Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

work on your own
REGIONAL MERCHANDISING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORMarch 2, 2016
Apollo is okay. Not great benifits or hours kind of a take it or leave it attitude towards employees. so/so pay. I thought they were more of a straightforward company. I have not been given what promised so far.
Do better apollo!
I really dont even know what my title was! (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Pros: On-boarding process fairly quick

Cons:

Total of 3 assignments offered (8 month period), none I was able to complete - they would call a day before you needed to be at a particular place, each place more than 4 hours away

The portal where assignments are supposed to be posted was never used

Management unresponsive to email

I've had NO TRAINING....NO TRAINING

This company has no regard for people trying to make a living and care for their families. By the grace of God I already had a full-time ...great paying job and this just happen to be what I thought an way to make extra money.

Absolutely not. They do not care about their employees.

POOR MANAGEMENT
Debbi Sutton
Bob Davis
just to drop a few names
Easy job with poor pay , poor morale, poor management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Dallas office lacks good management. Manager brings dog to office of rainy days making it smell like wet dog because her dog is afraid of storms. Disregard for hygiene and allergies . Manager out more times a year than most emotes combined with numerous excuses tenured employees are late daily and manager doctors their time . Lots of favoritism for several employees. Manager speaks negatively about employees in dallas and tampa offce . No morale in workplace or respect the most difficult is there is lots of inappropriate talk of race and orientation thT is highly inappropriate for the workplace. Discussion of employees salaries as well and who receive raises and who do not. O many things wrong here that you can't list them all and no one to go to. He is in another state and should you go to them your job is jeapordized. Your forced to grin and bear it. Inappropriate dress. Employees come dressed very inappropriately most days
Pros
Simple job with decent hours and few weekends required
Cons
Poor pay non professional workplace no chance for advancement
Productive and Independent work environment
RETAIL SERVICE SPECIALISTS- TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Puebl, COJune 1, 2016
- Responsible for providing the maintenance and planogram integrity to the many products and displays themselves for many major retailers. Includes cleaning, repairing and the assembly of sometimes entire new stores, basically anything the client requires.
- Flexible employee whom is able to appropriately handle any changes to the work load, such as; work hours varying, missing employees, planogram changes/modifications, delays with shipment, and general on the spot improvising.
- Self-Motivated and conducts oneself professionally with clients and other employees/managers at all times. Strives to make organization and great customer service a priority at all times.
- Use computers and internet daily to communicate with managers or co-workers as well as find, download, print, or send any necessary documents. Email regularly.
Pros
Traveling, Ability to advance fast
Cons
Inconsistent work load, not very many dependable co-workers due to traveling.
Worst Company ever
Assembler (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 3, 2016
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for! They're communication/management skills are horrible! This company did a great job of wasting 3 months of my time. No communication whatever, I never knew what was going on any of the time, they never respond to calls or emails, schedule me to be places without notifying me, etc. I wasn't the only employee... the word among employees was the same, bad management and zero communication. Not to mention they were not up to date on CA employment laws. If you like a bunch of non-sense, this is the job for you! This company does not have a good relationship with its employees or their clients!
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad management bad comunnication
A good transitionary job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2015
This company doesn't practice good communication, management to employees. There is never enough advance notice as to when you're are working until the evening before, making difficult to plan out your personal time.
Training is another issue. The furniture training was well handled giving appropriate amount of hands-on field experience. However, the other aspects of the company bikes, Office Depot and Lowes end you're given very little time to learn the job and understand what you're suppose to be doing. Often times playing the guessing game.
The pay was barely enough to cover living expenses and gas. You're paid per the piece built not by the hour as claimed. The times for each piece built is predetermined and if you take longer than the allotted time you're pretty much working for free. Just pray your car doesn't break down since you have to use your own.
This job is great to work at while looking for something that best suits you or to fill your calendar. But would advise against trying to make it a full-time gig.
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
Poor milage compensation. Poor Communication. Nonexistent work schedule.
Don't waste you're valuable time applying for this company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Very bad management.
No communication whatsoever.
And the pay is horrible!!!
No pay for mileage.
Scheduled is whenever the work is there
It could be at night.
Pros
Cons
You won't make money working for this place.
fun to work here.. and it real good hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2016
I have a great time at work .... learn new things... good to be in this field... I like working here it my best job... everyone works together... help each others out
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
sense of accomplishment!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Very satisfying at the end. When you leave a (now) store with customers at the door, knowing that less than two weeks ago, you stood in an empty building waiting for the first truck to arrive.
A lot of hard/team work goes into creating a functional well set store!
Im proud of what I do.
This company will be good to you as long as you do what you are hired to do.
Some times it gets slow but I have never had difficulty getting unemployment from Apollo Retail Specialists!
Pros
travel
Cons
could be steadier but thats to be expected working retail.
Installing electrical displays and training employees about product and helping customers
Vendor Representative (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 7, 2015
The company is alright to work for if you like to be independent and like working with people in the retail market. Installing electrical displays in Lowes stores. The hardest part of the job is lifting product and being able to access supplies and display product. The most enjoyable part of the job is freedom of no supervisors and flexible start time.
Pros
You can work at your own pace and have little to no supervision.
Cons
No room for advancement, poor management communication, little to no reimbursement for auto, traveling, or tools on the job.
Not the company for me
Merchandiser/assembly (Former Employee) –  OregonFebruary 12, 2016
My experience working for apollo was not very good at all .communication with the company is very poor ,there pay is very inconsistent, and doesn't seam to work out the way it should .not hear to rant and raze just am a honest person and was looking for the same in apollo did not find that .thanks
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Lack of carring about people
would rather go on welfare than work for this company again
lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  New jerseyMarch 22, 2015
Terrible!!! No raise , no promotion, no advance in this company! !! Work is slim because company keep loosing contract. ..1 day of training and you are to be put out there. ..
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible management. ..
Dont work for the Illinois branch
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IL, CA, MI, IN, MNMarch 9, 2012
The Illinois district manager is a low life that assigns work to people that fall asleep at work instead of hard working employees that actually deserve to work. He'll promise you a raise but you'll never see it. The company will lay you off due to no work being available in the city, but they will say you quit so you cant collect unemployment
Pros
travel
Cons
too many to list
Spotty
Install Technician (Current Employee) –  RichmondMay 7, 2013
Expect to be on the road for a week or two at a time - there will be no breaks - and some days you barely have enough time to get six hours of sleep between the hassle of checking into a hotel and being on time for the next job. Once you do have some down time, expect it to be for a while. There is no guarantee of work, where it will be, or how long before the next job is available.
Pros
amazing compensation: mileage, time for travel, per diem.
Cons
no guarantee of work.
Don't Ever Work Here!
Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2014
Nothing about this job was enjoyable. Long hours, little pay and long periods away from home. Management seemed to only care about themselves and how they could hit their bonuses. Co-workers always complaining about the same things never getting any resolution. Good luck getting paid what you work for with this company. Paycheck were rarely correct.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
long hours, long periods away from home, little pay and no room for advancement
na
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 4, 2016
fast paced stocking position
multi tasking throughout
traveling to different areas to stock
hours vary upon demand
would like to see company go to full time positions
Average Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Really busy field but lacking some support and resources to excel and deliver a superior customer service.Customers Planogram are well detailed and easy to execute.
A great job.
Team Leader/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2015
This job gave me the chance to travel all over the country. Must weeks worked a 40 hour work week and had the weekends to explore the area.
Review
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2012
challenging,wide range of personalities in co-workers:the hardest part of the job is not knowing if work will be steady, most enjoyable was the ability to see an empty building become a new store
Pros
travel
Cons
no benefits
Renovation of Retail Stores
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2015
6:45 am we have our first meeting and we discuss which areas we need to be working on. Their are great people to work with we usually have 1 hr lunches and After we come back its down hill from their.
Pros
Working with Great People
Cons
Unfriendly Clients

2.8