Aon Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive workplace with great co workers and culture
Deployment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
I really enjoy working at AON where we face challenges and work as a team to resolve any technical issues that may arise.

It was easy as I learnt the process within a day that is to be followed according to the SOP.

The management team and the colleagues are great people to work with.

One of the difficult parts of the jobs was when users requested new computers, which we did not have authorization to. However, speaking to their managers and getting authorizations usually solved this issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to perform tasks and learning new methods.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
having to stay extra if an issue occurs
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONApril 28, 2014
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries
Pros
location
Cons
family business, no room for growth
supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Pros
Cons
good co-workers
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2013
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines.
Pros
flexible shedules
Cons
doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it always place a role toward team building.
Pros
the location of work is very easy to access
Cons
very temporary jobs
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to solve issues.
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee) –  Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, Run as far away from this company as possible!
Cons
too many to list
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Pros
largest insurance broker in the world
Cons
largest insurance broker in the world
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
Pros
co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons
lack of cohesion
Demanding role requiring complete turnaround of IT department on a major outsourcing contract
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 18, 2014
Continuous improvement of processes, procedures, plans
Staff and organizational development
Partnering with multiple internal and external clients
Pros
challenging
Cons
reported to us management who were remote
insurance company
Customer service Adviser for Participant Benefits (Former Employee) –  MontrealJanuary 16, 2014
I was working from 9-5,monday to friday. I learned everything about insurance company.My co-working were amazing and very friendly.The hardest part is when the client is angry for no reason. the most enjoyable part was when the client was satisfied. It was located in Montreal Downtown.
Unfair Employer Aon Hewitt Consulting
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OnJanuary 22, 2014
Don't ever think of working here. The worst employee. Management is biased and favoritism thrives. There is no room for a hardworking honest employee. Its is a sneaky scary place
Staff turnover in all depts is unbelievable
Cons
unfair management and favourite groups
Excellent Company for Students and Graduates
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoNovember 18, 2013
As a Benefits Analyst, I administer the Benefits for more than 12,000 employees (3 major clients) from a benefits and payroll perspective. My day consist of working anywhere between 8-10 hours per day.
Pros
tons of opportunities
Cons
the pay, work-life balance
Good entry level job with great people
Configuration Specialist (Junior System Analyst) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 24, 2015
- Met several great people
- Best manager
- Relaxed office environment
Great learning experience
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 21, 2013
AON taught me a lot about account management and how best to utilize my time and management skills. I learned how to assist our clients to allow for open dialogue and quick resolution of any issues with their coverage.
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
People influence work environment
Pension Specialist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I worked for Hewitt Associates before Aon Merged with Hewitt. It is an awesome company to work for. I have heard from former colleages that the merges caused positive changes.
Good
Assistant Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 23, 2014
Conducting investment performance reviews for institutional pension plans and investment funds;
Collaborating in the transition and implementation of a new performance monitoring tool.
Big consulting firm
System Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
- Highly professional working environment
- Cutting edge technology for HR consulting
- Fast paced and highly efficient work style required