Reports to: Engineering Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
Primary role is to develop software specification for the operation of custom automated machines.
- Develop software design and validation documents from general machine and process requirements.
- Integrate machine subsystems including displays, controllers, sensors, actuators, measurement and vision systems.
- Develop custom application software in C/C++/C#, Ladder Logic, Labview or by using in-house configuration tools.
- Modify system configurations to optimize performance.
- Write procedures and user manuals.
- Debug performance issues and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Software or Electrical Engineering, with 5 years experience in systems integration engineering. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Ability to understand the needs of internal and external customers, in terms of machine behaviour and performance, and develop a solution based on a product line.
- Proven aptitude with C/C++/C# and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Electrical and mechanical skills, an asset.
- Bilingual – English/French an asset.
- Comfortable working as part of a diverse engineering team.
- Comfortable working in an R&D environment where novel ideas are incorporated into complex machinery design.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly, understand design concepts and complete tasks without supervision.
- Able to effectively complete multiple tasks under tight time constraints.
- Approach problem solving with a positive and can-do attitude.
- Hands-on, comfortable working in office, shop and production environments.
Candidates are encouraged to transmit an electronic portfolio of past projects.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Aonix Advanced Materials Corporation is a developer of advanced composite materials, design processes, and automation systems. We supply the...