Roles and Responsibilities
Primary role is to act as technical support to the R&D team.
- Set-up and conduct tests and experiments as directed.
- Record and maintain data in laboratory notebook.
- Compute basic formulations.
- Write lab reports and procedures under scientist’s supervision.
- Check and maintain lab equipment and glassware.
- Maintain high level of housekeeping.
- Check and maintain chemical storage areas.
- Assist with waste disposal.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment.
- Diploma in chemistry.
- At least 2-year experience in an chemicals R&D environment.
- Experience in polymers and composites preferred.
- Experience with specialized synthesis techniques and equipment (Schlenk lines, microwave ovens, glove boxes…) an asset.
- Knowledge of WHIMIS and other safety-related principles..
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office.
- Bilingual – English/French an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working as part of a demanding team of professionals.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly, understand scientific concepts and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong sense of work ethic and self-motivation
- Willing to learn.
- Can-do attitude.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Aonix Advanced Materials Corporation is a developer of advanced composite materials, design processes, and automation systems. We supply the...