Aon Employee Reviews

An excellent company to work for.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  North York, ON14 August 2016
- Check emails, performed all daily duties e.g. run daily reports and prepare adjusting entries, respond to Siebel request and prepare cross charges entries if required to clear client's account.

- No issue with management

- My co-workers are very knowledgeable and easy to work with.

- Not having the tools to complete my job at times.

- The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my client's expectations.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Not very many jobs avaliable with my skill sets.
no chance to improve
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
on the phone and dealing with employee. Didnt learn much for it was such a short time. the management wasnt great for noone really tell you the truth. They seem just talk and not help employee to improve
Professionals in Risk Management
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  new delhi23 June 2016
Best employer with best facilities to employee.A healthy work culture
motivated and helping team lead. needs to improve at their transportation service to employees
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Evening Shifts and transportation policy
Productive and Fun work life
HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
When working with Aon, I deal with people who work for the banks. I help people with leaves of absences, policy clarification, who to contact when work issues arise for that employee.
The management with Aon Hewitt is fantastic. We have a great team of people. I would say the most dificult to work with is when I am speaking with an employee and trying to be careful with empathy. It is difficult to seperate yourself from that person at times when they are going through tough time. IE: personal, work etc.
The most enjoyable for me is the interaction I have with all people everyday. I am a workhorse but do like making people smile.
Pros
Work Events and charities
Cons
Not over empathizing with issues employees have.
The biggest employer in Maritime by so far
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 April 2016
The company has offered a great chance to the graduated students in east coast to start the finance and accounting career.
Good in general
GRIP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
This is a good place to start your career in corporate insurance world. Being very generous on staff training and continued education
Great Salary
Receptionist / Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2016
This company is now closed - bought by Honeywell
It was a great place to work with very innovative people - the salary was amazing too.

Vacation 2 weeks upon arrival

We used to get bonuses but that came to a halt when we were bought by Bacou-Dalloz
Pros
Location downtown
Cons
Bought by a very large company
great place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 February 2016
Really enjoyed working here as the company has an excellent work live balance and great benefits package. The people are lovely to work with
productive
Bilingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2015
very productive environment where you learn problem solving . Management not really ready to help but you develop sens of work independently.
I loved working here
Broker Specialist II- Personal Lines Processing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
Many learning experiences and strong leadership to identify and develop my strengths an to work toward strengthening my weaknesses.
Great company, great values, great team
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  20 Bay Street, Toronto, ON21 October 2015
I really enjoy working with Aon as they invest in your education, and in team building activities.

There are various company activities we get to participate in, and discounts such as baseball games.
Pros
great people, and structure
Cons
beurocracy
day work
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
I’ve had the opportunity to work for Aon Hewitt for almost Four year. As we are aware, CIBC outsources Human Resources functions to Aon Hewitt. At Aon Hewitt, my job duties require me to handle incoming calls and communicate through a means of email correspondence with CIBC managers, directors, and executives. Furthermore, I also provide administrative support to our CIBC HR consultants with any inquiries they have regarding human resources policies, running reports in myHR or myTime, or simply assisting with transactions in either of these systems. At Aon Hewitt, I use the People Soft software to access any specific employee data, as well as, CIBC & Me to provide any additional support. This job has really allowed me to gain a great working knowledge of CIBC’s business activities and organization structure.
Developed my communcationand customer service skils
Bilingual Human Resources Support Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
I developed my customer service and customer service skills . I enjoyed assisting customers with their questions. Sometimes, it can be really stressful when we have high volume of calls and have to manage resolutions and other administrative duties. Overall, I had a good experience
Pros
Working with team members
Inclusive and Engaging
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 September 2015
Supportive management and colleagues.

Great Benefits and flexible schedules

Good perks and great place for growth.

Most enjoyable is working with all different types of backgrounds.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Resources for admins
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Can be fun sometimes working along with team mates and learning from them.
Like all company there are the red tape and politics.
Bad place to work
Bilingual H.R. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2015
Very poor management - poor supervisor - no work ethics - was not willing to allow time for new hires to understand the software
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive, professional and an EXCELLENT place to work.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Aon! A typical day at work included meeting with different stakeholders, IT onboarding processes, coordinating interviews, attending meetings and taking part in special projects regarding talent acquisition.

The management and co-workers were amongst the best group I have ever worked with. My manager was extremely present, proactive and a great leader. I also made great long term friendships with the co-workers I met there.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the work life balance factor – I absolutely loved that I was able to work from home which made it easy for me during my multiple doctor appointments. The hardest part of the job, (if I had to choose) could be that my manager was in another country but she made it very apparent that she was present and there for our team.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Working from home, Great team, Great location
Cons
IT was difficult to assist with issues, Moving up & Contracts
Great atmosphere
QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2015
Unfortunately, I was given a permanent position, Management did not have the courage to liberally speak their opinion.
Pros
Liberty
Cons
ill managed
Nice Place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 May 2015
Continous Night shifts
Management and co-workers are excellent to work along
Work life balance maintained
Talent is recognised and rewarded efficiently
Pros
Very Nice work culture
Cons
No cons
productive
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, Québec27 March 2015
never worked at call center before and loved the experience will look for work in a call center again definately. inbound call centre made it less stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aon. Our community is ready to answer.