Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Pros: supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Cons: good co-workers
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
Good environment work place
EXCEL AND ACCESS SUPPORT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: no cons
Very busy company but sending lot of work to offshore.
Lof of nice people.
Great Place To Work
Lead Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 15, 2013
Love Aon, Great place to work and great people. Would recommend Aon to anyone I know.

Thanks,
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee), Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, – more... Run as far away from this company as possible! – less
Fast Pasted Environment
Benefits Operations Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: intense
Great place to start and work on a solid career, a very fast paced intense working environment.
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flexible shedules
Cons: doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The – more... most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines. – less
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons: lack of cohesion
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
It has it's moments
HR Administrator (Current Employee), torontoNovember 7, 2012
Cons: none i want to share
It has it's moments ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to – more... solve issues. – less
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
Pros: largest insurance broker in the world
Cons: largest insurance broker in the world
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: the location of work is very easy to access
Cons: very temporary jobs
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it – more... always place a role toward team building. – less
Conductive worki environment
Record Management Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: flexibility to wort from home.
Cons: at times, very tight deadline.
Place where professionals from different disciplines work together.
High value for information security.
aon
HR Analyst (Current Employee), North York, ONJune 11, 2012
aon is a great starting of company ti gain experence but luck any interral moving up
Average Company
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), LincolnshireSeptember 11, 2014
Decent Benefits and pay. Management is could be a little more organized.
Be ready to train yourself
o Lead (Former Employee), The Woodlands TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: benefits are not free
Behavioral interviews are difficult, you must be prepared.

Pay raises are earned and it takes time to be proficient; keep low salary expectations. This is a starter job, not a career. Most positions have been offshored to India. It is possible to work for six months and be part of a reduction in force.

You will train for several weeks to learn about – more... benefits; once trained you will quickly find every customer you assist is complicated beyond your training. You will essentially train yourself on every customer call.

The most enjoyable part of this job is helping a customer beyond any measure they were expecting. The hardest part of this job is that you will fumble, stall, and have awkward experiences for 1-2 years until you master your job.

I read client provisions 1 hour before work started, during lunch, and 30 minutes after shift. I accessed work of my supervisors and read customer resolutions and reviewed accounts. Six months it took for me to be proficient and excel.

Your manager will tell you that a topic was covered in training. Unfortunately this is not correct. The devil is in the details. Details are not provided in training. It is up to you to know what is right and wrong. – less
customer service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: pay well hours great
Cons: distance
really enjoyed this position, friendly environment, knowledgeable, informative. I really felt like got a lot of help.
Fantastic Company with Unique Culture
Setup Configuration Specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, tiered matching (ira, 401k), great job growth
Cons: culture was sometimes restrictive, complex internal systems made job function challenging
At the time I worked for Hewitt the Aon acquisition had not occurred so my comments are on Hewitt. Human Resource outsourcing firm that had a small company feel with future growth. Steady advancement just log path way due to complex proprietary system. Great culture and great recognition for individual achievement. Management was top notch and work/life – more... Balance was good. – less
Something about Aon
Datastage developer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Such a nice company to work.

Good job culture.

Had good experience.
Great Training
Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Great training especially pertaining to Microsoft Excel and project management.

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more