Aon

Aon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Quality analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, TNDecember 15, 2014
Good Management and Environment to Work With

Good Team co ordination
International standards
Webchat (Current Employee), Noida, UPDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: low productivity
It was an overall happy experience! I was placed through my University and came here right after graduation. It is the very first company that I have worked with and it has gifted me a lot of knowledge and good experience.
What I've learned
Licensed Benefits Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2014
Pros: gain experience
Cons: lack of support and poor commission structure
While working at Aon, I have successfully enhanced my consultative selling tactics and have full knowledge and experience in helping Medicare participants transition to their new health coverage.
Rich with Opportunity
SR. DIRECTOR GLOBAL PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS (Current Employee), ChicagoDecember 5, 2014
Dynamic and Challenging filled with opportunities, and Colleagues are amazing.
My AON Hewitt experience
Senior Setup Configuration Specialist (Former Employee), indiaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: low quality work
A good company with the best work life balance. The tools were outdated.
Great Job
CSR Inbound/Outbound (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILDecember 4, 2014
Pros: internal
Great job, a lot of different experiences that can be taken world wide.
Very professional environment
Marketing Coordinator/Web Content Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not so good job security
Pay is not so bad, in fact it was good. It is a fast pace environment which made me alert on every situation that needed attention right away.
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Salem, NCDecember 3, 2014
I started working at AON about three months ago. The training is very easy to catch on and the trainers are very nice people. They also offer benefits
Second chance job if necessary
Benefits (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: parking, bathrooms, coffee
Cons: low morale, lack of respect, lack of growth potential or job future
It's great to have opportunities to develop but that will only be at the project level. You will hear about the business that the company earns (it's sales) and the flexibility to work many, many hours in other positions. You may even hear that this is an award winning place to work due to family-work life balance although the average employee has never – more... heard of the company winning this award and would not vote for them to win it.
They will give chances to people who need it, being those who have not worked in many years, who have a bad work record, or even those with criminal records. There are people who need those second chances, so that is great. However, they will work you like a dog and pay you poorly and management will joke about it and the promised days off which you cannot take, etc. This company does not even seem to respect itself sadly enough. – less
Big Market Company
Participant Services Specialist (Former Employee), Glenview, ILDecember 2, 2014
Big market company with little advancement opportunities
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: scheduled breaks
aq typical day at work was coming in logging into your computer to start the day. Co-workers always make the day go back fast. The hardest part go the job would be when the system crashes while you're on the phone. The most enjoyable is being in a relaxed environment.
CSR for H.R. related issues at inbound call center
Customer Service Representative/Temp (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TX 77381December 2, 2014
Pros: learning about medical plans, medicare, and the great clients' customers i dealt with daily.
Cons: parking. had to take a shuttle from my assigned parking lot to the building that i worked in. :)
Handling inbound calls from client employees as well as conducting outbound calls for follow-up as required. I would greet the employee, answer concerns and questions educating them on their benefits, and solve complex issues relating to their health, savings, retirement plans and human resource related issues. I was also responsible for providing professional, – more... knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, and responsive customer service.
• Utilizes personal computer and Windows NT and Lotus Notes software (knowledge of tools i.e., calculator, data entry, and navigating the Internet) to access customer accounts and product information for features and problem resolution.
• Utilizes the telephone system with headset throughout the workday.
• Assists customers with a wide variety of benefit questions and plan features via information accessed through the computer. Reviews the employee's account and answers questions within the parameter's of Aon Hewitt's policies and procedures.
• Creates and updates employee file in database via computer as authorized by Aon Hewitt.
• Keeps current on Aon Hewitt's programs and services through on-going training provided by Aon Hewitt and by utilizing the computer-based program.
• Attends meetings and training as directed.

ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY:
• Excellent verbal communications and listening skills via telephone.
• Solid written communication skills.
• Ability to read and retrieve data via computer using Windows NT and Lotus Notes environment
• Ability to "more than satisfy" a customer by providing outstanding customer service ensuring customer's questions/issues/concerns have been answered.
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable and dependable in an environment constantly upgrading/enhancing service/technology capabilities to it's customers.
• Written communication, especially as documented in case follow ups, is clear and effective.
• Able to own issues and bring to resolution.
• Learns and comprehends new concepts.

The hardest part of this job was that I was a temp or contract employee. So when the end of my contract came it was really hard to leave.
I loved learning about how healthcare insurance plans worked and became very knowledgable on my clients' open enrollment periods, handling their questions, completing their selections to send over in a batch order multiple times a day to a variety of Insurance companies. I also helped retirees from my clients companies with their enrollment benefits, life insurance, and all other benefits they had, as well as taking the time to make sure they understood their options or if they had any questions. – less
Do not practice what they preach
Benefits Rep (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: the building
Cons: people, ranstad, and pay
I am a current contract employee. I wanted to get on full time however after watching management and how they relate to employees, I am looking elsewhere. Upon day one they state that attendance is the first thing they consider when looking to hire full time; not the case. I have not been late nor absent once since my contract started and others have – more... been promoted who have severe attendance issues and sub par call scores. It became apparent that they chose who they click with. The management with Ranstad is horrible. They are who you actually work for until you are hired on full time. I have never experienced such rude, unprofessional people in my life. They treat the contract people as they are below species and do not care about you whatsoever. I am a self sufficient person who no issues so when I reach out to find an answer I would not expect to be treated so rudely, especially when every email correspondence from the Ranstad manager says "please email me if you have any issues". The full time employees look upon contract people as if they are a disease. The only positive is the facility. It is a beautiful place, with ugly people working for them. A poor representation of a company that is known worldwide. – less
Fun and Energetic Work environment
Tier II Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILNovember 26, 2014
Great people and the environment was relaxed. I learned a lot especially on how to train. The best part of my job was training the new employees on the process. One of the hardest parts of the jobs is leaving the people behind that weren't part of the force out
Excellent Place to work
Customer Service Representative - Inbound (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 22, 2014
Aon is a wonderful place to work, they have an excellent working culture. This is not like your typical call center. Everyone that I've had the opportunity to work with was extremely helpful
warehousing
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2014
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized packages using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
- Utilize mobile hand held devices for tracking shipments
- Lift packages and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50lbs frequently and greater – more... than 75lbs occasionally).
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Perform other duties as assigned – less
it is very nice being in the corporate world experiencing lots of things
learner (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 20, 2014
 Underwriting policies
 Quality check(update commission, sasria, broker fee and premiums) and spreadsheet auditing)
 Capturing confirmation of cover letters
 Loading branch policies
 Checking branch policies
 Managing and testing System development
 Team leader(Team management which includes managing projects)
 Informing clients about the changes – more... based on their premiums
 Updating team states and register
 Administration(Filing and Archiving, Emailing, Faxing, Scanning and printing)
 Communicating with clients concerning covers
 Providing system training for new learners
Year: Currently – less
good place to work with great cafeteria
YSA Specialist (Former Employee), orlando, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: many areas to advance
Cons: short breaks. short lunch
has a nice cafe and coffee indoors. conveniant so you don't have to leave
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), The WoodlandsNovember 17, 2014
Hearing customers concerns and trying to direct the call into the right direction sometimes was difficult. However, I enjoyed making connections and every call memorable and satisfied, never making them feel like it was just another phone call.
Great Place to work
HW Enterprise/Domain Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
Very Fast Paced & Great Culture, Constant learning environment