Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Pros: supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Cons: good co-workers
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
Good environment work place
EXCEL AND ACCESS SUPPORT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: no cons
Very busy company but sending lot of work to offshore.
Lof of nice people.
Great Place To Work
Lead Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 15, 2013
Love Aon, Great place to work and great people. Would recommend Aon to anyone I know.

Thanks,
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee), Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, – more... Run as far away from this company as possible! – less
Fast Pasted Environment
Benefits Operations Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: intense
Great place to start and work on a solid career, a very fast paced intense working environment.
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flexible shedules
Cons: doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The – more... most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines. – less
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons: lack of cohesion
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
It has it's moments
HR Administrator (Current Employee), torontoNovember 7, 2012
Cons: none i want to share
It has it's moments ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to – more... solve issues. – less
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
Pros: largest insurance broker in the world
Cons: largest insurance broker in the world
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: the location of work is very easy to access
Cons: very temporary jobs
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it – more... always place a role toward team building. – less
Conductive worki environment
Record Management Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: flexibility to wort from home.
Cons: at times, very tight deadline.
Place where professionals from different disciplines work together.
High value for information security.
Productive and fun work place
team member (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 24, 2012
Pros: security, work environment
A very good company to work in. Had days where we had to strech to meet the targets and days where we had fun games and enjoyed with team mates. Would surely like to work there again.
aon
HR Analyst (Current Employee), North York, ONJune 11, 2012
aon is a great starting of company ti gain experence but luck any interral moving up
Never a dull moment
Case Manager, (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCJuly 29, 2014
Multi-tasking, customer care oriented company providing great insurance benefits.
Productive and friendly working environment
Helpline Administrator (Former Employee), Reading, ENGJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pension scheme, annual bonus
Providing a helpline service to clients regarding specific requirements in relation to their insurance policy.

I learned how to respond quickly and accurately to support clients and senior members of staff.

Management and co-workers were always focused on the job in hand and also help others as we worked well together as a team.

The hardest part – more... of the job was to produce month end reports and sending out month end Invoices in a short time scale.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a friendly working environment and having a good relationship with clients. – less
Business Analyst/Calc Engine Pension Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2014
40 hours work days
you learn a lot at work
Management is ok
people that work there a ok
working withsome management team can be hard
More about corporate politics than vision or results
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TexasJuly 28, 2014
Pros: networking opportunity
Cons: short breaks (sometimes only 30m lunch and no other breaks) poor health coverage for cost.
Not a bad place to get your feet wet in Human Resources. Don't expect to make changes or have ideas listened heard. You get the chance to work with some great companies and learn about corporate benefits.

Typical day at work is answering calls from the client's employees regarding; 401(k), health insurance, pension, etc. You will learn all these in – more... detail.

Management is promoted via clique and popularity rather than results. Management will often implement changes without seeking to understand the situation or colleague's ability. I spent large amounts of time cleaning up the mess the manager made, training people who weren't adept at the skill.

The hardest part of the job is seeing people get promoted who have no business in their current position let alone a higher position. There are exceptions of course but generally true.

Most enjoyable part was helping people and sharing in their good experiences such as marriage and birth/adoption. – less
Fun place to work
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 28, 2014
Nice work culture and good technical growth encouraged as far as the project I worked on was concerned

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more