Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons: lack of cohesion
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
It has it's moments
HR Administrator (Current Employee), torontoNovember 7, 2012
Cons: none i want to share
It has it's moments ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to – more... solve issues. – less
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
Pros: largest insurance broker in the world
Cons: largest insurance broker in the world
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: the location of work is very easy to access
Cons: very temporary jobs
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it – more... always place a role toward team building. – less
Conductive worki environment
Record Management Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: flexibility to wort from home.
Cons: at times, very tight deadline.
Place where professionals from different disciplines work together.
High value for information security.
Productive and fun work place
team member (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 24, 2012
Pros: security, work environment
A very good company to work in. Had days where we had to strech to meet the targets and days where we had fun games and enjoyed with team mates. Would surely like to work there again.
aon
HR Analyst (Current Employee), North York, ONJune 11, 2012
aon is a great starting of company ti gain experence but luck any interral moving up
Typical Day
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2014
A typical day in the office, is any typical day in a call center.
Good place to Work and nice environment.
IND Specialist (Current Employee), ChennaiApril 15, 2014
Its a very good experience to work with AON. Learned good technical and leadership skills.
Good Company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
Good company with a great roster of clients. Team members are great team. Workload can be very heavy and stressful at times.
Very Boring, Don't learn much
Actuarial Associate (Former Employee), Somerset, NJApril 14, 2014
Management is not organized, salaries are very weak as opposed to our billing rate. Culture is boring, no employee appreciation. They downsized without any warning and all employees job were in jeopardy. No work life balance, no work remotely. Either you come in for the entire day or to be taken off of your 14 day allowance (even for illness.
Busy Busy Busy
Customer Service Rep/ Pension Specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands TxApril 14, 2014
Pros: i met a lot of great people (co-workers ) no weekends
Aon was a Job and a experience on how to handle people. I switched Management like every 4-6 months and there was something changing everyday. This job taught me how to work in an environment that could change in 24 hours
fun at work
Team Member (Current Employee), GurgaonApril 13, 2014
Pros: leave and absence management
Cons: 8.00 hours
Aon hewitt is the good place to work. nice management, fun with work and learning process too!
Good experiance
Band 03, Migration Consultant (Current Employee), Till dateApril 12, 2014
Pros: knowledge sharing
Cons: technogly issue.
Good experiance with lots of learing new things. Good knowledge sharing, new learning.
Great Company for starting a career in benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 11, 2014
Aon is a call center atmosphere with multiple clients being serviced. The atmosphere is relaxed. The hardest part of the job is resisting the cafeteria. What I enjoy most is the ability to prioritize my duties throughout the day.
Case Manager
LOA Case Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FLApril 10, 2014
Unorganized CHAOS. Day to day changes. Ineffective direction and leadership. Little to no room for growth.
Great people, not great with retaining talent, like to work very thin
Implementation Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexible, nice work environment
Cons: pay
very busy, lots to learn, pay not too good. Learned a great deal by working with very large clients and being expert in absence for those clients. Co workers are very stressed because high paced low pay environment.
Challenging Environment but Surrounded by Talent
Senior Leadership (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Tonnes of talented people in this organization. No matter where I turn, I see another person with a LOT to give to his or her clients.

VERY client-focused but sometimes to a fault. Knowledge sharing, career development, and training are not this company's strong suit. But, if you're a self-starter, this is a fantastic place to be.

Salary for those – more... in NYC will be light compared to competitors, but the company does value employees who are strong individual contributors. – less
Positive workforce.
Marketing Specialist - Life & Health Marketing (Former Employee), Hatboro, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: great group of people to work wth.
Cons: low pay. no chance for advancement. managment at odds.
Some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. Good work-life balance. Low pay.

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more