Apollo Retail Specialists

Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Travel if selected
Merchandiser ext (Former Employee), EverywhereFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: get to travel, and meet amazing people you thought youll never meet! see places youve never been!
Cons: no benifits, screww you when they get the chance!
Please people, Do not Apply for this Apollo Comapany as they will Screw over! Ive been in this company for 3 years, and they always switch thier company names, ext.,,They will only have work for you for only a little while. Its Quick cash and Bail out! you Learn and get tons of experience, and promised to get a raise after 3 evaluations! My peformance was on the top, and im still at what i started out with! (after like 5 evaluations) They will keep you on the BACK BURNER as they will Hire Locals instead! (why not keep the experienced on the road?) They say they will call you if anything or any jobs are availible! (bull shiat) they have plenty of jobs all year long and only select the ones that has been working for apollo for years if your lucky! If you claim Uneployment, They will say you got FIRED so you wont recive benifets when your out of work! About 6 years ago they got sued for not paying thier employees! This comapany will screw you Over! Ive been out of a job for 9 months now expecting someone to put me back on the road! And when you call them, theyll burn you off! saying, No Jobs avialible!( when i see Tons of job listing for apollo!) Please dont get Suckered in! Its only good if you need quick cash! I do Not recomend anyone to Apollo retail because they do Shady things along the way! I hope Apollo is reading this! As they can Blow on my left nut! Ive spoken with MANY MANY apollo retail Employees(Whos not working because of apollo anymore) Nothing but the same thing ive said! I was Promised work, and Now im Broke because of thier promises!
A good transitionary job
Assembler (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Some flexibility
Cons: Poor milage compensation. Poor Communication. Nonexistent work schedule.
This company doesn't practice good communication, management to employees. There is never enough advance notice as to when you're are working until the evening before, making difficult to plan out your personal time.
Training is another issue. The furniture training was well handled giving appropriate amount of hands-on field experience. However, the other aspects of the company bikes, Office Depot and Lowes end you're given very little time to learn the job and understand what you're suppose to be doing. Often times playing the guessing game.
The pay was barely enough to cover living expenses and gas. You're paid per the piece built not by the hour as claimed. The times for each piece built is predetermined and if you take longer than the allotted time you're pretty much working for free. Just pray your car doesn't break down since you have to use your own.
This job is great to work at while looking for something that best suits you or to fill your calendar. But would advise against trying to make it a full-time gig.
WELL PAYING FUN JOB
Retail Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2013
Pros: pay, ease of job, people i worked with.
Cons: no ins. not enough work/hours.
WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY WAS GREAT AS FAR AS PAY.IT WAS A DIFFERENT JOB EVERY TIME.I LEARNED HOW TO DO RESETS AND DISPLAY S AND REMODELS.I ALEN THE SO DID DEMONSTRATIONS FOR CERTAIN PRODUCTS.I GUESS THE HARDEST PART WOULD HAVE BEEN THE REMODELS,SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED CLEAN THE STORE JOBS. MOST OF MY CO-WORKERS AND MANAGERS WERE EASY TO GET ALONG WITH.THE BEST PART OF THE JOB??? WELL I GUESS THAT WOULD BE T IT WAS A DIFFERENT JOB EVERY TIME IT WASNT BORING OR REPETITIVE AND THE PAY SCALE WAS DIFFERENT ACCORDING TO TH.E JOB YOU DID
sense of accomplishment!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: travel
Cons: could be steadier but thats to be expected working retail.
Very satisfying at the end. When you leave a (now) store with customers at the door, knowing that less than two weeks ago, you stood in an empty building waiting for the first truck to arrive.
A lot of hard/team work goes into creating a functional well set store!
Im proud of what I do.
This company will be good to you as long as you do what you are hired to do.
Some times it gets slow but I have never had difficulty getting unemployment from Apollo Retail Specialists!
about as efficient as a hamster wheel vs. nuclear power
undisclosed (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2012
Pros: ?
Cons: ?
Typical work experience will include high paced stressful environment, poor time management, and lack of sense of urgency. Misuse of resources/staff, and exceptionally expensive to maintain employment
Basic Merchandising, Construction/remodel, and rack installation. company is growing and diversifying, but with little regard fro its employees and the nature of the service they provide. Little room for growth/promotion,( based on experience and academia...) Many qualified and exceptional employees are overlooked in the staffing and promotion process.
Installing electrical displays and training employees about product and helping customers
Vendor Representative (Current Employee), SCSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: You can work at your own pace and have little to no supervision.
Cons: No room for advancement, poor management communication, little to no reimbursement for auto, traveling, or tools on the job.
The company is alright to work for if you like to be independent and like working with people in the retail market. Installing electrical displays in Lowes stores. The hardest part of the job is lifting product and being able to access supplies and display product. The most enjoyable part of the job is freedom of no supervisors and flexible start time.
Sorry Don't care About Employees
Merchandiser/Installer (Former Employee), TraveledJuly 19, 2015
Pros: I can't think of anything good about this company
Cons: Don't go to work for them
Apollo is a disgrace...I worked for them for a few months until I decided I didn't need the job that bad. They pay merchandiser/installers a set rate....so if you go into overtime on the job which always happens...you don't get anything about the set rate. The pay scale is set up to where you're sort of paying them to work for them. Managers will lie to you about different things.
Don't Ever Work Here!
Reset Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: long hours, long periods away from home, little pay and no room for advancement
Nothing about this job was enjoyable. Long hours, little pay and long periods away from home. Management seemed to only care about themselves and how they could hit their bonuses. Co-workers always complaining about the same things never getting any resolution. Good luck getting paid what you work for with this company. Paycheck were rarely correct.
Enjoyable
District Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Lack of communication, Favoritism
A typical day at work was scheduling, calling or answering phone to employees.
I learned how not to treat employees
I learned how not to be as a manager
Co-workers were alright
The hardest part of job was trying to build a professional relationship with your boss, as specified we all needed to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job: When a project was executed and implemented in a time matter and within budget
bad management and cheep
Team Lead (Current Employee), Walnut Cove, NCMarch 23, 2015
Cons: everything
Apollo requires you to buy your own tools (bike assembly tools cost from 200 on up to 500 for the bike stand) they also require you to drive hundreds of miles a day with little pay only paying .25 cents a mile after you drive 120 miles for the day. seem to always be cheating you on your pay, hard to prove you are missing pay due to how the pay stub read out is.
Spotty
Install Technician (Current Employee), RichmondMay 7, 2013
Pros: amazing compensation: mileage, time for travel, per diem.
Cons: no guarantee of work.
Expect to be on the road for a week or two at a time - there will be no breaks - and some days you barely have enough time to get six hours of sleep between the hassle of checking into a hotel and being on time for the next job. Once you do have some down time, expect it to be for a while. There is no guarantee of work, where it will be, or how long before the next job is available.
Dont work for the Illinois branch
Merchandiser (Former Employee), IL, CA, MI, IN, MNMarch 9, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: too many to list
The Illinois district manager is a low life that assigns work to people that fall asleep at work instead of hard working employees that actually deserve to work. He'll promise you a raise but you'll never see it. The company will lay you off due to no work being available in the city, but they will say you quit so you cant collect unemployment
Interesting and challenging company.
On Call-Sub-Contractor (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 2, 2014
Pros: challenging, team work, unique, technologically advanced
Cons: travelling, overnight hours.
Apollo makes for a very exciting job by offering a different and new experience each store we visit. This allows our team to stay alert and involved in providing great services to our clients rather than the usual mundane operations of other clock in-clock out type businesses.
Fun Workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Apollo Beach, FLJuly 6, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enought work to keep you busy unless you are single and want to travel all the time, really not for anyone marriaged
You start early and finish early, you learn how to do many differ things,Management hard to get ahold of when needing work,Coworkers are the best in the business, You meet so many differ people from so many differ place you make alot of freinds
Construction, steady paced job with new stuff to learn every day
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: per diem, travel pay, overtime
Cons: no stable place to stay in, moved every 3 months to a new state
Built gondola's and all item's inside a Super Walmart. Got pushed up to crew leader with in a month of working. Supervisor was great and very detailed on what needed to be done.
Another Day at Work
Installer (Former Employee), Leesville, LAMarch 21, 2015
Everyday was the same thing. With a few changes here and there. Learned the plan o grams better to place on the shelf and items accordingly. The co-workers were friendly. The hardest part was holding the shelf and placing it correctly. Most enjoyable was learning where the things go and what items were new.
you'll spend more on gas working for this company.
tech (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: you get a shirt and a email account and expensive insurance
Cons: as I posted above
piece rate is horrible and its based on your hourly rate they don't service many stores and the stores they do service are going under such as kmart and sears.
Its not a bad job i just wish they had more frequent work available
Merchandiser (part-time) laborer (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYNovember 12, 2015
Decent company to work for. You can travel all over the country but I'm looking for local work.Dont want to put the wear and tear on my vehicle.
Renovation of Retail Stores
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Working with Great People
Cons: Unfriendly Clients
6:45 am we have our first meeting and we discuss which areas we need to be working on. Their are great people to work with we usually have 1 hr lunches and After we come back its down hill from their.
would rather go on welfare than work for this company again
lead Assembler (Former Employee), New jerseyMarch 22, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: terrible management. ..
Terrible!!! No raise , no promotion, no advance in this company! !! Work is slim because company keep loosing contract. ..1 day of training and you are to be put out there. ..
Headquarters