Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Carreer advancement
Assistant Supervisor of Account Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, IL.August 7, 2014
Pros: stable environment
Cons: lots of pressure
Enjoyable work environment.
Financial analyst, acctounting manager, licensing manger.
Busy everyday.
Great working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILAugust 5, 2014
Broad range of interesting clients and industries, so that makes working for Aon Hewitt Interesting. . Everyone is really willing to help, and there is a great emphasis on leadership being close and connected to what the other employees face daily.
call center
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee), woodlands, TXAugust 5, 2014
Training was not that great
Job security is up and down
coworkers are great
management is okay
Very friendly environment, produtive & always room for growth.
Dependent Verification Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I enjoyed working for the company. It was friendly, little to no stress, management was excellent & always willing to help. I learned alot about how the insurance industry works & enjoyed going to work everyday w/ my co-workers.
What an experiance!!!
Corporate Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILAugust 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, lots of them!
Cons: none.
Very valuable knowledge learning from a company of this magnitude. Working in a corporate environment such as this one is invaluable for life! The # 1 thing learned here and I will always take with me everywhere is, always practice benefit of the doubt!
Overall, Aon is GREAT company to work for!
Benefits/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, diversity, extensive training program
Cons: overcrowded lunch rush, high turnover rate
A typical day at work as a customer service associate working at Aon Hewitt consists of showing up early to make sure you could log in to your computer and phone and be available to take calls by your shift start time. Most of the day is spent taking calls from customers about their health, life insurance, 401(k), pension, or other benefits. The job – more... dealt with processing transactions, answering questions about plan provisions and eligibility, and processing enrollments at open enrollment and when customers experienced qualifying life events. You are expected to meet goals on average handle time, after call work, and schedule adherence. You are normally assigned side projects to work on during down time between calls, and sometimes side projects that require a small amount of off phone time. You get two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch.

Overall, Aon Hewitt is GREAT company to work for and was one of my most enjoyable experiences. – less
My experience
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2014
Love working for this company. There are so many opportunities to grow and you are also encouraged to go higher. It is very flexible, especially with me being a single mother of 5. The benefits are great and your co-workers are great as well. This is a fun place to work!
Ok place
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn ParkJuly 30, 2014
It was an ok place to work. Lots of turn over and little consistency.
Never a dull moment
Case Manager, (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCJuly 29, 2014
Multi-tasking, customer care oriented company providing great insurance benefits.
Productive and friendly working environment
Helpline Administrator (Former Employee), Reading, ENGJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pension scheme, annual bonus
Providing a helpline service to clients regarding specific requirements in relation to their insurance policy.

I learned how to respond quickly and accurately to support clients and senior members of staff.

Management and co-workers were always focused on the job in hand and also help others as we worked well together as a team.

The hardest part – more... of the job was to produce month end reports and sending out month end Invoices in a short time scale.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a friendly working environment and having a good relationship with clients. – less
Business Analyst/Calc Engine Pension Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2014
40 hours work days
you learn a lot at work
Management is ok
people that work there a ok
working withsome management team can be hard
More about corporate politics than vision or results
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TexasJuly 28, 2014
Pros: networking opportunity
Cons: short breaks (sometimes only 30m lunch and no other breaks) poor health coverage for cost.
Not a bad place to get your feet wet in Human Resources. Don't expect to make changes or have ideas listened heard. You get the chance to work with some great companies and learn about corporate benefits.

Typical day at work is answering calls from the client's employees regarding; 401(k), health insurance, pension, etc. You will learn all these in – more... detail.

Management is promoted via clique and popularity rather than results. Management will often implement changes without seeking to understand the situation or colleague's ability. I spent large amounts of time cleaning up the mess the manager made, training people who weren't adept at the skill.

The hardest part of the job is seeing people get promoted who have no business in their current position let alone a higher position. There are exceptions of course but generally true.

Most enjoyable part was helping people and sharing in their good experiences such as marriage and birth/adoption. – less
Fun place to work
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 28, 2014
Nice work culture and good technical growth encouraged as far as the project I worked on was concerned
All work and no salary
Calc. Specialist (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 27, 2014
Pros: cab facilities, work-life balance
Cons: salary
1. The tools used in Aon-Hewitt are out dated and have no market values.
2. In the age of automation, many things are still manual
3. Don't use latest market tools.
4. Salary and remuneration is pathetic.
5. Work-life balance is good.
6. Provides cab-facilities
Work Life Balance
Test Lead (Current Employee), Noida , IndiaJuly 25, 2014
Aon Hewitt provided good balance b/w work and personal life.
there are good opportunities for you to grow if you are willing to learn and implement.
Great Company
Program Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation and benefits
I enjoyed working here. The compensation and benefits were excellent. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and was truly saddened when my department closed in Phoenix.
Flexibility at work place
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of communication
Lack of communication in current department. I process incoming policies to our system, send them out to brokers to be reviewed and forward to clients. Process endorsements that come in and maintain files for auditing. Compile and follow up with continuous suspense items to be followed up on.
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Noida, UPJuly 22, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: n/a
Aon is a nice company. Employee always feels good and enjoy to work in this kind of company.Management is good and always thinks about there team members.
A good place to work
Assisting in the running of one of the bigger (Former Employee), Croydon, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good place to wotk
Cons: salary and benefits a bit on the low side
A very relaxed working atmosphere with a strict controk of both volume ans accuaracy of work performed
Working in benefits had its ups and downs.
Benefits Specialist I (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILJuly 21, 2014
I was on the phone with customers assisting with their benefit plans. I learned a lot about different benefit plans each client offered. Management was decent at times. My co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of this position was when we were short on coverage. I enjoyed working with the retirees I helped daily.

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more