Rare Employment Opportunity!
Looking for a rarely offered, amazing career opportunity? A place to learn and grow with a supportive, friendly group of people? You need to come and see us!
We are a full-service civil engineering, planning and survey company with offices in Surrey, Abbotsford, Kelowna, Calgary and most recently, Vancouver. We provide cost-effective and innovative design and project management solutions for land development and capital works civil projects throughout British Columbia and Alberta.
The Surrey branch is currently seeking a Planner to join our dynamic team! This role reports to and works in conjunction with the Planning Manager to take land development applications from private and public sector clients through the regulatory approval process of local and provincial government.
- Prepare project proposals and budgets;
- Monitor project budgets;
- Prepare feasibility reports;
- Prepare planning rationales;
- Develop plans and specifications;
- Prepare reports to be used in client meetings and agencies meetings;
- Develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches through to detailed conceptual layouts;
- Liaise with approval agencies.
- Supervise the work of sub-consultants and internal support staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of regulatory approval at the local government level;
- Knowledge of the land development process;
- Strong time management skills required;
- Organization and strong verbal and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCADD Civil 3D and Google Sketch-up.
Required Training and Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience with AutoCADD Civil 3D and Google Sketch-up;
- Graduate level education or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in drafting and design in urban planning;
- Demonstrate the skills & knowledge needed to supervise the approval of a land development application.
Required licenses, certificates and registrations:
- A current member of, or eligible for membership to the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- An operational vehicle and valid BC Drivers' Licence.
Reply in confidence by sending a resume and cover letter to the attention of Planning Manager.
While we appreciate all who take the time to apply, please know that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.