Apache Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Revenue and Production Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2018
They have really good people that are very loyal and smart. The employees are paid well if you work in a prestige area
Good work environment, good hours, pretty flexible. Great company to start your career and leave as soon as you can
Stressful place but lots of opportunity
Business Process Writer / Technical (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2017
This company has been sold. This was a bit of a sweatshop where a lot of people worked a lot of hours. One reason was because the people were passionate. It was nice to work with passionate people; but the work life balance was off.
Excellent place to work
Contract Camp Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta and NWT20 September 2017
Lots of support and people were great to work with and for. There is lots of opportunity to learn new skills and share with leadership and management.
I enjoyed working for Apache. I found Apache to be a challenging and rewarding company to work for.
Deputy Maintenance General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
Apache's expectations are high but were attainable with hard work. I agree with Apache's focus on Safety, Health and Environmental regulations. I found working for Apache that they encouraged individual ideas and promoting a team environment.
Pros
A rewarding company to work for.
Moral Killer
Production Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Midale, SK22 June 2017
production production production. That's all that matters. Benefits were really good but they could care less about the employee. No raise for 3 years.
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB16 March 2017
Enjoy working here, great communication between the higher ups all the way to the field level, competitive wage and great benefits very family orientated
Great place to start and grow a career.
Pipeline Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
If you a re looking for a career where you are valued, Apache is a great place to start. Engineers go through a training program involving all disciplines within the oil and gas industry.
After the program is complete, one is able to choose their preferred area of involvement.
The field employees are very solid and great to work with
M & I Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Coronation, AB25 January 2017
The area is very large with lots of challenges because of the number of kilometers driven in the field. There is more work to do in a day then there is hours. If you are interested in coming to work for this company you need to talk to a couple of the field workers to see if the work flow process has improved.
Pros
Good benifits and RRSP program
Cons
Top heavy in office staff that slows down field work.
Have a well complet as per program
Well Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB7 November 2016
Completed many ball frac with 100 + personnel on location.
Never had a lost time accident.
The hardest part of the job is long days away from my family
Like to live on location for the duration of the job.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from home
ok
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB7 March 2016
ok it was an operator job in a low producing field. I learned how to work with effluent packages and sour compressor. management ok
co-workers great
budjet cuts
the guys were the best part of job and having all wells running at end of day
poorly managed, major disconnects within groups
Surface Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  calgary12 February 2016
poor culture within certain groups, poorly/lacked any management within groups, people with the loudest voice were most respected not people with real knowledge.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2016
I will miss no longer working there, if the economy every turns around I would go back there in a heartbeat!
Great work culture, great coworkers, lots of extras and prime downtown location.
Contract
Contractor Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2015
I was hired for an intial two week stint which became a 13 month contract.
I enjoyed the management and my co-workers at Apache
Excellent workplace
Petroleum Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2015
Excellent employer that provided opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed the environment that Apache provided for young professionals to learn through mentorship.
Good Place to work.
A&D / Land Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta25 May 2015
A&D Analyst responsible for seller' du diligence and responsible for preparation of conveyance documents for a $113,000,000.00 disposition.
A day in the life of a Surface Land Admin at Apache
Sr. Surface Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2015
Day to day Surface Land work
- package review
- working with landowners
- dealing with day to day issues such as rental adjustments, survey questions, etc.
- working with other departments to ensure projects are completed
Decent place to work, but no really support from management to get work completed.
Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2015
Great benefits and competitive salary. Too many people trying to do the same job with management not knowing the small details that are required by the government.
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC10 January 2015
A productive day at work each and every day for me. Every day I learn something new. Operations are awesome to work with and they help me when I am stuck on something in return I help them when I can.

Hardest part of my job is making sure I have everything done at the end of the day (which I always do get done) for the following day or weeks ahead.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the job. I love doing what I do as it is challenging and gives me happiness when a job is planned according to the work being done and is completed correctly and everyone goes home safe to their families.
Pros
Interfacing with Operations daily
Cons
Days are not long enough to do what i need to do
Good
Surface Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2015
Big company multiple floors downtown Calgary office. Worked in the surface land section and great people to work with and good management.
Good Company
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Swan Hills, AB26 November 2014
Good pension and stock options. Good culture and efficiency.
Pros
Good benefits, culture.
Cons
Swan Hills