Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Pros: supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Cons: good co-workers
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
Good environment work place
EXCEL AND ACCESS SUPPORT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: no cons
Very busy company but sending lot of work to offshore.
Lof of nice people.
Great Place To Work
Lead Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 15, 2013
Love Aon, Great place to work and great people. Would recommend Aon to anyone I know.

Thanks,
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee), Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, – more... Run as far away from this company as possible! – less
Fast Pasted Environment
Benefits Operations Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: intense
Great place to start and work on a solid career, a very fast paced intense working environment.
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flexible shedules
Cons: doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The – more... most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines. – less
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons: lack of cohesion
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
It has it's moments
HR Administrator (Current Employee), torontoNovember 7, 2012
Cons: none i want to share
It has it's moments ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to – more... solve issues. – less
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
Pros: largest insurance broker in the world
Cons: largest insurance broker in the world
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: the location of work is very easy to access
Cons: very temporary jobs
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it – more... always place a role toward team building. – less
Conductive worki environment
Record Management Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: flexibility to wort from home.
Cons: at times, very tight deadline.
Place where professionals from different disciplines work together.
High value for information security.
aon
HR Analyst (Current Employee), North York, ONJune 11, 2012
aon is a great starting of company ti gain experence but luck any interral moving up
fun workplace with good work
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), noidaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good environment, transparency, parties
Cons: long hours work, stretched working hours for continous week
Day in office is good and my all co-workers are supportive. I really enjoy leading my team for many events and work as a team.
Hardest part of job is continous stretching for whole month.
Great Learning Enviroment
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: the appreciation shown for employees
Cons: hard to eat lunch their in the cafeteria because it stayed extremely busy
Very fast pace of incoming and outbound call center that handle the Federal Reserve Bank Retirees and new hires . It was a pleasure speaking to the elder and assisting them on maintaining their benefits.
good workplace
Batch Specialist (Current Employee), NoidaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: less tough work
Cons: annoying policies
nice to have been here, but less exposure for technical people
Lots of learing with new tools and technologies.
Developer Analyst (Former Employee), GurgaonSeptember 24, 2014
Aon is a good place to work in terms of the best programming tools and latest framework. The work quality is good enough to keep a person motivated.
Not a people place
Human Resources/Health and Welfare Representative (Former Employee), CharlotteSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: training on a non existant client
I believe that intentions are there as a concept for the company itself. But you must have Managers and Supervisors that mimic them. I think I just got a bad apple out of maybe a barrel of some good managers, because in talking with others they like it, but they always say.. it depends on who you have.. I do not like talking negative , so I will leave – more... it at this – less
Recruiting Consultant - 12+ yrs
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Develop and maintain external and internal relationships for establishing available applicant pool. Source, screen, assess and interview candidates throughout employment process. Effectively utilize cold calling and lead methods to network and develop new clients. Negotiate salaries and start dates. Manage applicant tracking system. Serve as a point – more... of contact for various special projects, job fairs and community outreach recruiting efforts. Facilitator: New Hire Orientation and Behavioral Based Interview training – less

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more