great job.
Team Leader/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2015
This job gave me the chance to travel all over the country. Must weeks worked a 40 hour work week and had the weekends to explore the area.
Renovation of Retail Stores
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Working with Great People
Cons: Unfriendly Clients
6:45 am we have our first meeting and we discuss which areas we need to be working on. Their are great people to work with we usually have 1 hr lunches and After we come back its down hill from their.
Its not a bad job i just wish they had more frequent work available
Merchandiser (part-time) laborer (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYNovember 12, 2015
Decent company to work for. You can travel all over the country but I'm looking for local work.Dont want to put the wear and tear on my vehicle.
Don't Ever Work Here!
Reset Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: long hours, long periods away from home, little pay and no room for advancement
Nothing about this job was enjoyable. Long hours, little pay and long periods away from home. Management seemed to only care about themselves and how they could hit their bonuses. Co-workers always complaining about the same things never getting any resolution. Good luck getting paid what you work for with this company. Paycheck were rarely correct.
Fun fast paced work enviroment
Team Lead (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Good pay rate
Cons: Short notice on most job assignments
The work was interesting got to travel across the United States and see places I would probably would have never been able to see. Productive work environment.
Sorry Don't care About Employees
Merchandiser/Installer (Former Employee), TraveledJuly 19, 2015
Pros: I can't think of anything good about this company
Cons: Don't go to work for them
Apollo is a disgrace...I worked for them for a few months until I decided I didn't need the job that bad. They pay merchandiser/installers a set rate....so if you go into overtime on the job which always happens...you don't get anything about the set rate. The pay scale is set up to where you're sort of paying them to work for them. Managers will lie to you about different things.
you'll spend more on gas working for this company.
tech (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: you get a shirt and a email account and expensive insurance
Cons: as I posted above
piece rate is horrible and its based on your hourly rate they don't service many stores and the stores they do service are going under such as kmart and sears.
about as efficient as a hamster wheel vs. nuclear power
undisclosed (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2012
Pros: ?
Cons: ?
Typical work experience will include high paced stressful environment, poor time management, and lack of sense of urgency. Misuse of resources/staff, and exceptionally expensive to maintain employment
Basic Merchandising, Construction/remodel, and rack installation. company is growing and diversifying, but with little regard fro its employees and the nature of the service they provide. Little room for growth/promotion,( based on experience and academia...) Many qualified and exceptional employees are overlooked in the staffing and promotion process.
Dont work for the Illinois branch
Merchandiser (Former Employee), IL, CA, MI, IN, MNMarch 9, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: too many to list
The Illinois district manager is a low life that assigns work to people that fall asleep at work instead of hard working employees that actually deserve to work. He'll promise you a raise but you'll never see it. The company will lay you off due to no work being available in the city, but they will say you quit so you cant collect unemployment
Enjoyable
District Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Lack of communication, Favoritism
A typical day at work was scheduling, calling or answering phone to employees.
I learned how not to treat employees
I learned how not to be as a manager
Co-workers were alright
The hardest part of job was trying to build a professional relationship with your boss, as specified we all needed to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job: When a project was executed and implemented in a time matter and within budget
Headquarters