AP PLASMAN Employee Reviews

Good environment to work in
Paint application supervisor/robotics (Current Employee) –  Tilbury, ON12 November 2017
Good place to work for. They have good benefits and great people to work with. There is some room for advancement but if you do you can never go back.
fun work place
Production Team Member / Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 June 2017
easy going work environment and nice co wokers. the supervisors are very helpful i will recoomend to anyone intrested in working in the manufacturing industry.
Cons
regular hrs
Growing company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
This company is currently going through a growth phase. Has strong customer base and technical expertise in the products that it supplies. The company has good potential
Fast pace friendly face
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2017
working here through a temp agency allowed me to progress my life to the next level. the pay is above average and the people were great. work hard and show them you care and you will have a full time job offered to you in no time. good luck!
Great environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 March 2017
Everybody is ready to do their job. Supervisors are kind and helpful. Learn how certain parts of cars are made. Gain experience on many different types of machines.
Good work environment with a lot of learning opportunities
Accounting - data entry and job query (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 March 2017
It was a very good working environment with friendly people everywhere. Everyone there was willing to help each other grow and help the company brand improve.
Productive workplace that provided lots of knowledge
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 February 2017
Overall, AP Plasman was a great place to work. I was taught many things about the car manufacturing industry. I was also taught the process that parts go through before they were shipped out to assembly plants.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
No air conditioning
Not bad
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 January 2017
Pretty good work environent and nice employees and managers. The work itself is very mundane and repetitive as Im sure all assembly jobs are.
Organized and Efficent workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 November 2016
An excellent job for both long term and short term job placement. Room for advancements as well as job security. Extremely organized and straight forward work.
Fast pace work place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 October 2016
Ap plasman is a very fast paced work environment but at the same time laid back. The hardest part about the job is the repetitiveness.
Fast paced but welcoming work environment.
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON14 December 2015
The work days typically pass quickly because there's always work to be done and the staff is filled with good people to work with.
Pleasant work environment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 October 2015
Overall, I find the work easy, and the staff very nice. The rate of pay is low to start, but I am hopeful in time, things will improve with rate of pay, benefits. Everyone seems to get along fine. I enjoy the steady midnight shift, as I have 2 teenagers to see off to school in the morning, and join for supper in the evenings. I guess the hardest part of the job would be the prolonged standing, which at this point, I have adapted to.
Pros
Shorter shift on midnights(7 hours) with premium
Cons
Low starting wage
AP Plasman was a good place to work for .
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor , Ontario23 June 2015
A Team Leader's day started with getting the line up that consisted of 7 to 10 presses, the people you had to work with that day , and the production you needed to achieve .
After everybody was assigned the work place you had to make sure the people are properly trained to do the job and they have everything they need to run it .You had to do quality checks, make sure the products are properly packed and labeled, release workers for breaks , deal with any quality safety and co-workers issues.
What i learned is that having your work area set up properly from an ergonomic point of view impacts directly the production results.The better your work area is organized the better results you give.
The hardest part was working in 3 shifts, by the time you got used to one shift you had to switch .
The most enjoyable part was training people on new jobs.
Pros
reward and appreciation programs
Cons
working in 3 shifts
Lots of good times and friends
Quality Inspector/Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  windsor27 March 2015
It was always a fun place to go to work. As long as you did your job and it quotas no one really bothered you. Had a lot of good co workers and a few bad ones. But you get that anywhere you go. We had a lot of fun together and was sad to leave. But we were moving out west.
Pros
always received a raise
Cons
takes a long time to get hired on
Productive and fast pace working environment assembling car parts
labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 March 2015
AP Plasman Is a good place to work if you enjoy fast pace working and Multi tasking I learned a lot about manufacturing of small car parts and how to really work as a team to get the job done
Pros
Good pay for the jobs you do
Cons
inconsistent hours
Productive and good atmosphere
General Labourer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 March 2015
My typical day at work is clocking in and going to the line to start inspecting. Management is helpful and co workers are friendly. I didn't find my job to be hard, I just had to adjust when new parts came in.
Very productive and fast paced job but was a lot of fun and learned new jobs every day.
Press Operator/Inspector/Packager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2015
A typical day at AP Plasman was getting to work at least 15 minutes before the starting shift because, each day was a new job or press. the extra time was to learn the job from the previous operator and fill in any required paper work. The end of the shift was adding up your production the the day and filling out the remainder of the paper work as per required. I learned the skills to creating quality plastic molded parts for the automotive trade. Management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with.The hardest part of the job was being isolated as breaks were taken individually and the presses were away from others.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn a new press every shift.
Pros
Friendly environment and very productive
Cons
Short term wished to be there longer
Program Management Coop Student
ENGINEERING CO-OP STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 December 2014
• Initiate and release (with Program Manager supervision) ECN requests

• Compile ECN responses and present to Program Manager for approval and release to Estimating

• Support New Program first production samples events:
- Coordinate measurement of samples in fixtures
- Compile dimensional results in requested format
- Coordinate transportation between plants of samples

• Maintain Key Performance Indicator (KPI) graphs for Program Managers and Business Unit Manager. Graphs to be developed using data updated by Program Managers on an every-other-week basis:
- Tool profit margin
- Piece price margin
- Part weight
- Average days of delay on Milestones
- Average gate review readiness on Milestone
- Traffic light average efficiency

Job Requirements:
Education / Skills:
• Currently pursuing a University or College diploma, preferably with emphasis in Quality or Engineering
• Excel, Word and basic Microsoft Office software
Pros
friendly
Cons
Fast deadline
Too bad i couldnt stay longer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON15 June 2014
My brief stint at AP Plasman was enjoyable. I was hoping to stay longer but company was going to hire more employees but during my stay the company changed it mind and laid me and the other new employees. A typical day was working at various stations which was good because you were not doing the same thing every day. I learned how to sand parts before painting, package parts , inspecting parts and assembling parts. Management and co-worker were great. The hardest part of the job was the ride to work it was an hour drive to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends it made the job more fun.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
long drive to work
Assembly line environment which requires fast pace work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 December 2013
• Stood long hours operating on the assembly line
• Inspected and fixed automotive parts prior to packaging
• Cut, drilled, stamped, and sanded automotive parts
• Packaged and organized automotive parts into boxes prior to shipping
• Calculated inventory and reported errors in sales
Pros
Learning to work with others and learning to work quickly.
Cons
Machines may work faster than your effort.