Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flexible shedules
Cons: doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The – more... most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines. – less
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons: lack of cohesion
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
It has it's moments
HR Administrator (Current Employee), torontoNovember 7, 2012
Cons: none i want to share
It has it's moments ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to – more... solve issues. – less
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
Pros: largest insurance broker in the world
Cons: largest insurance broker in the world
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: the location of work is very easy to access
Cons: very temporary jobs
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it – more... always place a role toward team building. – less
Conductive worki environment
Record Management Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: flexibility to wort from home.
Cons: at times, very tight deadline.
Place where professionals from different disciplines work together.
High value for information security.
Productive and fun work place
team member (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 24, 2012
Pros: security, work environment
A very good company to work in. Had days where we had to strech to meet the targets and days where we had fun games and enjoyed with team mates. Would surely like to work there again.
aon
HR Analyst (Current Employee), North York, ONJune 11, 2012
aon is a great starting of company ti gain experence but luck any interral moving up
Great experience to work with company like AON.
Advance Team member (Current Employee), Vashi, Navi MumbaiApril 23, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
AON Hewitt is one of the leading BPO in Human resources and Management consulting. Work experience with the company is excellent. There are variety of training which help an individual to overcome there weakness and how to excel in the customer services.

Every day is challenging since we are working with big clients and this part is the hardest and – more... the enjoyable part of the job. Management and co-workers are very cooperative due to which target setup by the clients is achievable. – less
Good place to work -balanced work/life environment
Senior Benefits Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2014
Pros: telecommute, flexible work schedule
Cons: workload and micromanagement
Typical day depends on if its the beginning or end of week, month or quarter. But a typical day involves attending meeting, reviewing files, chatting with client and third party vendors. You learn a lot of time management and how to prioritize your daily task. Management is hands and a bit of a micro management from the top to the bottom managers. Lots – more... if anxiety on the side o management. Co-workers are supportive until they move to management. Keeping the client and third party vendors happy is the hardest part of the job. A flexible work schedule is the best part of this job – less
Nice Place to work
Batch Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Noida, UPApril 21, 2014
Overall Good but work is limited, need to explore more.....
Great coworkers
Executive Benefits Plan Design Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
A good place to work because of the people. Depending on your area within Aon you may or may not have opportunities to interact directly with client contacts and/or Aon leadership. The Atlanta office definitely provided these opportunities. I am not sure how the environment is now with the Hewitt acquisition, but I made colleagues for life at Aon.
My experience working with Aon Hewitt
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay per hour, pay time off on holidays
Cons: company policies don't match up with the management staff...different coaching styles
I did not like the job because it was not a good fit for me because of irreconcilable differences in connection with company policies and procedures with Aon Hewitt. Will explain if called upon interview.
Nice place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRApril 19, 2014
Pros: work culture, supportive manager
Cons: shifts, compensation
Awesome place to work, I joined as a team member in 2009 and found loads of opportunity at AON to learn groom and grow resulted working as Operations manager now.
Good Work Culture
Setup Configuration Specialist (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRApril 19, 2014
I have learned about the testing process and the approach the MNC Company follows during the lifecycle of the project.
Fun workplace
Human Resources Outsourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2014
Pros: lunch vendors and onsite gym
Very professional enviorment with an onsite gym to stay fit.
Managed team of 7 supervisors and 110 assessors.
Manager (Former Employee), Melville, NYApril 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment, benefits, worked extremely well with co-workers, learned a great deal about human resources.
Cons: after 9/11 testing went down from over 1000 a day to low 100, had to lay off over 40 people, had to follow human resources instruction and lay off bases on hire date not performance.
Worked closely with Supervisors constantly coaching and mentoring them. Edited performance evaluations written by supervisors. Assisted in monitoring employee calls and guided supervisors to give feedback. Participated on company wide conference call reviewing all aspects of business.
Worked extremely well with all my co-workers.
The most difficult – more... part of the job was having to hire 40 behavioral assessors in a very short period of time. We had put on so much business that we needed to increase staff by 40%.
I thoroughly enjoyed training and developing supervisors, – less
Payroll Executive (Current Employee), Noida, UPApril 17, 2014
Pros: best plase to work and learn, global working environment.
Cons: low pay, night shift
I am working in Aon Hewitt. This is my very forst job since I completed my grads. I have learned a lot here. How to manage my time between my life and job. Hw to takle people. How to manage the stressed and chaos situation.
Typical Day
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2014
A typical day in the office, is any typical day in a call center.

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more