Aon Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible Work Place.
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Terrible bosses, a culture of blatant favoritism. There is no organisation, mass confusion. Zero support from upper management. Customer Service Associates are underpaid and overworked. I worked at their Sheppard and Yonge Toronto Canada location. It is the equivalent of a sweat shop. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at Aon Hewitt.
Pros
there is none.
Cons
too many to mention, horrible bosses, no support
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
Pros
co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons
lack of cohesion
Productive workplace with great co workers and culture
Deployment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
I really enjoy working at AON where we face challenges and work as a team to resolve any technical issues that may arise.

It was easy as I learnt the process within a day that is to be followed according to the SOP.

The management team and the colleagues are great people to work with.

One of the difficult parts of the jobs was when users requested new computers, which we did not have authorization to. However, speaking to their managers and getting authorizations usually solved this issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to perform tasks and learning new methods.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
having to stay extra if an issue occurs
Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
Translate business requirement into technical specification
Perform data manipulation (including coding, cleaning, and merging of data) and conduct statistical data analysis for various types of requests.
Prepare reports (creating charts and tables, using MS Excel and Access) as requested by internal / external clients
Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested by internal / external clients.
Provide support to clients, as required
Automate the production reports using different tools and methodologis to enable quicker production, greater consistency and lower error rate
Identify opportunities to streamline standardize and automate i
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
productive
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QuébecMarch 27, 2015
never worked at call center before and loved the experience will look for work in a call center again definately. inbound call centre made it less stressful
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONApril 28, 2014
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries
Pros
location
Cons
family business, no room for growth
Excellent workplace with wonderful people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2014
I loved working with Aon Hewitt. Excellent working conditions, great staff and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people, and carefully tailor the coverage plans to their needs, helping them choose what suited them better.
Pros
relaxed, productive atmosphere
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2013
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines.
Pros
flexible shedules
Cons
doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
Demanding role requiring complete turnaround of IT department on a major outsourcing contract
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 18, 2014
Continuous improvement of processes, procedures, plans
Staff and organizational development
Partnering with multiple internal and external clients
Pros
challenging
Cons
reported to us management who were remote
Experience of early in my CSR Role
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Few years back (my first CSR role probably), while I was working for one company, I remember being by myself in the Department, that was one evening, when I received a customer who came to order a particular special item to me. I knew that I once had watched my supervisor doing the same order on computer but I had never ever had a training on how to do it. With confidence, I started ordering the item on my system and my client was sitting beside.
Arrived in the middle of the transaction, I was stuck. I did not know where to go, which way or button to press. And then, we started looking one another.
After like 5 to 10 minutes without any word, an idea came into my mind, I called the assistant line for help. The guy who I spoke to was so much helpful and he was able to lead me throughout the whole process.
Then I was able to help my customer although it took longer than expected. I was so impressed on how my client was so patient and kind to me, until the end of the transaction. He understood me and finally was satisfied and pleased.
What I learned, when working, we won't be always easy things, we sometimes meet with hard situations that require immediate decision making. In middle, it wasn't really funny, but it ended well at least and my client was served and happy. I compare this like life. Life is not always easy, sometimes it requires to push and squeeze. Challenges are good in particular times! They prepare you for the next level!!
supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Pros
Cons
good co-workers
Good entry level job with great people
Configuration Specialist (Junior System Analyst) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 24, 2015
- Met several great people
- Best manager
- Relaxed office environment
Unfair Employer Aon Hewitt Consulting
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OnJanuary 22, 2014
Don't ever think of working here. The worst employee. Management is biased and favoritism thrives. There is no room for a hardworking honest employee. Its is a sneaky scary place
Staff turnover in all depts is unbelievable
Cons
unfair management and favourite groups
Collaborative environment
Talent Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
It has a collaborative work environment and work life balance
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance
Pensions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2013
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance, Horrible people wiuth bad attitudes and yelling at you for simple stuff
Crazy busy place
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CONSULTING TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2013
Not a great experience at this company. Long hours, morning and evening calls with the team in India, not enough people to do the work.
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Pros
largest insurance broker in the world
Cons
largest insurance broker in the world
Great learning experience
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 21, 2013
AON taught me a lot about account management and how best to utilize my time and management skills. I learned how to assist our clients to allow for open dialogue and quick resolution of any issues with their coverage.
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
Setup Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  TorontoDecember 13, 2014
Depends which department and team you work for, iv been lucky to work in a great team