Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great learning experience
Account Representative (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 21, 2013
AON taught me a lot about account management and how best to utilize my time and management skills. I learned how to assist our clients to allow for open dialogue and quick resolution of any issues with their coverage.
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Pros: supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Cons: good co-workers
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
Good environment work place
EXCEL AND ACCESS SUPPORT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: no cons
Very busy company but sending lot of work to offshore.
Lof of nice people.
Great Place To Work
Lead Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 15, 2013
Love Aon, Great place to work and great people. Would recommend Aon to anyone I know.

Thanks,
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee), Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, – more... Run as far away from this company as possible! – less
Fast Pasted Environment
Benefits Operations Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: intense
Great place to start and work on a solid career, a very fast paced intense working environment.
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flexible shedules
Cons: doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The – more... most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines. – less
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons: lack of cohesion
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
It has it's moments
HR Administrator (Current Employee), torontoNovember 7, 2012
Cons: none i want to share
It has it's moments ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to – more... solve issues. – less
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
Pros: largest insurance broker in the world
Cons: largest insurance broker in the world
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: the location of work is very easy to access
Cons: very temporary jobs
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it – more... always place a role toward team building. – less
Conductive worki environment
Record Management Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: flexibility to wort from home.
Cons: at times, very tight deadline.
Place where professionals from different disciplines work together.
High value for information security.
aon
HR Analyst (Current Employee), North York, ONJune 11, 2012
aon is a great starting of company ti gain experence but luck any interral moving up
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 18, 2014
Team oriented, kind, patient, excellent management team, tech issues and pay concerns
very busy call center environment!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: unlimited access to hot chocolate, tea etc
Cons: it was a call center that is open late into the evening, so some nights we had to atay late to clear the queue
I was a temp here, so I can't say I was able to take full advantage of a lot of things, that was in place for permanent employees
Employee eccentric company
Team Member (Former Employee), Delhi High Court, DLOctober 15, 2014
good organisation to work with, good team mates, best managers
Fun and challenging
Benefits Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILOctober 14, 2014
I liked being able to solve customer problems and felt a sense of accomplishment after being able to help customers resolve their benefit needs
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), WoodlandsOctober 14, 2014
A typical work day consist of Hard Work, fun, and Busy, I learned alot about benefits 401 K pension and etc. My co Workers are friendly and helpful,

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more