Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Business Analyst/Calc Engine Pension Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2014
40 hours work days
you learn a lot at work
Management is ok
people that work there a ok
working withsome management team can be hard
More about corporate politics than vision or results
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TexasJuly 28, 2014
Pros: networking opportunity
Cons: short breaks (sometimes only 30m lunch and no other breaks) poor health coverage for cost.
Not a bad place to get your feet wet in Human Resources. Don't expect to make changes or have ideas listened heard. You get the chance to work with some great companies and learn about corporate benefits.

Typical day at work is answering calls from the client's employees regarding; 401(k), health insurance, pension, etc. You will learn all these in – more... detail.

Management is promoted via clique and popularity rather than results. Management will often implement changes without seeking to understand the situation or colleague's ability. I spent large amounts of time cleaning up the mess the manager made, training people who weren't adept at the skill.

The hardest part of the job is seeing people get promoted who have no business in their current position let alone a higher position. There are exceptions of course but generally true.

Most enjoyable part was helping people and sharing in their good experiences such as marriage and birth/adoption. – less
Fun place to work
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 28, 2014
Nice work culture and good technical growth encouraged as far as the project I worked on was concerned
All work and no salary
Calc. Specialist (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 27, 2014
Pros: cab facilities, work-life balance
Cons: salary
1. The tools used in Aon-Hewitt are out dated and have no market values.
2. In the age of automation, many things are still manual
3. Don't use latest market tools.
4. Salary and remuneration is pathetic.
5. Work-life balance is good.
6. Provides cab-facilities
Work Life Balance
Test Lead (Current Employee), Noida , IndiaJuly 25, 2014
Aon Hewitt provided good balance b/w work and personal life.
there are good opportunities for you to grow if you are willing to learn and implement.
Great Company
Program Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation and benefits
I enjoyed working here. The compensation and benefits were excellent. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and was truly saddened when my department closed in Phoenix.
Flexibility at work place
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of communication
Lack of communication in current department. I process incoming policies to our system, send them out to brokers to be reviewed and forward to clients. Process endorsements that come in and maintain files for auditing. Compile and follow up with continuous suspense items to be followed up on.
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Noida, UPJuly 22, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: n/a
Aon is a nice company. Employee always feels good and enjoy to work in this kind of company.Management is good and always thinks about there team members.
A good place to work
Assisting in the running of one of the bigger (Former Employee), Croydon, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good place to wotk
Cons: salary and benefits a bit on the low side
A very relaxed working atmosphere with a strict controk of both volume ans accuaracy of work performed
Working in benefits had its ups and downs.
Benefits Specialist I (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILJuly 21, 2014
I was on the phone with customers assisting with their benefit plans. I learned a lot about different benefit plans each client offered. Management was decent at times. My co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of this position was when we were short on coverage. I enjoyed working with the retirees I helped daily.
great experience with good interaction with colleagues
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJJuly 21, 2014
good working environment with welcoming and knowlegeble staff
The workers here are very professional and helpful not only to the clients but also to fellow colleagues.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Downtown Los AngelesJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free breakfast on friday
Cons: clicks
Great location downtown, fun environment and plent of entertainment sponsored by the office of the building.
Clerical
Clerical (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great stepping stone into an office environment
Cons: no benefits
data entry via citrix
file organization
labeling
supervised by President of department and appointed manager
Good work culture
Gurgaon as a Business Analyst Advance (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 17, 2014
Nice work enviornment, a colleague can work for Aon for a long time.
Desktop Specialist 9+Exp
IND-Administrator (Current Employee), ChennaiJuly 17, 2014
Dear

It is a great pleasure to write to you and state my interest in the Desktop Support Specialist position. 9 years’ professional experience in large scale organizations, I am confident that I can make a tremendous contribution to your IT department.

In keeping with the requirements stated in your job description.
Dedicated & committed in work
IND Sr Administrator (Former Employee), NoidaJuly 16, 2014
Everyday learnt something new & have potential to learn things fast & to do things perfectly, Always Cooperate with company.
Challenging company to work for. Lack of teamwork, divided management, poor culture
Director of Business Development (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 15, 2014
Aon is a solid company overall, however, the Portland office needs a lot of work to match the culture of other Aon offices around the country.
It's alright
Tax Compliance Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
I was a tax intern and the team was really nice to me. However, it was extremely concerning when they told me that a lot of people in their tax department left. I'm guessing it must have been tax seasons that really got to them.
Aon Hewitt is a Global Company that values diversity.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2014
Aon Hewitt micro-manages their employees to maximize productivity. Each minute is tracked and accounted for and this is oppressive. The time off is generous, however it is difficult to have time off approved ahead of time, at times not getting approval or disapproval until the day prior to the requested day off! This makes it very difficult to "plan" – more... vacations and regular appointments.
Managers are required to meet 1:1 at least once a month with each employee, however it is more typical for the meetings to occur every other month. – less
Challenging Task
Senior Process Executive (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 12, 2014
Thought me on how the migration works in organization and made my vision wide to look into things

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more