Aon Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2014
Translate business requirement into technical specification
Perform data manipulation (including coding, cleaning, and merging of data) and conduct statistical data analysis for various types of requests.
Prepare reports (creating charts and tables, using MS Excel and Access) as requested by internal / external clients
Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested by internal / external clients.
Provide support to clients, as required
Automate the production reports using different tools and methodologis to enable quicker production, greater consistency and lower error rate
Identify opportunities to streamline standardize and automate i
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
productive and fun place
CIBC Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto On6 November 2014
a typical day at work is, come in, sign up, and start taking and making calls, checking emails and responding to emails too.

What i learned are the duties of an HR.. answering trouble shooting calls, payroll, retirement, benefits and more.

The hardest thing is storing all the tone of information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job is customer satisfaction.
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 March 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON28 April 2014
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries
Pros
location
Cons
family business, no room for growth
Broker
PL Broker/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 December 2012
Responsible to sell and service standard and VIP personal lines files with attention on account rounding and hard to place accounts. Overseeing sales and customer service for Southwestern Ontario offices, worked directly with clients, underwriters and supervisors to ensure client and company received the best fit and care. Running P&L, brokerage commission, sales, and various other reports.
The hardest part of the job is hearing customers complaints and not being able to do anything about it. (For example, customers who can't pay for devastating reasons still must be cancelled).
The most enjoyable part is the thrill of working on a difficult account, helping someone find a good product and rate, and being part of a great team.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, good salary, good vacation
Cons
very busy, must be able to manage time efficiently.
Excellent workplace with wonderful people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2014
I loved working with Aon Hewitt. Excellent working conditions, great staff and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people, and carefully tailor the coverage plans to their needs, helping them choose what suited them better.
Pros
relaxed, productive atmosphere
Six week temporary assignment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2012
Updating / creating presentations in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Trained on SharePoint
The hardest part of the job was the amount of work - there were times I sat idle as the Admin Assistants had nothing to pass on.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting other staff members with issues within Word.
insurance company
Customer service Adviser for Participant Benefits (Former Employee) –  Montreal16 January 2014
I was working from 9-5,monday to friday. I learned everything about insurance company.My co-working were amazing and very friendly.The hardest part is when the client is angry for no reason. the most enjoyable part was when the client was satisfied. It was located in Montreal Downtown.
Demanding role requiring complete turnaround of IT department on a major outsourcing contract
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 August 2014
Continuous improvement of processes, procedures, plans
Staff and organizational development
Partnering with multiple internal and external clients
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Reported to US management who were remote
Productive, professional and an EXCELLENT place to work.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Aon! A typical day at work included meeting with different stakeholders, IT onboarding processes, coordinating interviews, attending meetings and taking part in special projects regarding talent acquisition.

The management and co-workers were amongst the best group I have ever worked with. My manager was extremely present, proactive and a great leader. I also made great long term friendships with the co-workers I met there.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the work life balance factor – I absolutely loved that I was able to work from home which made it easy for me during my multiple doctor appointments. The hardest part of the job, (if I had to choose) could be that my manager was in another country but she made it very apparent that she was present and there for our team.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Working from home, Great team, Great location
Cons
IT was difficult to assist with issues, Moving up & Contracts
Unfair Employer Aon Hewitt Consulting
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On22 January 2014
Don't ever think of working here. The worst employee. Management is biased and favoritism thrives. There is no room for a hardworking honest employee. Its is a sneaky scary place
Staff turnover in all depts is unbelievable
Cons
unfair management and favourite groups
Excellent Company for Students and Graduates
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto18 November 2013
As a Benefits Analyst, I administer the Benefits for more than 12,000 employees (3 major clients) from a benefits and payroll perspective. My day consist of working anywhere between 8-10 hours per day.
Pros
Tons of opportunities
Cons
The pay, work-life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Can be fun sometimes working along with team mates and learning from them.
Like all company there are the red tape and politics.
Cons
The location is excellent and the people are friendly and helpful.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2014
I worked as a contract employee for five weeks as a filing clerk, and did not really have a chance to know the company and the people that well. The people that I dealt with were very helpful and appreciative.
Great learning experience
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CA21 August 2013
AON taught me a lot about account management and how best to utilize my time and management skills. I learned how to assist our clients to allow for open dialogue and quick resolution of any issues with their coverage.
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
Nice Place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 May 2015
Continous Night shifts
Management and co-workers are excellent to work along
Work life balance maintained
Talent is recognised and rewarded efficiently
Pros
Very Nice work culture
Cons
No cons
People influence work environment
Pension Specialist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2014
I worked for Hewitt Associates before Aon Merged with Hewitt. It is an awesome company to work for. I have heard from former colleages that the merges caused positive changes.
Bad place to work
Bilingual H.R. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2015
Very poor management - poor supervisor - no work ethics - was not willing to allow time for new hires to understand the software
Pros
Cons
everything
productive
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, Québec27 March 2015
never worked at call center before and loved the experience will look for work in a call center again definately. inbound call centre made it less stressful