Senior CNC Machinist
- 10 years machining experience minimum in precision machining techniques.
- Starting Salary $22.
- Afternoon Shift only.
- Must be able to competently operate a vertical Milling machine.
- Knowledge CNC controls like Fanuc, Yasnac controls, etc.
- Very good Knowledge of cutting tools and their modification.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, charts, tables and to detect errors in drawings also.
- Able to study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed and to determine the optimal sequence of operations.
- Able to check for accuracy and conformance to specifications for the dimensions of products using precision measuring instruments
- Set-up intermediate to complex jobs and operate conventional, special-purpose, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machine ability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and tooling pre-setter.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow and enter command to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media; observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of–tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality and performance.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
- Knowledge of most materials such as Aluminum and stainless, titanium.
- EDM sinker and Edm Wire competencies would be an asset.
- Ability to use computer for data entry and to search any information that is related to the job performing
- Ability to develop new methods of production so as to reduce set-up time and also production time.
- Has the ability to analyze machine programming codes so as to avoid scrapping parts.
- Keeps work area clean and safe
- To adjust and compensate any machine errors or tools errors when needed
- To be able to complete complex job in an appropriate time frame.
- To follow job instructions in an efficient and efficacy way
- Works well with others
- Must fully understand setup and operation of at least one machining field (mills, lathes, EDMs, etc).
- Bilingualism an asset but not necessary.
- Must be very polyvalent so as to develop other type of machining ability.
- Must be proactive
- Must be able to read English
- Able to work within a team environment.
- Able to work overtime.
- Good communicator and ability to coach others
- Automobile required.