Aon Employee Reviews

Productive, professional and an EXCELLENT place to work.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Aon! A typical day at work included meeting with different stakeholders, IT onboarding processes, coordinating interviews, attending meetings and taking part in special projects regarding talent acquisition.

The management and co-workers were amongst the best group I have ever worked with. My manager was extremely present, proactive and a great leader. I also made great long term friendships with the co-workers I met there.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the work life balance factor – I absolutely loved that I was able to work from home which made it easy for me during my multiple doctor appointments. The hardest part of the job, (if I had to choose) could be that my manager was in another country but she made it very apparent that she was present and there for our team.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Working from home, Great team, Great location
Cons
IT was difficult to assist with issues, Moving up & Contracts
Great atmosphere
QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2015
Unfortunately, I was given a permanent position, Management did not have the courage to liberally speak their opinion.
Pros
Liberty
Cons
ill managed
Nice Place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 May 2015
Continous Night shifts
Management and co-workers are excellent to work along
Work life balance maintained
Talent is recognised and rewarded efficiently
Pros
Very Nice work culture
Cons
No cons
productive
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, Québec27 March 2015
never worked at call center before and loved the experience will look for work in a call center again definately. inbound call centre made it less stressful
Account Coordinator Paper Pusher
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan26 March 2015
I was hired on as the Account Coordinator having over 10 years experience in the insurance industry and have my CAIB designation. The brokers above me just obtained their designations that year and I'm sitting folding boxes filling dead files. My skills were not utilized at all! And what's funny...they still haven't filled my position.
Pros
the wage
Cons
No management skills...no direction...nothing to do
Experience of early in my CSR Role
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2015
Few years back (my first CSR role probably), while I was working for one company, I remember being by myself in the Department, that was one evening, when I received a customer who came to order a particular special item to me. I knew that I once had watched my supervisor doing the same order on computer but I had never ever had a training on how to do it. With confidence, I started ordering the item on my system and my client was sitting beside.
Arrived in the middle of the transaction, I was stuck. I did not know where to go, which way or button to press. And then, we started looking one another.
After like 5 to 10 minutes without any word, an idea came into my mind, I called the assistant line for help. The guy who I spoke to was so much helpful and he was able to lead me throughout the whole process.
Then I was able to help my customer although it took longer than expected. I was so impressed on how my client was so patient and kind to me, until the end of the transaction. He understood me and finally was satisfied and pleased.
What I learned, when working, we won't be always easy things, we sometimes meet with hard situations that require immediate decision making. In middle, it wasn't really funny, but it ended well at least and my client was served and happy. I compare this like life. Life is not always easy, sometimes it requires to push and squeeze. Challenges are good in particular times! They prepare you for the next level!!
Good entry level job with great people
Configuration Specialist (Junior System Analyst) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON24 January 2015
- Met several great people
- Best manager
- Relaxed office environment
Excellent workplace with wonderful people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2014
I loved working with Aon Hewitt. Excellent working conditions, great staff and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people, and carefully tailor the coverage plans to their needs, helping them choose what suited them better.
Pros
relaxed, productive atmosphere
Setup Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto13 December 2014
Depends which department and team you work for, iv been lucky to work in a great team
productive and fun place
CIBC Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto On6 November 2014
a typical day at work is, come in, sign up, and start taking and making calls, checking emails and responding to emails too.

What i learned are the duties of an HR.. answering trouble shooting calls, payroll, retirement, benefits and more.

The hardest thing is storing all the tone of information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job is customer satisfaction.
Horrible Work Place.
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2014
Terrible bosses, a culture of blatant favoritism. There is no organisation, mass confusion. Zero support from upper management. Customer Service Associates are underpaid and overworked. I worked at their Sheppard and Yonge Toronto Canada location. It is the equivalent of a sweat shop. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at Aon Hewitt.
Pros
There is none.
Cons
Too many to mention, horrible bosses, no support
Job Review Assessment
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton2 October 2014
I agree with several others. This is a below average company. It is top heavy with inexperienced managers who got the role due to service years and not experience clearly. Unable to assist new hires. Openly discuss office problems with other staff. Reminded me of a MLM company; definitely a good place for newbies, not people looking for a career unless you want to brown nose to get places.
Pros
My last day.
Cons
No free lunches, inexperienced managers, no office support. Managers openly discussed their HR problems without privacy. Liked verbal abuse.
Big consulting firm
System Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2014
- Highly professional working environment
- Cutting edge technology for HR consulting
- Fast paced and highly efficient work style required
Demanding role requiring complete turnaround of IT department on a major outsourcing contract
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 August 2014
Continuous improvement of processes, procedures, plans
Staff and organizational development
Partnering with multiple internal and external clients
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Reported to US management who were remote
Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2014
Translate business requirement into technical specification
Perform data manipulation (including coding, cleaning, and merging of data) and conduct statistical data analysis for various types of requests.
Prepare reports (creating charts and tables, using MS Excel and Access) as requested by internal / external clients
Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested by internal / external clients.
Provide support to clients, as required
Automate the production reports using different tools and methodologis to enable quicker production, greater consistency and lower error rate
Identify opportunities to streamline standardize and automate i
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
Bilingual CSA
Bilingual Customer Service Associate / Pension (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2014
It has been a really good experience where I have had the chance to improve my professional and customer service skills.
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON28 April 2014
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries
Pros
location
Cons
family business, no room for growth
Good
Assistant Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal23 April 2014
Conducting investment performance reviews for institutional pension plans and investment funds;
Collaborating in the transition and implementation of a new performance monitoring tool.
Collaborative environment
Talent Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2014
It has a collaborative work environment and work life balance
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2014
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes.
Pros
Great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons
Long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents