Roles and Responsibilities
Primary role is to support quality control (QC) and product compliance (CSA, CuL certification) activities as they relate to the build and commissioning of complex high speed, high pressure production equipment.
- Review and build QC/QA procedures to meet company quality objectives.
- Use engineering documents and procurement specifications to determine if parts and materials meet the technical requirements.
- Participate with engineering and procurement to qualify suppliers and subcontractors.
- Monitor the work of suppliers and subcontractors by inspecting received parts and in-house machined parts and comparing with engineering documents.
- Instruct and supervise the work of staff assigned to the implementation of inspection programs and audits in terms of compliance with standards and technical requirements.
- Direct and supervise the implementation of corrective action internally or with suppliers to ensure compliance with requirements;
- Participate in design reviews with engineers and suppliers.
- Direct and actively participate in initiatives to gain machine compliance to CUL, CE, RoHS and CCC requirements.
- Ensure equipment guarding is in compliance with Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and press design conforms to the requirements of CSA Z142.10.
- Prepare estimates of time to finish assigned work.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering, or completion of an Engineering Technology program.
- Five (5) years of experience in Quality Assurance.
- Proficient with hand measurement tools, and alignment tools.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2000 quality objectives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of detailed drawings created to ANSI and ISO drawing standards.
- Good knowledge of stacked parts tolerance methods, materials usage, wear and part life cycle analysis.
- Enhanced mechanical skills, a technical school general shops program an asset.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks an asset.
- Membership of PEO an asset.
- Bilingual – English/French an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working as part of a demanding team of professionals.
- Comfortable working in an R&D environment where novel ideas are incorporated into complex machinery design.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly, understand design concepts and complete tasks without supervision.
- Able to effectively complete multiple tasks under tight time constraints.
- Hands-on, comfortable working in office, shop and production environments.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Indeed - 12 months ago