Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

Rewarding
Assembler, Service Tech, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, Pennsylvania23 March 2017
If you do your job, and not cry and complain you will work. Yes, they can mess up on payroll, but what company has not. The mileage is fair. Just because they pay less than the Federal Rate doesn't mean you can't claim the difference at the end of the year. They really do not have to pay mileage. No LAW stating they have to. They do this to help offset our gas. I have no complaints about ARS. They treated me better than when I was in the Electrical Union.
Pros
Paid hotel, mileage, good DC and DM, 401(K0/ROTH, and health ins.
RUN as fast as you can
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin22 March 2017
RUN as fast as you can. CPM is the worst company, that make you do things that no other merchandising companies wont to do.
RUN and stay away
No worth working at this company for the small hourly wage
Pros
No longer work for CPM
Cons
Abustive Districk Manager
Prodictive fun work place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL3 March 2017
Since I've worked there give made great money traveled around the u.s. they pay mileage,and per Dem. You get to meet different people from all over. But some times you home for a couple of months.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Always working
Cool job for a road warrior
Installer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO24 January 2017
This job allowed me to travel and experience life on the road while making a good living too. The team members and the types of jobs are and fun and challenging.
Terrible company to work for. Excellent for advancement opportunities.
District Manager/Field Ops Mgr (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL31 December 2016
Many of the management team lack common knowledge and have only acquired their positions through time spent with the company. This leads for a completely one-minded management team with little to no room for improvement. Terrible balance for work and life. Terrible compensation for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect.
Quick busy work place long hours
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL30 December 2016
Store remodels replacing all shelving and displays, use of many hand and power tools including grinder, saws all, hammer drill eat.
Most remodel Lowe's lighting and tool section put up new product and displays according to plannagrams
Pros
Paid travel and hotel
Cons
Sent veey far away from home, up to 12 hours driving
Misuse of pay
Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL3 December 2016
You must stay on management's case & also HR about the correct pay amount of per diem usually. Not necessarily hourly pay.
Pros
free rooms, lunches, traveling different areas
Cons
cross country traveling
Productive always busy
Ceiling specialist (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OH3 December 2016
I really enjoyed working for apollo just too much traveling and not being able to come home, my team was pretty cool and the money was ok, I just didn't enjoy being in a different state every month without visiting home.
Pros
sight seeing in other states. Free hotel rooms
Cons
No breaks
horrible place to work
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA30 November 2016
This company underpays, pays men more than women, no matter thier experience. They hired men with no experience at 15.00 an hour, and paid me 12.50 an hour to train them. I enjoyed my job, but the pay thing is what bothered me.
Great for just something to do
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL30 November 2016
They provide you with training. You have to provide your own basic tool set. They will provide you will any special tools you need. You can make your own schedule for the most part.
Good work place
Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH10 November 2016
A typical day at work requires basic common knowledge. You may have to unload truck with forklifts or even pallet jacks. It's not an strainious job it's more laid back than anything. If you get on a good crew things will be smooth.
Flexible hours but reliable transportation needed
Assembler/Fixture Installer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA7 November 2016
Jobs would get sent to me through the website and I would be able to pick which ones to accept. I would drive to the assigned service location (in-homes or store locations) and assemble light fixtures/furniture in an allotted amount of time. Afterwards, I submit a report of the job and send in photos of my work as proof of completion.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of time spent on the road
Bounce around all ove and rarely home
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Florida28 October 2016
Away from home for long periods of time. Not for a man with family. Very hard to do. But pay is good and travel is good also. Lots of new people.. it was a good experience.
Pretty laid back work/life balance
Field Merchandiser Assembler In-home (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 3361919 October 2016
On time every morning, ready for work, ready for a new experiences, every day i learn something different, always follow manager order or instruction, i always had a good communication with managers. /
As for the salary fairly ok but is base on repairs, and assemblies done.

Management from Florida was constantly changing and never seemed to know what was going on in the field and very poor management.

As for the mileage rate using your truck to help them on short-time notice including long distant was base 19 cents which isn't the average. Overall there freedom but pay isn't comparable with work given at times.
Pros
freedom was there and no micromanagement
Cons
benefits could be better, mileage rate should be 41 cent
Its a starter and experience job.....Learn what you can and move on
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TX14 October 2016
They don't pay you appropriately, and when you complain about it they slowly take you off jobs.
They try to write you up if you don't show up to jobs so make sure you keep track of the emails you send them cause half the time they won't respond then make it out to be your fault.
They don't communicate to each other or there workers.
Lack of team work and work ethic
CSR (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX9 October 2016
Not a lot of team work. Jobs are not split up fairly some have way more wirk than others. Several get to be off the phone all day because of what their job has in it Some take advantage. Manager spends most of the day on her phone playing games and yelling out for people to get on the phone when it is busy same person akways called for extra hours even though there are several part time people
Pros
Easy job. Nice coworkers good scheduling for alternate jobs
Cons
Favoritism and lack of professionalism
Easy job with poor pay , poor morale, poor management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX28 September 2016
Dallas office lacks good management. Manager brings dog to office of rainy days making it smell like wet dog because her dog is afraid of storms. Disregard for hygiene and allergies . Manager out more times a year than most emotes combined with numerous excuses tenured employees are late daily and manager doctors their time . Lots of favoritism for several employees. Manager speaks negatively about employees in dallas and tampa offce . No morale in workplace or respect the most difficult is there is lots of inappropriate talk of race and orientation thT is highly inappropriate for the workplace. Discussion of employees salaries as well and who receive raises and who do not. O many things wrong here that you can't list them all and no one to go to. He is in another state and should you go to them your job is jeapordized. Your forced to grin and bear it. Inappropriate dress. Employees come dressed very inappropriately most days
Pros
Simple job with decent hours and few weekends required
Cons
Poor pay non professional workplace no chance for advancement
Don't waste you're valuable time applying for this company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX18 September 2016
Very bad management.
No communication whatsoever.
And the pay is horrible!!!
No pay for mileage.
Scheduled is whenever the work is there
It could be at night.
Pros
Cons
You won't make money working for this place.
Do better apollo!
I really dont even know what my title was! (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL15 September 2016
Pros: On-boarding process fairly quick

Cons:

Total of 3 assignments offered (8 month period), none I was able to complete - they would call a day before you needed to be at a particular place, each place more than 4 hours away

The portal where assignments are supposed to be posted was never used

Management unresponsive to email

I've had NO TRAINING....NO TRAINING

This company has no regard for people trying to make a living and care for their families. By the grace of God I already had a full-time ...great paying job and this just happen to be what I thought an way to make extra money.

Absolutely not. They do not care about their employees.

POOR MANAGEMENT
Debbi Sutton
Bob Davis
just to drop a few names
The work is fun and always changing
Installer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL7 June 2016
Management of Employees is poor. people living near a location are sent across the country to work and out of town people are shipped in to for what could have been a local job. great job - poor employee logistics
Pros
Fun, always changing, travel
Cons
travel when it should not be required. sometimes a week between jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Retail Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8