Organize and supervise the plant workers on a continual basis to assure a safe and productive shop that achieves the company’s goals of quality, safety, and volume of manufactured items.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with the Operations personnel on a daily basis toward the efficient scheduling of the production in the plant. Product orders come from the order desk and sales department and it is the Plant Manager’s job to communicate if unable to meet scheduled delivery.
- To organize and schedule training sessions on the safe use of equipment.
- To organize the training schedule for the implementation of manufacturing procedures for the Quality Management System.
- Day to day supervision and coaching of the Production Leads and Production Assistants on issues such as tardiness, safety, pace of work and following procedures.
- To arrange for and/or provide maintenance to all plant equipment and repair as necessary.
- Plant Manager may be required to troubleshoot, install, and perform repairs on all existing and new plant equipment.
- To conduct annual employee performance reviews.
- The Plant Manager will work closely with the Operations Manager in a shared role in identifying and monitoring raw material required in the manufacturing of the product and for certain special items required in the manufacturing of the product.
- To effectively schedule work shifts and approve overtime if required for the plant employees to ensure the most efficient flow of work processes.
- Ensure through the Production Lead hand that all items including moulds, tables, ovens and raw material are organized at the end of each day for the following day’s production.
- Responsible for the opening and locking all doors in the Plant area at the beginning and end of each day or assigning someone to ensure this is done. Shared responsibility for the security of the Plant, building and yard in general.
- Overall responsibility to ensure that the timers for the state mix machine, ovens, tables and equipment are turned on and off as required during the work week and ensure the coordination of this on the weekends.
- Take a leadership role in ensuring that all employees conform to the company Health & Safety program and Quality Management System.
- To assist in other plant or operational duties if required.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of operational methods and practices
- Computer literacy, including competency related to MS-Windows-based applications
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of company products and services
- Must have a solid mechanical aptitude.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Solid background in a manufacturing environment and supervising employees.
Indeed - 2 years ago