Senior EDM Machinist
- 3-5 years experience.
- Knowledge of sinker and wire edm environment
- Knowledge of computer aided manufacturing software such as MasterCam and Featurecam to create numerical code in order to control computerized metal cutting equipment
- Very good Knowledge of Edm programming
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, charts, tables and to detect errors in drawings also.
- Able to study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed and to determine the optimal sequence of operations.
- Knowledge of fixtures and tooling required to shape materials such as aluminum, steel or polymers within a wire edm environment.
- Prepares time studies for clients when requested.
- To determine the quantity of materials and tools for production of parts.
- To check availability of tools and to advise purchasing for any order as soon as possible at the start of the job
- To prepare a handing over sheet for the head of production that includes the estimation production time for the entire step that is included in the production routine related to his program.
- To participate in appraisal of the other employee under his responsibility
- Identifies and reports any problems to his direct supervisor with regards to potential problems within his/her work environment.
- Help to reduce variability in production process
- To follow job instructions in an efficient and efficacy way
- To work in parallel with any other department such as conventional, CNC, quality, purchasing if there is a need to.
- To solve work problems and to recommend measures to improve productivity and to reduce non-quality problems
- To train new recruits or to arrange for training and to assign workload in an efficient way
- Supervise, coordinate and to organize, as appropriate, the work of apprentices
- To assist management in various projects such as developing new working standards, company quality and productivity improvement
- To reinforce the internal procedures and ensure that the other employee under his responsibility is abiding to their working procedures and ensure proper recording is done
- Proficiency in software and computers.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solid works, Catia, Microsoft office.
- Must be very polyvalent so as to develop other types of machining ability.
- Must be proactive
- Must be able to read and write English and French
- Able to work within a team environment.
- Able to work overtime.
- Good communicator and ability to coach others
- Automobile required.
The art of fine machining – precision, experience, quality, and reliability
Apex Precision Inc. has earned a strong reputation for...